Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost. ❯ Act One: Love ant First Frost-Bite ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
ACT ONE
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Once upon a snowflake. Far, far away, in a distant time and place…” (Stage lights up). “There was a little town called January-Junction.”
 
“On late autumn day, about a month before Christmas. The Pumpkin-Peasants were harvesting their crop.”
 
 
Yolei, who played the role of Mama, and Ken who played Papa. entered the scene in their costumes.
 
What they were pretending, was trying to get two preschoolers, one dressed as their dog, and the other as their pet duck, to pull a wagon of heavy pumpkins.
 
 
Mama:
 
“Papa, the load is too heavy for them.”
 
Papa:
 
“Oh! If only I had a team of horses instead of a dog and a duck.”
 
Mama:
 
“Who can afford horses nowadays? Who has money?”
 
Papa:
 
“I have, Mama. See?” (Takes off his shoe and spills a single coin into his hand)
 
Mama:
 
(Gasps) A Copper-Kaputnik?! Papa, how?”
 
Papa:
 
“I hid it from the evil Kubla Kraus. So would have something to buy Christmas presents.” (Hides the coin in his pocket)
 
Mama:
 
“You shouldn't take the chance. What good is one Kaputnik anyway? It take 100 of them to make a penny.”
 
 
Suddenly, the background music changed, and In came Tai, who was playing the role of the evil villain.
 
He was dressed up like a old fashioned Cossack general, complete with a removable big black beard and mustache. Tai was even good at using a Russian accent
 
He was also riding a prop horse that was redesigned to look as though it was made of iron, and it even blew steam through it's nose.
 
 
Papa:
 
“It's Kubla Kraus!! It's the King of the Cossacks!! Hide everyone!!.”
 
(He and Yolei trip over each other as Tai gets closer)
 
Kubla:(Tai using his fake Russian accent)
 
“On Clang-stumper! I smell a Kaputnik!”
 
(He hops down and approaches Yolei and Ken who are quivering in fear.)
 
Kubla:
 
“Peasants! You give me that Kaputnik right now!!” (Grabs Ken by the shirt)
 
Papa:
 
“W-w-what Kaputnik? Oh, Beautiful King of the Cossacks.”
 
Kubla:
 
(Shakes Ken and snatches the hidden coin from his pocket.) “THIS Kaputnik!” (Throws him back down)
 
“Ha, ha, ha! A Kaputnik saved is a Kaputnik earned. Mwa, ha, ha!” (Hops back on his horse) “On Clag-Stumper! Ha, ha, ha!!” (Rides offstage, crushing the pumpkins as he goes.)
 
Papa:
 
“Ohh… My last Kaputnik! We'll have nothing for the holidays.”
 
Mama:
 
“Oh, Papa. Soon you'll have money. Ice-Money.
 
Papa:
 
“Not until Jack Frost comes!”
 
(The winds starts to pick up)
 
Mama:
 
“Papa, listen! He must be about. Jack Frost is so close, I can almost hear him.
 
 
The lights got a little dimmer and Davis began flying across the stage, blowing his frost on everything, and the scene changed to the main town where it was snowing.
 
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Now the reason the folks of January-Junction loved winter so much, was because of that Ice-Money Mama was talking about.”
 
“See, Kubla Kraus, took all their real money for taxes. But when Jack Frost came…”
 
(Davis hovers above the fountain and whistles a small tune while blowing his frost, and the fountain water freezes. The townsfolk cheer)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“The first thing he did was make lots of pretty icicles.”
 
“Then the folks took those icicles and sliced them up into Ice-coins.”
 
“And soon, everyone was rich with their… Frozen-assets? Hee, hee… Oops, pardon me for the pun… and nobody was broke anymore; nice system.”
 
(Everyone begins to shop and trade)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Of course when the warm weather came, everything melted and they had to start charging things again.”
 
(Davis lands in the town and walks about trying to get attention… but no one can see or hear him)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“And nobody had more fun than Jack Frost. Being invisible, he could move down close to all the humans and really be a part of their cheer and joy.”
 
“That's how he first met, Elisa.” (E-lease-ah)
 
 
That was where Kari entered in her normal costume. She played the role of the towns prettiest maiden, and the daughter of the Pumpkin farmers.
 
Davis moved up to her, nipped her nose, and jumped way up into a tree limb.
 
 
Elisa:
 
(Feels her nose and giggles)
 
Papa:
 
“Daughter. Why are you headed towards the gate?”
 
Elisa:
 
“I'm going out into the Countryside. It's so beautiful with snow, like a Christmas-Wonderland.”
 
Mama:
 
“Christmas is a month away. There must be another reason.”
 
Elisa:
 
(Giggles) “I really just want to see Jack Frost's work before anyone spoils it.”
 
(As sad music to a song Davis would sing later playedin the background. Davis was in the tree listening to them talk)
 
Mama:
 
“You are so Romantic, Elisa. Find yourself a good solid husband, and settle down.”
 
Elisa:
 
“I will… when my Knight in golden-armor comes along.”
 
Papa:
 
“Knights? Knights? Aren't you in love with anybody yet?”
 
Elisa:
 
“Only, Jack Frost.”
 
(Davis' eyes widen, the tip of his cap-crown snaps up, and he blushes)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“I guess that's how it all started. From that moment on... Jack Frost began to think about being human.”
 
 
The scene changed, and Kari was in the Countryside, skating on the frozen river-lake.
 
Davis was hovering overhead, gazing at her.
 
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“See, he thought Elisa really loved him.”
 
“Jack was so lost in his day dreams, that he didn't hear--”
 
(Tai came charging in on his metal horse at the edge of the lake)
 
 
Kubla:
 
“Good shortcut, Clang-stumper. The water is hard. Ha, ha, ha! Forward! On Clang-Stumper! On!! Mwa, ha, ha, ha!”
 
(He rides across the lake.)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“But the WEIGHT of the iron-horse… and HEAT from it's boiler caused the ice to BREAK UP!!”
 
(The ice beings breaking up, and Kari is stranded on an Ice-raft headed for a waterfall)
 
Elisa:
 
“Oh, No!!”
 
“Help!! Somebody!! HELP ME!!” (Screams)
 
(Davis flies overhead, whistles his tune and freezes the lake again. Then Kari slides merrily to the ground.)
 
Elisa:
 
(Giggles) “Oh, that was fun.”
 
(Hold her hands together and looks up) “Jack Frost. Not only are you a magician… You're a hero. My hero.”
 
(Davis gazed happily at Kari and did several in-love impressions with his face and body.)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Well… when he heard himself called a hero, Jack Frost made up his mind. He knew he just had to be human.”
 
“And that made him happy… and sad at the same time.”
 
(Davis pirouetted twice, and then took off. An alternate played version of sad song was played in the background.)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“And so… he headed straight up, toward his home in the sky.”
 
Jack:(Singing)
 
-The happiness of being me,
is not what it's cracked up to be.
It's lonely being ONE… of a kind!
 
-With all the known variety.
The fame that nature gave to me.
It's lonely being ONE… of a kind! …
 
 
What was done was, the fans began to blow creating wind, and smoke blown around to indicate Davis ascending higher into the blue.
 
The music cut out, and the stage went black for big scene change, and so the spotlight was focused on the narrator.
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“What's home to Jack Frost?”
 
“Pardon-me, but I think maybe I should explain a few things first.”
 
(Holds out a weather-map) “Well, you all know that this is a weather-map. But instead of low-pressure areas, and cold fronts, and moisture laid winds--”
 
“Try to think of a snowstorm, as a great Kingdom of the Winter-Clouds.
 
 
The set was all bathed in the same spotlight Davis was always bathed in. Snowy sceneries, houses and cloud-sets were everywhere.
 
And thereat the top on a high platform… was Cody.
 
His costume was really, really big, that he almost looked like a Giant white Santa-Claus who was blowing a giant sea-shell, creating more frost than Davis.
 
But who was he exactly?
 
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“And the ruler of all this wonder… is Father-Winter, himself.”
 
 
Then more third graders and Preschoolers came into the picture. All wearing outfits similar to Davis' but not quite.
 
The audience thought they too were adorable, and snapped more photos.
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Of course he has lots of assistants; Not just Jack Frost.”
 
Snip, the Snowflake-maker for instance.”
 
“Every single snowflake that ever falls anywhere is designed by snip… and No two are alike.”
 
 
The kid playing snip was in a workshop part of the set and cutting out paper snowflakes, and his phone on the desk rang.
 
 
Snip:(Answers phone)
 
“Hello?”
 
“Yes, of course this is Snip. Who else would be answering Snip's phone?”
 
“What's that? You need Ten-Million for Minneapolis?” (Sighs)
 
“But I got to finish that Moscow order. Not to mention, Alaska, Mt. Fuji, and January-Junction.”
 
(Sighs again) “So when do you need them?”
 
“Tomorrow? Okay, You'll have them. You'll have them.” (Sighs yet again) “A little furry he calls it.”
 
(Tosses the flakes to preschoolers, who take the flakes and toss them off the stage.)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Then, there's the Snow-Gypsies. Oh, there's thousands of them.”
 
“See, each flake has to be carefully flipped so that it lands exactly where Father-Winter wants it… and it's all up to the little flake-flipping Snow-Gypsies.”
 
(Back in Snips shop)
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“But every so-often, Snip would make an Extra-special snowflake.”
 
Snip: (Gazes at the snowflake)
 
“Just perfect for the Christmas-snow.”
 
“Holly!”
 
 
The smallest of the preschoolers came in dancing ballet, and wearing a cute sparkling green elf-suit, and a lily in her hair.
 
This awed the crowd a lot as the girl took the snowflake, and put it in a prop freezer.
 
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“White Christmas-Snow got special treatment. And Holly, the Holiday Snow-Gypsy, saw that each flake was kept safe and cold, until December the 24th.”
 
 
There were two twin third graders ringing out a wet blanket, and another third grade boy shoveling little pebbles.
 
 
Pete/ Narrator:
 
“Then, there's the Sleet-Sisters.”
 
“And the Hail-Fellow, who packs all the hailstones to be shipped off to the summer.”
(Davis flew in, and waved to everyone who waved back to him)
 
Jack:
 
“Hail, Hail-fellow.”
 
“Salutations, Sleet-Sisters.”
 
“Oh… Greetings, Snow-Gypsies.”
 
(Snips comes to where Davis lands)
 
Snip:
 
“Why, Jack Frost. What are you doing back here? It's not even Christmas yet.”
 
Jack:
 
“Don't worry Snip. I've got everything frosted down there. Holly's snowflakes won't melt.”
 
Snip:
 
“But, you shouldn't be up here now. Father-Winter will be very angry!”
 
Jack:
 
“I can't help that. I want to ask him a favor.”
 
Snip:
 
“You're going to bother Father-Winter with favors?! Right in the middle of the busy-season?!”
 
Jack:
 
“Snip… I…I want to be… Human.”
 
Snip:
 
“Human?! Why, Jack?.”
 
Jack:
 
“I-- I have my reasons.”
 
Snip:
 
“You mustn't let Father-Winter find out!”
 
Father-Winter:(Deep voice)
 
“I… HAVE… ALREADY FOUND OUT!!”
 
(The winds picked up, and dramatic, scary music was heard, and all the little children ran, and Davis hid himself and shivered under his cape)
 
(The stage blacked out)