Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Face Among Many ❯ Parting Is Sweet Sorrow ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A New Face Among Many - Chapter 8: Parting Is Sweet Sorrow

Also not common knowledge is the short attention spans of young dragons. Wyrvenmon gave up staring at Tentomon after a few minutes. She curled her tail around Reliana's ankles, rested her head on her claws and went to sleep.

Reliana lost her train of thought when Wyrvenmon wrapped her tail around her ankle.

Tentomon held back his laughter.

* * *

"Izzy, why do you want to find Reliana so badly? She destroyed your Unix server and she blackmailed you. What, besides computers, do you two have in common?" Yolei was intensely curious. She also was feeling protective. She was fond of Izzy and didn't was to see him hurt. Just watching him watch his Unix server flush itself down the toilet had hurt.

"I'm not going to get into that. She apologized and explained her reasons for what she did. I am more than willing to forgive and forget." Izzy began typing again as the other Digidestined tried to recover from their shock. "All set. Are you guys ready to go?"

* * *

"Ok. If I've got this right, the nearest digiport is a week's hike away." Tentomon nodded. "Fine. Any reasons why we shouldn't go and wait for the others?" Reliana was on an emotional high. She was going home.

"That Viscamon could come after us again." Wyrvenmon was pessimistic. She didn't understand how Reliana could want to leave the Digital World after taking such a long time to get there.

"You can digivolve to counter that, Wyrvenmon. Where is you optimism? I'm going to be able to show you my home." Wyrvenmon's reluctance was bothering Reliana and it showed.

* * *

Calling their parents on Reliana's cell phone (the only phone in the apartment), the Digidestined made their excuses. Those not using the phone raided Reliana's fridge, stocking food for the trip ahead.

"Ready?" Yolei's question was met with nods from all the other Digidestined. "Ok, Digiport open!" Yolei held her D3 up to the computer monitor. The digiport opened and the Digidestined proceeded to enter the Digital World.

* * *

"We're going in circles." Reliana sank to her knees. This was the third time she, Wyrvenmon and Tentomon had come back to the cliff-face clearing where they had met. "What is going on?"

""It is almost like something is keeping us here." Wyrvenmon was nervous. She was ripping small furrows in the ground with her talons, and her tail was twitching.

"Who even knows we're here?"

"Obviously someone does, Reliana. This wouldn't be happening otherwise…" Wyrvenmon's voice trailed off. She was staring at Reliana's Digivice, which, at that moment, started beeping.

"What now?" Reliana sighed. What on earth could be going wrong now?

* * *

"What the…?" Yolei's Digivice was glowing. After a minute it stopped and went dark. While checking her D-Terminal for probable causes, Yolei noticed something very strange. "What the…?"

"What is it Yolei?"

"I don't know, Kari. For some reason, my Digi-egg of Sincerity is gone!"

"What?" The Digidestined, with the exception of Yolei and the inclusion of Izzy, spoke in unison. They had never heard of something like this ever happening before.

* * *

"Was that cave there before?" Tentomon's voice had a haughty sound to it. He knew they hadn't been going in circles. Here was proof.

Reliana took her Digivice off her mini-skirt belt-loop. "There's a map here. There is something in the cave that activated my Digivice. I wonder what it is."

Wyrvenmon approached the cave cautiously. Reliana and Tentomon followed her through the entry.

"It's some sort of temple." Reliana noticed some strange-looking symbols on the walls. It almost looked like programming code. I'll have to study them later… Reliana's attention was drawn from the writing to a stone slab protruding from the far wall. On it sat an egg-like object that looked like [description here] with a green teardrop painted on it. Curiously drawn to it, Reliana walked forward and touched it.

That's when it happened.

When Reliana touched the egg her Digivice glowed so brightly the light filled the entire cave. When the glow faded and died Reliana was standing with the egg in her hands. What surprised her the most, however, was her Digivice. It had transformed into what we know as D3s. It was purple in color with white detail.

"What does this do?" Reliana's voice was soft. She was staring at the Digi-egg.

"It is the Digi-egg of Sincerity, and will allow Wyrvenmon to Armor Digivolve." Tentomon's voice broke the quiet and Reliana's trace.

Wyrvenmon added her two cents worth to the conversation. "All you have to do is say 'Digi-Armor Energize!', and I'll get to digivolve again."

The Digi-egg of Sincerity glowed and dissolved. An arc of energy flowed from the glow and was absorbed into what looked to be a palm pilot type of device.

"I guess that answers my question of where I keep it, but what happens next?"