Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Enemy's Friendship ❯ First Kiss and the Date ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Six months had passed since Davis quit the Digidestined. Davis and Veemon had things a little better since then. But things haven't been so calm for the younger Digidestined. The five strange-colored Digimon had put a licking on their partners. Even with the older Digidestined helping them to fight, they still couldn't gain the upper hand on the five strange Digimon. That's when Davis revealed the secrets that he had kept from them. That was also when Kari realized that part of what happened was her fault. In running from the other Digidestined, she ran right off a cliff. But Davis saved her from falling to her death
/ is Davis mental talk
// is mental talk for all of Veemon's Digivolutions
\ is Kari mental talk
* is mental talk for all of Gatomon's Digivolutions
' is thoughts






Chapter 4: First Kiss and the Date

The older and younger Digidestined had returned to the Real World. They tried to come up with an effective plan to stop Davis, but they had no such luck. When Kari and Gatomon were asked for an opinion, they simply said that they didn't have one.

Meanwhile, Kari was back in her room at home. She was the first to realize just how much she betrayed Davis's trust. 'I wronged Davis so much. But I'll do whatever it takes to earn his full trust in me again,' she thought. She then looked at the beautiful gold and silver bracelet that Davis gave her. 'Davis, I want to talk to you,' she thought.

Gatomon saw the look on her partner's face. She thought the same thing that Kari was thinking. How much she wronged Davis and Veemon. 'I hope that I can get Veemon to trust me again after all I said about him and Davis,' she thought.

They were so into their thoughts that they didn't see their bracelets glowing at first. They then saw a light coming from their arms and looked dow to see the bracelets glowing. They both smiled because they were going to see Davis and Veemon.

Meanwhile, Tai was going to talk to Kari when he saw a light coming from her room. "Kari!" he shouted before racing to her room. But when he opened the door, Kari and Gatomon were gone. "Kari," Tai said sadly. He then called the others, telling them to meet him in the park.

Meanwhile, Kari and Gatomon had arrived in a lush forest. There, she and Gatomon saw Davis and some Digimon appearing to be fighting one another. Veemon turned and saw Kari and Gatomon. He smiled at them and invited them over.

"What's Davis doing?" Kari quietly asked.

"He and our Digimon friends that you see are training. He didn't tell anyone, but he can fight and defend himself as well. That's how our friends end up being stronger than they should be for their levels," Veemon responded.

Davis had just now seen Kari and Gatomon. "All right Angelda, Dameg, Whitefire, Faerie, that's enough for today," he said.

"All right Davis," the Digimon said.

All but Angelda, Dameg and Whitefire left for their sectors of the Digital World. Kari and Gatomon were nervous around these Digimon because they didn't know whether these Digimon would be friends to them.

"Don't be scared. We're all your friends now," Angelda said.

Kari and Gatomon couldn't help but notice that Angelda looked very beautiful for being a Lady Devimon. They also noted that her eyes and voice were warm and inviting instead of cold and harsh. "Who are you?" they asked.

"I am called Angelda. I do look somewhat like a Lady Devimon, but I assure you that I am the complete opposite of her," the Lady Devimon responded. She noticed that they were looking at the white Meramon. "Ah, you're admiring our friend Whitefire. He looks menacing, but he's really a big softie," she added.

"Yes he is. He's only tough when he needs to be," Davis said smiling. "You're getting better Whitefire. You're a lot better on offense and defense than you were a few months ago."

"Thank you my friend," Whitefire said smiling.

"So, what brings you here?" Veemon asked Kari and Gatomon.

"Well, we just wanted to talk to you," Kari responded.

Davis nodded. "Let's talk over a flight through the Digital World. What do you say?" he asked.

Kari and Gatomon nodded to that. Davis climbed onto Dameg's back before extending an arm to Kari. Kari walked up to Davis and took his extended hand before being lifted onto Dameg's back as well. Angelda picked up Veemon and Gatomon. Then Angelda and Dameg soared into the air.

Kari just looked down at the view. She and Gatomon had never really flown around the Digital World just for fun so she really never had the chance to enjoy it from high in the sky. "I never took the time to notice how beautiful the Digital World is from the air. This is breathtaking," she said.

"It is a beautiful sight to behold," Davis said as Dameg nodded. "What did you want to talk about?" he added.

"I wanted to say just how sorry I am for betraying your trust the way I did. I saw how depressed you were, but I turned my back instead of following my first instinct, which was to help you. I'll do whatever it takes to earn your forgiveness and trust," Kari responded as Gatomon nodded.

"I've already forgiven you Kari. Like I told you, I love you. I'm not going to let what happened in the past get in the way of it," Davis said.

"I've forgiven you too Gatomon. I really do love you, and true love doesn't keep track of wrongdoings{1}," Veemon added.

Kari and Gatomon were speechless. They could barely believe what they were hearing. Davis and Veemon had already forgiven them. But then Kari and Gatomon smiled.

"Thank you Davis," Kari said.

Davis smiled. Their faces inches apart. They closed in, and their lips touched in a passionate kiss. Davis didn't know that a little of his magic had gotten into Kari. They broke apart when they needed to breathe. But they saw each other blushing. Dameg and Angelda smiled. Angelda looked at Gatomon and Veemon to see them blushing as well. She knew that they had also shared their first kiss. Veemon also didn't know that a little of his magic had gotten into Gatomon.

Dameg and Angelda soared through the sky unti the sun was no longer visible. Then they landed. Davis and Kari got off of Dameg, and Angelda simply put Veemon and Gatomon down. Then Dameg and Angelda said their goodbyes before heading to their homes as well.

"Well we should be also be heading home," Davis said.

"How can we get there? We don't have our D3s with us," Kari wondered.

"You and Gatomon don't need a D3 to get to and from the Digital World anymore Kari. Just like you and Gatomon thought of Davis and me to get here, all you and Gatomon have to do is think of home. The bracelets' magic will then take you back home," Veemon said.

"What about you two?" Gatomon asked.

"Veemon and I can appear and disappear how we please. We finally found out three months ago that we didn't need a D3 to get to and from here," Davis responded.

"But Veemon can't Digivolve without the D3 though," Kari said.

"Actually, you're half right Kari. I can't Armor Digivolve without Davis's D3, but I don't need it for normal Digivolution," Veemon said.

"How can you Digivolve without a D3 Kari and Gatomon asked.

"I'll show you," Veemon responded. He then glowed white. "Veemon Digivolve to..."

The light shone a little brighter. Veemon then began to grow. When the light dimmed, a much larger version of Veemon stood before them. This version had white wings coming from out of his back, a large horn on his nose and a large black X on his chest.

"ExVeemon!" the new Digimon announced.

"Wow," Gatomon said in awe.

"I am ExVeemon, Veemon's Champion form. Don't cross me or you'll be seeing stars after I Ex Vee Punch or Ex Vee Kick you. But you really won't have a blast if you feel my Vee Laser. I also have a few other attacks, but you'll find out about them in time," ExVeemon said.

"Could I do that?" Gatomon asked.

"You sure could," ExVeemon responded.

"But I don't have my D3, and my crest of light was destroyed. That's what Gatomon needed to go Ultimate because she's a Champion level now," Kari said.

"You don't need them for normal Digivolution Kari. All you and/or Gatomon need to do is feel the light in your hearts," Davis said. "Veemon felt the courage and friendship in his heart, and that's why he could Digivolve on his own."

Kari and Gatomon closed their eyes. Kari focused on the light that she had when she was younger. She felt the warm and inviting power and soon radiated in a soft pink light. Gatomon closed her eyes as she felt stronger.

"Gatomon Digivolve to..."

Her small cat body morphed into a human body. White boots formed on her feet, and something that looked kind of like a white leotard appeared on her upper body. A long purple sash curled around her as she spread four pairs of white feathery wings. Then a silver helmet with wings on the sides covered her face to about the lower part of her nose.

"Angewomon!"

Davis and ExVeemon couldn't hold in their awe upon seeing the angelic Digimon. "Whoa," was all they could say.

"It's great to be able to reach this form again after so long," Angewomon said. "Thank you Davis and ExVeemon."

"You're welcome Angel," ExVeemon said.

Angewomon's cheeks turned pink at that remark. "I like that name," she said.

"I do too," Kari said. "It fits her perfectly."

"Very well then. Your name will be Angel from now on," Davis said to Angewomon. "But let's keep this a secret from the other Digidestined for now. We'll have them think that our Digimon can only Armor Digivolve," he added as Kari and Angel nodded.

Then ExVeemon and Angel Dedigivolved before going home. Kari and Angel reappeared in their bedroom, and Davis and Veemon reappeared in theirs. Tai had just come back home. He went into what he thought was an empty room. To his shock and relief, Kari and Angel were sitting on the bed.

"Kari! I was so worried about you," Tai said. "Where were you and Gatomon?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," Kari said.

Tai left it at that. Their parents called them for dinner. Half an hour after dinner, Kari changed into a long nightgown and got into her bed. The only thing she thought about was her wonderful afternoon with Davis.

/If you thought today was good. Meet me here tomorrow for a day of enchantment/ she heard in her mind. She was shocked because the voice sounded a lot like Davis. But then she smiled.

\I'll be looking forward to it\

/It seems that you have a mental link with me now/

\Yes but how?\

/I guess that some of my magic got into you when we kissed/

\It's a change that I'm going to like. Now we'll be able to talk withou having to worry about others hearing us\

/Yes we will. Goodnight Kari/

\Goodnight Davis\

Meanwhile, Angel and Veemon had a similar mental conversation.

*I'm going to love this way of talking to you. We won't have to worry about the other Digidestined hearing us*

//No we won't//

*Well, goodnight*

//Goodnight Angel//

It was a peaceful night for the two couples. Kari and Angel could only dream about what could possibly happen on their enchanting date with Davis and Veemon. Davis and Veemon on the other hand were thinking about what they were going to do on the date as they slept. The next morning was a glorious one. The sun was shining bright, and the birds were merrily singing. It was 9am on this lovely Saturday morning.

Davis woke up to the birds' melodious song. He smiled and opened his window. One of the little birds flew down and landed on his windowsill. Davis extended his finger, and the little bird hopped onto it. Davis then gently caressed the bird's head. The bird chirped happily.

"Hey little guy," Davis said.

The bird chirped its hello before flying back up to its parents. Veemon smiled before also getting out of bed. He always loved to hear the birds singing in the morning. He then walked over to Davis.

"So, where are we going to take Kari and Angel out?" Veemon asked.

"At high noon Veemon," Davis responded.

"Apparently one of the Digidestined realized how wrong she has been treating you," a voice said.

Davis and Veemon turned to see Jun standing in the doorway. She was smiling. She didn't tell Davis or Veemon, but she could feel Kari's inner struggle the day Kari and the others came to the house. Jun knew it was just a matter of time before Kari realized how badly she treated Davis.

"Yes Jun, she did. I just hope that she and Angel like what Veemon and I have planned for them," Davis said.

"Angel?" Jun asked.

"That's Gatomon's new name. I gave it to her because her Ultimate form is an angel Digimon," Veemon responded.

"That's a nice name for her, and I'm sure that she and Kari will love what you and Veemon have planned from them little bro," Jun said before leaving to go downstairs.

\Davis?\

/Yes Kari/

\When do you want Angel and I to meet you?\

/Meet us at noon. Veemon and I will be waiting for you/

\Okay Davis. See you then\

Davis and Veemon had breakfast before teleporting to the Digital World. An hour later, Kari started getting ready for the big date. She was very excited about it. Tai came into the room to see Kari searching through her dresses.

"What are you doing little sis?" Tai asked.

"Oh, I'm just getting ready for a date. I have to be ready by noon," Kari responded.

Tai left smiling. 'It looks like her and TK are going to have a good time.' If only he had known that Kari wouldn't be going out with TK, but Davis.

At about 11am, Kari had showered and gotten dressed. Angel could only look at Kari in awe. Kari looked beautiful. She was wearing a long sleeveless pink dress that almost flowed to the floor. She wore matching gloves and high heels. The only thing that she was missing was a tiara because she looked like a beautiful princess waiting to see her prince.

"You look awesome Kari," Angel said in awe.

"You really like it?" Kari asked as she twirled around once.

"I do. You look like a princess from a fairy tale," Angel responded. "But what am I going to do? I don't want to look plain," she added.

\Oh Angel, you won't look plain. All you have to do is Digivolve\

*Say, you're right*

\When it's close to time for our date, we'll quietly go into the backyard. You can Digivolve then\

*All right Kari*

Time passed by pretty fast because it was ten until noon before Kari and Angel knew it. Tai came in to wish Kari good luck. He felt his jaw drop a little when he got a good look at Kari. If not for being her brother, he would've wished that he were the lucky person to be going out with her.

"You look beautiful," Tai said.

"Thanks Tai," Kari said.

"Good luck on your date," Tai said.

"Thanks," Kari said before she and Angel left.

They went into the backyard. Fortunately, no one was around. Then, Angel Digivolved. Then she and Kari thought about Davis and Veemon. They were then sent to the same place that they met Davis and Veemon yesterday to see that Veemon had already Digivolved. Davis and ExVeemon looked at Kari in awe. But then Davis smiled.

"You forgot something," Davis told Kari.

"What?" Kari asked.

Davis walked up to Kari and touched her head. Kari then felt some kind of weight on her head. Davis made a mirror appear in his hands. Kari blushed deeply when she saw what was on her head. She was wearing a silver tiara adorned with sapphires, emeralds, rubies and amethysts.

"Now your outfit is complete my princess," Davis said before changing his normal Digital World clothing into that in which a prince would wear.

Kari blushed even deeper upon seeing how good Davis looked as a prince. "I will always be your princess my prince," she said.

Now it was Davis's turn to blush. He regained his composure a few moments later. "Close your eyes Kari," he said.

"Why?" Kari asked.

"You'll find out my princess," Davis responded.

Kari smiled and closed her eyes. A few moments later, she felt like she was flying. She was nervous and a little scared because it was like she was soaring in thin air. "What's going on?" she asked a little nervous.

"Sit down and open your eyes. Trust me Kari. You won't fall," Davis responded.

Kari lowered herself down and felt that she sat on some kind of cloth. She opened her eyes and looked to see what she was sitting on. She was amazed to see that it was a rug. "Is this rug actually flying?" she asked.

"Yes it is," Davis responded.

"How can we be on a flying carpet{2}?" Kari asked.

"I created it with my magic," Davis responded. But the magic has only just begun," he added.

ExVeemon and Angel soon flew up too. They flew up hand in hand and were soon flying beside their partners. Kari just looked around her in complete awe. They were passing lots of white fluffy clouds. Davis and ExVeemon smiled.

"Ready ExVeemon?" Davis asked.

"Ready partner," ExVeemon responded before extending his free hand out.

Davis extended his free hand towards the clouds too. Little golden sparkles began to form around them. then sparkles then formed into balls of light before Davis and ExVeemon's hands. Then they sent the balls of light into the clouds. The clouds began glittering with golden sparkles. Kari and Angel were in speechless awe. They had never seen anything so beautiful before.

"This is incredible Davis. I feel that I can reach out and touch those sparkles," Kari said.

"Go on and touch them," Davis and ExVeemon said.

"Are you serious?" Kari asked.

"Yes Kari," Davis responded.

Kari reached out and felt the golden sparkles. She giggled because they tickled. Angel reached out and touched the sparkles with her free hand. The sparkles were soft to the touch. Then Kari gathered some of the sparkles in her hands and threw them up into the air. Then all the sparkles went higher into the air before gently raining down on the couples.

"A shower of sparkles. This is so magical," Kari said.

"And it's not over yet," ExVeemon said.

The couples then descended below the clouds but were still pretty high up in the air. The sparkle shower stopped an hour later. Then Davis extended his arm again, a soft blue hue engulfing it. He looked down and saw that they were over the ocean.

'Perfect. Now Kari and Angel will really be amazed at what happens next,' Davis thought. He pointed his hand towards the water.

A portion of the ocean glowed blue before slowly coming up. The water coming out of the ocean started to slowly swirl. It slowly formed an arch over the two couples. Forming the arch was only half of the trick. ExVeemon's hand glowed a soft green, and the water changed to a soft green color. The sun's light gave the water golden sparkles.

"Wow. I wouldn't have believed this if not for seeing it with my own eyes," Kari said in awe.

"Me too," Angel agreed, also in awe.

The water arch moved with the two couples. But it didn't stay green. For it had turned into the remaining six colors of the rainbow. Then as a finale, Davis shot a rainbow-colored aura at the water arch. The watery arch turned into a beautiful rainbow.

"It's so beautiful," Angel said before letting go of ExVeemon's hand and flying through the rainbow.

"Let's join her," Davis said before the carpet also flew through the rainbow.

ExVeemon smiled and followed. They flew all over the rainbow, enjoying seeing themselves change color as they went through the different sections. The rainbow faded out an hour and a half later. Then they found some fruit trees. They picked their fill of the fruit before landing to eat it.

"Flying through those sparkles and the rainbow were so much fun," Kari said half an hour later.

"All that's happened so far was only half of what ExVeemon and I have planned for you," Davis said.

"What's the other half?" Kari and Angel asked. Then they felt something covering their eyes.

"We can't have the surprise being blown now," ExVeemon said. He and Davis made it so that Kari and Angel couldn't feel anything.

The flying carpet flew above the ocean and slowly descended beneath the surface. Once Davis and Kari were completely underwater, the carpet disappeared from underneath them. ExVeemon had taken Angel's hand again and led her into the ocean too. Because of Davis and ExVeemon's magic, Kari and Angel couldn't feel that they were underwater yet. Davis and Veemon made the finishing touches before removing Kari and Angel's blindfolds.

Angel then looked around and saw that she was underwater. She panicked a little but soon found out that she could breathe. When she looked at her legs, she was awestruck. Instead of legs, a beautiful white fin made up the second half of her body. She then looked at Kari.

Kari's outfit, with the exception of her tiara, had been removed. Kari now had seashells on her breast. But the most beautiful change was the pink and gold fin that replaced her legs.

"You've got to see yourself Kari," Angel said.

Kari opened her eyes to see herself underwater. She was surprised to hear Angel talking. She looked up at Angel and gasped. Where Angel's legs should've been, there was a white fin instead. Then Kari looked down at her legs, only to see a pink and gold fin in their place.

"How is this possible?" Kari asked.

"When it comes to magic, anything is possible. The reason that you and Angel can breathe here is because ExVeemon and I are supplying your oxygen as well as our own," Davis responded.

Kari turned around and looked at her lover. She blushed five shades of red. Davis also didn't have clothes on anymore, revealing a swimmer's body. His body was lean but it revealed muscle in all the right places. In place of Davis's legs was a silver tail like you would see on a dolphin. Davis then took Kari's hand before the two lovers started swimming out.

ExVeemon took Angel's hand and followed Davis and Kari. There was coral all around them. Davis and ExVeemon inhaled and blew the water. The many bubbles that they blew went into the coral. A moment later, the coral gave off multi-colored lights. It was a breathtaking sight. The many colors the coral gave off lit the ocean around it like a Christmas tree.

"This is so amazing," Kari said, looking at the lit reef.

The two couples were out of the reef area an hour later. They then stopped so Kari could rest. Half an hour later, the two couples were on the move again. Davis and ExVeemon then stretched out their free arms again. They then moved their arms in a cross-like motion. Soon, Angel and Kari felt like they were going through the twilight zone.

Although the two couples were underwater, their surroundings became green, yellow and dark blue. Then Kari felt something under her fin, tickling her a little. She looked down to find a bed of bubbles supported her and Davis now. The bubble bed was now carrying them through the water.

It was the same for ExVeemon and Angel. Angel loved the feeling of the bubbles on her fin. She would've never thought that bubbles could ever keep their shape when something was on them. But these bubbles were holding strong and didn't look ready to pop anytime soon.

"This is like an underwater twilight zone," Kari said.

"And to think that bubbles could support our weight," Angel added.

The ride through the underwater twilight zone lasted an hour. Then then surroundings turned back to normal, and the bubbles underneath the two couples finally did pop. But the bubble experience wasn't over yet. Curtains of bubbles had then descended on the two couples.

"What should I do?" Kari asked.

"Part them like you would a regular curtain as we swim through them," Davis responded before swimming and parting the bubble curtains.

Kari soon caught up to him. She parted the curtains of bubbles as she swam up to them. Angel also parted the curtains of bubbles she came to. Kari and Angel didn't know it yet, but the parting of the bubble curtains led to the finale of the date. They reached the area forty-five minutes later. The sight that beheld Kari and Angel left them in universal awe. Davis and ExVeemon had led them to the fabled golden city of Atlantis. Even though it had been uninhabited for thousands of years, it sill held its golden shine.

"I always thought that Atlantis was only a story," Kari said.

"I did too until I came swimming down here one day. Believe me Kari; I was as awestruck as you are when I saw it. Let's do some exploring shall we?" Davis said.

Kari and Angel nodded before they let their lovers guide them through the city. To Kari, this was like living a dream. She had always dreamed about what Atlantis may have looked like. But Atlantis looked grander than she could ever dream of. The water around the city shimmered as well, making it a double awe-inspiring sight.

An hour later, they were out of the shining city of Atlantis. They looked up and saw that the surface of the water had darkened. As a closing part, Davis created a water geyser to carry him and Kari to the surface. ExVeemon did the same for himself and Angel. The water geysers gently deposited them on land before going back into the water where they came from.

After Kari was dried off, her clothes began to appear on her body again. Then her fin changed back into a pair of legs. Angel's fin then became a pair of legs again as well. Then the two couples disappeared from the Digital World and reappeared in front of Davis's house. Kari wrapped her arms around Davis's neck.

"Thank you so much Davis. I had a wonderful time," Kari said.

Davis wrapped his arms around Kari's waist. "Anytime my princess," he said before he and Kari kissed again.

They pulled away when they needed to breathe. ExVeemon and Angel had Dedigivolved before they also kissed. Then Kari and Angel headed home. Tai was in the living room when Kari opened the door.

"How was your date?" Tai asked.

"It was wonderful Tai. I had the time of my life," Kari responded as Angel nodded.

"I'm glad," Tai said. 'Way to go TK,' he secretly added. He would find out that TK didn't take Kari out sooner than Kari, Angel, Davis and Veemon would like. But for now, he was just happy for his little sister.

Kari knew that here brother thought that TK took her out. 'If only you knew Tai. TK could never do all the things that happened on my date. It was so magical,' she thought. \Thanks again for the magical date Davis\

/You're very welcome. I'm just glad you enjoyed yourself/

Kari then had dinner. She showered half an hour later before going to her room. All she and Angel could think about now was their magical dates with Davis and Veemon. The enchanting date even filled their dreams when they went to bed that night. The date was something that they would never forget.




Well, here's the end of another chapter. This is my first attempt at a romance scene so please go easy on me. The idea for this had actually just popped into my head, and I thought it was good enough to write down. But let's move on. Preview for Chapter 5: A Greater Evil: Ken and Wormmon meet more of Davis and Veemon's Digimon friends. But deep within the Digital World, a sinister alliance of huge proportions is forming. Who are these sinister Digimon? The answer might or might not surprise you.

{1} This is a paraphrase from one of my favorite Scripture passages. The Scripture is 1 Corinthians 13:5, and it deals with love. In saying this though, I am not criticizing you for what you believe about love so please don't take this too seriously. You have your beliefs just like I have mine, and I completely accept that.

{2} I thought that the carpet scene from Aladdin(which I don't own) when Aladdin and Jasmine soared through the air was a very romantic scene. That's why I decided to do a flying carpet scene, but with my own little twist to it.