Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Chemical Burn ❯ Demon Storm ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chemical Burn

Chapter III: Demon Storm

Lady Mars

Disclaimer: I don't own Tamers. It's a sad fact I have to live with, but there's nothing I can do about it. On with the show.

* * *

The Tamers all sat staring at Renamon. The fox shifted nervously in under their gaze, not really sure what they wanted.

"So what is this all about?" Henry finally asked.

"What do you mean?" Renamon questioned back.

"What is that thing up to and how do you know it?" Ryo barked back.

"REVENGE!" The fox was reaching her limits and snapped at Ryo. "THAT'S ALL SHE'S EVER BEEN AFTER!"

"Revenge?" Henry asked. "Revenge for what?"

"I'm not sure," Renamon replied. "There's something that's haunting her, causing her to act this way."

"But what is it?"

"I'm not sure. In the conversations I've had with her, she's never said much about anything troubling her. She seemed decent to me; just trying to survive like all of the other Digimon out there. I don't know what drove her to be like this."
"Right. This is getting us nowhere. We need to figure out a way to defeat her before this gets too far out of hand."

"You can't."

"What do you mean 'you can't?'"

"You can't beat her, it's not possible."

"And how would you know?"

"Do you seriously think I would come for help without fighting her first?" The group fell silent. "It's not like I want to fight her anyway." Rika stared at the fox, shocked.

"But why? She's doing so much that…" Renamon cut Rika off.

"I knew her before she was like this. She was different, MUCH different. She was kind and caring and I still see her that way. It's hard to fight a friend and I can't put myself up to doing it." The Tamers stared at the fox.

"I don't blame you," Rika replied. "It is hard to hurt someone you love, so if you don't want to fight, I'm not going to force you." Renamon smiled weakly at her Tamer.

"But it still doesn't solve our problem."

"All of this arguing isn't solving our problem," Henry said. "We need to figure out why she's here in the first place." The Tamers all gazed at each other. "Any ideas?"

"Revenge," Renamon mumbled. "Revenge for a past that she can not change, a future that she will control, and a present that is dissatisfying. She's trying to escape, but can't do it."

"Escape what?"

"Whatever it is that made he look the way she does. Something went wrong one day and now she is the way she is."

"So she seeks the one who did this to her?"

"Yes. I don't know who it is, but when she finds them, they're dead."

"So we need to find whoever she's after before she does."

"Now there's a bright idea," Rika snapped. "How are we supposed to do that when we don't even know who she's hunting for?"

"We need an inside source to get us what we need to know," Renamon replied.

"But who?"

"I think I know the right one for the job…"

* * *

Chem sat in one of the many tree branches, watching the other Digimon go about their ways. 'The simple life, how I miss thee. My life was so simple back then, but what is life worth if you can't have excitement once in a while?' Chem hopped down out of tree and onto the now empty area. She walked slowly through the long grass, thinking.

"There must be a better way of getting to him. Going back there before I'm prepared is too dangerous; those brats will be on my tail for sure. So I must find another way to get there." She stopped walking and smiled. "I should have thought of this earlier. Why should I go to the brats? I shall bring them here and then go after him." She chuckled lightly. "They will never know what hit them."

* * *