Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ But on the Up Side I Brought Rice Balls ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon or Takeru's skateboard

----

Koushiro got home. He threw his backpack to the side of his bed, and sprawled out. On the last day of his freshmen year he realised that he liked Mimi. And not just liked, really liked.

After daydreaming for a little while he got a call.

"Hey, Koushiro, this is Mimi."

"Hi, Mimi." Koushiro mumbled and yawned.

"Do you wanna come to the park? The rest of the gang is going to be there."

"Uh, sure, I'll be there in a couple minutes."

---

Koushiro took his bike out and started to the park. About half way there he got on the sidewalk and saw Mimi.

"Hi." Mimi smiled. "I didn't expect you to come here so fast."

"Yeah, well, I had nothing to do and it sounded like fun." Koushiro said and they took a left and they were there.

"Hmm, no one else is here. You wanna take a walk while we wait?" Mimi asked.

"Um, sure." Koushiro said, parking his bike in the bike rack.

---

They were walking in the same general area where she had said the others would be meeting up with them. Mimi pointed.

"Takeru!" She said waving. Takeru was coming at high speed on his newly acquired skateboard "Oh, SHIT!"

Takeru crashed into Mimi while trying to stop, he skidded across the sidewalk, while Mimi had had a soft landing on top of Koushiro in the grass.

"Well, ok. This brings back memories." Mimi said and rolled off him. "You ok?"

"Yeah, how about you." Koushiro asked.

"I'm fine."

Takeru made a gurgling noise in the background. "Gaak- Help! My brain! Sidewalk!" They ignored him.

"You know, Koushiro, I've always liked you." Mimi said looking deep into his eyes.

"My friggan head, ACK!" Takeru said.

"R-really?" Koushiro asked.

"No, I just said it to see what you would say." Mimi said sarcastically, "What do you think?"

"I think someone should call a damn ambulance!" Takeru shouted, but was once again ignored.

"Yeah, I like you too." Koushiro said, and leaned in close.

"NO TIME FOR THAT! Ambulance is too slow scoop up my brains and bring me there!" Takeru shouted, but still they ignored him and they drew closer and closer until...

"Wood Pecker? What the hell?" Koushiro said as a bird landed on him and started rhythmically tapping him on the shoulder. "These don't live here!"

It seemed like it was talking to him. "Koushiro. Koushiiiro!" TapTapTap

"Fine just leave me here to die!" Takeru shouted, and was ignored.

"Koushiro! KOUSHIRO!" TapTapTap, "Koushiro!"

Koushiro bolted strait up. "What? Huh? What?" He was sitting in a hospital bed and Mimi was poking him in the shoulder with a pencil. "The hell?"

"Takeru crashed into you on his new skateboard in the park and you were knocked unconscious when you hit the cement." Mimi said, "But on the up side I brought rice balls."

----