Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ death wish ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A short story I wrote. When I was feeling down. (my first fic) Tell me what you think!

Disclaimer: I don't own digimon and I never will. Now, on with the story

I sat up and looked around. I was lying on the ground. My friends were all in a circle, crying. He was on the ground. One of my friends -Joe- looked at me. His eyes full of sadness. "He's dead"

I didn't hear the rest of what he said. It hit me like a punch. No, he can't be dead. He can't. My light, the one I love, can't be gone. I stood up tears running down my face, and I ran. I ran as fast as I could, not caring what happened to me. It didn't matter. My light was gone. How could he be gone? I ran the events through my mind, not finding any help…

We were fighting a Digimon in the real world. As the creature was destroyed, it sent an energy blast, determined to get rid of at least one threat, for its troubles. The attack headed for my love. I jumped in front of him, holding onto his shoulders. The blast sent us flying, then everything went dark. So, why was he dead? The one I fought so hard to protect? Why?

I turned a corner and looked up at his house. In my daze I walked where I hadn't wanted to go. I sighed, having already cried all the tears I was capable of, Maybe tomorrow. I went home. The door was wide open and my parents were in the living room crying. I was shocked. Even my dad who never cries, was joining in. I crept past them, not wanting to be touched. I stayed in my room all night, not even coming out to eat, not that anyone asked me to.

The next morning I got up to get ready for school. Then it hit me. He was dead. I sat down and cried. I wiped my face, not wanting any one to see me cry. I started to get dressed, but I couldn't get my dresser open. Damn thing. I never had problems before. I finally gave up, and got one off the floor, that didn't smell. I changed and left. When I got to school for the first time I was glad I had no classes with him. All day people would look at my desk, like they couldn't bear to look at me. At lunch my friends where quiet and wouldn't look at me. I did find out the funeral would be tomorrow.

The night was just like the last, and in the morning I wore the same uniform that I did yesterday. (Damn dresser, and now the curse has spread. I can't get in my closet now either.)

I went to the funeral, not hearing anything that was said, I was lost in thought.

After, my friends and me were gathered at the grave. No one said anything to me as I knelt by the grave. I looked at the stone not really seeing it. I heard a car behind me. Who could that be? Whoever it was had missed the funeral, and I am going to give them a piece of my mind. I turned to yell at them. And stopped, the work caught in my through. It was him. Matt. My angel. But how? He was dead, and laid in the ground. It says it right here on the stone. `Tai Kamiya' WHAT? That can't be! Then it fell into place, the mystery of the death, everyone not listening, Hell, even the dresser tried to tell me. I was dead. You heard me I am dead. I laughed. I had wondered how he died, when I was really the one dead. I know I am dead, and I realize that I can except that. I died for a friend. I could feel presents around me. I looked at Matt. "Do good with you life." I know my voice reached him. I closed my eyes and let them take me…

There. Whatcha think? Good? Bad? *Bats eyes* please review