Digimon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity 103 ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
[We own nothing. No sueing. We have no money. None. Zippo. Zilch. Nada... Well, you get the point. Enjoy!]

It's 9 in the morning, the birds are singing, the sun is shining and everyone is still asleep. After all, this IS the land of the Harem, and no one has to get up early if they don't want to. Unfortunately, Lashana's alarm clock has been tampered with by a certain Mysterious Priest and is presently blaring out the "Time Warp" song. Lashana has given up trying to hit the snooze button -it doesn't work- and has settled for stealing Blackwargreymon's pillow out from under him and covering her head with it. Blackwargreymon, now semi-awake, aware of the accursed alarm clock and really wondering where his pillow has gone, merely reaches over Lashana to slam a fist onto the machine -crushing it-, grab the power cord, and throw the contraption across the room, forever silencing it.

Lashana: *muffled since she's still under the pillow* Is it dead?

Blackwargreymon: *yawns* It had better be *tries to get his pillow back, only to discover that she has a death-grip on it* Give me back my pillow!

Lashana: *peeks out from under it, looks at him, and then smacks him in the face with said pillow*

Blackwargreymon: *sarcasticly* Thanks *shoves the pillow under his head and lies down again*

Lashana: *yawns* Did you happen to see what time it was before you pulverized my clock?

Blackwargreymon: *sheepishly* Um....no....

Lashana: *grumbles and starts to get out of bed*

Blackwargreymon: *thinking he's done something wrong* Where are you going?

Lashana: *grabs her black housecoat and throws it on over her t-shirt and shorts* I'm awake for good.....I need coffee. *hops from foot to foot as she pulls on some socks*

Blackwargreymon: *looks at her a moment, then stretches and reaches for his chest armor and leg guards* (NO he is NOT totally naked ya bloody hentai's!! He's still wearing the armor that covers his *ahem* 'privates' )

Lashana: You can go back to sleep. You don't have to come with me.

Blackwargreymon: Oh yes I do! Everytime I sleep in, either I wake up to find that I'm locked in the room, or that I'm tied to the bed with Rocky Horror Xellos standing over me. It's safer if I just get up.

Lashana: *snickers softly and dodges the pillow he throws at her* Have it your way. I'll see you in the Kitchen...*voice gains a creepy tone* I can hear the coffee calling me....

Blackwargreymon: *rolls his eyes and chuckles* Caffine freak *gets smacked in the face with the pillow*

Lashana: *opens the bedroom door just as Zelgadis walks by. They stare at each other for a moment. A silent war of wills over who gets the prized first cup of coffee.*

Blackwargreymon: *has seen this happen before, and raises a hand to his forehead in an exhasperated smack* Not again...

Zel: *smirks at Lashana and takes off running down the hallway, heading for the stairs*

Lashana: *grins and runs after him* FREEZE ARROW!!!!! *covers the floor in front of a sprinting Zel in a coat of ice, laughing as she watches the chimera slide out of control and crash into the wall. She jumps over the ice and makes a break for the stairs*

Zel: *slightly dazed from being intimate with the wall. He shakes his head and looks up as Lashana runs past him* DARK MIST!!! *smirks as a dense black fog fills the hallway and listens to her wail as she runs straight into another wall*

Lashana: *rubbing her smooshed nose* owie *raises a hand* DIEM WIND!!! *summons a powerful gust of air that clears the fog and yelps when she sees that Zel is already half-way down the stairs. She makes a break for it and slides down the banister at warp speed, passing a surprised Zel with a wink. She lands smoothly and turns to the stairs, and a glaring Zel* FREEZE ARROW!!! *watches as Zel tumbles down the now ice covered stairs, then runs for the kitchen*

Zel: *scrambles to his feet and uses the full extent of his demon speed, catching up to her* SHADOW SNAP!!!

Lashana: *yelps as the shadow lances embed themselves in her own shadow, freezing her in place. She glares at Zel, who grins and heads for the kitchen's doorway* LIGHTING!!!! *holds up her hand as a sphere of bright light appears, stumbling forward as her shadow vanishes in the light, freeing her from Zel's spell. She rushes into the kitchen in time to see him pour himself a cup of coffee* NOOO!!! *tackles Zel. Their fight is lost in a swirl of a dust cloud*

Blackwargreymon: *walks into the kitchen and sighs in exhasperation as he stares at the dust cloud. Knowing better than to involve himself in this, he carefully sidesteps the brawl and heads for the basket of muffins*.......*three muffins later, the dust cloud settles, and he chuckles at his Bonded, who has her foot on an dazed Zel's chest in a victory pose, the prized cup of coffee in her hands*

Lashana: VICTORY!!!! *cackles*

Zel: @_@ *shakes his head and looks up at Lashana, his gaze falling on the cup of coffee. He decides that if HE can't have the first cup of coffee, no one can* LY BRIEM!!!!

Lashana: *yelps in surprise as a wave of freezing air shoots from Zel's outstretched hand, knocking the mug from her fingers and encasing it in thick ice*

Zel: *smirks up at her triumphantly as the ice-wrapped mug hits the floor with a crystaline 'clink' and then slides across the linoleum to come to a stop against Blackwargreymon's foot*

Lashana:*stares at the ice-cubed mug in shock for a moment, then turns her gaze to Zel, an aura of power shimmering around her* THAT WAS MY COFFEE!!!! AARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Zel: *knocks her legs out from under her and lunges for the coffee maker....only a clawed hand closes on the back of his neck and lifts him off his feet*

Blackwargreymon: I really don't think you should make her madder than she already is *holds a struggling Zel at arms length, supressing a snicker as he continues to dangle the chimera two feet off the floor*

Lashana: *is still on the floor, dazed, and rubbing the back of her head* That hurt ;_;

Blackwargreymon: *looks down at her worriedly* Are you alright?

Lashana: *winces* I think so..... *tries to get up but collapses back to the floor* Owwww.....

Blackwargreymon: *casually tosses Zel over his shoulder, leaving the chimera to crash to the ground in a heap, and kneels next to his Bonded as she reaches back to rub at her head* Here...*he reaches out and lifts her to her feet just as Zel leaps over them towards the coffee machine.*

Lashana: *sees Zel and pushes away from Blackwargreymon, tackling the chimera again*

Blackwargreymon: *really wonders why he even tries and gets to his feet, reaching for another muffin as he watches the fight vanish in another famed dust cloud*

Xellos: *drawn by the commotion, he teleports into the kitchen and, upon seeing the dust cloud, grins, and joins in...*

Lashana and Zelgadis: AHHHHHHHHH!!!! *they both leap away from the Mazoku. When the dust clears Xel can be seen trying to put himself in a headlock*

Lashana: O.o Oy, Xellos.....

Blackwargreymon: Let him be. Here. *hands her a cup of coffee and gives Zelgadis a warning glare*

Lashana: *grins smugly at Zelgadis and sips her coffee, leaning against her Favorite as he gives her a chocolate muffin*

Xel: *is now engaged in a fist fight with his cloak*

Zelgadis: o.O *looks at Lashana* And people say we're weird.....

Lashana: *calmly sidesteps out of Xel's way as he rolls across the floor, reaches out to grab a stale muffin and chucks it at Xello's head, stunning him*

Xel: *dazed* ....arigato! ^_^

Zelgadis: *looks at the stale muffin* where do those come from!?!?

Blackwargreymon: *warily* Do we really want to know?

*pause*

Lashana, Zel & Blackwargreymon: Hell no.

Zelgadis: Alright then....*gets himself a cup of coffee and glances down at Xel, who's hitting himself in the head with the stale muffin*....what do we do with him?

Xel: Ow. ^_^ Ow. ^_^ Ow. ^_^ Ow. ^_^ Ow. ^_^ Ow. ^_^

Lashana: *looks and grimaces* Nothing. *shudders* I'm going outside.

Blackwargreymon: *glances at Xel and shudders* Wait for me!

Zelgadis: *glances at Xel, shudders, then sighs and heads for the library* Maybe I can find a spell that'll get me out of this place.... Or at least something that'll kill Xellos....

Lashana: *is outside by the huge inground pool, sitting on a lawnchair and staring out towards the forest*

Blackwargreymon: *sits on the ground next to her. Since he's 8 1/2 feet tall, this puts him at eye-level with her. He reaches out and playfully pokes her in the ribs* Hey, are you awake?

Lashana: *twists away and glares at him. He knows damn well that she hates to be tickled* Yeah, I'm awake. *looks back at the forest* It's strange, ever since I used the Ragna Blade and.....well....

Blackwargreymon: *softly* Almost died?

Lashana: *glances away* Yeah... Ever since, my Elven traits seem to be growing. It's a lot easier for me to call on my elemental shaman magicks now...and I'm getting stronger, both physicly and magickly... *raises a hand and smiles as a butterfly lands on
her finger* And I'm more in tune with nature....

Blackwargreymon: *stares at her, not knowing what to say*

Lashana: *lowers her hand as the butterfly takes flight again and sighs* Sorry. Didn't mean to freak you out like that...

Blackwargreymon: *quickly* You didn't! It's just....what's causing this?

Lashana: *shrugs* I dunno. I- *she never gets to finish her sentence as something slams into the back of her chair, toppling it over and sending her crashing into the pool. She surfaces seconds later, coughing and screaming all at the same time* *cough* WHO THE *cough* FUCK DID THAT!!?!?! *cough cough*

Xellos: *floating above the pool and grinning down at her* Sore wa himitsu desu!

Blackwargreymon: *flies at the Mazoku* TERRA DESTROYER!!!

Xel: *dodges the blast, grabs Blackwargreymon's arm and throws him into the pool* ^_^

Lashana: *nearly drowns under the wave caused by Blackwargreymon's involuntary dive and manages to get a death-grip on the side of the pool*

Blackwargreymon: *bursts to the surface coughing and sputtering, fighting to keep his head above the water as he realizes that armor weighs a hell of a lot more when one is trying not to drown. He reaches over and gets a hold of the edge of the pool, pulling himself to relative safety.*

Lashana: *is now breathing normally again and VERY angry* YOU GODS DAMMED FREAK!!! RAYWING!!!!! *she flies out of the water and decks Xel, punting him into the water*

Blackwargreymon: *has managed to haul himself out of the pool and is debating if a full power 'Terra Destroyer' will have any effect on the Mazoku*

Lashana: *lands next to her Bonded and starts to chant* Holy wind...wind which flows gently across the land! Let all things be filled with your pure breath!

Xellos: *is pulling himself out of the pool when he hears her scream out....*

Lashana: *drops to one knee and slams a hand against the ground* VAN REHL!!!! *she watches as countless strings of ice quickly spread around and into the pool, curling around a surprised Xellos before turning the pool into one big block of ice, trapping him.*

Blackwargreymon: *gapes at the pool-turned-skating-rink for a moment then looks at Lashana* Where did you learn that?!?!

Lashana: *smugly* I've been studying my spellbooks ^_^ You like?

Blackwargreymon: Hell yes!!

Lashana: *smiles at him then looks at her mug of coffee that's frozen to the bottom of the pool, sighing in exhasperation* I really wanted that cup of coffee ;_;

Blackwargreymon: *shakes the water from his hair, drenching Lashana again* ...sorry

Lashana: Uh huh... DIEM CLAW!! *she is envelloped in a vertical wall of wind that quickly dries her off before dissipating. She grins and runs her fingers through her hair, smoothing the wild white locks* There! Much better!

Blackwargreymon:*Sarcasticly. He's still dripping wet. Wet armor chaffes, y'know* Oh yeah, much better. -_- *flicks water off his fingers in her direction. Then he grins and grabs her, hugging her and rubbing his face against her hair in a wet-dog impression*

Lashana: Ack!! *laughs and tries to push him away* Okay! Okay! I'll weave the spell again! Let go!!*she is now soaked again and she glares at him* Ugh.... DIEM CLAW!!! *she feeds more energy into the spell this time so that the wind envellops them both* There. Happy now?! *smooths down her hair again*

Blackwargreymon: *in a deadpan voice* Ecstatic

Lashana: Good. *looks over at the frozen Xellos* He's starting to melt.

Blackwargreymon: Crap. Well, now what?

Lashana: *snaps her fingers and magickly morphs her clothes into sneakers, blue jeans and a navy blue t-shirt. She grins and strikes a pose* To the forest, my faithful side-kick!

Blackwargreymon: *insulted* Side-kick? *then louder* Side-kick!?!?! I've been downgraded from 'Bonded' and 'Favorite' to SIDE-KICK!?!?!?!

Lashana: *wisely decides not to answer as she heads for the forest*

Blackwargreymon: Hey! GET BACK HERE!! *runs after her*

Lashana: *while snickering* Side-kicks shouldn't yell like that! It's bad for their image! *weaves a RAYWING spell and makes a break for the forest*

Blackwargreymon: *roars and flies after her*

Lashana: *makes it to the forest before he does and flies up to hide in a tree, landing on a sturdy branch and watching as he flies past. She chuckles softly and sits down on the branch, leaning back against the tree and staring up at the sky through holes in the canopy. She relaxes as she listens to the birds and the sound of the wind playing with the leaves, so much so that she doesn't even notice the immediate danger until it's too late*

Xel: LASHANA-CHAN!!! *glomp* ^_^

Blackwargreymon: *from deep within the forest* DON'T CALL HER 'CHAN'!!!!!!!!!

Lashana: GET OFFA ME!!!!!!!!! *pries Xel off of her and punts him into a tree* How'd you get free of the ice!?!?

Xel: *shrugs* I got bored

Lashana: WHAT!?!?!

Xel: It wasn't fun anymore ^_^

Lashana: *remembers that he's one of the most powerful Mazoku around and growls* Why don't you go bug Zelgadis?

Xel: Because this is more fun! *glomps her again*

Lashana: Ack! Hands in the wrong places!!! *kicks him and then throws him towards the ground* HENTAI!!!!

Xel: *nods* Yes

Lashana: *is seconds away from blasting him when she realizes that if she does the forest will go up in flames. Instead, she weaves her flight spell again and soars upwards, heading for the clouds*

Blackwargreymon: *just happens to look up and sees her fly into the cloud cover with Xellos right behind her. He growls and flies after them.*

Lashana: *now that the forest is out of danger....* FIREBALL!!!

Xel: *dodges* ^_^

Lashana: *gets REALLY pissed* Source of all souls which dwell in the eternal and the infinite. Everlasting flame of blue! Let the power in my soul be called forth here from the infinite! RA TILT!!! *she threw her hands forward, watching as Xellos was envelloped in a blue-white flame. She sincerely hoped this, the most powerful spirit magick spell, would have some effect on Xel. Granted she wasn't staying around to find out. As the spell continued to distract Xellos, she dove from the clouds, with every intention of heading back to the forest...*

Blackwargreymon: *seconds away from reaching them when Lashana burst out of the clouds, forcing him to twist franticly to avoid a collision. He caught a glimpse of her startled expression as she shot past him, obviously going to fast to even think about stopping, so he dove after her, calling out* What happened?!

Lashana: I hit Xellos with the most powerful shaman spirit magick!! *she slows her descent and looks at Blackwargreymon* I wanted to get away before he got loose.

Xel: *is now plummeting towards the ground* Arigatooooooo!!! ^_^ *he grabs Lashana's arm on the way down and pulls her with him*

Lashana: AHHHHHHH!!!!! LET GO!!!!!!! *they're falling REALLY fast and she tries franticly to get free, only he's not being considerate enough to let her go* BLACKWARGREYMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackwargreymon: *dives after them and grabs her outstretched arm while kicking Xel in the head, startling the Mazoku enough for Lashana to break free.* What is it with you and falling from great heights?!?!!?

Lashana: *gasping for breath from the combined fright and the screaming* It's my new hobby *she lets him pull her into his arms as he heads for the Palace* Please don't land on the roof again.

Blackwargreymon: *glares* After what happened last time? Are you insane?

Lashana: *chuckles weakly* Only enough to be interesting. *pause* I thought side-kicks were supposed to be polite.

Blackwargreymon: *sends her a glare that could melt glass*

Lashana: My mistake. ^_~ *grins at him. When he doesn't stop glaring at her she sighs and gives him a quick kiss on his cheek, startling him* You're still my Bonded, ya great big oaf. I was only teasing.... Um....you're about to crash us into that wall......

Blackwargreymon: *looks ahead and gasps when he realizes the side of the Palace is only a few feet away. Twisting sharply, he manages to sheild Lashana while halting their forward motion, stopping only inches from the wall*

Lashana: *out loud* Note to self: Bonded easily distracted by small shows of affection *that earns her another glare from him and she laughs as she kisses him again, weaving her flight spell as he loses his concentration and falls the three meters to land in a less than graceful heap on the Deck. She giggles and lands next to him* I gotta tell Telca about this!

Blackwargreymon: *groans and starts to bang his forehead against the deck*

Lashana: *places a chair pillow under his head to keep him from hurting himself, grins, and heads into the kitchen for a well-deserved cup of coffee.....* AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! ZELGADIS!!!!!! YOU DRANK ALL THE COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review, Review, Reviw!!! ^_^