Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Warriors ❯ Stone of Souls ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch.5

If the group had thought the first two places were bad, the third place was worse. It was a huge graveyard!

"What a fitting place for the warrior of souls," Takuya muttered as he looked out at the dark and foggy grounds. "Can't believe we have to go in there."

JP, Zoe, Tommy, Neemon, Koji, and Bokomon immediately said that they couldn't go in there for different reasons. Mercuremon and Takuya agreed to go into the graveyard themselves. "Just how are we going to know which crypt to go in," Takuya asked just as Mercuremon raised one of his mirrors. Moonlight reflected off and hit one the tombstones, causing it to move to the side, revealing a doorway. "Oh."

They climbed down into the dark room and Takuya yelled," Spirit Evolution!" "Agunimon!" He used one of the gloves to light a flame so that they both could see somewhat in the pitch-black corridor. They found themselves inside a dark room with an altar made of black obsidian. The statues of Devimon and LadyDevimon loomed over them. On the altar was the most puzzling of riddles of the three.

What creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and then on three legs in the evening?

"What!? What kind of creature walks on a different number of legs," Agunimon whined and Mercuremon smacked with a mirror.

"Thy whining will not help solve the riddle, so keep thy mouth shut," he snapped. The sat, puzzling over the riddle. Agunimon blurted out all sorts of answers.

"Chair!" *Wham* "Ow, that hurt!" "Then use thy head, stupid! A chair is not a living thing!" "Bear!" *SMACK* "Ouch!" "Desk!" *WHACK* "OOWWWW!!!!"

After about a hundred yells of stupid answers and cries of pain, Mercuremon finally figured out the answer. Just as Agunimon was about to blurt out another answer, Mercuremon said a short sentence," the answer is man." Agunimon have him a very blank look and Mercuremon's lips twisted into a frown. "Thou humans start thy lives on four legs, or crawling. Then, thou walk on two legs as adults, then finally on three, if thee counts the cane."

The room gave a shudder and the two warriors looked up to see the statues come to life. They said similar things as the first guardians and then attacked. Devimon sneered," Dark Claw!" LadyDevimon also yelled," Nightmare Wing!"

Mercuremon only had to rise up one mirror and said," Generous Mirror!" The attacks were absorbed and they fired right back out, double the power, to hit their own owners. Agunimon yelled," Pyro Punch!" Balls of fire gathered around his fist and he fired them into the two dark digimon. They gave cries of pain and returned to become statues. A black stone appeared and Mercuremon managed to grab it, and he wasted no time in running out. "Hey! Wait for me," Agunimon yelled as he ran after him. The room began to collapse and they both just managed to get out. Agunimon turned back into Takuya and he was gasping for air. He looked up to see everyone gathered around. He could see Mercuremon run a finger along the glossy surface of the stone. It seemed as though he was trying to regain memories from it.

"We should split up to search for each of the warriors," Zoe suggested and each of them agreed. Mercuremon, Takuya, and Bokomon would search for the warrior of souls. JP, Zoe, and Neemon would search for the warrior of storms. Finally Koji, Tommy, and Patamon would search for the warrior of the sea. Unknown to them of course, they were being watched closely.

"Yes! I got that totally cute boy Koji," Acqua gloated as she floated around the two others. "Who cares, I got that chick," Lance smirked back and Acqua shot back," I think that the one named JP already likes her, your going to have some competition." The two once again got into a huge argument. Raze said nothing she only closed her eyes and dreamed of old times. She remembered the cool touch of metal against her cheek and a hand running through her hair. She could almost hear the voice whispering things into her ears and the strong arms wrapped around her to give comfort. She sighed and once again locked her gaze upon the digimon she loved.