Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Another Day, Another Battle ❯ And so it begins... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Come on everyone let's go!"


Tai looked around at the other six Digidestined. They were all sat around the dying fire from the night before, rubbing the sleep out of their eyes. Well, all except T.K. He was still sleeping in Matt's arms. Patamon was resting on his shoulder.


"There's no time to be laying around, let's move, move, move!" Tai tried again but everyone just groaned.


Tai made a face and reluctantly sat down. "What's with everyone today?" he mumbled.


Agumon, Tai's orange Digimon, spoke up. "It's still kinda early," he yawned.


"And we don't even have a plan of action yet," Joe said. "And I for one am not about to go walking around this place without a reason!"


"Whaddya mean?" Tai asked. "We *never* have a plan anyway. Why does today have to be any different?"


Joe looked around nervously at the others. "Well...well because...I...uh..."


"Come on Joe, just tell us," Sora said with an encouraging smile.


Joe looked down at his shoelaces. "Because I'm really tired today and I would really like to avoid bumping into any more evil Digimon. And I have a bad feeling. I think I heard something in the night but I can't be sure. "


Tai laughed. "That's it?" he asked. "Well, you need not worry about that Joe. We got rid of Devimon and the black gears didn't we?"


Joe nodded.


"And you were probably dreaming last night, so quit worrying!" Tai ordered. "We can take on anything!"


And with that, Tai managed to get everyone to their feet.


Matt didn't want to wake his little brother so he shifted T.K into a better position and handed the slumbering Patamon to Gabumon.


"So what is our 'plan' for today?" Matt asked Tai, who just shrugged.


"Well, I suggest we head back to where we entered the Digiworld," Izzy said. "It may have some clues there as to how we can get back to our world."


"Do you have any idea where that is?" Mimi asked. "It's just I don't want to over do it y'know? The tan I've been working recently is just beautiful and I don't want to risk messing it up with too much work and..."


"Mimi, I'm sure your tan will be just fine," Joe said, sounding exasperated. "But you shouldn't over do it. You don't want to risk skin cancer now do you?"


Mimi stuck her tongue out


"Let's just think about getting home!" Sora said, changing the subject.


"Ooh, home!" Mimi said brightly.


"Yeah, and school," Matt said darkly but there was humour in his face.


"Oh, school," Mimi said, looking slightly less bright.


"Let's just go alright?" Tai said and marched off into the bushes, only Agumon's bright colouring and Tai's unruly hair giving the others a chance to see where they were heading.


Matt soon dropped behind. T.K was heavier than he looked. Setting T.K down on the grass, Matt stretched his already aching muscles. Gabumon came back and Patamon was flying just above him.


"Would you like me to carry T.K Matt?" Gabumon asked.


Matt was tempted by the offer but no, T.K was his responsibility so he declined Gabumon's offer. Matt hefted T.K back up and he followed the two Digimon back to the others.


When they reached the others, Tai had a look of impatience on his face. "What took you so long?" he demanded.


Matt shot Tai a glare. He was going to fire a retort but T.K started shaking. Matt looked down at his little brother in concern. "T.K?"


T.K's body was burning yet he was shivering as if he was freezing. His eyes opened and focused on Matt.


"Matt, I don't feel so good," the little boy whimpered.


Matt looked up at the others, his eyes pleading. "What feels bad?" he asked T.K, trying to keep the fear from entering his voice.


But T.K was unable to respond as he vomited a sickly smelling concoction over Matt. When he appeared to be done, Matt set him down on the ground. The others gathered round.


"What's wrong with him Matt?" Patamon asked fearfully.


Matt shook his blond head. "I don't now," he whispered. "T.K, did you eat something that the rest of didn't?"


T.K shook his head slowly. "No Matt. Ooh, my belly aches!"


And T.K threw up once again, this time only narrowly avoiding Tai. T.K began to cry but he sounded exhausted and looked so ill...


Matt ordered one of the others to get some water. Tai and Mimi went. The little child's head was burning and he seemed to be in a lot of pain. Matt wanted nothing more than to ease his little brother's suffering.


"It'll be OK Matt," Sora said. "I'm sure T.K will be just fine."


"Indeed," Izzy spoke up from his laptop. "After all, if his illness is something only found in the Digiworld, then the cure must be located here too."


Joe remained silent.


T.K was moaning and Matt swept him into a protective hug and began whispering comforting words to the young child. Everyone was shocked by this show of affection from Matt. They all looked away however, no one wanting to embarrass him.


And in that moment, the bushes came alive with thousands upon thousands of screaming voices. Digimon flew out of the trees and began attacking the children. Matt instinctively pulled T.K into his protective, older brother arms.


Gabumon Digivolve to...GARURUMON!


Gomamon Digivolve to...IKKAKUMON!


Biyomon Digivolve to...BIRDRAMON!


Tentamon Digivolve to...KABUTERIMON!


Patamon didn't Digivolve. He too stayed by the ailing T.K's side. The evolved Digimon battled with the sudden horde of other Digimon but despite their combined strength, they were being overwhelmed.


"There's too many of them!" Garurumon's husky voice roared as several still unidentified creatures threw him to the ground.


The others were in a similar state when a calm voice suddenly shouted, "Stop!"


Everyone, Digimon and human, looked for the source of the voice. It came from the darkness of the surrounding wood. A figure approached. It was a she. Her figure was barely visible through the haze of rapidly changing coloured light that surrounded her.


"Who's that?" Matt asked Izzy, who was still busy on his laptop.


"I am Covimon," the female Digimon spoke up. "I have come in search of the one called 'Matt'."


Matt looked up from T.K. "What do you want me for?" he asked.


"Come with me, and you will save your brother," Covimon said.


Matt's breath caught in his throat.


"How can I save him?" Matt asked, not bothering to find out how this mysterious Digimon knew abut T.K.


"Come with me and you shall see," Covimon replied in a calm voice.


"No...Matt, please...please don't leave me!" T.K wailed.


Matt turned a guilty looking face to T.K. "I think I have to T.K. It may be the only way to make you OK again."


"No!"


T.K tried to get up but fell back weakly. Matt's eyes filled with unwanted tears as he watched his little brother struggle.


"The child will die if you do not come," Covimon spoke up.


Matt looked between Covimon and T.K. Everyone else looked at Matt. He bowed his head.


"All right," he said quietly. "I'll go with you, Covimon."


"As will I!" came the sound of the De-Digivolved Gabumon's voice.


"Very well," said Covimon.


She closed her eyes and sent out a white ball that quickly found its way to Matt and Gabumon.


"Take care of T.K for me!" Matt cried out.


"Matt! Matt come back! Please Matt! I...I don't..." But T.K had passed out.


"Take care!" Sora called out.


And then Matt and Gabumon were gone in the white light.