Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Enemy ❯ The First Assault ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Digimon: A New Enemy
_______________________________________
Chapter 2: The First Attack

A/N: Wow, it's been over a month since I updated! Well, here's the long-overdue second chapter! I'm adding a new element in my fics, a pop-up box similar to the Digimon Analyzer for Digimon I've created.

Davis tossed and turned in his bed. Crest of Truth? Can I really make it glow? And how am I supposed to do it anyway? Is truth really my strongest trait?
Sure it is, Davis! You just have to let it surface, and avoid lying. I think. Veemon responded.
Gee, you think?? That's helpful! Davis shot back.
Well, sorry, I just don't know about this stuff, okay? Veemon told him silently.
I guess so. Let's just go to sleep. We'll worry about this in the morning… Davis replied wordlessly, and the two of them tried to sleep, eventually dropping off.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

'You've GOTTA be kidding me!' Davis shouted.
'I'm not. The Dark Specter has sent forth evil Digimon in the northern parts of the Digital World, at the frozen wastelands,' Abudas repeated. 'You must go there and destroy them. Don't worry about killing them, they're created.'
'Just like Arukenimon's Control Spire Digimon…' Cody remembered. 'BlackWarGreymon was the only Digimon that had a heart and that's because it took 100 Control Spires to create him.'
'Well, these Digimon have no hearts. They're just created as slaves, and that's all they'll ever be,' Abudas responded.
'Just like the Digimon that were taken over by Dark Rings….mindless slaves,' Yolei said, then shot her hand over her mouth. 'Oh, Ken, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-'
'It's okay, Yolei. That's my past and I can't keep running away from it. I need to face it,' Ken told her, and she nodded.
I'm glad you've finally decided to do that, Ken. Wormmon told him.
Well, I don't have much of a choice. If I keep running away, it'll take me over again some day. And there's no way we're gonna let that happen, right, Wormmon? he replied.
Right, Ken. Wormmon smiled.
Well, are we gonna- 'I mean, are we gonna go?' Davis asked. 'Might as well get it over with.'
'Wait, I think we should find out more about where we're going...maybe it'll prepare us for what's ahead,' TK voiced his opinion.
'What? Why not just go straight in??' Davis questioned.
'I think we should ask around and see what we're up against,' Kari said.
'Hey, good idea! We really should find out about where we're headed!' Davis said, and marched off, with the others following.
'Why didn't I think of that?' TK asked sarcastically and followed.
'Good luck!' Abudas called after them, then said silently, 'You'll need it…'

* * * * * * * * * * * *

'WHY do we always get talked into this?' Gabumon asked Gomamon.
'Because we're…ssh! Get down!' Gomamon pushed Gabumon down behind the rock they were crouching behind. An army of strange Digimon walked by, and to Gabumon they looked like ice golems.
'What're they?' Gabumon asked.
'They're Kanomon. The only thing worse than their icy-cold touch is their Freeze Breath attack!' Gomamon told him.
Name: Kanomon
Level: Ultimate Type: Golem
Main Attack: Freeze Breath
'But they look so blank…they're not changing their expression or anything like that!' Gabumon told him. 'I think this is what Cody meant when he said they were controlled.' He referred to when Cody had used 'gentle persuasion' to convince them to go on this scouting mission.
'Yeah, we'd better go tell the others what we've found,' Gomamon suggested.
'Others? So, there's more of you little insects…' Gomamon whirled round to see a Digimon that was looking straight at them.
'This isn't good,' Gabumon said.
'You think?' Gomamon retorted.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Birdramon, flying overhead, saw Gabumon and Gomamon being frozen into ice statues and being taken off by the ice golems. Thinking fast, she turned around and flew southward.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

'I'm getting worried. Gabumon and Gomamon should've been back by now,' TK said to Kari and she nodded in agreement.
'If something happens to them, it's my fault for convincing them to go along…' Cody said, looking troubled.
'No, Cody, if something happens, it's all our faults, we all wanted them to go,' Yolei tried to reassure Cody.
'Hey, don't drag me into this, I just wanted to go, and-' Davis broke off when Yolei shot him a shut-up-I'm-trying-to-cheer-Cody-up look.
Shut up, Davis, you're not helping here! Veemon ordered him.
They heard a cry from above. 'Hey, TK! Kari! Cody! Where are you?'
'Down here!' Kari shouted back. Birdramon followed her voice and set down beside them, becoming Biyomon.
'Gabumon…Gomamon…golems…ice…frozen!' Biyomon puffed.
'Huh? What?' Davis asked.
'Biyomon, gather your breath,' Kari instructed gently.
Biyomon took a deep breath, then spoke. 'Gabumonandgomamongotcapturedandturnedintostatues!!!!'
Hawkmon sighed. 'Talk slowly, will you?'
'Okay, Gabumon and Gomamon got captured by a gang of Kanomon and they were turned into ice statues!' Biyomon said.
'WHAT?' Cody exploded. 'Statues? How?'
'They used their Freeze Breath,' Biyomon replied. They're at the Ultimate level, so it was easy for them!'
'Well, it's not gonna be that easy to beat us, right Patamon?' TK asked.
'Right! And now that I can become Magnaangemon, we can beat anything!' Patamon replied confidently.
'Yeah, and as Angewomon, I feel up to anything too!' Gatomon said excitedly.
'You just HAVE to rub it in our faces that you can digivolve to the Ultimate level, don't you?' Veemon asked Patamon, who nodded with a wide smile on his face.
Patamon and Gatomon are such show-offs, aren't they, Veemon? Davis asked.
You got that right! Veemon answered.
'Can we go now?' Ken asked, irritated. 'We need to rescue Gabumon and Gomamon, if nothing else!' Everyone else turned to him and agreed.
'So, this is it…the beginning of the war…' Kari mused to herself.
'Whatcha say?' Davis came up to her loudly.
'Oh, nothing…' Kari said.
Davis shrugged and walked off.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Biyomon led the Digidestined to an icy cluster of rocks. 'This is where they were captured by the Kanomon.'
Davis got off Raidramon, who became Veemon again. 'So where do we go from here?'
'Well, I suggest we head for that big scary building over there,' TK said, pointing.
TK, don't be a smart-ass. That's Davis's job! Patamon told him, and received a grin.
'So let's go then! No more waiting!' Veemon said to the group.
'Yeah, we've gotta rescue Gabumon and Gomamon!' Gatomon responded.
Yolei knelt down. 'Biyomon, you stay here. You can't digivolve without Sora, so you can't help us once we're inside.'
Biyomon reluctantly agreed and said she would scout around outside. Yolei nodded and the Digidestined headed in. It wasn't long before a bunch of Kanomon attacked them.
Veemon, you know what to do! Digi- 'I mean, Digi-armor….Energize!'
'Veemon armor-digivolved to…..Flamedramon, the Fire of Courage!'
'Like I always say, Davis, when it's fire against ice, fire always wins!' Flamedramon declared and attacked. 'Fire Rocket!' He toasted the first line of Kanomon.
'Gatomon!' Kari only had to say the word, and Gatomon nodded.
'Gatomon digivolved to…Angewomon!'
'Celestial Arrow!' Angewomon wiped out Kanomon left and right.
You guys need any help?' Armadillomon asked.
'Nah, we're fine!' Flamedramon grunted as he dodged an Icicle Beam, then Flame Fisted the Kanomon. Soon, all the Kanomon were beaten and Veemon and Gatomon stood looking very pleased with themselves.
'Okay, let's keep going!' Yolei said. Everyone else agreed and they continued.
Yolei, doesn't this seem a bit…easy? Hawkmon inquired.
What do you mean? she asked.
Well, those Kanomon were all we've encountered here. We've seen neither hide nor hair of any other Digimon under the control of the Dark Specter. He was worried.
Good point. But what could happen? She reasoned.
'Stay right where you are!' A voice sounded behind them, and then from all directions, lots of evil Digimon surrounded the Digidestined. 'You're not going anywhere!'
Oh, yes, what could POSSIBLY happen? Hawkmon asked sarcastically.

A/N: Okay, I'm still writing, I just wanted to pause here and post what I'd written. The rest'll come up as Chapter 3. Yes. Keep R/Ring!