Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Digimon Fairytale ❯ Don't do stories. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
It had been three years since Maylomyotismon was defeated, and it was all thanks to the Digi-Destined of the world, particularly Davis Motomiya, the brave young goggle-head who wasn't affected by the brain-waves, and helped everyone to believe in their own dreams…
 
Actually, Davis did have one secret dream, but continued to convince himself that it would never come true no matter what he did and he disbelieved it whenever he dreamt it. It was no wonder he wasn't affected.
 
Still, three years passed and both the Digital-World and the real world were at peace, and had ever since remained so… until now!
 
 
Tai and the other original Digi-Destined were off at college and studying up for their careers. While Except for Cody who was still in middle-school, the others were all in high-school now, but they still saw each other from time to time… especially on weekends when they'd go to the Digital-World for some fun.
 
TK and Kari were in front of the library when Yolei and Ken, who had been dating for a year, came along. “What's going on here?” Yolei asked motioning at the large crowd.
 
“It's sign-up day for the new book-club.” Kari answered.
 
She had been persuading the school-council for a while to start a book-club for students who were struggling with homework, or not feeling confident enough to pass exams, even for those who enjoyed reading, and writing stories.
 
“Hey, why don't you guys sign up?” suggested TK.
 
Ken and Yolei did sign-up, for Yolei was having a little trouble with her calculus-exams, and Ken… well, for a while now he had been struggling to try and recapture his high IQ from when he was a boy genius, so he could prove to the others and himself that he didn't have to be evil in order to be smart.
 
He had been studying and cramming a lot, but it only seemed to stress him out even more rather than make him smarter. “Ken you don't have to prove anything.” Yolei told him, “We don't care how you pass your exams… just take it easy on yourself.”
 
Ken smiled, “Thanks, but I'd still like to try this anyways.”
 
TK wanted to sign up so he could read more books and gain inspiration to write his own stories one day. After all… he wanted to be a novelist.
 
After the sign-up, they all headed to their own respective classes, and surprise, surprise, Davis was in the same English/Literature class as Kari and TK, and he gave his usual scowling look as he turned away from them sitting side-by-side.
 
Kari decided to egg Davis on a little with her “Let's make Davis Jealous” pranks again. “Gee TK… you want some help studying at the book-club after school.” she said to TK, and he replied with. “Gee Kari… I'd love to. We can even treat it like a study date.”
 
The two shared a laugh, and a few of the classmates laughed to, but suddenly a paper ball smacked TK right in the face. “Hey!”
 
Davis tossed a second ball in his hand, “Guess where the next one's going if you two don't knock it off?”
 
“Davis!” snapped Kari. “That was mean…!”
 
“You should talk, Kari…” Davis said to her. “When are you two going to quit stabbing me in the back like this?”
 
“That's enough Davis!” Kari growled at him again. “TK and I are just having fun, there's no need to act like a self-appointed jerk over it.”
 
Davis just turned back around, not caring at all about what she said. “Man… how could I ever fall for girl like her?” he asked himself for what had to be the millionth time. “All she does these days is try and make me jealous.”
 
Davis had been trying for a long time put his feelings for Kari aside as he believed she would never want to be his girlfriend… but this was proving to be most difficult as he had a lot of classes with Kari, and when he had to go to group meetings she was always there.
 
It was as if his heart was trying to tell him, “Don't let her go!” Sometimes Davis was able to see Kari everywhere, even when he had his eyes shut he could still see her. Worse than that, thinking about her, and what he was going to do about it was making it hard for him to concentrate on his school-work… In fact, He got another C-minus on his story-report, where he was supposed to make-up his own story. It was also due to the fact that he wasn't a very good reader. He could read words fine, but he couldn't understand them as easily and how they made sense in stories.
 
If his marks didn't perk up soon, he wouldn't pass English/Literature.
 
 
After school, Kari and TK were off to the book-club with Ken and Yolei. “EEE… This is going to be so exciting” Yolei shrieked for joy.
 
“Easy, Yolei.” said Kari.
 
They passed by Davis on their way to the library and asked if they'd see him there only to realize. “You didn't sign-up?” asked TK.
 
“No way…!” Davis said. “You know me and books. We're like cereal and water, we don't mix. Besides, if I'm going to fail English, I figure I may as well have fun doing it.”
 
The others couldn't believe what he was saying. “Davis… you realize that without a passing grade in English, you're career options will be limited and seriously impaired.” said Ken.
 
Davis didn't seem to care much about that. After all, what did all that have to do with opening a noodle-cart anyways? “Look… I just can't get into stories, and I don't do books, okay… it's not just Me.” and he walked off.
 
The others stood there for a moment until he was out of sight, and then they carried on to the library. As they walked, Kari began to think that maybe there was more to Davis not wanting to go to the book-club either… and she suddenly began to realize. “Oh no…I think I made him mad.”
 
While the others were at the book-club and participating in the many activities there were two sinister looking boys behind the counter nodded at each other and then headed for one of the locked rooms. Once inside, they changed into the forms of two Bakemon.
 
“You saw it just as I did.” said one, “The children of Hope and Light have entered.”
 
The other one nodded, “Phase one of our plan is complete. If our entire operation succeeds, we will be rid of them both for good, and with no Hope and Light left to guard the Digital-World… our forces may once again conquer all.”
 
The two Bakemon laughed sinisterly, and then shape-shifted back into the two volunteers they were imposing, and went back to work.