Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Bouncing Baby Bonkers ❯ The baby is coming, Soon! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Author's notes:
 
I really hate the 25 year saga, unless of course Davis and Kari were together… which we don't know.
 
And what I hate worse beyond that is having to write it all over again each time I write about it. (Sighs)
 
At least since it was never aired in a series… we can control it to our likings.
 
CHAPTER ONE
 
Many, many years have passed since the defeat of Maylomyotismon, and the Digi Destined had certainly grown up a lot.
 
Tai, now a diplomat, was happily married to Davis' sister Jun. Really strange, everyone wonder what he saw in her, but actually, Davis' sister had grown and matured over the years. Now she was a doctor, and also the chief of a brigade of women doctors everywhere.
 
Mat and Sora were married. Matt was training to be an astronaut, and Sora was a fashion designer.
 
Mimi moved back to Japan, and started her own cooking show.
 
Joe is the Digital world's very first doctor… although his patients keep eating his tongue depressors.
 
Cody was an attorney, and he hasn't lost a case since; though he still seems to be a little stubborn at times.
 
Yolei and Ken were married, and already had their first born. Yolei lived as a housewife, while Ken was a detective.
 
Izzy had started his own computer research lab, and he was really studying into the Digital world now, and TK who was a novelist made sure to note these things for his on-coming line of books.
 
As for Kari and Davis; they were actually married. No one ever expected that to happen, but over the years, Davis matured a bit, and Kari actually took a liking to it. They dated for a while in high school, and after college, Davis popped it to her…. and she actually said “Yes!”
 
Kari was a preschool teacher now just as she wanted to be, and Davis opened his noodle cart, and becoming a worldwide success. He now owned the biggest chain of carts, restaurants, food-stands, and noodle-products in the world… and it sure made him and Kari pretty wealthy.
 
Still, Davis wasn't that greedy with money. He donated to charities, helped feed the poor. Why he even helped Kari find work once she got her teacher's licence.
 
Still, they did keep some of the money for themselves. Davis bought them a beautiful beach-house near the shores where Kari and Tai used to play where they were little, and they lived there ever since.
 
Now… a few years after their marriage began… it was time. Kari was now over eight months pregnant, and was now expecting any day according to Jun. Davis liked to make jokes about how huge his wife looked with her stomach so large. “But I love you anyways…”
 
Kari giggled and pecked his cheek, “And I love you too.”
 
 
Kari's baby shower was so incredible. Kari and Davis were showered with gifts, though Davis kept saying it would've been easier to buy all the stuff. “Davis…!” Kari said giving him the signs.
 
Davis sat on the sofa, “I'll be good…” he said playfully. Everyone shared a laugh.
 
Now the baby's room was completely ready. All that was needed now was the little bundle of joy to come along. Everyone was really excited, but no one was as excited as Veemon was.
 
Ever since he found out that Kari was pregnant, his mind was racing all over. He never had witnessed a human baby being born before, and he wanted to be sure he was ready for it.
 
He was in the baby's room right now practicing his diapering with a baby-doll. “Now… let'sh shee…” he muttered to himself. “I put thish here… ugh… and this… there and…” Plop… the doll fell off the table and onto the floor. “Ooh… not again!” he groaned, “And here the phase bouncing-baby-boy is jusht an expresshion…”
 
Gatomon passed by the room, and she saw the mess of diapers on the floor. “What are you doing in here?” she asked as she walked in.
 
“Practishing for when the baby comesh.” He answered her, “But I don't think I'm doing a good job.”
 
Gatomon had her share of diaper changing too, even though she hopped she wouldn't have to do much of it when the baby came, she helped show Veemon the right way to do it.
 
She actually managed to get the diaper on the doll perfectly, “That'sh easy for you… you have bigger handsh than I do.” Veemon said.
 
Gatomon knew he had a point there, “Look… you don't have to get so hyperactive about this. Kari and Davis said the baby will come any day now.”
 
Veemon still couldn't find it in him to relax. “What if they don't know what they're doing?” he asked. “What if Davish makes a mishtake… what if Kari mishcarries… what if--”
 
“VEEMON…!” Gatomon snapped. “Just try and chill out…” then she left to go take her evening nap before bed. Typical Gatomon…!
 
As Veemon cleaned up the big mess he made he took a while to glance around the room. Everything looked so well placed, and yet deep down he still didn't feel ready for this baby.
 
Davis and Kari… even Jun, with her experience in delivering, explained where human babies came from. Veemon and Gatomon were almost repulsed by the way it had to work for Kari to even get pregnant… how she and Davis had to… DO IT!
 
Veemon even felt sorry for Kari at times, because according to what Yolei had said, when she shared Kari her experience in birthing a child, having a baby was really going hurt… A LOT!
 
He hoped there was something he could do to help Kari get through this. He always had this sinking sensation that Kari was going to warn Davis “It's time.” Any minute, and then everyone would be rushing into a panic.
 
Sometimes he even thought Kari would accidentally wake up from one of her naps and the baby would be halfway out already. He tried to check on her like Davis did while she was napping… but the door to the master-bedroom was always closed, and he was too short to reach the knob.
 
Still… for now all he could do was take Gatomon's advice, and try to keep calm. “Any day now… any day.