Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Alive ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Alive

Disclaimer: Digimon belongs to Fox Kids and Toei Studios. The song "Alive" is owned by P.O.D.

A/N: I did this story in Ken's POV, but I think I totally suck at writing POV's, but tell what you think anyway.

Everyday is a new day

I'm thankful for every breath I take

I won't take it for granted

so I learn from my mistakes

it's beyond my control, sometimes it's best to let go

whatever happens in this lifetime

so I trust in love

you have given me piece of mind.

It's amazing how I was able to get home. The dreadery struck me with an amazing blunt force I could not have foreseen. Was it memories of Sam? No, Wormmon. How could he do this to me?

No… How could I do this to him?

It was my actions that caused Wormmon's fate.

My evil, my fault. I accept the blame the same way an actor would receive an Oscar. But his self sacrifice has changed me. I feel human…But not just. When Wormmon returns, then. I'm trying to rule out suicide.

I feel so alive for the very first time

I can't deny you, I feel so alive

I feel so alive for the very first time

and I think I can fly.

You know the story. Me, Sam, the digivice. It's a strange card fate has dealt me. I feel so tired, I think I'm about to give up, but there's a voice in the back of my head that's telling me to hold on. I can't place it, but it sounds familiar. But still, who'd want a monster like me to keep on living on this shiny blue and green planet?

I try to search my memory for Wormmon.

No luck.

But still I search. I will not stop until I can at least hear his cute little squeaks. The lil' bugger… literally speaking. But then, a spark flew and hit me.

The Primary Village.

Oh please Kami, let Wormmon be there.

Sunshine upon my face

a new song for me to sing

tell the world how I feel inside

even though it might cost me everything

now that I know this, so beyond, I can't hold this

I can never turn my back away

now that I've seen you

I can never look away.

I look at the simple digivice in my palm and then at the blank screen of my computer. My mind says go but my mouth says no. I finally gather my courage and hold the small device to the screen. Shakily I say, "Digi-port, open." The little red icon goes green, and the next thing I know, I'm being transported into the strange enigma of a world made up of digital data. But I have learnt my lesson. These bits of data are human too.

Like Wormmon.

I feel so alive for the very first time

I can't deny you, I feel so alive

I feel so alive for the very first time

and I think I can fly.

I walk and pray to Kami that Wormmon will be waiting for me like he always does and he'll forgive me for what I have done to myself, himself, my parents and the Digital World.

I see a preschool like atsmostsphere and realized that I must be at The Primary Village. I try to subconsciously ignore the looks of anger and surprise on the digimon's faces as I pass them by.

One stops me and says, "You're the Digital Kaizer, right?"

I can do nothing but nod my confirmation yes.

The little digimon sighs and says, " I thought the digidestined took you out. I thought you left… Why are you back?"

I stare at this creature and reply, "I need to earn my friend back… Wormmon."

I hear the squeaks of other baby digimon and one sounded freakishly familiar…

Now that I know you

I could never turn my back away

now that I see you

I can never look away

now that I know you

I can never turn my back away

now that I see you

I believe no matter what they say.

I hear the same squeak and I follow it. The digimon is so familiar looking too. It's a small green leaf like thing with this cute sqooshy nose. But after a couple of blinks, who this digimon is brings tears to my eyes.

It's Leafmon.

"L-L-Leaf-Leafmon? Is that you?" I managed to choke out, with tears streaming down my face.

"Ken!" it squeaked out.

I'm surprised, but I silently thank Kami for listening to my prayers.

"Leafmon," I ask," can you… forgive me?"

Leafmon answered, "Sure thing Ken, that's what friends do!"

I gasp at this. Friends? It's new in my vocabulary, but I like it anyhow. I hug Leafmon and we walk away until we come up to the TV framework to bring us home. "Let's go." I say.

I feel so alive for the very first time

I can't deny you, I feel so alive

I feel so alive for the very first time

and I think I can fly.

I hear Leafmon sigh happily and say, "It's good to be back with you Ken."

And you know what? I don't think I have ever felt so… so… righteous and so… alive. For the very first time, too.

I feel so alive for the very first time

I can't deny you, I feel so alive

I feel so alive for the very first time

and I think I can fly.

The End