Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg Davis ❯ He always loved her. ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
Yami knew he had outworn his welcome, even though it was his own place. “I'm getting out of here…!” he yelled as she tried to head of the emergency exits, which were also sealed.
 
“Oh, no you don't!” snarled Davis as he rushed to catch up with Yami and Tackle him to the floor. “You've caused your last bit of trouble! So if I go down, I'm taking you with me!”
 
Outside…the police were doing their best to keep the crowds back, Only the Digi -Destined and their Digimon were allowed through. “We've just gotten word…” the chief said, “There's a report of a large burst of steam, and sparkling wires in the building.”
 
Izzy did some quick calculations, “Oh no…!” he cried, and he gave the others his scared face. “Izzy… spit it out!” growled Tai, “What's the matter…?”
 
Izzy showed them what he found out, “There's enough steam in there to completely collapse the whole building!” he said with deep concern. Everyone gasped hard, “We got to get them out of there now!” snapped Yolei.
 
There was no time for any of the police to break in through the metal-sealing. Even if there was they couldn't risk being caught in the middle of the battle. That's when Tai and Matt got the idea… “You thinking what I'm thinking…?”
 
Matt nodded, “Gabbumon, Agumon… ready?”
 
The two Digimon nodded. Matt and Tai then activated their Digivices…
 
“GABBUMON… Warp-Digivolve to…; METAL-GARURUMON!”
 
AGUMON… Warp-Digivolve to…; WARGREYMON…!
 
The two Mega Digimon blew straight through the door like a cannonball on match-wood. “Look… it's Wargreymon, and Metal-Garurumon.!” cried Patamon.
 
Andromon looked up, “Not more…?” he grumbled.
 
Tai and Matt burst in. The steam was starting to get thicker. “Guys… you all right?” Tai called, and then he heard the sound of his sister calling to him. “Tai, over here…!”
 
“Matt… this way!” cried TK.
 
The two brothers met up with their siblings, “Where's Davis…?” Matt asked.
 
“Up there…” Gatomon said as she pointed up. He and Yami were engaged in a dog fight, punching and kicking each other hard. Even though Davis was an android, and he didn't feel so much pain from the blows, he could still feel himself getting weaker.
 
All that steam flowing through the room was too much for the chips built in him to absorb all at once. “Give it up, Yami!”
 
“NEVER…!”
 
ZAP… right in the flesh part of Davis' face.
 
The steam was almost too thick now to find anything, and the sparks were growing larger. “We got to get out of here!” cried Patamon.
 
“But wait… we can't leave Davis!” cried Kari, but no one else found time to argue and began to rush back outside. “No… Davis!” cried Kari.
 
“Davis, get out of here! This whole place is going down!” TK called before he was out of earshot. Davis heard him, but he could already feel it was too late as the metal on his body was starting to rust, and his inner-systems were already going haywire.
 
“It's over for you Motomiya!” Yami shouted, “NOODLE-CORP IS MINE!!”
 
Davis' eyes narrowed. “NOT… IF YOU… GO DOWN…!” he shouted with all his might. With one incredible swing of his metal-fist, he broke the cage holding a wall full a barrels.
 
The barrels tumbled out like an avalanche, heading straight towards Yami. “BAH…?! NOOO…!” Yami was buried under dozens of the barrels, trapping him within the building.
 
Davis smiled, but then… he finally collapsed from exhaustion… and stiff, rusted legs.
 
 
As for Wargreymon, and Metal-Garumon, they had joined Ex-Veemon out on the roof, and now had Andromon completely surrounded. Knowing he was licked, Andromon changed back into Guardromon, “Stop… please… I surrender!” he begged.
 
The three Digimon agreed not to hurt him, but they did bind him in thick chains and carried him back down to the crowds. “Hey… look there… everyone's running away!” said Wargreymon.
 
“But why… what's going on?” asked Metal-Garurumon.
 
That's when they could hear some of the people shouting, “The building's going down! The building's going down!”
 
Ex-Veemon turned just in time to see Steam blast out from all the windows, and cracks. Then the building began to cave in. “NO… DAVIS!” he cried. “HE'S STILL IN THERE…!”
 
It was too late… down the building went.
 
 
What a big mess is was! Fallen rubble, a few fires, and steam were everywhere, but it wasn't a huge corrosive disaster. Everyone crowded back towards the yellow tape lines, but the police had motioned everyone including the Digi-Destined to stay away from the rubble…
 
Yami had survived the collapse thanks to all the barrels piled on him, but he was quickly caught by the authorities and arrested for kidnapping, blackmail, peeping, and attempted murder.
 
Guardromon was sent back to the Digital-world where Young-Gennai and the four Digimon-Gods would decide his fate.
 
The police however were having hard time trying to keep the Digi-Destined back as they wanted to know what happened to Davis. “Davis… please tell me he's okay!” cried Jun.
 
Then suddenly, everyone could see sparks and soft electrical-currents coming from over a hill of rubble. “Davish…!” cried Veemon as he hopped his way over the tape, “Hey… get back here!” called the cop… but Veemon was far ahead already.
 
Even Kari managed to sneak past the police and followed him. “No… Davis!” she cried when she saw him…
 
Davis was still in one piece, but he was in pretty bad shape. His metal parts were all rusted. Some of his insides were showing as the panels had fallen off. He just lay there fidgeting as the electricity kept shocking him from within.
 
The electricity calmed down just a little, but as Kari tried to move in closer, she was stopped by TK. “No… don't touch him.” He said, “You could get burned.”
 
“But TK…” Kari said now sobbing, “We have to help him!”
 
Soon all the others, and their Digimon had gathered, and everyone stared at Izzy, who shook his head sadly. “There's nothing I can do for him now.”
 
“No…” Jun cried softly.
 
“Davish…. Davish… don't go!” cried Veemon.
 
Davis was so badly banged up that he could barely speak. “Ugh… V… Vee… M-m-mon…”
 
“Davis…” Kari cried. “Why did you do this?”
 
Davis used all his might to tell her, “I… I guess… you were right. I guess, I did care.”
 
“I never… ever could stop loving you. Even if… you were already beyond my reach, I could never… ever… turn my… back on you guys.”
 
TK knelt down, “Davis…” he said to him with tears in his eyes, “I'm so sorry. I didn't want this to happen to you. None of us did.”
 
Everyone nodded their heads in tearful agreement.
 
Davis smiled, and what do you know, a tear actually fell from his eye. “It doesn't matter much now…” he said, “Hope you… guys… have a… good life…”
 
“Davis…!”
 
“Davish… No!”
 
Suddenly, Davis' whole body gave a huge jolt as his mouth hung open and his eyes bulged far too wide “AAAAH-UGLH… OHH…!!” Sparks flowed. Joints fell apart, and Davis' head burst…
 
…he collapsed.
 
Kari buried her head in her hands and let it out.
 
Jun hugged Tai and cried into his shoulder.
 
And Veemon, “Davish…? Davish…?!... DAVISH?!”
 
The poor blue little guy fell to his knees, bowed his head, and quivered as he cried so softly.
 
Author's notes:
 
(Clenches fists)
 
Mmm…!
 
Like I said… There is no moving on for Davis, not anymore. He ends up with Kari, or he ends up Dead!
 
Curse you Kari and TK… Curse you both! Davis' blood… and bolts… are on your hands!
 
(Head on desk)
 
Please… just leave me in peace!