Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Old Digimon's Vengeance ❯ Outside Trouble ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Takato and Growlmon had returned from the Digital World and relaxed in the park. In another area of the city, Hypnos was hard at work on a Digimon clone experiment. They fused a Gorillamon's data with an army man's DNA. The experiment quickly got out of control and escaped. It targeted Takato, but Guilmon drove the mutant Digimon off. Now Gorillamon's back, and Growlmon is about to fight it.
/ is Takato mental talk
// is mental talk for all of Guilmon's Digivolutions
' is thoughts






Chapter 5: Outside Trouble

Growlmon had landed on the building Gorillamon was on. It was a large building so he didn't have to worry about it crumbling under his weight. He had not too long ago put Takato in a helicopter after getting him out of a thick forest.

"I'm going to pulverize you," Gorillamon said.

"You're the one who's going to be pulverized you furball," Growlmon retorted.

Gorillamon growled angrily before attacking. "Energy Cannon!" he yelled before the attack streamed for Growlmon.

"Not so fast furball! Pyro Blaster!" Growlmon shouted.

The attacks cancelled each other out. Gorillamon quickly fired another Energy Cannon. Growlmon sidestepped the attack. Then he moved closer to Gorillamon. The blade under his elbow came out.

"Dragon Slash!" he shouted. He swung his arm at Gorillamon.

Gorillamon screamed in pain as the electrical-like energy came in contact with him. Then Growlmon tail whacked Gorillamon into the door of the stairwell. Gorillamon got up and aimed his gun.

"Gattling Arm!" Gorillamon shouted.

"Pyro Blaster!" Growlmon shouted.

Growlmon's attack melted the bullets. Then Growlmon came in for the final attack.

"I would hold it right there if I were you. That is if you don't want to see your friend die," a voice said.

Growlmon turned and saw Devimon. Devimon's fist was pointed to the helicopter with Takato in it. Gorillamon took advantage of the distraction. He fired an Energy Cannon. Growlmon roared in pain.

"Aaahhh!" Takato screamed.

"What's wrong?" Yamaki asked.

"I can feel Growlmon's pain," Takato responded, holding his chest.

"Demon Wind!" Devimon shouted, flapping his wings.

The strong wind shook the helicopter. A few moments later, Takato got shaken out.

"Takato!" Growlmon cried. He dove after his falling Tamer. He soon flew under.

Takato fell onto Growlmon's back. Growlmon flew back up to find Devimon and Gorillamon gone.

"Are you all right Takato?" Growlmon asked.

"I'll...be fine," Takato responded. He felt Growlmon's energy flow through him and soon he felt much better. "Thanks buddy. I'm much better now," he said.

"Anytime," Growlmon said before heading home. He couldn't help but wonder where Gorillamon went.

Meanwhile, Devimon was back at Mt. Infinity. Gorillamon was with him. Gorillamon hated being a real gorilla. He yearned to be a data creature again. Devimon saw the look in Gorillamon's eyes and knew what Gorillamon wanted.

"You can become data again my furry friend," Devimon said.

"But how can I when there's human DNA inside me?" Gorillamon asked.

"My Demon Mist can control Digimon. But it can also undo damage that a human has caused to a Digimon," Devimon responded.

"You don't have to control me. I'll do as you command if you can really change me back into data," Gorillamon said.

"Very well then," Devimon said. "Demon Mist!"

Gorillamon saw the silver and black mist heading for him. The mist soon coursed through him. He looked at himself and saw himself chaning. His brown fur became white. A few moments later, Gorillamon was a full Digimon again.

"I'm very grateful to you. What is your desire?" Gorillamon said.

"I want the boy Takato brought to me," Devimon said.

"As you wish. Personally, I would like to bet back at him," Gorillamon said.

"Oh believe me my friend, you will. I just want something from him. After I get what I want, you can kill him ahahaha," Devimon said.

Gorillamon smirked. He couldn't wait to get his revenge on Takato. Meanwhile, Growlmon had landed at Takato's house. He put Takato on the ground before Dedigivolving. Then he and Takato went inside. Devimon decided to pay Takato a little surprise visit. He created a portal inside Takato's room. A fog appeared in the Takato's room. After Devimon and Gorillamon came through, the fog disappeared. Takato and Guilmon were in the kitchen, eating lunch.

"Well Guilmon, I'm heading bakc to my room. I need a nap," Takato said. He turned to go to his room.

Guilmon's eyes went feral. He knew that two Digimon were in the house. "Don't go in there Takato," Guilmon warned.

"Why shouldn't I Guilmon?" Takato asked in confusion.

"Two Digimon are in there," Guilmon responded.

"Let's go in together then," Takato said.

Guilmon nodded and walked with Takato. They slowly made their way to Takato's room.

//What should I do?//

/Fire your Pyro Sphere at the door/

"Pyro Sphere!" Guilmon shouted.

The attack blasted the door down, knocking back two surprised Digimon. Guilmon ran into the room; Takato came in soon after. They saw Devimon and a now fully digital Gorillamon getting up. Devimon only smirked though.

"Your dino Digimon is more of a challenge than I thought. Not much can get past him," Devimon said.

"You will not use Takato for your evil purposes," Guilmon said. "I won't let you."

"Oh but you won't have a choice. I have ways of getting what I want. I'm not going to let a puny Rookie like you stop me," Devimon said. "Take him out Gorillamon."

Gorillamon smirked before taking aim at Guilmon. "Energy Cannon!" he shouted before firing the energy at Guilmon.

Guilmon was against a corner. He had no chance at avoiding the energy attack. The attack was too close to be cancelled out. He would end up getting hurt either way.

"Guilmon!" Takato cried helplessly, as time seemed to slow down. Suddenly, he felt a burst of energy.

It was the same feeling of power as the first day he first discovered it. He looked to see a bright red aura around him. Then he ran in front of Guilmon. The attack hit. When the smoke cleared, Takato was still covered in the aura. He didn't have a scratch on him. Guilmon was just fine too.

"How did you do that Takato?" Guilmon asked.

"I don't know Guilmon," Takato responded. He then collapsed from exhaustion, the red aura completely fading.

"It seems as though he doesn't have complete control yet," Devimon said smirking.

Guilmon grabbed Takato and leaped out of the open window. He spread his wings and flew away from the house. "Don't worry Takato. I won't let them take you," he said.

"What should we do now?" Gorillamon asked.

"You head back to Mt. Infinity. I'll go after lizard breath. He's got another thing coming if he thinks he can escape me," Devimon responded.

Gorillamon nodded and went through a dark portal that suddenly appeared. After the portal disappeared, Devimon went to and leaped out of the open window. He soon closed the gap on Guilmon.

"I'll get the boy from you sooner or later. So why don't you just give up?" Devimon said.

"I'll never give up. You'll never have Takato," Guilmon said, not stopping or slowing down for a moment.

"You'll have to give him to me once you're under my control. Demon Mist!" Devimon said.

The silver and black mist headed straight for Guilmon. Guilmon quickly turned around and delivered a Pyro Blaster at the mist. The red beam of energy evaporated some of the mist but not all of it. Guilmon's attack ended up splitting some of the mist apart while destroying the other part.

"That's the beauty of my Demon Mist. You won't be able to destroy it all at once. Can you really destroy it all before you tire out?" Devimon said.

//He's right. I'm starting to get tired. I won't be able to stay in the air much longer//

/Take this then/ He then went unconscious for totally overexerting his energy.

Guilmon felt the energy boost. 'Thanks Takato,' he thought. Then he used his Pyro Sphere until the mist was completely destroyed. Then he landed and put Takato down. He felt that Takato was still weak from what happened in his room, and giving Guilmon the energy boost made Takato even weaker.

"Well it looks like I underestimated your little partner. He's even more of a worthy prize now," Devimon said.

"You won't have him," Guilmon said.

Devimon smirked. Not liking the smirk, Guilmon held Takato close before Digivolving to Growlmon. Devimon's smirk never faltered. Suddenly, Growlmon felt dizzy. He didn't know what was going on.

"You're feeling the effects of my Illusion Demon Mist. It's like my Demon Mist except I'm under complete control of the mist. No Digimon has been able to detect this mist, which is why it's called Illusion Demon Mist. Now, hand me the boy," Devimon said.

Growlmon did his best to fight against the evil mist. He would not give his Tamer up. But it appeared to be a loosing battle. Growlmon was yielding to the mist. He began to put Takato down. Devimon's smirk grew wider.

'I'm finally going to have him,' Devimon thought.

Suddenly, Growlmon's viral instinct kicked in. Growlmon snapped out of his daze and brought his hand back up. Unfotunately, the Illusion Demon Mist had affected his viral instincts. His eyes had narrowed all the way into slits.

The reaction of the Illusion Demon Mist and Growlmon's viral instinct was so powerful that Growlmon began to glow crimson red. Growlmon gave a low and menacing growl. His body began to change. His legs started melding together, and he grew even taller. His body was soon large and snake like. A large black hazard symbol had formed on his chest. His head and hands were covered in armor with long, razor sharp claws extending from his armored hands. He opened his mouth to reveal rows of fanged teeth.

Devimon just watched all this in horror. 'My mist has never had this effect on a Digimon before. Why is ths one so different?' he thought. He knew that he should retreat for now. 'I'll leave for now. But now I know that I have to find a way to control that Digimon.' He then disappeared.

But things weren't looking good for anyone. This terrifying version of Guilmon had only one thing on his mind: destruction. Taking Takato with him, he made a path towards the unsuspecting city. Soon, the city would know just how terrifying a Digimon could be. The Digimon gave an evil smirk. The Illusion Demon Mist was still in him, making him more insanely evil than he already was. After all, this mist did b ring him into the world. Soon the people would feel the unforgiving punishment of Megidramon.


Uh-oh! It looks like Devimon had unintentionally created a monster. Now that Megidramon is here, things are starting to look horrible for West Shinjiku. Preview for Chapter 6: The Digimon of Destruction: Megidramon is in the city, taking great pleasure in seeing and hearing all the chaos that he creates. With the other Tamers' Digmon only able to Digivolve to Champion, there's not to much hope for West Shinjiku. The only one who can stop Megidramon is Takato. But Takato is still unconscious and Megidramon is still holding Takato. How can Megidramon be stopped now? You'll just have to stay tuned to find out.


I am very glad that I was finally able to get this out after ten months. The idea of creating Megidramon just popped into my head, and I was able to finish this chapter quicker than I thought. To clarify how Megidramon was brought into being a little more, Growlmon's viral instincts are very strong. When the Illusion Demon Mist affected his viral instincts, it caused a dramatic increase in hazard power. The power increase was so large, that instead of Growlmon becoming something like Black Growlmon, he went all the way to the terrifying Digimon known as Megidramon.

This is an AU story, which means that anything goes. You don't want to turn away now because things have just begun to heat up.