Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Eve with Digimon ❯ How does he do it? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
 
December 24th… 4:00pm
 
Davis and Kari, who were happily married; had invited all their close friends for a Christmas holiday up in the mountains.
 
They had rented cabins for everyone thanks to Davis' massive fortune from his Noddle-buissness.
 
He decided to spend Christmas with his friends, their children and their Digimon were invited too.
 
For most of the day, Davis had reserved the Obadiah Skating-rink and invited everyone to a skating party.
 
Davis and TK even tried to show off their skills on the ice, but in the end it was Kari who actually pirouetted perfectly.
 
The Digimon were all playing Stop-The-Whip… where the skaters all formed a chain and skated in circles.
 
However… they spun just a little too fast, and Patamon fell out of the rink, and tumbled down the stairs…through the wall… and out the front door.
 
Veemon and Gatomon rushed outside and helped him up, followed by Suzy Ichijochi… the 5-year old Daughter of Yolei and Ken, who were also married.
 
“Patamon… are you alright?” asked Veemon. Patamon brushed the snow out of his wings. “I'm more than Alright?” he said “... Let's go back and do it again.”
 
Veemon and Gatomon were relived that he wasn't hurt. They wanted every one to happy on Christmas Eve.
 
Gatomon was especial excited, because she knew this was the night Santa Claus would come down the Chimney with a big bag of toys.
“Uh…Gatomon… are you sure?” asked Patamon. “What do you mean “Am I sure?” she asked.
 
“Well think about it.” Replied Patamon .“Do you know how BIG the inside of a Chimney is?”
 
“About two feet in square… at the most, and some people don't even have chimneys. So how can a man the size of Santa get down the chimney like that.”
 
Veemon and Gatomon thought about it. “Well… he holds his breath in so can squeeze down.” Said Veemon.
 
Patamon shook his head, “Not even close!” he said, “That's like trying to get a Basketball into a Milk-bottle.”
 
“Then… he goes through the window.” Said Gatomon. “Sorry, but the window's always locked, and some don't open.” Said Patamon.
 
“In the door?” asked Suzy.
 
“It's locked too.”
 
Veemon, Gatomon, and Suzy tried many guesses. The incinerator-shaft… the back door.
 
“Nope… it's either he comes down the chimney, or nothing at all!” said Patamon sounding sad.
 
“Gee… I don't know how Santa comes down!” cried Veemon. “Well… we'd better find out.” Said Patamon.
 
“Because I'd hate to think of what would be missing under the trees tomorrow morning; Still… Merry Christmas.”
 
Everyone was leaving the rink, it was time to pick up their Christmas supplies, and then, off to the mountains.
 
Suzy, Veemon, and Gatomon were still determined to find out Santa Claus would come down the chimney tonight.
* * *
 
Christmas time… Everyone just loved it. It was even more exciting than the last day of school.
 
But that was Years ago… the Digi destined were now fine adults in their early and late thirties.
 
Matt married Sora… Davis married Kari… Mimi married Michael from New-York… etc, etc.
 
They had beautiful children….their dream jobs came true. Even though Davis was paying for the whole holiday, they still all felt like a team… a family.
 
As they headed down the street, they all heard Christmas music playing, and decided it had to be sung to.
 
* * *
 
[Yolei]
 
-I believe in miracles
and I can tell you why
[Kari]
 
Once a year the street I live on
sparkles like the sky
[Both]
 
All hung with lights for Christmas
Twinkling
everywhere
The world turns bright for Christmas
And if that isn't a true blue miracle
I don't know what one is
[Davis]
-I believe in miracles
I know because I've seen
[Ken]
Once a year the place I walk
is filled with trees of green
[Both]
 
And pine cone smells of Christmas
Floating thru the air
To jingle bells of Christmas
And if that isn't a true blue miracle
I don't know what one is
[Everyone]
But the greatest wonder of them all
Is not what's happening around you, it's the way
You start to be
Yes the greatest wonder of them all is how your
Heart is filled with love
You start to light up like a Christmas tree
[TK]
-Feelings feel so wonderful
You have to let them show
[Mina]...(TK's Wife)
 
-Maybe that's why everyone
begins to get a glow
[Everyone]
 
-And fill their hearts with Christmas
Spirit they can share
That's the best part of Christmas
And if that isn't a true blue miracle
I don't know what one is
[Davis and Kari]
 
-And if that isn't a true blue miracle
[Everyone]
 
I don't know what one is.
 
* * *
 
As every one did they're Christmas Shopping… Veemon and Gatomon had come up with another solution.
 
“Santa ties his belt do tight around his was so he can fit right down the chimney.”
 
But Patamon shook his head…
 
Now, everyone had completed their shopping, and headed for the train-station where Davis' first class car was going to take them into the mountains.
 
* * *
 
[Everyone]
But the greatest wonder of them all
Is not what's happening around you, it's the way
You start to be
Yes the greatest wonder of them all is how your
Heart is filled with love
You start to light up like a Christmas tree
 
* * *
 
Gatomon had another idea… “Santa covers himself with butter so he can slip right down.”
 
“Wrong again.” Said Patamon, “I'm not sure there is a way he get through… and if he doesn't, No “you know what's”!”
 
Veemon, Gatomon and Suzy were really troubled now.
 
* * *
 
[TK, Mina… Kari and Davis… Yolei and Ken]
-Feelings feel so wonderful
You have to let them show
[The others…]
 
-Maybe that's why everyone
begins to get a glow
[Everyone]
 
-And fill their hearts with Christmas
Spirit they can share
That's the best part of Christmas
And if that isn't a true blue miracle
I don't know what one is
And if that isn't a true blue miracle
I don't know what one is
.
 
* * *
 
The song ended… and everyone was busy at work.
 
Had a temporary job at the Corner shop near the edge by a lake near the mountain trails from the cabins.
 
And everyone else… well… they had the necessities of life in the mountains.