Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Black Rose ❯ Unsuspecting Horror ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I wonut take whatus not mine.

Note: I actually thought of the title before I thought of this story. The Prologue will be a little bit dark but everything else won't be this scary. (I think) And this is AU.

***

~Prologue~

uWeure almost there. After we cross that hill, weull be able to see it!u A man called out to a young boy behind him. He pulled on the reins of his horse to slow the beast into a slow jog and then a fast walk. The boy did the same.

The sun shone upon the two travelers as they made their way across the plateau. The similarities in the physical features of the two marked them as father and son; the same wild dark brown hair with eyes to march. The slightly tanned skin and the sharp nose and mouth. The only difference was the moustache that the elder let grow.

uI canòt wait to see mother again. Itòs been so long. And how is Hikary?ò The boy trotted up beside his father and enjoyed the view before him as it became more familiar.

The man laughed.

òSheòs as bright as her name and she wonòt stop talking about you. Sheòs very excited.ò

òSheòll be five today, wonòt she?ò The boy looked up at his father.

A nod.

õI canõt belief that itõs already been three years. How is everyone doing?õ

òJust fine before I left to get you. Yamato came back a few days ago and we had quite a celebration! Of course weòll have another one now that youòre back. I believe that everyoneòs probably busy getting ready right now.ò

òYamatoõs already back?õ The child questioned with some surprise.

õHe did leave earlier than you.õ The man reminded.

A warm wind blew across the field, picking up fallen flower petals. It was then that both of them noticed that something was missing. Where were the sounds of birds? Their usually enthusiastic chirping could not be heard today. It was much too quiet.

With a look at each other, they dug their heals into their horsesô sides. In response, the beasts immediately went into a gallop as if sensing their mastersô worries. Upon reaching the afore mentioned hill, the two of them pulled hard on the reins and came to a complete halt.

Down below them a village lay ruined. Blackened grounds and crushed homes with thick grey smoke coming out of them held the last traces of a fire. There was no sign of any people or any life at all.

The two looked down upon their village with disbelieve. Their horses snorted and pawed the ground nervously. Whatever they animal senses were telling them, it made them restless.

With a strangled cry, the man suddenly sped his horse toward the burned down village. The happy and cheerful mood of just a few moments ago was completely gone as the two hurtled downward.

They entered the village carefully, searching for any signs of life and assessing all the damage. Over turned tables and chairs with broken legs were everywhere. Shattered windows and glass on the ground, sharp and cutting.

It was silent and they were silent. Only the soft trotting sound of the horseòs hoofs against the road can be heard. They found, on a field, ripped decorations and a feast gone cold and ruined. The table where the food was placed on was practically chopped in half as splinters from the wood littered the ground.

It was the evidence of what would have been a feast and celebration.

The real horror did not begin until they looked inside the houses. Bodies. Lying in grotesque shapes and postures were bodies of men, women, and even children. In every home, dead people piled upon each other, their blood running like little streams. It coated everything. Furniture were red and it was sickly.

Shaking, the father and son made their way through the village until they arrived at one house. It was burned and crushed like the others, there was no difference. But they stopped here for one reason. This was their home where a mother and daughter should be waiting for their return.

The man dismounted from his horse and the son copied his father. They secured their horses to what was left of a fence and slowly mounted the steps to the door. The door was pushed open.

It didnòt even take a glance for the man to see what he hoped he wouldnòt. A little gasp from behind him alerted to the fact that his son had come up with him. He swiftly turned around and covered the boyòs eyes.

òDonòt look, Taichi. Donòt look!ò

But the boy had seen and as hot tears of anger and anguish poured down both their faces, the only thing they could do was hold on to each other.

A young woman with long light brown hair and fair skin was hanging from a noose from the ceiling. She was unmarked. Her beautiful eyes were closed as if in sleep and the lashes brushed against her cheeks. She was terribly pale yet there was a haunting beauty in her. Her arms hang loosely at her side and her bare feet pointed downwards.

She was the boyòs mother and sheòll never be able to welcome the return of her son.

There was no one else in the room. No bodies. And no trace of a little girl that had lived there.

Everything else was burned or destroyed or cut. The only things that had no mark were the woman hanging in the rope, and below her feet. . .

A black rose.

***End of Prologue***

That was a little too dark for my liking. I have no idea where that came from and I wasnõt planning to make it this scary. (I scared myself). Well, this is the Prologue. I donõt know where this story is going yet and so there probably wonõt be fast updates. For now, this story could be found under Taichi and Takeru. And no this is NOT yaoi. They'll just be two of the main characters so that is the reason. Please read and review! And also suggestions for this story will be greatly appreciated!