Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Enemy's Friendship ❯ A Greater Evil ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Davis and Kari had spent a wonderful afternoon riding on their friend Dameg, while Angelda followed carrying Veemon and Gatomon. During the flight, both couples shared their first kiss. After the flight, Kari and Gatomon found out that Veemon could normally Digivolve on his own. Soon after, Gatomon also Digivolved. Then she was given the name Angel. When the couples went their separate ways, Kari and Angel discovered that they could now talk to Davis and Veemon mentally. The next day was truly a day of enchantment. Davis and ExVeemon had taken Kari and Angel from above the clouds to the beautiful underwater city of Atlantis.
/ is Davis mental talk
// is mental talk for all of Veemon's Digivolutions
\ is Kari mental talk
* is mental talk for all of Angel's Digivolutions
' is thoughts






Chapter 5: A Greater Evil

The weekend was just about over. But it wasn't a total flop for Kari and Angel. They had had the most wonderful time with Davis and Veemon. The date was all they could think about. What happened was a dream come true for both of them. Kari had just about got finished getting ready for school. She had a quick breakfast before getting ready to go.

"Wait Kari," Tai said.

"What is it Tai?" Kari asked.

"I wanted to walk you to school before heading to my own school," Tai responded.

"All right Tai," Kari said before she and her brother headed out the door.

It was a quiet walk to school. When Kari was settled inside the school, Tai then went to his high school. Kari was saddened that Davis was no longer at Odaiba Jr. High. She had really hoped that Davis would come back, but that appeared to be a long time coming.

\Davis?\

/Yes Kari/

\Where is school for you now?\

/Veemon and I are at Ken's school now/

\I'm pretty lonely without you here\

/The option of transferring here is up to you. I really like it here. The students here respect me for who I really am unlike your 'partners'/

\I don't think my 'partners' will respect you any time soon. They still view you as the ultimate villain\

/I no longer care what they think of me Kari. I've let them get to me for way too long. I better go before the teacher finds me looking off into space/

\Okay, we'll talk later\

/Bye/

\Bye\ She looked around the room and saw that her fellow Digidestined stared at her strangely. She just shrugged and now focused on the teacher.

The other younger Digidestined could only describe how Kari looked in one way. It looked like Kari had spaced out. She looked like she was in a trance. They would ask her about that later.

At the end of the day, Davis, Veemon and Ken went to the Digital World. Dameg, Whitefire, Angelda were there to greet them. There were also four other Digimon there as well. One of the four new Digimon looked a lot like Angemon. But this one had one pair of wings whereas Angemon had three pairs. This Digimon was called Piddomon. But the thing that made him look different from other Piddomon was that he had golden robes instead of white and pink ones. His name was Angold.

Another of the Digimon was a very strange one. This Digimon looked like a cross between a human and an army tank. He was called Tankmon. But his tank parts were dark gray instead of green, and he had green eyes. His name was Armie.

The third of the four Digimon was a Digimon that TK and Kari had jumped to conclusions about. This Digimon was a Myotismon. But this Myotismon was not like the one from 4 1/2 years ago. This one was a lot kinder. The color of his clothing was different as well. Instead of his clothing being mostly black, it was dark blue. He also didn't have what looked like paint on his face. If not for the fangs coming out of his mouth, he would've looked completely human. His name was Vampy. Vampy was very grateful to Davis and Veemon because he would've been dead if they didn't find him.

| Flashback |

About three months ago, Davis and Veemon were peacefully strolling through the Digital World. Things had been going better for them since they quit the Digidestined. They had found a good friend in Ken and Wormmon.

"So what should we do Davis?" Veemon asked.

Davis was about to respond when he and Veemon heard a moan. By how the moan sounded, whomever it came from was in major pain.

"What was that?" Veemon asked.

"It sounds like someone's in a lot of pain Veemon. Let's go check it out," Davis responded.

Davis and Veemon followed the painful moaning. Five minutes later, they came to the source of the moaning and gasped. It was a wounded Digimon. The Digimon was barely able to keep himself from dispersing into data particles.

"What happened to you?" Davis asked as he rushed to the Digimon's side.

"I was just out for a walk when a group of humans and their Digimon attacked me. I had never seen them before in my life, but the ones called TK and Kari said that they thought I had been destroyed 4 1/2 years ago. I tried to defend myself against them, but they overpowered me even though I am supposed to be stronger than they are," the Digimon responded.

"Let us help you," Veemon said. He put his hand onto the wounded Digimon's chest as a violet aura covered his hand.

The injured Digimon felt the power coursing through him and saw his wounds closing. A few moments later, he was completely healed. He stood up without trouble immediately afterward. "How did you do that?" he asked, completely amazed.

"My friend next to me here gave me the ability. He's a mage," Veemon asked.

"What's a mage?" the now healed Digimon asked.

"A mage is a person who can perform strong magic," Davis responded.

"Well thank you very much. I owe you two my life. I'm Myotismon, a vampire Digimon," the Digimon said.

"I'm Davis and this is my friend and partner Veemon," Davis said. "If you want, I can help you to become human whenever you want."

"How can you do that?" Myotismon asked.

"For me, something like that is very simple," Davis responded as he stretched his arm towards Myotismon.

Myotismon felt a comforting aura around him. He looked at his fangs to see them shrinking into his mouth. Then he saw his clothing change. He was now wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans. White sneakers covered his feet. Then the aura dissipated. He looked into the nearby pond and saw that his skin was now tanned. He made a little scratch on hismelf and saw blood forming. Davis healed the scratch. He and Veemon knew that Vampy was just trying his human form out.

"Thank you so much. Now I don't have to worry about the Digidestined trying to kill me. But how do I return to my normal state?" Myotismon asked.

"It's all in the mind my friend. Just think about your true form, and you will change back to your normal self. But with a couple of changes, Vampy," Davis said. "The same is for wherever you want to be human. Just picture your human form, and you will become human."

Myotismon smiled. "I like that name. But what about when I'm human?" he said.

"You can be called Drake," Davis suggested.

"I like the sound of that. My name as a human will be Drake," Vampy said. Then he strolled along with Davis and Veemon.

| End Flashback |

The fourth Digimon was a Rookie-level Digimon. This Digimon looked like an Agumon, except that she was white instead of orange. This was a SnoAgumon. But this Digimon had golden eyes and had aqua streaks going across her body. She was called Bluice (Blue-ice). But underestimating her isn't wise because she can Digivolve all the way to her Mega form at a moment's notice.

Her Mega form is Blizzard WarGreyamon(A/N: If you're wondering about the spelling, I did it to fit Bluice's gender. I don't know if there is a such Digimon as Blizzard WarGreymon so consider this one of some made up Digimon you'll see as the story progresses). The six new Digimon left Ken and Wormmon confused.

"I know Dameg. Who are the other six Digimon Davis?" Ken said.

"Ken, I would like you to meet Angelda. She looks a little like Lady Devimon, but her attitude and personality are the complete opposite. The white Meramon is Whitefire. The one that looks like Angemon is actually a Piddomon. His name is Angold. Our next friend is unique even without his different coloring. He is Armie, and he's a Tankmon.

Our next friend got into a little trouble with the Digidestined because they quickly jumped to conclusions about him. TK and Kari thought that he was the same evil Digimon they faced before. But this Myotismon here is a lot kinder than the one they faced. As you can see, the majority of his clothing is now dark blue instead of black. He is called Vampy. The last Digimon is a SnoAgumon. Her name is Bluice. It's true that she's a Rookie, but she can go all the way to her Mega level," Davis responded.

"How did she accomplish it?" Wormmon asked.

"I accomplished it through the training that Davis and Veemon have with me and the others. The training that we go through helps us to become stronger each day. That's why we're stronger than we would normally be," Bluice responded.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet all of you," Ken said as Wormmon nodded.

"The pleasure is all ours actually. Anyone who Davis and Veemon can fully trust gains our full trust as well," Angold said.

Meanwhile in a different part of the Digital World, a sinister alliance was taking place. This alliance would be a blast from the past for TK, Kari and the older Digidestined. The Digimon in this forming alliance were the Dark Masters, VenomMyotismon and Apocalymon. Piedmon found a way to use the Gate of Destiny's power to increase his own. That's how he was able to escape it, and he was more powerful than ever now because of it.

The others had been reborn just as evil as they ever were. But now, they're even stronger than they were at first. That's because they were somehow reborn in the darkest sector of the Digital World. VenomMyotismon and Apocalymon are part of the Dark Masters now.

"I'd say that those kids are going to be in for a big surprise," the jester Digimon known as Piedmon said.

"Yes they will. I can't wait to get payback on those insignificant little pests," the large metal Digimon named Machinedramon said.

"It will soon be playtime," the small wooden Digimon Puppetmon added.

"With their Digimon unable to go to Ultimate or Mega anymore, they'll easily be at our mercy," the giant metal snake Digimon known as MetalSeadramon said.

"We need to strategize nevertheless. Even though we have a big power advantage over them, one slipup can destroy everything for us," the giant vampire digimon VenomMyotismon said.

"VenomMyotismon is right. We all ended up losing to those Digidestined due to one little mistake. The human proverb 'Learn from your mistakes' is a very helpful one," the Digimon known as Apocalymon said.

The others nodded and began planning the first act of their revenge against the Digidestined. Meanwhile, Kari and Angel had just arrived in Ken's base. Davis, Veemon, Ken and Wormmon smiled upon their arrival.

"So how was your day?" Veemon asked.

"I had a close call today. The other Digidestined had seen my facial expression when I mentally spoke with Davis. I told them that I was thinking about something really important and left it at that," Kari responded.

"So, are you here to partner up with me as well?" Ken asked.

"Angel and I have been thinking about it since the weekend. We decided to become your partners. If Davis and Veemon can fully trust you, we'll trust you as well," Kari said.

"Is Angel your name now Gatomon?" Wormmon asked.

"That's right Wormmon," Angel responded.

"I think that a reintroduction is in order then," Davis said.

"What do you mean?" Kari and Angel asked.

"This is what he means," Ken responded before removing his shades so Kari and Angel could see his eyes.

Kari and Angel gasped. "Ken? You're the Digimon Emperor?"

"Yes Kari, Angel. I am the Digimon Emperor," Ken responded.

But then Kari and Angel's shocked looks disappeared. They had thought about what happened when Davis and Ken were at the park; of how Ken looked at the others. It was a look of anger and disappointment for how Davis and Veemon were treated. Kari then smiled at Ken.

"You and Davis really are friends now aren't you?" Kari asked.

"Yes we are. For a little while, I was surprised myself at how well we worked together as a team," Ken responded.

Just then, Davis, Veemon, Kari and Angel gasped out loud. They had never felt such darkness before.

"What is it guys?" Whitefire asked.

"We have big trouble," Davis started.

"There is a great darkness in the Digital World," Kari finished.

"Now I feel it too. The amount of power is unbelievable," Angold added.

"We all can," Angelda said as the other Digimon nodded.

"What do you mean by a great darkness?" Ken asked.

"A powerful evil is lurking in the Digital World. But I feel that it's not just one being," Veemon responded.

"I can't believe this. I can feel that it's the Dark Masters, VenomMyotismon and Apocalymon. TK, the older Digidestined and I destroyed them," Kari said.

"They must have all been reborn, and Piedmon found some way of escaping Magna Angemon's Gate of Destiny," Angel said. "I need to become stronger if I'm going to stand a chance against them now. It seems as though those Digimon are a lot stronger than when we first faced them."

"We can help you with that Angel," Davis said.

"That will be good. What do I need to do?" Angel said.

"Just come to the Digital World every afternoon. My Digimon friends and I will help you train. You need to be strong not only physically, but mentally as well. Our training will help you in both areas," Davis said.

"I'll do it Davis," Angel said.

"I want to help too," Wormmon said. "That is if it's okay with you master," he added.

"I'm all for it," Ken said.

"Very well, my Digimon friends and I will help Wormmon and Angel train starting tomorrow," Davis said. "I think that it will be good for you to train as well Kari. I can feel the magic in you growing stronger. You will need to learn how to control it or you can do serious damage with it."

Kari, Angel, Ken and Wormmon nodded before Kari and Angel returned home. It was only a few minutes later that Tai had come into the room. Kari and Angel saw that he wasn't too happy about something. He approached Kari and sat on the bed.

"Who did you go out with this past Saturday?" Tai asked.

Kari and Angel gasped. 'He wasn't supposed to find out that we didn't go out with TK and Patamon,' they thought.

"What do you mean?" Kari asked a little fearfully.

"I just got off the phone with TK. He told me that he didn't take you out on a date this past Saturday," Tai responded. He then saw something flicker in the light and saw a bracelet around Kari's wrist. "Who gave you that bracelet?" he asked.

"It was a gift," Kari responded.

"From who?" Tai asked sternly.

Kari sighed. There was no use stalling anymore. When Tai spoke to her sternly, he wasn't going to stop being stern until he got the answer he was looking for. She secretly wished that he wouldn't have found out.

"It was from Davis," Kari responded truthfully.

"What? You mean that you went out with him?" Tai asked incredulously.

"Yes Tai, and I had the most wonderful time with him," Kari responded.

"You need to stay away from him Kari. He's dangerous," Tai said.

"He's only dangerous because that's what you made him be. I've realized my mistake. Why can't you realize yours?" Kari retorted.

"Do not ever take that tone of voice with me. I don't want you going anywhere near Davis again. Give me the bracelet," Tai said.

"No Tai. I won't give it to you," Kari said defiantly.

"Then I have no choice but to take it from you. Sorry that I have to do this Kari. But it is for your own good," Tai said before trying to remove the bracelet. The moment he touched it however, a strong electric pulse went through his body, sending him flying into the wall. "What on earth was that?"

"It appears that you can't take this bracelet off," Kari responded. She was very relieved that Tai couldn't remove the bracelet.

Despite what happened the first time, Tai got back up and tried to remove the bracelet again. He screamed as an even stronger electric pulse went through his body, sending him flying into the wall again.

"I suggest not trying that again," a familiar voice said before it became visible.

Kari turned around and was very relieved upon seeing the familiar figure by the window. "Davis!" she cried before rushing over to him and holding on for dear life, her body shaking with uncontrollable sobs.

"It's all right Kari. It's all right," Davis said comfortingly as he wrapped her up in a warm and secure embrace.

"How did you know about this?" Kari asked, still shaking.

"I felt your fear through our link. I wondered what made you so terrified so I became visible upon appearing by the window," Davis said. /Veemon is here as well. He'll become visible if the need comes for it/ Then he turned an icy glare on Tai.

Tai glared back at Davis with just as much iciness. "What have you done to my sister?" he asked.

"I'm surprised at you Tai. I still love Kari very much and I would never to anything to harm her," Davis responded.

"How come that bracelet shocked me?" Tai demanded.

"That was the bracelet's defense. Aside from Veemon and me, no one can take it off accept Kari," Davis responded.

"Why you and Veemon?" Tai asked.

"Because Davis is the one who created the bracelet," Kari responded.

"Don't try to remove Angel's bracelet either because you'll get the same result. The only ones capable of removing it are Angel, Veemon or myself. Veemon can remove Kari and Angel's bracelet's as well because he also has magical powers," Davis said.

"How can a Digimon know magic?" Tai demanded.

"I know magic because Davis taught me how to do it and use it," Veemon responded as he also became visible.

"Who's Angel?" Tai then asked.

"That would be me," a familiar cat Digimon responded.

"Gatomon? You're with them too?" Tai asked in total shock.

"Yes Tai. Like Kari, I have realized my mistakes," Angel responded before walking towards Davis and the still shaking Kari. "We should get away from here for a while Davis. Kari can use something to help her calm down right now," she added.

Davis nodded. "You got your work cut out for you now Tai. You just made your own sister afraid of you," he said.

Tai still stood in shock after hearing that Gatomon had a name as well. In a few seconds, Davis, Veemon, Kari and Angel had vanished into thin air. They reappeared in the Digital World. Kari and Angel then met the four new Digimon. They felt guilty and very sorry for jumping to conclusions about Vampy.

"We're sorry about taking part in almost killing you Vampy. We let our past with another Myotismon cloud our judgment," Kari and Angel said.

"Think nothing of it. I understand now. Just remember that the outcome isn't always good when you jump to conclusions," Vampy said.

Kari and Angel nodded. Then Kari and Angel explained what happened. Since Kari and Angel would be in the Digital World for a while longer, it was decided that Kari, Angel and Wormmon would start their training right away. The first part of the training dealt with sparring. Davis and Veemon went easy on Kari to start. But they knew that Kari would get the hang of it in due time.

Meanwhile, the Dark Masters were almost ready to make their first move in their revenge against the Digidestined. They had learned about there being more Digidestined now. They hadn't learned about Davis yet, which would be mistake number one.

"The stage has been set yet again my fellow sinister comrades. The time has come for the curtain to fall on the Digidestined once and for all," Piedmon said.

"I agree Piedmon. The Digidestined will soon find out just how much more powerful we've become since they last defeated us," MetalSeadramon said.




Uh-oh! It looks like the Digidestined are going to be in quite a bit of trouble huh? Now that the original Dark Masters are back, and two more evil Digimon have joined them, things will go downhill fast. Preview for Chapter 6: The Dark Masters Return: Kari, Angel and Wormmon continue their training so they will stand a good chance against the Dark Masters. Another of the Digidestined begins to realize the mistake that he made.

I'll let you know now that the Digidestined I mean is Cody. But he won't be joining up with Davis and Veemon until Chapter 7 so this is a little heads up for what will be happening in Chapter 7.