Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg Davis ❯ The New Davis ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
A few days had passed, and Davis was beginning to awaken at last. He felt rather strange though. He could swear he awoke to the sounds of beeping and electronic-voices calling from in his head.
 
He shook himself awake, and when he sat up to try and get out of bed, he fell smack down to the floor, and was shocked to her a clanging sound coming from his head. Not to mention he didn't feel much of the pain from hitting his head.
 
He shakily got to his feet, and rubbed his head, that when he gasped at the sight of his arms. Armored plates were covering over the top of his right arm, and the same thing for both of his legs. They were armored from the knees all the way down to the tips of his toes.
 
His left arm was still normal, but as he creased his hand over the left side over his face he left small sections of metal-lining across his jaw lines. “What the heck have they got me on?” he said aloud, and then he held his mouth shut at the sound of his voice.
 
His voice sounded in monotone; like he was speaking into a tin-can. “Man… I must've drunken a lot more than I thought.” he said, but then suddenly he lost his balance and fell down again causing a few loud crashes that alerted everyone outside in the corridor.
 
Jun, who was passing down on her shift walked into Davis' room to see him collapse on the floor. “Davis…” she cried as she bent down to help him up. “Hey… you all right…?”
 
“Oh… oh, Jun!” her brother said happy to see her. “I don't know… something's wrong with me. I think I'm still drunk or something…” he said referring to his weird body.
 
Jun nodded her head in agreement, “You might not remember much. You suffer a pretty hard blow to the head in the explosion.”
 
Davis' eyes widened at the word explosion. “What happened…?!” he asked in fear.
 
Jun explained to her brother that he got drunk and was hit by car in the street, and was nearly killed. They were barley able to save his mind and upload into an artificial body.
 
…In other words, “You just came out of a very long recovery. You're an half android now.”
 
“No…!” cried Davis, “I got to get out of this!” and then he pulled and tugged on his arms trying to get the armor off, but to no avail, “Uh, Davis…” Jun said trying to capture his attention. ”Davis, stop it now…”
 
Suddenly, in his craziness Davis collided into his sister tacking her to the floor. “Sorry… I can't seem to control myself.”
 
Jun smiled slightly, “Look, Davis… this was all we could do for you. You'd have been dead by now if we hadn't.”
 
Somehow, they both managed to get back onto their feet… but Davis' body was still shaking a little. Jun said it was to be expected until he had gotten used to it. “No… I don't want to be like this.” he complained, “I'm not me anymore… I'm a freak show.”
 
Jun shook her head in dismay, and helped her brother back into bed. “Look… I'm going to call Izzy, and maybe he can explain things to you. Much easier than I can.”
 
Davis lay back down still in disbelief of what was happening to him. “I'm an android?” he mumbled, “Well how do you like that?”
 
Meanwhile
 
Yami was in his office with his Guardromon…
 
Yes… he too had the power to control a Digimon, but that happened way before he became a greed man who cared more about money than other.
 
“Perfect, Guardromon, everything is going according to plan.” he said. “Daisuke should be dead by now, and once all the paper work is handed over, his noodle company shall work for me. Then I shall be president of the greatest noodle empire in the world.”
 
Guardromon nodded, “Wonderful Master…” he said, “And uh… what shall that make me?”
 
Yami's eyes narrowed, “What you have always been; A blithering idiot.”
 
Guardromon looked down in shame. Ever since Yami had changed to a greedy man, he had been pushed around and insulted all the time, but he still remained loyal to his master. “If I may ask though… how you intend to seize control of Daisuke's noodle works…?”
 
Yami snickered at that. “The same way anyone would. Forge a will and the signature. This coincidently is being tended to as we speak. Hmm, mm, mm…”
 
Some of Yami's other employees, who were also greedy to the bone, were hard at work forging a will saying that Davis would hand over his works to Ninji's Noodles, including his most secret recipes for the finest ramen in the world.
 
Now all that was required was Davis' signature.
 
Meanwhile
 
Everyone had come to visit Davis, and gave him their joy that he was alive. Veemon was the happiest of all. It was there that Davis was released form the hospital and he was now at Izzy's place while Izzy did his best to explain about Davis' new body…
 
Davis was even reminded of how he ended up drunk in the first place; he was all depressed about Kari marrying TK. Davis cast a sour stare at the newlyweds, “I see…”
 
“All you're thoughts and brainwaves have been uploaded into your memories banks. You should be exactly like you were before.” Izzy said to Davis, “Now… do you have any questions?”
 
Davis shook his head, “No… nothing yet. he said This just takes a little getting used to.”
 
Suddenly, Cody burst into the room, “Hey you guys…!” he called. “I hate to interrupt, but there's something on the news you should see.”
 
Izzy quickly turned on the TV, and to everyone's surprise they were talking about Davis' noodle-business…
 
“Upon the news of Mr. Motomiya's death, the stock of his massive and ever expanding empire of noodle products and services greatly plunged. Sources also indicate that Mr. Motomiya, who was young, single, and had no children before he died, did not leave a will.
 
“All employees in the Tokyo region are said to be attending a stock meeting on Monday to determine whether Noodle-Corp will be sold off, or completely shut down, but rest assured, if the company is indeed shut down… then it is certain that all of Daisuke's tens of thousands of worldwide employees are likely to lose their jobs and stock shares.”
 
“Hey wait a minute! I hold a few stock shares. Holy smokes… this sucks!”
 
Davis grabbed the remote and shut the TV off at once. “I've got to get down there.” He said as he got up. “No Davis, wait…” said Kari. “You just got up today, and you're not ready to go back out there.”
 
“She's right…” added Gatomon, “You still need time to rest, and let the world prepare for the new you.”
 
Davis appreciated her concern, even though for some reason he didn't feel all light and fuzzy inside as he used to, but he wasn't willing to let everything he worked so hard for go down, and put all his employees out of work.
 
“Don't try and stop me… I'm going.”
 
“Davish… wait up.” Veemon called as he hopped along after him, and with that, they were gone. Kari sighed, “He's still the same old Davis.” she thought.