Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Old Digimon's Vengeance ❯ The Digimon of Destruction ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Growlmon and Gorillamon had engaged in a heated battle.  But Devimon's intrusion had forced Growlmon to call the battle off.  Gorillamon, sick and tired of because flesh and blood, was turned into a data creature again courtesy of Devimon's Demon Mist.  Then Devimon and Gorillamon tried to capture Takato again.  That ended up in an aerial chase between Guilmon and Devimon.  Devimon attempted to bring Guilmon under his control, but some additional help from Takato prevented that.  But when Devimon used his Illusion Demon Mist on Growlmon, it caused a Hazard Digivolution, and Megidramon was born.
/ is Takato mental talk
// is mental talk for all of Guilmon's Digivolutions
' is thoughts






     &n bsp;                            Chapter 6: The Digimon of Destruction

A terrible nightmare in the form of a Digimon was heading straight for the city.  This Digimon was the horrifyingly powerful Megidramon.  He came to be when Devimon's Illusion Demon Mist reacted with his viral instincts.  Now the insane and evil Digimon was moments away from creating chaos.

At the Nonaka residence, Renamon was on high alert.  She had been napping in the Sakura tree when she felt a gigantic power headed towards the city.  She knew that it was a Digimon, but she had never felt a Digimon with so much power.  'What could be giving off so much power?' she thought.

Meanwhile at the Wong residence, Terriermon also felt the very powerful Digimon.  "Henry, there's a very powerful Digimon coming this way."

"Let's go check it out then," Henry said.  He picked up his D-arc and cards before heading downstairs and out the door.

Meanwhile, Rika and Renamon were also on their way to confront the Digimon.  But the Digimon would end up confronting them.  Five minutes later, all hell broke loose.  Buildings had began to break apart and crumble to the ground.  Megidramon had arrived.  Megidramon's presence alone had caused the builidings to crumble.  The hazard sign on his chest was glowing eerily, and red and black light shone out of it.  He was simply too powerful for the buildings to handle.  Then he opened his mouth as a large concentration of fire began to form.

"Megido Flame!" Megidramon shouted before shooting the large stream of fire from his mouth.

The very powerful stream of fire engulfed a preschool, obliterating it.  The screams of all the people inside were drowned out as the building was destroyed.  A few bricks were all that remained.  Multiple screams could still be heard from people trapped inside the crumbling buildings.

Meanwhile at Hypnos, the computers had a lot of trouble functioning properly.  Riley and Reika were hard at work trying to find out what was going on.  One moment, they were tracking a large power.  The next moment, the computers went haywire.

"What's going on here?" Yamaki asked.

"We don't know sir.  All we know is that a very powerful Digimon is out there.  It's probably causing this," Reika said.

"Try to get things working again.  I want to kow what that Digimon is and how to defeat it," Yamaki said.

Meanwhile, Kyuubimon and Gargomon were fighting a losing battle with Megidramon.  Even though Rika and Henry gave their partners card boosts, it wasn't close to enough.  Megidramon was pounding away at Gargomon and Kyuubimon.

"What level is that Digimon?" Rika asked.

Henry checked his D-arc.  He paled at what he found out.  "It says that he's a Mega," he responded.

"You're kidding right?" Rika asked.

"I'm afraid not.  We're facing a Mega Digimon," Henry responded.

"This is just great.  We have to find someway to beat an insane Digimon that's more powerful than we can handle," Rika said sarcastically.

But Henry had his eyes on something else.  Someone else to be exact.  He had just seen it for the first time since Gargomon and Kyuubimon faced off against Megidramon.  Takato was in Megidramon's hand.

"Takato!" Henry shouted.

"Takato?  Where is he?" Rika asked.

"Megidramon has him.  We have to get him away from Megidramon," Henry responded.

"How are we going to do that?  Megidramon will most likely not let us get near him to get to Takato," Rika said.

Kyuubimon and Gargomon were so weakened now that they reverted.  They barely had the strength to move.  Megidramon had done a big number on them.  Rika and Henry ran to their fallen partners.  Megidramon then resumed his reign of terror on West Shinjuku.

Meanwhile, Devimon watched all that happened.  He smirked at all the destruction that Megidramon caused.  'I couldn't have caused that much chaos and destruction so quickly.  He's definitely the Digimon that I can use.  All I have to do is find a way to control him.  When I do, nothing will be able to stop me from getting what I want,' he thought.

Meanwhile, Megidramon had retreated for the moment.  But a good chunk of West Shinjuku had been demolished in only a short time.  Henry and Rika could only look at the destruction Megidramon created.

"There's got to be a way to defeat that Digimon.  We can't let him destroy the city," Rika said desperately.

"Hey Henry, did something about that Digimon look familiar to you?" Terriermon managed to ask.

Henry thought about it for a moment.  "There was a hazard sign on his chest," Henry said.  He then made the connection immediately.  "Are you telling me that Guilmon somehow became that monster?"

Terriermon only nodded once.

"Devimon must be behind this.  Something must've happened to cause this to happen," Rika said.

"My thoughts exactly Rika," Henry said.

Meanwhile, Megidramon flew through the sky.  He then looked at the unconscious Takato in his hand.  Although Megidramon was insane and pretty evil, he still thought of Takato as his Tamer.  He gently stroked Takato's face.  Megidramon could feel how weak his Tamer still was.

'No one will get you Takato.  No one,' Megidramon thought.  He would gladly kill anyone who tried to take Takato way from him.  He knew that Devimon was still after Takato, but now his thinking was so warped that he viewed everyone except Takato as an enemy.

Meanwhile, Hypnos had gotten up and running for now.  The computers had stopped going haywire when Megidramon was out of the city.  Reika was able to pull something up on the powerful Digimon.

"Sir, we have a huge problem," Reika said.

"What is it?" Yamaki asked.

"By what the computer says, the Digimon that attacked is called Megidramon.  It is a Mega-level Digimon," Reika responded.

"Can we defeat it?" Yamaki asked.

"Not without wiping West Shinjuku off the map sir.  Megidramon's weakness is its hazard symbol, but the hazard symbol is also where its greatest power lies," Riley responded.

"Then we're at a complete standstill then.  The other Tamers couldn't do anything against Megidramon either.  Henry just called and told us about their battle," Yamaki said.

Meanwhile, Henry and Terriermon had made it to Takato's house.  Mrs. Matsuda saw Henry through the window and let him in.  She noticed the grim look in Henry's eyes.

"What's wrong?" Mrs. Matsuda asked.

"It's Guilmon.  Something must have happened between him and Devimon.  Whatever it was turned Guilmon into a monster called Megidramon.  He wiped out a good chunk of the city.  He left for the moment, taking Takato with him," Henry responded. 

"Megidramon took our son?  Takato could be in danger," Mr. Matsuda said worriedly.

"I really don't think so.  I have a feeling that somewhere in Megidramon's twisted mind is respect for Takato.  I also think that Takato is the only one who can bring Guilmon back," Henry said.

"How can that happen?" Mrs. Matsuda asked.

"We'll find a way.  Even if it kills us," Terriermon responded as Henry nodded.

West Shinjuku wouldn't have a lot of time to recover from Megidramon's merciless assault.  Gorillamon had entered the city and started causing trouble.  But his intention was to lure Megidramon back.  Devimon's Illusion Demon Mist was in the vicinity, but it wouldn't activate until Megidramon was in the area.  Devimon would stop at nothing to control Megidramon.  But Devimon would learn that his mist would have no additional effect on Megidramon.

During the needless attack on the city, Megidramon had eliminated the evil mist still inside of him.  It was a mental battle, but Megidramon won.  But Megidramon didn't need the mist to be evil because he was evil anyway.  Megidramon then headed back to the city.  He had sensed Gorillamon, intending to delete the Digimon for all it did to him and Takato.

'Prepare to die you insignificant little furball,' he thought.  He was in the city a little while later.  A few moments later, he confronted Gorillamon.

"Are you ready to join my master?" Gorillamon asked.

"Why would I want to join a weakling like him?" Megidramon asked in response, his voice low and beast like.

"Because you'll have no choice," Gorillamon responded.

Devimon activated his mist.  The invisible mist descended towards Megidramon.  But it evaporated upon contact with him.  That's because Megidramon had created a strong mental shield.  The evil mist had no chance at penetrating the shield.

"Tell your master that he will never control me," Megidramon said.

Gorillamon grew terrified upon hearing that.  The mist had failed.  Megidramon then put Takato down beside him.  Then Megidramon took a fighting stance.  He powered up his Megido Flame attack.  Meanwhile, Henry and Rika had also arrived.  They saw Megidramon put Takato down.  All they needed now was for Megidramon to move away from Takato long enough for them to get Takato out of there.

"If you want a fight, then you'll get one.  My master will have the boy," Gorillamon said.

"I'll be more than happy to grant his death wish," Megidramon said.  "Megido Flame!"

The large stream of fire rocketed towards Gorillamon.  Gorillamon managed to completely evade the attack.  The powerful stream of fire ended up completely obliterating a nearby gas station.  Unfortunately, the explosion had sent large embers in all directions.  Some of them set other buildings on fire.

"Energy Cannon!" Gorillamon shouted.

Megidramon roared in retaliation.  But this was no ordinary roar.  This roar easily negated the Energy Cannon.  Not only that, but it also blasted Gorillamon back a few hundred feet, as well as caused every building in the area to crumble.  This was known as Megidramon's Hell's Howling attack.  Megidramon then charged towards Gorillamon, not waiting for the ape Digimon to recover.  That was just the moment that Henry and Rika needed.  They quickly made their way to Takato.  Then they hauled him up and retreated as quickly as they could.

Meanwhile, Megidramon had destroyed Gorillamon.  Gorillamon had felt the power of Megidramon's Megido Flame and was deleted.  Megidramon then loaded Gorillamon's data.  Henry and Rika had somehow gotten Takato out of the area before Megidramon returned.  Gorillamon's deletion had taken only a minute.  When Megidramon returned to where he left his Tamer, he unleashed another Hell's Howling.

"Who took him!?" Megidramon screamed.  It was clear that he was extremely angry.

The hazard symbol on his chest went blood red.  Megidramon then began another merciless assault on an already suffering West Shinjuku.  He would find Takato even if he had to destroy the entire city.  When he did find Takato, he would slowly and painfully kill the ones who dared to take away his Tamer.

Meanwhile, Henry and Rika had made it to Takato's house.  Mr. and Mrs. Matsuda were worried upon looking at their unconscious son.  The only thing that told them that Takato was still alive was the rise and fall of his chest.

"You know that Megidramon is probably boiling mad right?" Terriermon asked.

"We had to risk it Terriermon.  Takato is the only chance we have," Henry responded.  He then turned on the television.

"As you can see, there is a vicious monster destroying the city.  Nothing is appearing to stop this rampaging monster.  Even our armed forces couldn't stop it.  It appears to be looking for someone because it keeps shouting 'Where is he?'  We'll keep you updated about this situation," a female reporter said.

Henry turned off the TV.  "It's worse than I thought.  Megidramon will wipe the city off the map at this rate," he said.

"But what can we do?  Our son is still unconscious," Mr. Matsuda said.

"We have to figure out something.  West Shinjuku is doomed if we don't," Rika said.

Meanwhile, Megidramon was still on a rampage.  "Where is he!?" he screamed again and again.  He continued to destroy as he searched for Takato.  He was too in his rage to realize that he was heading in the direction of his Tamer.  He gave off another Hell's Howling.

About ten minutes later, the Matsuda residence began shaking violently.  Everyone quickly got out as quickly as he/she could.  Once safely outside, Mr. Matsuda gently put Takato on the ground.  A few minutes later, the house/bakery had crumbled to the ground.  Everyone was horrified to see Megidramon.  Megidramon smirked evilly.  It was finally time to kill the ones responsible for taking his Tamer away.  He wrapped his long body around the others, effectively surrounding them.

Then Megidramon lashed his tail at Henry.  Henry managed to quickly dodge.  Things looked hopeless.  With Terriermon and Renamon too weak to Digivolve, Megidramon very easily had the upper hand.  Meanwhile in the Digital World, a wise and very friendly Digimon was indirectly helping Takato.  Takato felt his energy being restored.  It was a slow but steady process.  Meanwhile, Megidramon was still having his way.  He managed to take Takato back.

"What do we do now?" Rika asked.

"There's nothing we can do," Henry responded sadly.

Megidramon was ready to kill.  Just as he was going to burn them alive with his Megido Flame, he stopped.  One small voice caused the most terrifying Digimon in the Digital World to stop.

"Guilmon?" a familiar voice softly asked.

"T-Takato?" Megidramon asked.

Takato slowly opened his eyes.  He looked down at his parents, Henry, Terriermon and Rika.  He was confused.  That is until he looked up.  "Aaahhh!" he screamed.

"Don't be afraid Takato. It's me," Megidramon said, his voice starting to become warm again.

Takato gasped in shock.  "Is that you Guilmon?" he asked.

"I'm Megidramon now," Megidramon responded.  He looked down at the others; if looks could kill, then his glare would've had them much more than 6 feet in the ground.

"Megidramon, please don't hurt them.  They were only trying to help me," Takato pleaded.

"But they took you while I was fighting Gorillamon," Megidramon protested, his voice beast like again.

"You were destroying the city.  We didn't want Takato to see the damage you caused," Henry said.  "You actually think Takato would've liked seeing you destroy the city?  How could he have been certain that you wouldn't destroy him too?  You're a lot worse than Devimon."

Megidramon's eyes went black in primal rage.  "I'll show you dangerous! Megido Flame!" he shouted.

"No!  I can't let you do this Megidramon!" Takato shouted.  He closed his eyes and concentrated.  He found the power he needed to prevent any more needless killing.  He quickly opened his eyes and made a fist with his left hand.

The Megido Flame stopped in its tracks.  Then Takato waved his hand, making the attack vaporize.  Soon, the Megido Flame attack was completely gone.  Takato then willed himself to his family and friends.  He disappeared out of Megidramon's grasp and stood in front of his friends and family.

"Please Megidramon.  No more destruction," Takato pleaded.

But Megidramon's eyes were still black, meaning that he was still in primal fury with Henry's last comment.  "I will kill you ya little blue-haired insect," he said.  He shot another Megido Flame at Henry.

"No!" Takato screamed as he got in front of Henry.

A bright red aura surrounded Takato again.  Megidramon's attack then collided with Takato.  This time though, the attack won out.  Even though Takato wasn't hurt, courtesy of his shield, he was blasted backwards.  Megidramon's attack was too powerful because Takato didn't have complete control of his powers yet.

"Takato!" Henry, Rika and the Matsudas cried.  They watched Takato head straight for a rocky wall, the shield around him disappearing because he was knocked unconscious the moment the attack hit him.

The force of impact would crush Takato's body because he of how fast he headed towards the wall.  Fortunately, the impact never came.  Then Takato regained consciousness and felt the open air around him.  He opened his eyes to find nothing but blue sky.

"What's going on?" he asked.  He moved a little and felt that someone or something was holding him.  He looked up and saw Megidramon looking down at him.

"Are you all right?" Megidramon asked.

"Yes.  Thank you Megidramon," Takato responded.

Megidramon then landed.  He put Takato down gently.  "I'm so sorry Takato.  I am a danger to you," he said sadly, his voice warm and caring again.

"No you aren't Megidramon.  You need to learn to control your anger.  I saw just how wrong I was in saying that you were a danger to Takato," Henry said.

"No Henry.  You're right.  For the most part, Megidramon are very evil Digimon that are bent on destruction in any way possible.  You saw how true that is today.  Takato almost died because of my uncontrollable rage," Megidramon said.

"Henry has a point this time.  You need to learn how to control your anger as well as that very destructive side of you.  I'm willing to help you, if you'll let me," Takato said.

Megidramon smiled a genuine smile.  "I'll let you help me Takato," he said.

Takato then walked up to and hugged Megidramon.  Megidramon picked up Takato and hugged back before placing Takato back down again.  Henry, Terriermon, Rika and Mr. and Mrs. Matsuda smiled.  For now, things have become a little better.  Now the rebuilding would begin.  But the impossible had happened on this day.  The most sinister Digimon in the Digital World had been tamed.  And now that Megidramon was tamed, things were starting to look up in the battle against Devimon.

Meanwhile, Devimon saw all that transpired.  'I know that I need to get that boy now.  He's my ticket to not only ultimate power, but also having control of the most powerful Digimon in the Digital World.  Be on your guard boy because you will be mine,' he thought.



Well, here's the end of another chapter.  I am very sorry that I haven't updated sooner.  It's just that I will be graduating from college at the end of this semester and my mind has been more on finishing my school stuff than on updating my stories.  I'll try to work in some time to work on my stories and have them updated as soon as I can.  Moving right along, preview for chapter 7: The Power Struggle: A year after Megidramon cut a path of terror and destruction through the city, the city has been rebuilt and things have mostly gone back to normal.  But something is wrong with Takato.  His powers have gotten so strong that they are now overwhelming him.  Can Takato finally learn to control his powers before they kill him?  Stay tuned to find out.


As far as the very wise Digimon who helped Takato, I'll just tell you right now that it's Azulongmon.  The Tamers will meet him face to face later on in the story so that's a little heads up for you.  And don't think you saw the last of Megidramon because he will be making more appearances.  Also, don't expect Gallantmon to appear because he won't be in this story.  I plan on doing a 'What if?' if you will.  The what if is Megidramon being helpful instead of constantly destructive.