Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Trip To Heaven, From Hell ❯ Hello, I'm Davis ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♠♣&# 226;™¥â™¦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I groaned as someone nudged me… hard, why is my pillow hard? And when do I fall asleep sitting up? Awww crap, not again! I opened my eyes, resulting in me staring blearily into my English teachers face. “Motomiya, guess what you're doing on the weekend.” He raised one arrogant eyebrow, I just stared. “Detention”, that was all he said before he walked back to the board. I saw Kari look at me, she's been worrying about me lately, I don't know why. Okay, it's probably because I've been falling asleep in every class, but it's not like I'm hurt or anything… Well, not that she can see. I laid my head back on the table and closed my eyes, just waiting for the bell to ring.
 
“Davis! You shouldn't be falling asleep in class! Why can't you be more like Ken?” Yolei sighed. My eye twitched uncontrollably, first she tells me what to do, and second she compared me to an evil genius… Okay ex-evil genius and third… Tell me they were not hearts in her eyes just then. I shuddered before I heard Cody speak, “leave him alone Yolei, I'm sure he has a good reason for it.” I smiled and hung my head low whilst people were focusing on Cody's and Yolei's `debate'. I felt a nudge in my side, what's with people and nudging me today? I turned and ended up facing TK's worried expression, I could only guess he saw my reaction before. He nudged me again when I didn't answer, so I nudged him back and shrugged whilst wearing my goofy grin. It seemed to work. For now. I pulled my digivice out and walked to towards the computer. “Last one to the digital world is a rotten digiegg!” All I heard behind me after I went through the digiport was the gang shouting “cheater!” I laughed when I got to the digital world, it looked peaceful. I lurched forwards and fell onto my stomach. “Gah! TP, get off me!” It was not fun being underneath another boy… especially one you like. What? I'm gay, so what? “Davis! It's TK. T. K. It's not my fault you didn't move!” TK got off quickly, and I swear I just saw him blush. It was an awkward situation, especially in front of his crush, Kari. I looked to my left when I heard giggling, it was Kari… we were all looking at her strangely, except for TK, he was glaring. We all shrugged it off when Matt came running. He glanced at TK and Kari quickly. Something was going on; I know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box… I'm probably a cinnamon brown or a tan colour or something… but I can still realise when something's wrong. We started to follow Matt; he was explaining some weird object their digimon had found. Kari had giggled again, I turned around just in time to lip-read Takeru's lips… mmmm lips…
Why did you push me?
His response was another giggle and Kari running up to Matt to ask about Tai. A death stare followed her. My mind was lost for a few minutes in thought until a blue blob appeared in my view. “Veemon!!”
 
We eventually met up with the other digidestined, that `strange object' turned out to be another digi-egg. “What's that symbol on it? It isn't Friendship, Courage or Love. And it isn't any of the others either… So what is it?” I was the only one to speak as everyone just stared at the egg. “That's the crest of loyalty.” Oh god! He's kind of cute… I wonder what his name is. TK stepped forwards, his eyes had gained a slight sparkle in them, something made him happier, maybe it's the other guy? “Gennai? What happened to you? You got younger!” I'm sure I wasn't the only one who deadpanned… he just said it so bluntly. “Haha, yes TK, it's me. You've grown, all of you have actually. And I sense your crest have gotten stronger.” Gennai smiled at us. “Wait, this is Gennai? I thought you said he was old, as in OLD... as in OLD old.” Yolei looked confused, I don't blame her, I was thinking the exact same thing, and by Cody's face he was too. Kari laughed “he was, but he's younger now. Was your data upgraded or something? Because you look better, and your communication methods are better too.” All the old digidestined just laughed. “What's the inside joke? And upgraded?” I voiced my confusion, and waited for the insults of that I'm an idiot. Izzy looked at me, smiled and replied, “After our final battle against the darkness all those years ago, the digital world got restored, it was like a security check on a computer, some data got upgraded, some got deleted and some were left as they were. Back then, Gennai would talk to us via a hologram, he'd appear when we least expected it but never when we needed him, his messages were always fuzzy and half-finished, it was like watching a TV that flickers every 3 seconds and goes off when the important bit comes up.” The digi-egg started glowing, and let me tell you now, the light those things emit are painfully bright, it leaves spots in my eyes afterwards. A beam of light shot out from the egg and disappeared. “That was a digivice!” Cody exclaimed, he likes to state the obvious I guess, crest of knowledge and reliability, knowledge of the obvious and reliable to tell us. I like the kid, he's good, but sometimes he's too mature or he states the obvious in case we didn't realise. “Wait so there's another digidestined like you twerps?” Tai grinned as he walked towards us, “sorry I'm late guys, soccer training went overtime.” “Better late then never. We should probably try and look for them, we know they're loyal, not many people are these days, so it shouldn't be too hard.” Joe pushed his glasses up as he spoke. I tugged at my goggles, the ones Tai had given me, then I stood up straight, determination was running through my veins now, I had a new mission, “then let's go! Let's go find Loyalty!”
“What? You going to make friends with everyone to see if they're loyal or not? It could have gone to a different country for all we know. And you actually named them Loyalty?” Matt laughed; I hate it when he does that.
“Yes I named them Loyalty; their crest is Loyalty is it not?”
”True, but how you going to find them? My point from before still stands.”
“Well, if I have to make friends with everyone, so be it, I will find them! Even If I have to go to every country, I will!”
“That a boy! True leadership!” Tai smiled proudly. I shuddered, “Tai. You sound like my dad… Ow!! Why'd you hit me?!”
“Call me old again and Agumon flames your ass.”
“My dad isn't old! He's ancient! Seriously! He remembers when… gah!” Headlocks were not fun, especially when Tai forgets his own strength, or maybe that was the point? “Why are you guys standing there laughing? Help me!” It was futile to struggle against Tai, but I still tried. “Tai let him go, or a certain person will get very jealous.” Kari smiled proudly, she's just like her brother at times, really she is. At least it caught Tai's attention, he loosened his grip slightly. “Who? Kari, tell me who.” The sly grin he was wearing was freaking me out, but if he loosens his grip just a little more… there! Out! I hid behind Joe after that. Kari looked slightly nervous, I looked around, I couldn't see danger which would make her nervous. “Well… I'll tell you at home, if you promise not to tell anyone else.” Determination had krept into her voice then, as if she made up her mind about something. Very much like Tai. “Yes! Okay, home time everyone! Kari, let's go!” Tai jumped and grabbed Kari, dragging her towards the TV to take her home. “Tai! Tell me you're not that desperate!” Kari's face was priceless, shocked and amusement mixed into one, along with uncertainty and slight annoyance. “Bye guys!” Tai shouted as they disappeared. I looked around as everyone fell to the ground laughing, all except TK. Joe's voice interrupted my thoughts, “that's Tai for you. If he wants to know something, he wants it straight away.” They all laughed again, after the laughing fits had finished, it was decided that we'd all go home. Gennai had left already and there was nothing else to do. As we got to the TV I noticed Matt & TK had already gone. I figured they were running late for something, maybe TK's basketball game? Or maybe something else. I wasn't sure, but he sure acted weird with what Kari said to Tai.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♠♣&# 226;™¥â™¦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~