Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Around The Anime Horn ❯ Time to ‘face’ facts with Mike Tyson and crisis in the clubs. ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AROUND THE ANIME HORN

NOTICE!!!

A/N: Welcome to the fifth presentation of Around The Anime Horn. We are halfway through this season and I will use this space to explain what will happen with this series. The first nine episodes are dedicated to finding the best banterer of the three animes posted on this fan fiction. Of the nine winners, the four that accumulated the most points overall will be invited back for our season finale (tenth) episode where the winner will get a cash prize of $250,000 (US). And they will also host or pick a host for the two seasons of Around The Animation Horn. During that time, this version will be under hiatus. When that season ends, we will single out a winner of season one by the same process. Afterwards the second seasons of both shows will be typed out, each garnering a winner with the same cash prize. The real finale will bring back all of the winners of the four seasons to answer the question of who is the best banterer in all of animation. Now that my blueprint is out of the way, Norah Jones' best Michael Jackson impersonation at the Grammy's, Tyson's face, and tragedies at a Chicago and Rhode Island nightclub will all be discussed along with a whole lot more. So if you want to see the best in USA Anime duel it out for a chance at a quarter million dollars, stay tuned to this fan fiction!

Day 5: Time to `face' facts with Mike Tyson and crisis in the clubs. (Recorded February 24, 2003)

(we're on the air)

Read: These four things I know are true! Seeing Tyson fight Etienne on Saturday reminded me of the golden days of his `boxing' career. Seeing Chucky Atkins whine about how the Pistons aren't getting enough media coverage reminded me of how much I hated to see people suck up to get what they want. Seeing Norah Jones win all those Grammys reminded me of how a certain king of pop would do just the same thing nearly two decades ago, and I'm Arthur Read welcoming you Around The Anime Horn!

(intro plays)

Voice Over: It's Around The Anime Horn… the show of competitive banter. Here now, it's Arthur Read!

Read: Welcome back to the guilty pleasure circus where I play the ringmaster. Let's get right to it with our panel that's all anime down to their skin and bones! First, from the ever successful Yu-Gi-Oh!, he has become an awesome duelist, everyone welcome Joey Wheeler. Before you say anything else, I called you Katsuya on a previous show (whispering) or was that the author? (A/N: Katsuya is the JPN last name for Joey) I want to know which one you are comfortable with before we continue.

Wheeler: Wheeler is fine with me.

Read: Very well. Moving right along, this drawing expert was the leader of the Digimon Tamers squad. Please welcome Takato Matsuda. Next she is not only from Pokemon she is also Tom Ridge's real-life example of how to use duct tape (whispering as Tom Ridge) put it over the mouth of the <beep> to prevent sound from coming out (normal voice) we welcome Misty Waterflower.

Waterflower: You certainly have a way with the ladies.

Read: I like to think I do. And finally, this young man has rocked anime in the US back in 1999 with the former #1 hit show on Saturdays. As always, he sports a hairstyle that Ben Wallace of the Detroit Pistons would be jealous of. All you Digimon fans know him as Tai Yagami! Everyone, this is the show that scores the argument and here is how I do it with these joysticks and MUTE buttons.

For the first two rounds, scoring will be based on point of view, style and information.

O.K. answers get one point

Good answers get two points

Great answers get three points

The MUTE button (deduction of five points) is used to penalize and direct traffic during arguments.

We eliminate panelists in the second and fourth rounds so a one on one showdown determines the winner. Let's make it happen!

Voice Over: It's the Opening Remarks!

Read: The Tyson/Etienne only took 49 seconds to complete as Iron Mike Tyson knocked out Clifford Etienne in the first round. Going into this fight it seemed as if the fight itself was the last thing on peoples minds. Here is our first question. What was the highlight of that weekend in Memphis? Around the horn to Misty Waterflower.

Waterflower: The highlights of the weekend can be summed up into a top four list. Number four, the fight ends. (three points; at 3) Number three, Tyson gets off the plane in Memphis doing his best imitation of Michael Jackson's kids in public by hiding his face from public view. (two points; at 5) Number two; we get to see Tyson's infant son at a very revealing press conference that weekend. And number one was when we finally got to see the face tattoo.

Matsuda: No Misty, number one should be a true <beep> at heart pretending she is David Letterman. (two points; at 2) The entire weekend should have been devoted to Freddie Roach's attempts of getting Mike Tyson to make one of the greatest comebacks in boxing history next to George Foreman. (three points; at 5) Mike is taking the next step to becoming the heavyweight champion once again. It will be him and the tattoo at the top.

Wheeler: Takato, I personally think that the tattoo has a better look at opponents than Tyson himself. I mean, he said it himself. This tattoo is only half finished and it will mark the transformation of either a champion or a freak show. (two points; at 2)

Yagami: The fact of the matter is that all we could talk about for that weekend was the tattoo because we didn't even know if there would be a fight between the two considering it was called off every 5-15 minutes. (three points; at 3) Unless you don't like Jay-Z or you aren't Tony Kornheiser (three points; at 6) or you just don't like Tonya Harding, there was no reason to even be in Memphis.

Wheeler (in unison): I want to go back…

Matsuda (in unison): Oh sure. Play pretend as if… (MUTE; now at 0)

Waterflower (in unison): You really think that… (MUTE; now at 0)

Read: Your turn Joey.

Wheeler: Tyson's career was never the same when he fought Buster Douglas in Tokyo. (two points; at 4) Now everyone wants a piece of the has-been but I think that Mike is very serious about a comeback this time.

Read: Nice statement, but I want to throw this one out to Takato. You said along with just about everyone else on the panel that this `comeback' by Tyson is serious. I want to know if it is serious enough to combat a Lennox Lewis type fighter.

Matsuda: Read, my lips, Read. Nobody is strong enough or tactical enough to fight Lewis for all the marbles. Do you ever wonder how Lewis and Tyson would look today? I say that Tyson would only last a round longer than their last fight only because of all the media attention. (two points; at 2)

Yagami: That's true, but do you also notice how Tyson has more street smarts than before? It used to be that after an Etienne fight, Tyson would say `bring on Lewis' (three points; at 9) but now, he says that it would be smart to wait and train more so he can really be ready for a challenge.

Waterflower: Before Tyson can get into the ring with Lewis, he has to fight one more top heavyweight (two points; at 2) like a Ruiz or a Rahman. But if you want the fighter that is coming up in the rankings, you need not look further than Roy Jones Jr. (three points; at 5) who I am saying will offer great competition against John Ruiz.

(horn blares)

Read: Matsuda, you have the last word.

Matsuda: Tyson's advantage at this stage in his career is that nobody expects that much out of him. If he can stay out of the limelight until the Tyson/Lewis bout, expect great things out of Iron Mike. (three points; at 5)

Read: I would love to talk more about this, but that was the horn meaning we must move on. Next topic! Two tragic events took place in West Warwick, Rhode Island and Chicago, Illinois nightclubs. In Chicago on the 17th of February, 21 people were killed when a stampede to escape the club escalated. Only one door of that Chicago club was opened leaving the nightgoers victim to the pepper spray used by security guards. In a completely different incident in West Warwick, Rhode Island it has been confirmed that well over 100 people could be killed due to pyrotechnics used in a building that did not have a sprinkler system. The near 27-year-old building collapsed into charred ruins early on Friday morning. Here is the question; what are some practical solutions that can be done to make these situations a thing of the past? Around the horn we go to Joey Wheeler.

Wheeler: Make the club owners more responsible for all, and I mean ALL the things that happen in their club. What Arthur didn't say was that the club was not licensed to shoot off pyrotechnics (three points; at 7) so if the band playing or like I said the owners would have paid more attention to what goes in and out of their clubs, these disasters would never occur.

Yagami: I just want to mention the Chicago incident. What we had was a security officer that was doing his job by preventing a fight from escalating any further. The man did his job there. (two points; at 11) I am not sure how much pepper spray he used, but if it was enough to make the building congested with the chemical I don't blame people trying to get out as fast as they could to prevent suffocation. But to have only one operating door at a nightclub no less was total irresponsibility on their part.

Matsuda: You both are leaving out the most important detail of the argument. Over 100 people are now killed because of the irresponsibility of club operators. I am sure we all agree on that being a fact. (two points; at 7) But these people did not go out to lose their lives, most of them went out to have good safe fun. Now we have the governor of Rhode Island asking people that knew someone that went to the nightclub that night if they could retrace dental records because their bodies are past the `look in the face' or `special mark' stages of identification. (three points; at 10)

Waterflower (she talks first): When you put…

Yagami (he talks after interrupting her): I also want to mention the West… (gets a MUTE; now at 6)

Read: Go on, Misty.

Waterflower: Blame part of the West Warwick fire on the technology of the past (two points; at 7) along with the lack of knowledge on the part of whoever ordered indoor fireworks for that nightclub.

Wheeler: In the Chicago incident, the club should have been notified of some kind of door problem. If people can't breathe in a building then it would be an obvious action for them to try and leave it. (three points; at 10)

(horn blares)

Read: Tai, you have the last word.

Yagami: Through incidents of tragedy such as these two, we will learn the errors of the past and work towards our eventual bright future. (two points; at 8)

Read: Sounds like something that would be said on my show. I'm not sure. Anyway, that was the horn and those were the opening remarks. We'll see if some things are worth our time next!

After round one, the scores are:

Joey Wheeler: 10 points

Takato Matsuda: 10 points

Misty Waterflower: 7 points

Tai Yagami: 8 points

(commercial break is taken)

(we're back on the air)

Voice Over: Is it worth your time?

Art Read: We'll answer that question the Voice Over blasted into your TV sets right now with the game `Is It Worth Your Time'. Play along at home. First topic! Chucky Atkins along with several Detroit Pistons players are disappointed in the NBA's lack of coverage for their team. As of February 24, they are the number 1 team in the Eastern Conference. Are the complaints by the Pistons worth your time Joey?

Wheeler: I should be tuning in. Last year Rick Carlisle was named coach of the year, the team had to deal with losing their only true star Jerry Stackhouse to the Wizards. (two points; at 12) So this team is not just a passing fancy.

Matsuda: You have to pay attention to this Piston franchise. If you remember back in the golden era of the NBA, there would be teams that were great, but were all but unknown when it came to star power. (three points; at 13) You can bring back the fans of that old school flavor by advertising the Pistons as a 70's team and you would attract fans of that style of basketball. (one point; at 14)

Waterflower: This is nothing but a desperate plea to gain attention because the ego of the professional sports player needs all it can possibly garner. (two points; at 9) For all the success of the Pistons, let it be known that Detroit is not the greatest city to play professional sports. (two points; at 11) But if you have bright young face, there's no telling what will happen.

Yagami: The general public of the Detroit Pistons must realize that the less attention they get over the course of the season, the more clear their heads will be for the playoffs. (three points; at 11) And the way the hunt for the Larry O'Brien trophy is going this year, I wouldn't be surprised if a Dark Horse pulled it off.

Read: You're right about that fact, Tai. All the Pistons have to do is NOT call on the media to quench their thirst for attention. The less coverage they get, the more focused they become. Next topic! This Wednesday two interviews are expected to garner much attention from not only the media, but also TV audiences across America and the world. The first interview, which airs on CBS at 9pm ET, features Dan Rather with Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. The second at 10pm ET features Barbara Walters with Robert Blake from his solitary confinement in prison. The latter of the two got Blake's lawyers in a frenzy in the hopes that Blake would not give away key evidence in the progressing trial. Are any of the two interviews worth your time Takato?

Matsuda: Absolutely. I've been following these two stories for a while now and my personal reason is that I feel that the US is probably going to war in a couple of months. (two points; at 16) When it comes to the Robert Blake case, I'll just say that not all celebrities can get away with a whacking.

Read: I won't comment on that. Misty?

Waterflower: This is just another way to get viewers to watch their networks and it is working. Were talking about a celebrity murderer and his interview. If Blake's lawyers didn't want us to see this telecast then it must be worth something to at least glance at. (three points; at 14)

Yagami: You don't have to have Barbara Walters or Dan Rather to get your message out. The names in the cases of the people that are interviewed are the only reasons that people would turn in at all. (two points; at 13)

Wheeler: You guys have to remember that the only reason these interviews exist is because Robert Blake and Saddam Hussein agreed to them both. It isn't as if Dan and Barbara are all-powerful people. But I'm sure that Barbara can make Read her slave if she tied him up and made him watch tapes of `The View'. (three points; at 15)

Read: All hail Barbara Walters and the ladies from The View! Next topic! The Accenture World Match Play Golf Championships begin on Wednesday. The top 64 golfers in the world face off in a bracket style tournament where anything can happen as was seen in previous years when Tiger Woods lost in the first round to a #62 seed. Are the World Match Play Golf Championships worth your time, Misty?

Waterflower: Give me the NCAA basketball tournament over this. I mean isn't it enough that you have international tournaments such as the Davis Cup and the Ryder Cup? (three points; at 17) It's so obvious where they got the idea from its almost makes me want to tune in.

Yagami: This is the scenario. I just need something to tide me over before the field of 65 is made out in March. #16 seeds can't beat #1 seeds in the basketball tournament like they can in the golf tournament. (two points; at 15) It almost looks like the competition for the golf championship stretches wider because you only have to deal with one man versus one man aside from team vs. team. (two points; at 17)

Wheeler: This is the perfect chance to show off your golfing skills to a world audience. If you make time to stay focused on the matches you have, you can really come up and bite one of the world's best right where it hurts. (two points; at 17)

Matsuda: Right now, this tournament will give the new international players attention from the US viewers that they normally wouldn't get until the Masters. I feel that just putting those key names such as Tiger Woods, Ernie Els and Sergio Garcia into the mix will help. Look out for names like Charles Howell III along with new young blood in the mix as well. (two points; at 19)

Read: I think that Takato made the main point. This tournament will give the new guys in International golf a chance to shine through the American cracks before the Masters. Don't take `cracks' the wrong way. Next topic! At the NFL combine last week, everyone gave rave reviews to quarterback Byron Leftwich but they said that former Miami of Florida quarterback Ken Dorsey was so bad, they went as far as saying he "could not throw". In MLB spring training, George Steinbrenner kept his eye on his star shortstop Derek Jeter for actions that may be detrimental to the team. The Yankees currently pay Jeter through a $160 million contract. Is the preseason hoopla worth your time, Tai?

Yagami: You shouldn't indulge yourself into the preseason antics of players and the head office. When Steinbrenner started to become a face we recognized better than the players themselves (two points; at 19) it becomes a serious problem because the ego of the owner is larger than his wallet. (three points; at 22)

Wheeler: If you look at people like Zachary Thomas of the Miami Dolphins that were terrible, according to the combine, in some of the more indistinct cases the combine may be wrong. (two points; at 19) But lately, Steinbrenner has become nothing but a crap artist who will only have it his way. (two points; at 21)

Matsuda: If you have the money, you have the right to do all of this stuff. Steinbrenner can torment Jeter all he wants and take the role we all expected he would as a tyrant of a boss. (two points; at 21) In the case of the NFL combine, I think they are absolutely right because Dorsey would have been nothing if it hadn't have been for the all-powerful Larry Coker and the Miami football team. (three points; at 24)

Waterflower: The NFL combine is correct for saying that Byron Leftwich is a better quarterback. If Leftwich wasn't injured for that set of games than he would have had the Heisman for himself. (three points; at 20) And speaking for all the players in the MLB that happen to also play for the Yankees, Steinbrenner didn't exclusively pick them to be a part of that team so he has no right to say those false statements about Jeter or any member of that team. (two points; at 22)

(horn blares)

Read: I always thought that there would be a time where an owner would get cocky with the talent he acquires, in my opinion, that time has come for Steinbrenner and because of that the Yankees will suffer. Ok, it's time to eliminate somebody and unfortunately we must say goodbye to Joey Wheeler.

Joey's screen is replaced with Wheeler's body silhouette with a yellow contour outline.

Read: It was a terribly close game, but our other panelists proved to be too much for one of Domino City's best duelists. That was `Is It Worth Your Time' and we will go to `The Puzzle Place' next!

(commercial break is taken)

(we're back on the air)

Voice Over: It's Around The Anime Horn, where after two rounds, here's how they stand:

Takato Matsuda has 24

Misty Waterflower has 22

Tai Yagami has 22

And Joey Wheeler couldn't wait to get ready for Anime North 2003 so he could dress up in his Joey Wheeler costume.

And now… it's The Puzzle Place!

Art Read: The Puzzle Place came from the mind of the producer, Mr. Aeirol Russ Sparks. Our three remaining panelists are going to try to uncover the nine pieces in our `Around The Anime Horn' puzzle. To uncover the pieces, our panelists must answer questions that deal with last week's news. They will have the option of answering the question or giving it to another panelist.

If they get the question right, they will earn two points and uncover whatever piece of the puzzle they want, but if they get the question wrong one point comes off their overall score. If the panelist decides to pass the question over to another panelist and they get it right they will earn four points. If they get the question wrong, two points are removed from their score. By getting the question right and revealing a puzzle piece, the panelist also gets one chance to guess the puzzle's title. Points won't be added or taken away for getting the title wrong. We will continue to go around the horn until the puzzle has been completely exposed or the title has been guessed correctly. Whoever gets the puzzle title correct will win seven points and a bonus point for each of the remaining unexposed puzzle pieces.

A/N: In order to avoid confusion here is how the pieces to the puzzle are laid out.

1 2 3

4 5 6

7 8 9

If the panelists are ready, so are we. We'll begin with the panelist that has the lowest overall score and that is Tai Yagami. Here is your question. During last week, Baltimore Orioles pitcher Steve Bechler died at the age of 24. Bechler had been taking an herbal supplement that has been classified as a performance-enhancing drug by the FDA. I want to know the name of that supplement.

Yagami: Ephedrine.

Read: (two points to Tai; now at 24) We would have also accepted ephedra. Which piece of the puzzle do you want removed?

Yagami: Piece number four.

Read (Removes the corresponding piece. It appears to be the ground paired with two things that are white connected by sticks or cables. The entire area of the picture is black and white): Would you like to take a crack at it?

Yagami: Too early, Read.

Read: Moving along, it is time for Takato's first question. In the world famous Duke University at Durham, North Carolina medical center, a 17-year-old girl died yesterday after doctors determined she had no brain wave activity. The first heart and lung transplant she received worked for type A blood and would not properly combine with her type O blood. Last Thursday, a new set of organs was found when the young lady was placed at the top of the organ receiver's list. Tell me what is the name of the 17-year-old?

Matsuda: It was Jesica something and she was from Latin America. Do I have to have her last name?

Read: You need the first and last name to get points and a puzzle piece.

Matsuda: I have to cut my losses. I have no idea of her last name.

Read: Very well. (one point off Matsuda's score; now at 23) The girl's name was Jesica Santillan. Misty, here is your question. In a Staten Island, New Jersey oil refinery, an explosion occurred on the 21st of February that caused a fire on the Atlantic Ocean Coastline. Which oil company takes responsibility for that incident?

Waterflower: I'll pass that question to Takato.

Read: Very well. Matsuda, I need an answer.

Matsuda: The oil company that took responsibility was ExxonMobil.

Read: That is the correct answer. (four points; now at 27) Which puzzle piece do you want to remove?

Matsuda: Piece number seven.

Read (This piece looks like the ground but there appears to be a wheel on the ground): Care to guess?

Matsuda: I couldn't even begin.

Read: This question is for Tai. Norah Jones along with the production crew for her album took home a total of eight Grammys. That ties the record set by Michael Jackson in 1984. But I want to know where she won four of her eight golden record players.

Yagami: I'll pass that one to Misty.

Read: All right Misty, can you tell me where Norah got four of her eight Grammys?

Waterflower: She got them in album of the year, song of the year, record of the year and best new artist.

Read: That's correct (four points to Misty; she is now at 26) and it earned you a puzzle piece. The question is which one?

Waterflower: Piece eight.

Read (Piece eight reveals what looks like the bottom half of a motor.): Can you guess it now?

Waterflower: I need one more piece.

Read: It's Takato's turn. Takato, on Sunday while the NASCAR Winston Cup Series was revving up for the unofficial beginning of the season, a new look Champ Car Series debuted their spec engine combination to a crowd of 50,000 at St. Petersburg. I want you to give me the full name of the series.

Matsuda: I think it's `Ford and Bridgestone Present The Champ Car World Series'

Read: You were close (one point off Matsuda; now at 26) but the correct name for the promotion is `Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered By Ford'. We'll go back to Misty now. Kobe Bryant has been on fire the last few games scoring 40+ points every game for the last 7 games. While he is doing this, though he is not in the lead in a point per game average. Who holds the lead in that statistic?

Waterflower: Tracy McGrady.

Read: That is the correct answer. (two points; at 28) And if you need one more piece, now is the time to get it.

Waterflower: I want piece five.

Read (The puzzle begins to come clear as the other half of what looks to be a motor and a person in between what appears to be two wings is revealed): What do we have Misty?

Waterflower (confident): The Wright Brother's First Flight.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: That's correct! (seven points for solving the puzzle and another five points for every one of the five puzzle pieces left before solving makes 12 points; Misty Waterflower now has 40) Misty gets twelve points and it sends her way ahead of everyone else with 40. We will have a Pop Quiz next!

After Round three, the scores are:

Takato Matsuda: 26 points

Misty Waterflower: 40 points

Tai Yagami: 24 points

(commercial break is taken)

(we're back on the air)

Voice Over: It's time for a Pop Quiz!

Art Read: This is the most important trivia to our panel for the entire day. We take our trivia from related material on this very show. I will ask the three panelists two questions. If they get one right, it's worth four points, get two right and its worth eight points, but if both are wrong, I will MUTE that panelist, thereby deducting five points from their overall score. With our two bottom runners as close as they are, it is critical to get at least one question correct. We'll begin with Takato Matsuda. What is the record for Ken Dorsey as a starter at the University of Miami of Florida?

Matsuda: Dorsey had a 34-2 record.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Good job with that question. Your second question is, which one of Michael Jackson's albums had the hit song `Don't Stop Till You Get Enough'?

Matsuda: Thriller?

(buzzer sounds)

Read: The correct answer is (four points; at 30) `Off The Wall'. I still think you have a chance. Now it's time for Misty's trivia. Out of the five European Tournaments so far, Ernie Els has won four. What was his finishing position in the fifth?

Waterflower: Third place.

(buzzer sounds)

Read: He finished second. I personally think Ernie is doing a better job this year than Tiger, but you must also remember that Woods is coming off surgery in a very fast pace. Your second question is which two states occupy Staten Island?

Waterflower: New Jersey and New York.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Great job in the game. (four points to Misty; now at 44) Now it's Tai's turn. I want you to give me the names of three people that have defeated Mike Tyson.

Yagami: James `Buster' Douglas, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield.

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Your second question is in what surrounding metropolitan area did the Lanham, Maryland Toys-R-Us roof collapse occur?

Yagami: Washington, DC?

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Awesome job o fearless leader. (eight points; at 32)

(horn blares)

Read: That was the horn and it means we must bid farewell to Takato Matsuda. And he was doing so well too.

Matsuda waves goodbye and is repalced with his black silhouette and a yellow contour outline.

Read: We've narrowed it down to two for our Final Showdown, which is next!

(commercial break is taken)

(we're back on the air)

Voice Over: It's time for the Final Showdown!

Art Read: We have taken away all the points from previous rounds so the only thing standing in between these two and fifteen seconds of face time is one final argument. Mr. Voice Over!

Voice Over: Yes?

Read: What is the day's final argument?

Voice Over: Art, we will have Mr. Yagami and Miss Waterflower argue about the significance of Black History Month. It's the fearless leader versus the feminist that men should fear, and Art?

Read: Yes?

Voice Over: Make it happen. We gotta go.

Read: Ok, here we go. We are nearing the end of February, which is Black History Month. I want to know how in your opinion Black History has become a staple of American History. Thirty seconds each and we will begin with Misty starting right now.

Waterflower: It was a process that didn't happen overnight. African Americans have been treated like trash because their skin was darker than the whites of the south. It took great minds like Benjamin Bannaker and Martin Luther King Jr. to speak out for blacks not just across the US but all persons in the world suffering through injustice. The fight for equality continues even today on Capitol Hill. Great African American minds shall continue to fight for peace. Though the fight to even be recognized appeared to be more than enough for people, the blacks wanted more and because of the bold few they along with all others are free to live their lives however they please.

Yagami: The struggles of few result in the triumphs of many. It is great that we have this month because many of the people of Congress still have views of a time of segregation. The lynching by the KKK left many in fear for their own lives. But nobody has to fear for the regression of the American Spirit. We no longer have to fear of the racism behind our backs and the dirty looks given by former and current supporters of the Confederate South. It is no longer under good speaking terms to use `the n-word' or hang Afro-American figurines in effigy for the dream of being `free at last' is a dream not only shared by African Americans, but all the world. And for that, they should be cemented into America's history.

(horn blares)

Read: I'll repeat the question so everyone can understand. I wanted to know how Black History has become American History. Tai, you had some amazing slogans and you spoke very highly on the movement of the human race itself. You integrated segregation with your speech and you told us about the many struggles of the African American race, but I just don't think it was enough. I personally think you were feeding off the basic material in Misty's speech. I can't believe I'm doing this, but the win goes to Misty Waterflower!

(fanfare sounds)

Read: Misty, you have 15 seconds starting now.

Misty Waterflower: My face time doesn't bode well for the reality TV staff on FOX. The ending and the penultimate twist on Joe Millionaire were too predictable for American TV audiences. I just wished there were more spice added to show like `Temptation Island'. At least have one of the participants be a homosexual…

(horn blares)

Waterflower (continuing as Takato and Joey reappear on the set): and don't bore me with the super couple getting a million-dollar check.

Read: Very outspoken words from a very outspoken young lady. That's it for us folks. Before we leave and introduce next weeks panel, I will show you how our winning panelists are doing in the `Around The Anime Horn' tournament.

As of Day 5 Who Is In:

Gary Oak: 44 points

Misty Waterflower: 44 points

Yugi Mutou: 40 points

Daisuke Motomiya: 35 points

Who Is Out?

Hirokazu Shiota: 22 points

Next week, the bantering talent of Téa Gardner, Kouji Minamoto, Professor Samuel Oak and Ken Ichijouji will entertain you. Until then, for the entire cast, panel and crew, I am Arthur Read inviting you back next week to kick it Around The Anime Horn!

The panel talks into the end of the broadcast.

(we're off the air)

Please Read and Review for Day 6: It's a Somber Day in the Neighborhood.