Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Enemy ❯ More Armor?!? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Digimon: A New Enemy


Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon, or claim to own anything revolving around it except my fics. Digimon is copyright of Bandai.

Chapter 1: More Armor?

It all started when the Digidestined received an email from Tentomon telling them that he had found an old temple with strange crests engraved at the entrance. An hour later, the six and their Digimon were standing outside the temple, the wind running through their hair as they debated what to do.

'It's cold out here! I say we go in and get some shelter!' Davis said loudly.
'Yeah, but should we go in? I mean, it might be dangerous to go,' Kari replied.
Always the voice of reason, TK thought. That's what makes her special... TK had only recently accepted the truth: he had a big crush on Kari. Indeed, it was more than a crush…it was like an invisible force drew him to her. Little did he know he was slowly falling in love with the girl he had spent the last 4 years saving two worlds with. He quickly jolted back to reality as Yolei nudged him.
'What do you think, TK?' she asked him. 'Should we go in?'
'Well, for once, I agree with Davis. I think we should go in and see what we find,' he responded.
'Hey, look at this,' Ken called to the others from the temple entrance. The others sped over to see what he'd found. Ken pointed up to where the crests were engraved.
'The third from the right…' he broke off.
'Ken, it's your Crest of Kindness,' Wormmon finished. 'What does it mean?'
'Who knows,' Cody put in. 'Let's just go in. Maybe the answer lies inside.'
With that, the six Digidestined went inside, their Digimon following. There was no light inside, but Patamon digivolved to Angemon, and his glow showed them their surroundings. After passing through a few halls, they found a room with a large circular structure in the center. It seemed to be radiating its own light, so Angemon de-digivolved and the group went over to it.
'Tags…' TK broke off.
'And crests.' Kari finished. 'Our crests.' Sure enough, there were six tags around the structure, five of them containing crests.
'So which one's which?' Armadillomon questioned. In response, TK and Kari moved towards their crests of Hope and Light.
'I haven't seen this in a while…' TK indicated his crest.
'Yeah, not since we defeated Apocalymon.' Gatomon confirmed.
'So whose are the others?' Yolei asked.
TK and Kari just shrugged in response.
Ken moved over to where the crestless tag. 'I guess this is mine.'
'But there's still three left. Could they belong to…us?' Cody voiced his thoughts.
'Well, if they do, who owns each one?' Hawkmon asked. Nobody knew.
Ken put his crest in the tag, but found that he couldn't remove it. It was stuck in place.
'It must take all of the Digidestined to remove the tags at the same time,' Wormmon observed.
'I guess that was whoever put them there's insurance that Ken wouldn't try to take his while he was still the Digimon Emperor,' Davis said.
Ken winced. He hated being reminded of that time.
'Well, it's no use just standing here, how about we all try in different positions? There are only six possible combinations,' Yolei said.
'Stop it, you sound just like Izzy,' TK groaned.
They all decided to carry out Yolei's plan anyway, and after 4 tries, all of the tags were removable.
'So get them already!' Veemon told them. The Digidestined all nodded simultaneously and took out their tags and crests. Suddenly, a big gust of wind blew around them, and the structure began to change colors rapidly.
A dark form, more like a ghost than anything else, emerged and flew around them all before disappearing through the door of the room.
'What the hell? What just happened?!?' Davis exclaimed. Nobody replied.
The structure then stopped on a pale white color and a bright light rose and formed itself into a person, a woman who rose high enough so that the Digidestined could see each other as well as her. TK looked over and was amused to see Davis staring at her with his mouth open wide.
'So, at last you have come. Your tags and crests have been hidden here for centuries, and yours (she turned to TK and Kari) were here ever since you triumphed over Apocalymon.'
'So what's going on? Why were our crests here?' Kari asked her.
'Your crests were here because a great evil has been locked up, and it took the combined power of all your crests to hold him,' she replied. 'By the way, I am Abudas. I was sealed along with him because we knew you would come some day.' Nobody bothered asking who 'we' were.
'So what happens now?' Wormmon asked her.
'You must use your crests to defeat him and then return them to their places to trap him. However, this will not be enough. I shall give you new power from your crests. First, there is the Metallic Armor. It will automatically be unlocked once your crest begins to glow. Also, I shall strengthen your link with your Digimon. You shall now be linked by your minds.' She pointed at their digivices, which began to glow.
What's she mean, by our minds? The thought came into Davis' mind and he knew it didn't come from him. In a flash, he realized it had come from Veemon.
'So what are our crests, anyway?' Yolei asked. 'I mean, Kari's is Light and TK's is Hope. What are ours?'
'Well, Cody's crest is the Crest of Contentment. Davis' is the Crest of Truth. And you, Yolei, yours is the Crest of Wisdom.'
The three each looked at their crests in a new light.
Well, you're the wisest person I know, Yolei! Hawkmon sent the thought to Yolei and she smiled in response.
You can't get more content than Cody! Armadillomon told him silently. Cody nodded and gave him a thumbs-up.
Uh, truth? Are you sure that's right? Veemon questioned, and got a Look from Davis.
Kindness is what you're best at, Ken. Wormmon was full of faith in his partner.
'Hey, our crests have already glowed! What about us?' TK asked Abudas.
'You cannot use the Metallic Armor, however, your Digimon can digivolve to their Ultimate levels once more,' she replied.
Finally, I get to digivolve again! Gatomon smiled.
'So how about we go look for this guy!' Yolei shouted excitedly. The others all nodded.
'Good luck. Remember, if you need anything, I'll be here,' she told them. They all thanked her and sprinted out.

A/N: Well? Just lettin' ya know, I haven't given up on No Shielding The Past, I just…wanted to try this out and see how far I could go. Well, keep R/Ring and I'll continue the story!!