Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Emperor ❯ The Heist ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Eleven: The Heist

A/N: Yes, I'm well aware I stole this heist method from...somewhere. If you watch movies you'll probably be able to tell pretty easily. But it's a hell of a heist, I like it, and I'm not a criminal mastermind who can attempt to rob a casino vault several times until I find an original method that works, so bleh. I hope you'll forgive me. And if you haven't seen...the movie, all the better.

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------

"Run the check again." Izzy said, reaching with his thumb and forefinger into a red package of skittles, grabbing a green one and throwing it into his mouth.

"I just ran it. What do you think is gonna happen? It's already been there for over twenty-four hours, I think it's safe to say we're good." Tai insisted, folding his arms over his chest.

"Just do it." Izzy mumbled, eyes darting between several different computer screens laid out in front of him. "It'll make me feel better. That's what's gonna happen."

"Alright." Tai slapped down on the keyboard, hitting a few choice keys. "The CCTV hack and radio wave hack are still implemented and undetected." He said. "We have full access into both systems."

Davis held a bulky black radio up to his mouth, sitting back on the bed in his room. "Number Four, good news. A full day after the insertion, both hacks are running without a hitch. Your role in this job is over. If we all live through this, expect a nice payday."

"Thank you." Came the crackly reply.

"Does anyone else find it extremely condesending that we're calling the digimon by numbers?" Kari said, seated on the floor by the bed. "I mean, just call him Agumon. The numbers thing makes it seem so impersonal."

"Quiet." Ken said in a low whisper, kneeling on the foot of the bed. "It's almost time." He looked around at everyone strewn about the room, now turning to look at him. "I'll need full concentration for this, so nobody attempt to talk to me or disrupt me until this is over. The Emperor is very much in tune with everything that goes on around him. I'll need every last bit of my strength to conceal our deception. I hope you all have memorized the plan, because you won't be able to talk to me again until we're out."

Everyone slowly nodded. Ken raised the rod up in front of him, pointing up at the ceiling, and then closed his eyes. For a moment, everyone looked at him. Then, the orb of the rod began to glow, and everyone turned back to the matter at hand.

"Number eight, we have a go." Davis spoke into the radio. As he said this, a Gatzumon, bearing a small badge sewn onto his chest that marked him as a member of the casino staff, walked into view on the camera watching the elevator. Two other members of the staff flanked the silver, massive up-and-down transport, a pair of Mamemon. The Gatzumon was wheeling a large steel box, perhaps four feet tall and a foot wide, up to the elevator casually.

He got adjacent to the two Mamemon, who glared down at him, then suddenly violently grabbed his stomach. "Oh...jeez!" He moaned, the sound of the attempted deception ringing through the speakers that had been rigged all around the room. "I gotta go...can you guys take care of this?" He grunted before running off wildly, still gripping his belly.

Nervously, everyone watched as the Mamemon looked at each other, then down at the metal box between them. One of them began to talk. "Should we?"

"Hold on, lemme see." The other said, pulling a plastic wand out from his belt. He began to wave it around by the sides of the metal box. Sora began to bite her nails. Joe reached into his pants' pocket and removed a small white box of Rolaids. He ripped it open and grabbed one of the tablets, throwing it into his mouth.

"It's good. I'll take it." The Mamemon said, grabbing the handlebar with one hand and zipping a key card through the slot on the left of the elevator with the other. "I'll be right back." The doors slid open and he wheeled the cart into the large room. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief as the doors slid back closed, taking the Mamemon and the steel box down to the depths below.

"Phase One Complete." Matt hissed from the corner, nodding. "Very nice."

"The main fight starts in about two minutes." TK said, looking at his watch. "C'mon, pick it up!"

"We're looking good. Hold on a second." Izzy said, clacking a couple of keys in front of him. One of the screens went blue, specifically, the one that showed the inside of the large elevator. The Mamemon was standing there casually, glowing red and yellow on the screen. The steel box was glowing a powerful green. The elevator came to a halt. One layer of the elevator door slid open, but a second behind it remained shut. A number pad was embedded into the left side of it. Leaning in so the camera couldn't see his actions, he began to press the keys with his stubby fingers.

"Did it take?" Yolei asked warily.

A pause followed as the door opened and the Mamemon wheeled the cart out. The green substance had transferred over to the hands of the Mamemon. Izzy held his breath as the doors closed. Luckily, he was able to make out a series of green impressions on the number pad.

"Hell yes!" Izzy rejoiced. "Alright...eight, three, four, zero, six, seven, eight. We've got the code!"

"Are you sure they can't tell?" Cody asked.

"Not in a million years." Izzy grinned. "Alright. Davis, call it in."

"Number One, it's a go." Davis whispered into the radio. On one of the screens, a security guard Agumon suddenly began to walk briskly down the hallways of the back area of the facility.

"Three...two...one." Izzy muttered, punctuating the one with a press of the enter key.

"Number Three, go!" Davis said into the radio. One of the screens showed a small explosion on one of the craps tables next to the elevator, generating a split second of panic among the staff and customers. But, as is the nature of casinos, when the explosion was shown to be generated from an angry gambler, a DemiDevimon, who was already being carried off, everyone went back to their usual business.

He smiled at the sight of one of the screens on the right side displaying a green Success icon. "The screens inside the guardposts now display only empty hallways."

"Alright. Number One, you are clear to board the elevator." Davis said. The other Mamemon, having been close to the explosion, had bolted over to the table to deal with the issue. The Agumon, bearing the crest of a staff member, drew no special attention from anyone as he swiped his card through the slot and entered the elevator as the doors opened. Those who knew he wasn't authorized were either distracted or watching a false loop on a TV screen.

As soon as the doors shut, the Agumon hit the 'stop' button on the button pad. Quickly and nimbly, the Agumon leaped up the elevator and onto the ceiling. A panel came open and he slid out.

He climbed up onto the top of the elevator, the digidestined now turning their focus to a screen that showed things from the Agumon's viewpoint. He looked over the edge of the elevator, down into the shaft. A series of red laser beams crossed the shaft several times.

"If we trip one of those, the alarms go off, and it's all over." Izzy whispered. "Davis, do it."

"Number Seven, pull!" Davis read off into the radio. A second later, quite suddenly, all the screens went black as the power supplying the building failed. They could hear the sounds of chaos as all hell broke loose in the darkness. But more importantly, they could hear the Agumon beginning an acrobatic journey down the shaft, which was now laser-free.

"Perfect." TK said, looking at his watch. "The fight started no less than thirty seconds ago."

A few more moments passed, everyone waiting with bated breath. Then, the lights began to come back on. "Twenty Seconds. Just as we planned." Izzy said smoothly.

The Agumon was standing on the bottom of the elevator shaft, the lasers re-activating above his head. Fights were breaking out in the audience of the fight, the bar, and the casino, as people attempted to use the cover of darkness to steal chips, wallets, and other such valuables.

"It's almost too good to be true." Kari said under her breath. "It's just as we planned. Not a single problem to date."

"The hard part hasn't come up yet." Tai responded. "The last part is the killer."

"Okay, Number One, input the code in the elevator door. It's eight, three, four, zero, six, seven, eight. Remember, as soon as the door opens, fire away." Davis uttered into the radio.

Everyone turned to a screen at the bottom of the set of the screens. This provided a view of the elevator door from the outside. The silver doors slid open a crack, and immediately a tiny black dart shot out. In a flash, it had hit the vault door down the hall. Before the two Meramon guards could react to the development, the dart exploded in a puff of white gas. Instantly, the pair of Meramons feel to the ground unconscious.

"Bada bing!" Sora exclaimed. "Almost in."

"Number Two, go for it." Davis instructed, swallowing hard.

Everyone turned their focus to a screen on the left, which showed the inside of the vault itself. The steel box which the Mamemon had just wheeled in, which was among an assortment of other steel boxes that looked exactly the same, popped open at the top and a Pixiemon flew out.

"Remember, no touching the floor." Davis whispered as the Pixiemon flew over to the vault door, holding four tiny octagonal gems. Slowly, he began to stick them onto the door, one in the top left, another in the top right, the third in the bottom left, and the final in the bottom right.

"Very good. Number One, proceed." Davis spoke. Everyone turned back to the screen near the bottom. The Agumon was shown, placing his own quartet of tiny baubles on the gleaming vault door.

"If they're not perfectly lined up, it's not gonna work." Izzy said. "Be careful."

Kari looked down at the floor at a small black device with a thin screen running along the time. Currently, it showed a constant, strong red. And then, suddenly, it began to flash green. "It's good to go."

"Alright." Davis snapped his fingers excitedly, then raised the radio back up to his lips. "Get clear." The screens showed the Agumon and Pixiemon backing up from the massive door.

Kari hit a large black button at the base of the device on the floor, and the two sets of gems exploded at the same time, erupting like high calibur bullets.

Everyone stared at the screens for a second, afraid that the door had held. But then, the hinges gave way and the heavy door swung open slightly.

Nobody spoke for a moment. Then, Izzy reached over to a small MP3 player next to the keyboard and pressed it's front lightly. The 1812 Overture began to play.

"Hold it." Matt said. "Let's save the music for when we actually have the stuff."

"Yeah. Besides, I have a phone call to make." TK said, reaching up and grabbing a red cell phone off the book table beside him. "Time for the money shot."

----------------------------------------------------------- ---------

Cory walked briskly down the dark, concrete hallway, flashing geniune anger, nerves pulsing within his face. He held a small radio within his hand, and was constantly bringing it up to his mouth whenever he had something new to say.

"Is it honestly too much to ask for one night of perfection? Of all things to ruin fight night, a power outage-"

He was cut off. "Something took out everything." Came the voice from the other side.

"Meaning what?" Cory demanded, stopping in the hallway suddenly.

"It's the damnest thing. We had secondary and emergency power ready to roll within a split second of any power outage. But they all went out at once. We had to wire power from the vault to get back up and running."

Cory blinked slowly. "Hence the twenty-or-so second delay?"

"Yes."

Cory looked at the hall wall across from him, then began to take large steps further down the hallway, his speed picking up.

"Lock this facilty down." He said into the speaker spicily. "Nobody in or out. We're being robbed."

"Well, maybe someone tried, but they failed." The voice said confidently. "I'm looking at a video feed of the vault right now, and there isn't a damn thing going on."

"All the same, that power outage was staged." He hissed through gritted teeth, taking a right down another bland corridor. "I'm almost to the main room. I want to find out exactly what's going on in my facility."

And then, from within his outside jacket chest pocket, a faint ring sounded. He froze, startled by the sound for some reason. Slowly, he reached up into it, grabbing it by the antenna and pulling it out. He took a deep breath, then flipped the microphone out.

"How did you get this number?" He said flatly, trying to keep any trace of fear from his voice.

"I don't think that's important." Came the cocky response, silky smooth. He recognized it as one of the digidestined. TK, he was called.

"Very well, Takeru." Cory said in a low voice. "What is important?" He began walking down the hall again.

"Important?" A short pause. "I currently have men, or mon if you prefer, inside your facility's vault. Does that qualify as important?"

"I doubt it." Cory said, even as he swept down the hall towards a door jutting out on his left side. "Lies never struck me as of particular importance."

"Who's lieing?" TK asked rhetorically.

Cory rammed his hand down onto the doorknob lever and threw the door open, walking into the large room, one wall paved with television screens. A Monzaemon was pacing around at the back of the room and several Numemon were manning stations of keyboards. The room, like the halls, was made of boring concrete that hadn't even been painted, the electronic devices

"Show me the vault." He said quietly to the Monzaemon, putting the microphone of the cell against his chest.

"Bring the vault up!" He cried to the sea of Numemon. The several screens merged into one massive one as a display of a perfectly ordinary vault was showed. Several dozen steel boxes were arranged around the room in neat rows. The green lasers that covered the floor glowed. The impeccable white walls, floors and ceilings looked almost freshly painted.

"As I said, boy." Cory said, bringing the microphone back up to his mouth. "I don't know what you've been doing to cope with the thought of your inevitable defeat, but I'm afraid it's caused you to...hallucinate, perhaps?"

"The funny thing about technology, Cory." Suddenly, the screen blinked, and the immaculate vault was replaced with one being ravaged by a Floramon and Cockatrimon. "It's never, ever trustworthy."

Cory stared at the screen for several seconds, glancing over the open steel boxes, the deactivated force field on the floor, and the wide open vault door. The Floramon and Cockatrimon were grabbing the crystals out of the steel boxes and loading them into black gym bags. There was little he could do to keep frustration and anger from his tone.

"Very good, TK. Very good." He hissed. "I hope you'll be sending me a tape of how you managed all this."

"Perhaps, in time. I'm not gonna lie, it's some good stuff." TK sighed. "As you know, you currently have a little under five thousand crystals in the vault. A little irresponsible of you, I think, keeping so much of it in such a compromisable area."

"And a little premature of you, I think, to make this call before you're clear of the area." Cory spat back. "You have a rookie digimon and a champion digimon, trapped inside a vault, with five thousand crystals in bags. It's well within my power to shut down the elevator, and I have already locked this facility down. I have tens of thousands of digimon who are willing to die for me at my disposal. How, exactly, do you intend to transfer these crystals to your person?"

A short pause. "Well, Cory, I'm calling in a favor. I want you to help me transport the crystals out."

Cory snickered. "That's nice. Can I call the death commandos down to the vault now, or do you have anything else you want to say? They're not going anywhere."

"Take a very close look at...oh, the bottom left of your screen. You'll notice we left a crystal to the side. It's right there, laying on the floor." Cory snapped his fingers at the Monzaemon, and a moment later, that portion of the screen was zoomed in on. "Do you see that small electronic device attached to the side? It's blinking, right on the middle, see it?"

Cory licked his lips, his eyes on the small device. "I see it."

"Ken created it, all by himself. He's such a bright little boy." TK said casually. "Anyway, it's a most interesting explosive device. You see, when activated, it...let's say magically...connects with all of your power crystals within a fifty foot radius. Specifically, every single crystal within your vault. I have the magic button right in front of me, so it'd be very easy for me to blow everything. The crystals, the vault, and the facility."

Cory blinked, looking around the room, feeling very much like kicking one of the members of his security squad. "Creative. Go on."

"As you can see, I have two rookie digimon inside the vault that mean nothing to me. I would have no problem sacrificing them if you refuse to cooperate." TK snickered through the connection.

"I don't very much like being told what to do." Cory said sourly. "But...continue."

"Alright." TK took in a deep breath. "As you can see, the digimon are bagging only half the crystals inside the vault. Which equals a little less than two thousand five hundred I believe. Now, in a minute here, they will send twenty-five black gym bags, each containing a hundred crystals, up the elevator. I want a baker's dozen of your staff members to pick them up when they reach the top. These digimon will carry the bags through the facility, out to the main entrance, acting as if this is completely normal of course. When they arrive, a white van will pull up to the front. Your digimon will load the bags in the back, and allow the van to pull away. If you attempt to make a switch of bags or deviate from this schedule in any way, I will blow everything. I will call you back after all this is done for farewells. Are we clear?"

Cory looked around the security room for a few moments. "And I'm supposed to...take your word for it that you won't blow my half after you're clear with your half?"

"Ken said you'd say that." TK said. "You see, the explosive device is permanent. It has bonded with all five thousand crystals in the saferoom, and nothing can break this bond. Basically, if I blow one crystal, I have to blow them all. You allow me to get clear with my half, I'll allow you access back to your half, and you may remove the explosive device."

"How nice of you." Cory said throatily. "But you've overlooked something very important. I would much rather see twenty percent of my power supply be destroyed than give ten percent to the likes of you. I'm sure you understand why."

"Are you quite sure?" TK said, snickering again. "It's more than just twenty percent. I'm destroying the crystals, the facility, and every single digimon within it. Are you really comfortable with so many of your customers being killed?"

Cory swallowed hard. "Clearly you don't understand. This conversation is over. You'll just have to blow it."

"Cory, we're talking about a five thousand crystal explosion." TK said quickly. "You may be powerful...but are you completely comfortable with your own ability to survive such a blast?"

Cory blinked hard several times, looking at the vault on screen. "I have to admit...I didn't expect this from you." He hissed. "Maybe it's the blonde hair, but I don't think you could hurt a fly."

"Try me." TK said daringly. "The button is right here in front of me."

"Alright. You've obviously put alot of thought and work into this." He took a deep, settling breath and closed his eyes. "Prepare your van."

"That's a good boy. Now say it in a girl's voice." TK teased.

Cory brought the phone down, slammed his thumb down on a button along the right side, and hurled it across the room. He stood there, hands on his lips, taking a couple of breaths. "Monzaemon. I'll try and be reasonable. I'd like to know exactly how they got into our cameras, how they got into our vault, how they got down the elevator, how they got past the guards...pretty much everything...in two hours." He brought the radio from his belt up to his mouth. "Twenty five bags are coming up the elevator as we speak." He began, heading for the door of the room briskly. "Have them transported to the entrance, then-"

He froze, halfway through the door, then looked over at his cell phone against the wall.

"Someone get me that." He said absentmindedly, pointing at it.

-------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

"Did you think he might actually do it?" Davis asked as TK hung the phone up. "Because I had my suspicions..."

"It was worth a shot." TK shrugged.

"Hell yeah it was." Tai snickered. "Alright, here comes the staff..."

They watched closely as several digimon picked the large black bags up and began carrying them through the hallways of the facility, past hundreds of unsuspecting digimon who had since been calmed down after the power outage. They followed their trail on the camera system, watching them move from room to room.

"We're so close." Matt said, a slight squeak in his voice. "It's so...beautiful."

"Almost done. Let's not lose it now." Sora said warily.

The transports were shown on the camera just outside the facility by the entrance. The white van slowly pulled up alongside the curb. Robotically, the digimon moved to the back, pulled the double doors open, and tossed the bags into the back.

"Shoulda told them to be careful." Yolei said. "I dunno, but I imagine they could break."

"I don't think so. I mean, they're made of pure power. I'm sure it'd coat itself in a nice layer of teflon-" TK began.

"Quiet!" Izzy hissed. "It's time for the money shot."

The van was loaded, shut, and driven off. As soon as it was out of sight, TK hit redial on the phone and placed it up to his ear. It took less than half a ring for the pickup.

"Very good." TK said. "Feel free to enter your vault anytime and do what you will."

"You don't care what happens to the digimon down there?" Cory asked. "How coldhearted."

"They're good soldiers. They knew the risks." TK said calmly. "Again, do what you will."

"Well, that's good. Because I'm going to watch them die with...great satisfaction. I imagine, a year or two from now, I'll be doing the same with you, as you've only managed to delay the inevitable. See you then."

The dialtone kicked in, and Cory threw the phone over his shoulder. He pulled the small radio up to his lips again. "Team F, prepare to raid the vault and deal with two hostiles inside. As soon as you get in, find a crystal with an electronic explosive attached and disarm it." He twisted the knob on top of the radio. "Team D, as soon as I give the word, I want you to pursue the van. Use whatever force you feel you need, the contents cannot be...easily harmed."

--------------------------------------------------------- ---

"We're at the bottom of the shaft. Opening the door." Came the voice over the radio. "Cut the power...now!"

Cory pointed at the Chuumon on a console, and he pressed a button. The lights to the hallway to the vault, and subsequent vault, were cut. The door slid open, and a series of abrasive gunshots filled the speakers linked to the cameras. Indistingushable words were exchanged, then screams sounded off.

This went on for about a minute until the head commando finally called in. "Restore power."

The lights came back on. A bloody Floramon and Cockatrimon corpse were shown on the floor. The team of digimon were moving about the vault slowly, checking for any other intruders behind boxes.

"We're clear." He finally said. "What now?"

Cory sucked on the bottom of his lip. "Leave the bodies. Is the explosive disarmed?"

"Yessir." The reply came.

"Then get out of there." He hissed. He flipped the radio over to another frequency. "Get the van!"

------------------------------------------------------------

Some miles away, the van was racing through the desert that surrounded the machine city. A Gigadramon and Megadramon were pursuing through the air, and a half-dozen Tankmon provided ground attention. They were firing away madly at the speeding van. The vehicle, however, proved to be very fast and well-armored.

"Shoot the tires! Tires!" One of the Tankmon roared. The eight digimon took aim and fired explosive shells at the ground around the van. After a few errant shots, the tires of the van went flat, turned violently, and rolled over onto its back.

"Got em!" The Megadramon roared, flying right for it. The speeding Tankmon and Gigadramon followed hastily, eager to reclaim the contents.

Then, they got within five meters of it, and it simply erupted into a fireball. The agents of the Emperor were thrown back against the sand, bearing new black marks from the power of the explosion.

Quick as a flash, however, they regained their bearings and looked at the destroyed van.

"Ummm...sir?" The Gigadramon said.

"What?" Cory said, annoyance clearly hanging onto his every word.

"We got the van." He continued awkwardly, looking at the small flyers fluttering out the back of the van. "It's..." he grabbed one of the flyers as it attempted to float away. It bore a picture of a Renamon poledancing, a Cheap Poledancers caption along the bottom, and a phone number right below it. "...flyers. The van is full of flyers for hookers." He said slowly. "You wanted flyers of cheap hookers?"

He heard the crunching noise of the receiver at the other end being crushed, which supplied his answer.

---------------------------------------------------------- ---

Cory stormed into the vault, walking straight up to one of the steel boxes. In a fluid, single motion, he ripped the top off and peered inside. The Monzaemon followed him slowly into the vault, just in time to see Cory reach in and pull out more of the same Renamon Hooker advertisements.

To be quite sure, Cory stormed over to two other boxes and pulled them open, revealing more. He slammed the lids shut and gave the box a vicious kick.

"Son of a bitch." He hissed.

"How?" Was all the Monzaemon could think to say. "I...I thought-"

"Yes. You thought. That's the problem." Cory said, his voice shaking as he stormed out of the vault. "You should do that less. They hacked into our radio system, somehow. And yes, I blame you." He began looking around the hall slowly, starring at the white walls. "When I called the commandos down into the vault, the call got...bounced to the digidestined. They sent their own men down into the vault, disguised as my commandos, used the darkness as cover to finish the heist, then snuck out, completely unsuspected and undetected." Cory kicked the wall hard. "Shit!" His face had been deformed by the constant grimace he had been wearing for the last half hour.

"But we saw the tape!" The Monzaemon insisted. "We would have seen-"

"Those tapes..." he kicked the wall again, causing the Monzaemon to wince, "...were faked!" He blinked hard. "They duplicated my vault and recorded everything inside there, then looped it to us." He rubbed his forehead. "Jesus...the crystal bagging was all faked. They might have never even broken into the vault in the first place." He walked up to and kicked the vault door, creating a massive dent.

The Monzaemon put his hand to his chin. "Wait! How could the commandos transport five thousand crystals without us-"

"Magic." Cory said sarcastically. He ripped a tiny pouch off his belt and tossed it to the large digimon, who caught it. "Reach inside."

The Monzaemon did so slowly, with it's right hand, and found that he could easily reach his entire hand in, even though the bag couldn't have been more than six inches long.

"They probably carried it out in fanny packs." He said bitterly. "I don't know how they managed to pull all this off."

"I'll pursue the commandos!" The Monzaemon said hurriedly. "We can catch em!"

"No we can't." He licked his lips. "They're already gone." He began to walk up to the elevator. "Just clean up and figure out how this happened."

------------------------------------------------------- ---------

"Oh, my, my." TK said slowly, as small fanny pack after small fanny pack came out of the glowing computer screen and landed on the bed. "Ken, wake up, you'll want to see this." He tapped Ken on the shoulder.

Ken came out of his trance, and smiled. "Good job, boys." He grabbed one of the packs close to him and opened it up. He turned it over, zipper pointed down, and began to dump the contents out. Dozens of crystals began piling out. "Whoo!" He whooped.

"Pretty!" Kari said.

"Pretty?" Tai said skeptically. "The hell?"

"Well...they're like diamonds!" Kari exclaimed. "It's very pretty!"

Davis grabbed two of the crystals off the bed and kissed them violently. "I can't believe we pulled it off!"

"It wasn't easy." Ken said dismissively, aiming his rod orb at the pile of crystals. They began to absorb themselves within the rod. "Blocking his mind so he wouldn't notice the deception. Took every bit of power I had. But..." he looked at the orb of his rod, glowing a scarlet red "...it was worth it."

"Cake for everyone!" Sora exclaimed, walking up to the chair in the corner of the room and removing her jacket. Under the fabric was an ice cream cake inside a plastic cover.

"Alright!" Cody cheered.

Matt dived in the pile of crystals, throwing them up in the air happily. "I feel...rich!"
"We are rich!" Ken corrected. "Ladies, gentlemen, tomorrow we begin a new era of the digidestined." He continued to absorb crystals as everyone stood around and applauded. "We have new hope now, and tomorrow, we go on the offensive."

Everyone put their hands together in the middle of the room and let loose a powerful cheer.

----------------------------------------------------------- -

"I'm bumping up the schedule." Cory said saucily, walking across the room quickly, looking at the large capsule in the center of the plain room. "It's going down tomorrow."

"Hold it." The voice came from the capsule. "Think about this now-"

"He's pissed me off." Cory said hoarsely. "I'm a sensitive man. He's severly hurt my pride." He went up to the wall of the room and slapped it with his fist. A panel popped out, revealing a medium-sized golden revolver and six rounds. "Besides, I'm more than ready."

"We planned it a particular way. I'd like to stick to that." Said the voice.

"It's more than pride." Cory hissed. "Ken cleaned out my facility tonight. Right under my nose. If I let him do what he wants for too long, I'll have half the digital world recruited against me!" He grabbed the revolver and began loading the rounds into the chamber. "No. We strike tomorrow. I want to make this...setback irrelevant as soon as I can."

"If that's what you want." The capsule sighed. "Just be sure you really are ready."

"Of course I'm ready! I have six loyal megas ready for the job, and I have this!" He thrust the fully loaded revolver at the capsule. "What else do I need?"

"That's not your ordinary gun." The voice warned.

"Well, I'm not your ordinary person." Cory responded smartly. "By this time tomorrow, I'll have completely forgotten about this...heist." He spat the final word, as if disgusted by how it sounded. "I like the sound of that."