Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Digimon Fairytale ❯ End of the story. ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
In the Digital world, the army of Bakemon was gaining up on all the Digi-Destined. Their Digimon had finally run out of power and could fight no longer. Agumon continued to try his “PEPPER-BREATH!” but the Bakemon were just too strong.
 
“Insolent pests.” the leader hissed. “For years we have suffered at the hands of you rotten kids and your Digimon, and now the tables have turned.”
 
Tai did his best to hide his fear, but he really didn't know what he or anyone else could do now. “I think this is it you guys.”
 
“Yeah… nice knowing ya.” added Matt.
 
Everyone braced for their gruesome end, when suddenly, “Hold it right there!” called a voice. Everyone turned and saw Davis, Kari and TK… Ken and Yolei were there too and so was Cody.
 
All of the DNA Digimon, Imperialdramon-Fighter mode, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon. Were armed and ready to charge.
 
“Hey, most excellent timing, guys…” called Tai.
 
The Bakemon leader however couldn't believe his eyes. “How did you all escape from the book?” he wondered. “No matter… you're too late anyways. Nothing can stop us now.”
 
“That's what you think, bucko.” Growled Imperialdramon. “Ready guys…?”
 
“Yeah…!” cried Silphymon.
 
“Let's do this…” added Shakkoumon.
 
The battle was on…
 
If We Take Our Time,
And We Stick Together,
Everything We Do Will Go Our Way.
And If We Try,
Now and Forever,
No Matter Comes Next,
We'll Be Okay.

Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And Y
ou!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
 
“POSITRON LASER…!”
 
“STATIC-FORCE…!”
 
“SHAKKOU-BEAM…!”
 
The Bakemon were already losing so many of their followers and minions at the mercy of those three Digimon, and while they were battling and distracting the Bakemon. “Kari… TK… now's your chance.” called Davis.
 
Kari and TK nodded at each other, and ran up to the top of the tallest hill. They held their arms up high, and looked deep inside themselves to reactivate the power of their crests.
 
And We Realize,
What's On the Surface,
Ain't Picture Perfect,
But That Don't Mean A Thing.
One Thing I Know,
Is There's A Purpose,
And Like The Circus,
We're Hanging From The Rings.

Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
Together.
 
 
Kari and TK began to glow, and beams of light shot straight up into the sky penetrating the dark clouds. “Hey… it's working!” cried Ken. “The Bakemon are starting to retreat.”
 
The Bakemon, being ghost Digimon of darkness, couldn't stand bright shiny places, so all of them retreated from whence they came but the two leading Bakemon stayed behind.
 
One, Two, Three!

If We Take Our Time,
And We Stick Together,
Everything We Do Will Go Our Way.
I Have No Doubt,
This Situation,

Then We'll Enjoy Another Day.
 
Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
Together.
 
 
“Give it up, you two!” growled Davis.
 
“Never!” shouted one of the Bakemon.
 
“If we are to fail, at least we shall get rid of you…!” growled the other, and the two of them began to charge straight at Davis. None of the Digimon moved in to help him, and Davis just stood where he was.
 
“Davis… get out of there!” shouted Tai. “What do you think you're doing?” but Davis still didn't move.
 
Davis waited until the last moment, and just as the Bakemon were ready to hit him hard. “It's story time!” Davis shouted as he whipped out from behind his back, the book, and he opened it wide.
 
The two Bakemon gasped, and screamed as they were sucked in…
 


Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
 
Davis then slammed the book shut, and the Bakemon were gone.
 
Together.
 
The next day
 
The Digital-World was completely restored to normal, and the crests of Hope and Light were back in business keeping the place safe. As for the book, everyone decided to give it to Gennai so he could make sure that it would never cause any problems again.
 
“You guys actually went inside that thing?” Cody asked. “What was it like in there…?”
 
“Meh, the usual stuff…” Davis said sounding cocky, “Wolves and Cougars, fire breathing Dragons… a crazed dude with a mustache… but hey, I took care of them.”
 
Kari and TK were very thankful towards Davis, but Davis was also thankful towards them too. “You guys helped figure out what was wrong with me... now I know what to do when I can't think straight.”
 
“That's great, Davis…” said TK.
 
“So…?” Kari asked.
 
“So what…?”
 
“So… will you sign up for the book-club?”
 
Davis thought it over, and decided. “Okay…” he said as he got on one knee, bowed to Kari and kissed her hand, “Anything for you… Princess fare.”
 
Kari giggled, and the others shared a soft laugh, even TK. “Some things just never change.” he said.
 
Author's notes:
 
I was challenged to make a fic like this, and I did it.
 
Now, I ask that none of you get any ideas of challenging me with other fics, because I do have other fics I want to write, but won't be able to if I get loaded down so much, because with the Dakari King… (Fictionally of course)… “Honor comes before any joy.”