Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Beelzemon's Second Chance ❯ A Friend in Need ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Second Chance
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon but Digital Hell is only invented by me.
 
Author's note: The rest of this story is a dub version of Digimon Tamers episode, “Shadow of the Beast King” but Calumon should speak naturally like the Japanese version since I dislike his unnatural dubbed voice. I may be a Christian but since I heard about this Chinese Mythology about Hell, I decided to write about this.
 
Chapter 1: A friend in need
 
“Jeri! Give me your hand!”
 
These were the words that were said by a three-eyed demon digimon dressed like a biker with wings and tail after he broke through the D-reaper kernel sphere which held Jeri captive with lots of punches and a little help from the power he had absorbed from Leomon while the tamers were fighting against the D-reaper. This black three-eyed demon digimon was Beelzemon (Blast Mode), the mega evolved form of Impmon. Because of his guilty past and his demonic exterior, everyone had shunned him except for Renamon, Rika and Calumon.
 
Renamon and Rika were close friends since that whenever Impmon is in trouble; they would help him from difficult situations. They saved him from death while fighting with Indramon the horse Deva, and also one occasion, Renamon saved him from being shot by the police in the nick of time when he was a public nuisance and most of all, he was taken back home after he nearly died in the barren plains of Digital world.
 
As for Calumon, in his baby phrase, he was a young, small and innocent digimon in which he did not understand what was happening and he was not present as he was held captive by the Digimon Sovereign at that time when there was a long and hard battle between Gallantmon and Beelzemon who became power-crazy, ruthless and mad from Chatsuramon's deal.
 
“Oh…oh…” Jeri just stood there tentatively in the bubble not so sure whether to give him a hand while Calumon was trying hard to persuade her.
 
“Let's go, Jeri! What are you waiting for? Huh?!” Beelzemon was losing his patience and his sweat was trickling down his helmet clad face holding out his hand as the hole was closing up but the girl did not budge.
 
“Kruu! Come on! Kruu! You can do it, Jeri! Let's go! Kruu!” Calumon tapped her leg vainly to snap her out of depression.
 
“It's closing!” Beelzemon pleaded while trying to make the hole wider, “Hurry before it's too late!”
 
Jeri just stood there and cried, she thought that Leomon, her digimon knight in a shining armor had come to rescue her but this is only an illusion from Beelzemon by absorbing the powers after killing Leomon in a cold-blooded murder, rage and greed.
 
“Take my hand, take it!”
 
Jeri looked at him with sad and disappointed eyes and backed away a little as she was still afraid of him. To her, what if he turns back to his old ways and kills her just like what he did to Leomon? Seeing this, Calumon only sighed at his companion's refusal.
 
“I'm trying to help you! PLEASE!” Beelzemon pleaded desperately.
 
“You're not...Leomon…” Jeri sobbed.
 
“Ah...what?” Beelzemon's three eyes widened with horror as the words from Jeri hurt his feelings like a psychological knife stabbing in his heart.
 
Just then, the mega form of Guilmon biomerged with Takato the goggled tamer, Gallantmon flew in riding on his mechanical steed invented by The Monster Makers and The Hypnos Grani was also trying to help Jeri.
 
“Jeri, take his HA-A-AND!!!” Takato yelled inside the body of the knight digimon hoping to snap his girlfriend out of depression.
 
“Huh? Takato, is that you?” Jeri's sad eyes blinked a little.
 
“JERI!!!!”
 
The hole in the bubble was starting to close and Beelzemon was trying to pry and claw the hole open.
 
“NO!!!!!” Jeri screamed for help vainly but it was too late without realizing that the D-reaper was winning from her depression.
 
“AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!” Beelzemon screamed in frustration while punching the bubble, “JERI, JUST LET ME SAVE YOU! I NEED TO SAVE YOU!!!”
 
“Jeri!” Gallantmon called her but suddenly he had a terrible feeling of danger and turned to the demon digimon, “Beelzemon, watch out!”
 
Beelzemon turned to look what was happening and just before he could dodge, the D-reaper had attacked him in a very fast move and it cut his body and his wings like thousands of sharp knives that he could not see or fight back. The demon digimon howled in pain as his data was spewing out from his body and he plummeted to the ground.
 
Megagargomon and Sakuyamon heard his cries of pain and turned to look in horror.
 
“No, Beelzemon!” cried Henry from Megagargomon's body.
 
“Oh no!” Rika muttered as she winced from such tragic sight.
 
“Oh...ugh! Please! I just need...one more chance! Jeri...JERI!!” Beelzemon had his last pleas for his life on the verge of deleting and death.
 
“Beelzemon!” Sakuyamon and Gallantmon screamed at the fallen digimon, “You've got to hold on!”
 
The cries of distress did not reach his ears; instead the falling Beelzemon closed his eyes and reflected on what he did in his life as Impmon, his selfish greed for power, the murder of Leomon and how he almost killed Kyubimon, Takato and Guilmon.
 
How selfish and cruel am I…he reflected, I know that I will be damned in Hell and be tortured with terrible punishments in ungraceful ways…Yes, I know that I am a demon, people and digimon hate me because I am born as a demon! Even Ai and Mako hate my looks as Impmon and treat me like dirt! Ai…Mako…I'm sorry for running away…And to you too, tamers, I'm sorry for trying to kill you and most of all, Jeri…I'm very, very sorry…But enough of this sappy and self-pitiful crap! I AM GOING TO HELL AND THAT'S IT! TO HELL WITH IT!
 
From above, Sakuyamon felt that she must do something to save him; it is most likely to be Renamon. “Rika…” Renamon whispered to her tamer, “please we have to devolve now and I have to sacrifice myself…”
 
“Why?” Rika asked her bewilderedly, “it's too dangerous to do that and besides I won't see you again!”
 
“I know, Rika…” Renamon replied gravely, “but don't worry about me, since I know him personally and he has done wicked deeds in his life, I have to go to Digital Hell to appeal to the Judge to give him second chance so that Beelzemon and I will be reincarnated if it's successful.”
 
Rika agreed reluctantly that she and Renamon devolved together, Rika was then held in the arms of Megagargomon and watched sadly as her partner descended to the depths of Hell following the deleting Beelzemon.
 
“May the Digital Gods be with you, Renamon…” Rika prayed for her companion.
 
As for Renamon, she faded in the Human World and appeared into this gloomy and desolate rocky landscape filled with dried blood, dried branches and foggy mists swirling around the barren stretch of land next to the gateway, even for this calm and brave fox digimon, this place gave Renamon the creeps.
 
“So this is Digital Hell…” Renamon muttered and then she walked on cautiously.
 
Upon reaching the gateway to Hell, she saw something which made her sick to her stomach; there were carvings on the tall gates of various condemned and suffering Digimons being bloody, tortured, maimed and mutilated.
 
Just then, she felt something sharp was tapping on her shoulder. She turned round and saw someone was familiar, these celestial guards were none other than the Devas, Vajiramon and Indramon. The ox Deva, Vajiramon was armed with a sword he had used earlier in the previous fights while the horse Deva, Indramon was armed with a pitchfork. They had been deleted during the fights in The Human World earlier on and even though they terrorized the humans in Shinjuku, they were made as the celestial guards of Digital Hell since they served their Digital Sovereign as a God.
 
“Halt!” boomed Vajiramon pointing his sword at her, “no one shall enter into this world as a mortal and I recognize you!”
 
“I know that…” Renamon calmly replied, “I meant no harm and besides that, I came here to appeal to the court to give Impmon a second chance…”
 
“Impmon?!” Indramon snarled with his red eyes beneath his long, flowing mane were burning with hatred, “that little puny foolish twit! I remember how I easily beat him but you…”
 
“Calm down, Indramon…” Vajiramon reassured him, “let her talk to us…” He then turned to her, “explain why you came here but please make it quick, there are a lot of souls waiting for us…”
 
“Let me explain…” said Renamon, “We need him to be in our battles against the D-reaper terrorizing the Human World besides Digital World and also he has kids who are waiting to be tamers and they are very young…”
 
“Hmmm…” pondered Vajiramon, “We better ask our majesty first…” He turned to the horse Deva, “what do you think?”
 
Indramon just shrugged and reluctantly agreed with the case. And so, the two celestial Deva guards opened the gates and led her in escorting her to the Digital Court of Hell.