Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ "Party at Apartment 202!" ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I had to split this fic up into five parts it's that huge! Also, there are some uncharacteristic swearing going on, so beware, those with clean mouths!

"Party At Apartment 202!"

An hour later...

Everyone's drunk. Still half a crate to go. All Yolei's snacks have gone and everyone is snoozing in Davis' apartment. Davis suddenly wakes up.

DAVIS: (Sees Cody watching TV and still drinking his soda, his beers untouched) Hey Cody! Don't tell me that they're the same beers you nabbed an hour ago!

CODY: I'm sorry, but they are.

DAVIS: I'll give you a hint on what to do with them, Cody...DRINK THEM!

CODY: But I don't want to. Alcohol kills your brain cells, you know.

DAVIS: Bullshit! They never did anything to me! (Cody examines a beer and looks at Davis doubtfully) Come on! Just give it a try! You never know, you might like it!

CODY: (Uncertainly) Oh, okay, but just a little sip... (Sips his beer and pulls a face) Ugh! That's disgusting! How can you drink this stuff?!

DAVIS: (Sits back and cackles) It's beer, Cody!

TAI: (Mumbles in his sleep) Would you keep it down? Some of us are trying to sleep here...

DAVIS: (Turns to Kari and sees her sleeping) Awwww... Isn't she cute! (^_^)

T.K.: (Sleepily) Shut up, Davis!

DAVIS: No, you shut up, T.L.! Why do I have to shut up?

T.K.: Because you'll wake her up!

DAVIS: This is my party! I can do whatever I want!

T.K.: No you can't!

DAVIS: (Leans over a sleeping Izzy) The hell I can!!! (Spills Izzy's beer all over his lap)

IZZY: (Springs back to life o_O!) GODDAMMIT DAVIS!!! (Davis laughs uncontrollably and wakes up Yolei and Jun)

YOLEI: (Sees what happened to Izzy's trousers ^_^;) Oh my! Izzy!

IZZY: (^_^;) Yolei, it's not what you think! (Turns angrily towards Davis) Look at what you did to my pants! (Grabs a newspaper under the coffee table to hide the wet patch)

DAVIS: (Between gasps of laughter) Izzy! I'm sorry! Where are you going???!!!

IZZY: Home! To change these pants!

YOLEI: You're coming back though, aren't you Izzy?

IZZY: Of course, I'll be right back! (Dashes out of the apartment).

JUN: (Hauls herself off the floor and pops up behind the sofa) That reminds me, I need to call Matt!

YOLEI: (Opens another beer) Yes, you do that, Jun.

JUN: (Dials the wrong number three times. She turns to sleeping Tai) Tai? (He doesn't respond) Taichi Kamiya! What's Matt's telephone number?

TAI: (In his sleep) You still don't know it yet?

JUN: No, I'm too drunk. What is it?

TAI: (Still in his sleep) 555-1625.

JUN: (Dials number correctly and grabs a beer during the ring tone. Matt picks up.) Hello? Mr Ishida? Is Matt home?

MATT: (Groans -_-;) Jun! Hi! What's up...?

JUN: Can I speak to Matt, please?

MATT: (¬_¬?) Uh, you are speaking to Matt, Jun...

JUN: Could you come over to my apartment? We're having a party!!! (^_^)

MATT: (Listens to the soap opera noises coming from the TV ¬_¬?) It doesn't sound like it.

YOLEI: (In the background) Oh, but we are!

MATT: (^_^;) Am I on speakerphone?

JUN: So you'll come over?

MATT: (^_^;) Actually, I can't...

JUN: (Tries to open her beer with a drunken hand, but drops it. The beer can spins crazily around the floor, squirting beer everywhere) Ah, crap!

MATT: (^_^;) Jun?

JUN: Great! What a waste! Now I can't have that bastard! (Kicks the spinning, squirting beer can towards the door)

MATT: Jun, are you drunk?

JUN: (Hangs up on him and grabs another beer. She opens it successfully and stares moodily at the TV screen as she drinks it) What's going on?

YOLEI: So is he coming over then?

JUN: (Smacks her forehead) Oh no! I forgot to ask! (Finishes her beer and grabs another) Ah, fuck it!

Kari wakes up and looks at everyone. She smiles and looks at T.K., who smiles back ^_^.

KARI: (Feigns a headache) Man, I have a bad headache!

T.K.: (^_^) Come to think of it...So do I!

KARI: Davis? (Sees he's asleep. Turns to Jun.) Jun? Where's your bathroom?

JUN: Down there, door to your left.

KARI and T.K.: (^_^) Thanks! (Both dash off to the bathroom just as Izzy re-enters the apartment with dry pants)

YOLEI: (^_^) Izzy! You're back!

IZZY: Yep, I sure am.

TAI: (Suddenly wakes up) Wha...? You left? I didn't notice.

IZZY: (Glances at Davis on the sofa) Where's T.K. and Kari?

TAI: Sheesh, I don't know! (Reaches for another beer)

JUN: They're in the bathroom.

TAI and IZZY: (0_0;;) WHAT???

YOLEI: (Drinking her beer) Those two were meant for each other...

TAI: Humph. You know, at that age, we didn't even think like that, did we Izzy?

IZZY: (Grins knowingly at his friend ^_^) No, we didn't, Tai.

TAI: But we didn't, did we? I mean... (Gestures at sleeping Davis as he sips his beer) ...That guy over there's lovesick over my sister! The youth of today simply don't know any better, do they?

IZZY: (^_^) You know Tai, you're beginning to sound like Sora...

TAI: (Almost spits out a mouthful of beer) Me beginning to sound like Sora???!!! (^_^;) That's crazy!!!

JUN: You like her, don't you, Tai?

TAI: (^_^;;) Of course I do!

YOLEI: (^_^) Oh yeah?

TAI: (Flushes and speaks mega fast, so mega fast that he ends up doing this... ^_^;;;) WhatImeantosayisthatIthinkthatshesareallyniceperson!!! (Sips his beer whilst everyone's staring at him expectantly. ^_^;;;;) WWWWHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTT??????

YOLEI: (^_^ Begins to sing) Taichi and Sora sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

TAI: (^_^;;;;;) Shut up!

YOLEI: First comes love, then comes marriage...

TAI: Jun! Izzy!

YOLEI: ...Then Tai comes with a baby carriage!

TAI: Yolei, shut up the fu- just shut up Yolei!!! Cody, tell her! She's your friend! I'm your friend!

CODY: (Looks up drunkenly from his pile of beer cans ^_^) Huh? What's going on?

ALL: (O_O;) Cody! You're DRUNK!

CODY: Well, duh! (Checks the time on his watch) Hmmm...it's ten o' clock... (Gets up unsteadily ^_^) Got to go!

YOLEI: Wait! You can't go home on your own! I'll come with you!

JUN: Yolei, you're leaving already? But look at all this beer!

YOLEI: (Taking an unsteady Cody by the arm) No sweat, I'll be back here in a flash! I've just got to get this guy home in time for his curfew!

TAI: (Surprised) Curfew?! How old is this guy?!

YOLEI: He's eleven. Now excuse me! (Leaves the apartment with Cody)

TAI: (o_O;) Eleven???!!!

CODY: (Down the corridor) I love you, Yolei!

YOLEI: Be quiet, Cody! You don't know what you're saying!

TAI: (O_O;) Fuck! He shouldn't be drinking beer!

DAVIS: (In his sleep) I told you he'd like it...It's beer...

TAI: Davis, you asshole!

JUN: I think we need some music. (Slips a CD into the Hi-Fi and hits play)

TAI: It better not be Britney, Jun.

JUN: (Scornfully) Ya right!

TRACK: silverchair/Freak

Knock at the door. Izzy answers it and admits entry to Joe, who is carrying a crate of beer.

IZZY: Well, well, well! Another crate of beer from the doctor!

JOE: (^_^) Hey guys. (His foot touches th beer can that Jun kicked over to the door earlier) Oops, almost stood on that.

TAI: Joe, you dog, you! (Helps Joe transfer the crate to the kitchen area)

JOE: Did you guys get my beer?

TAI: Damn right we did! Joe, you're magnificent! Where did you get so much beer??? And legally???

JOE: (^_^) That doesn't really matter, does it? As long as it's here.

IZZY: (Peers out of the apartment door) I thought those two guys said that we had six crates of beer. What happened to the sixth crate?

JOE: Oh, I left that at the bottom of the... (They hear someone tripping over.)

MATT: SHIT!!!

JOE: (^_^;) ...Stairs.

TAI: (Shouts) Matt! We're up here!

MATT: Yeah! And I'm down here... with a crate of beer! Which jerk owns this? They left it on the freaking stairs!

JOE: (Shouts back) I do! Sorry about that! I couldn't bring it up the last flight of stairs so I just left it there! Would you do me a favour and bring it up, please?

TAI: I'm surprised nobody stole it.

IZZY: Tai, it's a crate of forty-eight beers! Who could steal that without anybody noticing?

JOE: Yet the true question is, who could purchase so much beer without his parents noticing?

TAI: (^_^;) Yeah Joe, how did you manage that?

IZZY: Did you pay in cash?

JOE: (Shrugs and smiles) I have some 'reliable' friends...

DAVIS: (Finally wakes up) You got that right! Thanks a million, Joe!

JOE: (^_^) No problem. Nice apartment, by the way. (Surveys the spilt beer wetting his shoes)

DAVIS: (^_^) Thanks!

MATT: (Appears at the apartment door with the crate of beer) A little help here?

JUN: (@^_^@) Matt!!!

MATT: (^_^;) Oh, hey Jun...

DAVIS: (Notices that Kari isn't in the lounge) Hey, have you guys seen Kari anywhere? (Stands on the sofa and adopts a sailor-with-a-telescope pose) Kari?! Where are you?! Kari?!

IZZY: (Murmurs to Tai) Hey Tai, should we tell him that she's making out with T.K. in the bathroom?

TAI: (Murmurs back) I don't think that's wise...

DAVIS: (Sinks down onto his knees T_T) She left me! And she didn't even say goodbye!

JOE: There, there, Davis. I know how you feel...

Matt dumps his crate of beer on the kitchen counter and jumps back when he sees that Jun has followed him.

JUN: (^_^) Hiiiiiiiiii!

MATT: (^_^;;;) Heeeyyyy Jun...!

JUN: (Pouts) What took you so long to get here? I've been waiting a long time!

MATT: (^_^;;;) Uh, I forgot where your apartment was... (^_^;;;)

JUN: Well, you remembered and you're here now! (Grabs Matt by the arm and yanks him towards the sofa, sitting him down beside her and showing him two beers) Do you want a drink? Which one do you want?

MATT: (^_^;;; He looks at Tai and Izzy for help).

TAI /IZZY: (^_^;;;) ...

MATT: (^_^;;;) Uh, do you have a soda?

JUN: What? You don't want a beer?

DAVIS: (Hands Matt a soda) Jun, Matt can have whatever he wants!

MATT: You shouldn't drink when you haven't eaten anything!

JUN: You haven't eaten anything???

DAVIS: Jun! Leave the guy alone!

JOE: (^_^) Hey everyone! (Produces two bottles of vodka from behind his back) Who's up to the challenge?

ALL: (O_O;) JOE!

JOE: (^_^) Well?

IZZY: (^_^;) No, thank you...

JOE: (^_^) No, Izzy? How about you, Tai? Do you want to see if you can beat me?

TAI: (O_O;) You're in a league of your own, man!

JOE: (^_^) Matt, what do you say?

MATT: (Considering the proposition intensely for a moment, then gets up and goes to the kitchen). I need something to eat. Do you have anything to eat here, Davis?

DAVIS: Sure. Check the refrigerator.

MATT: Thanks.

JOE: (^_^ Bangs the two vodka bottles on the coffee table and takes out two shot glasses from his shirt pockets) Alright!

ALL: (O_O;)

Yolei returns from taking a drunken Cody home and gives a start to the presence of Joe, two vodkas and two extra crates of beer.

YOLEI: (o_O) Woah! What did I miss? (Sees Matt raiding Davis' refrigerator.) Oh, hey Matt. (He raises a hand in greeting.)

AUTHOR'S FINAL NOTE: I am in no way promoting alcohol as a hobby to young children! Remember, this can't actually happen - not even in Japan where they sup their sake like crazy!