Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ "Jungle de Ikkou, Beelzebumon!" ❯ Chapter Two: "Jungle 'Mon Never Sleep! (Though they wish they did!)" ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Jungle de Ikkou, Beelzebumon!" Part Two
by DigistarDBZ
* * * *
(A/N: This one I dedicate to my best buddy Kenji Kotaro, and you can tell since I made a whole ton of Final Fantasy jokes, some straight from his soon-to-be-written Tamers series. I also thank an old episode of "Speed Racer" for giving me the plotline, a few characters and stuff. I didn't own it, but I'm making like the Japanese and going with it! XD The point is, have fun. ~.^)
* * * *

Part Two: "Jungle 'Mon Never Sleep! (Though They Wish They Did!)"

* * * *
When we last left Beelzebumon, a plane crash left him stranged in the African jungles, with no choice but to run from a giant ape gone amuck! Found by tribesman, he reluctantly agreed to help them find and destroy the apes, but were found by a giant tarantula instead! He won the battle, but with the spider fallen dead on top of him, did he survive the fall? And can the Tamers make it to the jungle in time to help?

Well, that's what THIS chapter is for!

A gloved leather hand searched around the ground, protruding from underneath the giant spider's carcass. By this time, the smell was becoming unbearable and he NEEDED a way out from underneath its hulking form.

A few muffled cuss words were muttered from the arm's owner as it patted and raked across the leaf-covered jungle floor. It was searching for something, and we probably know what it was.

The arm finally grasped onto a lone mini-shotgun and a holler of success was sounded from underneath the spider. Aiming the gun at the abdomen of the giant, he pulled the trigger and the spider was sent flying from its death spot before crashing into some trees only a few feet away.

Beelzebumon coughed violently before sitting up, trying hard not to concentrate on the horrid smell that had begun to waift through the humid jungle air. He clamped his hands over his mouth and nose, breathing heavily in a vain attempt to ignore it.

He clicked the shotgun back on the metal holster around his right boot, looking around for his other shotgun, but not before something else caught his intrest.

".....SHIT!!" he spat angrily, not to mention loudly as he looked down at himself.

His jumpsuit was now a slashed mess. Slash marks courtesy of the giant spider's legs tore into his jacket and the front and back of his torso, also leaving large tears and holes in the legs of his jumpsuit. Even a whole chunk of the right arm of his jacket was slashed clean off as well as his bandanna, which he couldn't find anywhere.

But he couldn't concern himself with that right now. He had to get out of there in case more of the spider's "chums" decided to come and join the party.

"Fhn!" He grunted angrily, and his current attitude showed in body language in the form of violently thrusting his arms out of his tattered jacket before pulling the top of his jumpsuit off down his sleeves, then tucking the halves between his belts by wrapping his jacket around his waist. "You think that a guy could at LEAST go through the jungle without getting beaten up by motherflipping-nature!!"

As he was slipping his gloves back on, he noticed something out of the corner of his eyes.

"Well, if I'm going to be here for a while, I might as well make a statement to these guys." he muttered to himself, smashing his boot into the amputated leg as purpleish ooze gushed out of it. Dipping a clawed finger into the ooze, he smeared a finger-sized streak on both cheeks before slinging his gun-blade on his back again, grabbing the second shotgun before turning to leave.

"All right, if you were kidnapped by pilots talking about some country and giant animals, where do you think they'd take you?" he muttered to himself, finding himself now perched on a tree branch and looking out to the volcanic island in the horizon.

As if to answer his question, the sound of two large machines, rumbling not too far from where he was, were obviously moving away from him.

"Only way I'll know is to find out. The only method of transportation I can get my hands on." He smirked before leaping towards a vine and making swings from vine to vine.

He was going to find out what's going on. One way or another.
* * * *
Guilmon sniffed the air around him, letting his hightened sense guide him across the jungle. Ever since they entered, any Digimon that evolved to their Adult forms had to evolve back to their original forms due to exhaustion.

"You sure he could be in here? It's so dense!" Takato commented, looking around at the noon atmosphere of the jungle.

"He's been here." Guilmon said plainly, still following his nose down a trail that only he could find. "Keep following."

"I still feel that something's not right here," Renamon commented as well, still feeling that tingle down her spine get stronger. "Something terrible is going to happen."

"In there!!" Guilmon warbled, pointing into some bushes.

"Ok, let's see-- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Takato screamed in terror as the eight clouded eyes of a gigantic tarantula suddenly stared him straight into his two.

The others jumped back in surprise before the initial shock of the sight dulled down.

"W...what IS that thing?!" Ruki exclaimed, stepping back towards the spider. "I thought none of these get any bigger than a foot at MOST!!"

"I don't know... but--" Takato was suddenly interrupted when Guilmon made an exclimation.

"Beelzebumon was here!!"

"What?!" the three Tamers exclaimed. Culumon popped down from Guilmon's back and looked around before digging somewhere and pulling something out of a small pile.

"Culu!! Look what I found, culu!" He held up a large, tattered red bandanna for the Tamers and Digimon to see. "It's his, isn't it, culu?"

"...It IS his!" Guilmon stated as he sniffed the bandanna. "And he was just here a little bit ago!"

"Then.. what's with the spider?" Terriermon asked.

"It's dead, if you haven't noticed," Renamon replied, pointing to the bullet holes, amputated legs and the huge gash in the side. "Only Beelzebumon would do a job like this on any enemies."

"But where is he now?"

"You! Who are you?!"

The Tamers and Digimon suddenly found themselves surrounded by tribal warriors.
* * * *
"What? You mean you know the warrior?"

"Beelzebumon? In more ways than one!" Takato replied to the tribal chief as the Tamers were walking through the village. "And you're the one who sent him to fight that thing?"

"I never anticipated that we would run into a tarantula, but he volunteered to go after we requested it of him. I must apologize for any trouble that this has caused, young travelers."

"Moumantai," Terriermon reassured the chief. "Guilmon's going to help us find him."

But unknown to the Tamers, Culumon's ears perked up. "..Culu...?" He followed the sound of something through the trees as he sprout his giant ears and glided up a tree to a nest full of delicious-looking eggs.

"Culu~n!! I'm so hungry!!" He sat at the nest with a beaming smile, preparing to take one of the eggs from the nest.

And with the Tamers still talking to the chief, Culumon was whisked away from the nest by the angry mother bird.
* * * *
The tanks finally stopped at lakeside as if to wait for something. Beelzebumon finally landed on a tree branch, never taking his eyes off them.

"Wait a second...." he said to himself, taking a quick glance at what the tanks were probably trying to get to. "...Isn't that island the one that the 'doc was talking about...? But there's no way the can cross that thing unless they're those underwater tanks..."

As if to answer yet another question, a strip of lake from where the tanks were to the shore of the volcanic island began to bubble and ripple. Beelzebumon looked on at the sight at first with surprise, then shock as something emerged from the depths.

"T...that's a bridge!!" He exclaimed, then realizing that he was a bit louder than he should've been in a situation like this. "Dammit.. 'hope they didn't hear me..."

As the giant bridge emerged from the lake and the last of the water drained off the sides, the tanks' engines roared to life once more and lumbered across the bridge.

Beelzebumon couldn't waste any more time. As soon as he was sure to himself that the tanks wouldn't see him, he lept from his perch and ran towards the bridge.

But all the running he could possibly do across the bridge couldn't stop it from submerging again.

He muttered words I can't write here loudly as he submerged with the bridge.
* * * *
"I assume you had a good night's sleep, Professor?"

Professor Carnivorié groggily opened his eyes, noticing now that he was bound by his wrists to a chair, sitting by a conference table that was surrounded by security camera monitors and many other futuristic devices.

Who he was met with was a charismatic-looking middle-aged man with black hair and a mustache, dressed in military attire looking straight at him.

"..Smasher..!! What.. what are you doing here?! What's the meaning of this?!" he spat angrily, trying in vain to break the ropes around his wrists.

"Professor," General Smasher replied cooly, giving a wheedling gesture to the professor. "You know as well as the rest of us that you and I are the most famous BangdéBongo exiles."

"That has nothing to do with me! Let me go now!!"

"This has EVERYTHING to do with you, Carnivorié," General Smasher told him, placing his white gloved hand on the conference table. "You see, we must return to Giltar and return it to its former glory! The war changed it so much that our ideals weren't acceptable anymore."

"You forget that BangéBongo started that war, Smasher," Professor Carnivorié stated, glaring at the general. "I would prefer it if it were to remain Giltar!"

"Giltar is nothing, Carnivorié! That is why together we shall create the supreme race of giant soldiers to reclaim the country and reclaim it in the name of the exiles!"

"So it was you?! You're the one who is performing such cruelty to the animals?!"

"They are just test subjects," General Smasher rebuffed. "Cruelty is what 'Giltar' did to us by kicking us out of our own country!"

He then paused for a moment before continuing, "Have you ever considered the phrase, 'Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold", professor?"

"I shall NEVER cooperate with the likes of you, Smasher! And you can do nothing to make me!"

"O-ho! Is that so?"

The two were suddenly interrupted by a blaring alarm, a red light on top of one of the security monitors flashing brilliantly.

"Intruder!" General Smasher exclaimed, turning the monitor on and getting a slightly water-blurred image of someone well-built with a sword-like weapon slung over his back, swimming towards the island's shore. However, he could tell by the tail and the unusual masked visage that the intruder had told him it was something else.

"Ah, it must be one of those 'Digi-mon' creatures I've been hearing about," he said aloud, still looking at the screen with intrest.

"Beelzebumon!!" Professor Carnivorié exclaimed, recognizing the passenger from his doomed flight. "Thank God he's alive!!"

"But not for long," General Smasher reassured the professor coldy. "You see, our security is so advanced here that not even an ant can get in undetected. And your Digimon 'friend' is no exception."

"No! Leave him alone! He has nothing to do with this!!"

"Oh, does he? We'll see about *that*." He told the professor before pulling an intercom down from the wall. "Let loose the gorillas!!"

"NO!! Smasher, stop this at once!!"
* * * *
"Culu!!!! Let me go, culu!!" Culumon squealed in terror as the bird was flying towards the island. He panicked, fearing for what it would do to him if he didn't give the egg back.

"Culu!! Here's your egg! Lemmie down, culu!!" He cried, holding up the egg clutched in his hands.

"WAIT! CULUMON!!"

But with the sudden arrival of the Tamers coming towards him didn't give him enough time to reconsider his desicion. Once the mother bird got her egg back, she dropped Culumon to the island below.

Takato and Guilmon could only watch in horror from the shore as Culumon fell to the island below.

"CULUMON!!!! We have to find him!! He's on that island!!"

"We have to get to the island, but there's no way across!" Lee exclaimed.

"Perhaps there is a way." Ruki said with a smirk, drawing a random card from the game card pouch on her belt. Holding her D-Arc firmly, intense concentration produced a Blue Card from the normal game card as she slashed it through the D-Arc's slot. "CARD SLASH!! Matrix Evolution!!"

Renamon became engulfed in a blue light as her form began to morph...

Or rather, evolve.

"Renamon, evolve!!"

Shifting from her Child from to her Adult form Kyuubimon, she, too became englufed in a bright red light, soon evolving into her Perfect form: humanoid fox in a Tao priestess' robes, hat and sandals.

"....Taomon!!!"

Initiating a shielding spell that enveloped the Perfect, Child Digimon and three Tamers in a transparent sheild, their ground a giant yin-yang symbol.

Taking to the water immediately by Taomon's spell, the children looked out into the lake's depths in awe.

"Wait a second..." Terriermon said in confusion, pointing to something that emerged out of the murky water. "I've never seen a bridge underwater before!!"

"Where does it lead to?" Lee asked aloud to no one in particular.

"There's only one way to find out." Taomon stated bluntly as she motioned the shield to move onto the bridge as the Tamers and Digimon were whisked across the bridge.
* * * *
Breathing heavily as he grabbed for the island's shore, Beelzebumon hurled himself up out of the water and took yet another moment to catch his breath.

Water in the real world was NOT like water in the Digital World. You most certainly couldn't breathe in it.

The small jungle on the island wasn't any different than it was on the mainland, but it most certainly didn't have so many trees and painful branches. That, he thought, was a plus.

However, the so-called "welcoming comittee" wasn't.

"Aw, shit..." He groaned in anger as he was suddenly surrounded by 6 angry giant apes. "Just what I don't need... King Kong's family reunion..."
* * * *
Out of the frying pan, and into the fire, as they say! If he had trouble dealing with one giant spider, how's he going to handle not one, not two, not even three, but SIX angry giant gorillas? And what is General Smasher trying to accomplish with an uncoopertive Professor Carnivorié? Find out in the next episode, "Giants and Islands and Generals, Oh, My!"