Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ DEJA VU--A MiSTing of a MiSTing ❯ You Are What You Are (or are you?) ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DÉJÀ VU---A MiSTing of a MiSTing

You Are What You Are (or are you?)

(Authors and Sean Biggerstaff are in the theatre and they can hear commotion from the outside)

Sean Biggerstaff: I really should get back to the set.

TG: No, please stay here and protect me!

Wolfspirit: I don't think Kaden and GameGirl will harm us. Do you? (He looks at Digifan316 who is on his knees praying) Uh?

Digifan316: Please lord--I'm not a praying man, but please don't let my girlfriend be the death of me!! Please turn her back to her sweet self!

(Wolfspirit sighs)

Wolfspirit: I wonder what's going on out there anyway.

(Meanwhile, right outside the theatre, Battlebotbabe GameGirl is perusing Crow)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Get your fake golden ass over here, you Johnny 5 reject! Prepare to be disassembled!

Crow: Please stop saying that. And I'm pure gold!

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: It's not gold…it's just the shiny br-ASS!

(Crow yelps and tries to find a place to hide. GameGirl stops at a computer and tentacles extract from her fingers to connect to the computer. All the lights go out on the satellite as she searches for Crow's whereabouts)

{Inside theatre}

R80 (gasp): The lights went out! We're all gonna die!

007: When was the last time this satellite paid the light bill?

(They hear screaming and Digifan316 jumps between a row of chairs)

Digifan316: HIT THE DECK! (He injures himself) OW!

{Outside}

Tom: You're mad! Mad I say, mad!

Battlebotbabe Kaden (still in the form of PS Juri): And you're gonna die! (Looks at puppet) What's that, Mr. Dingo? You're hungry? You want some gum?

Tom: Gum?

Battlebotbabe Kaden: What a coincidence, there's a gumball machine right here! Eat up!

Tom: AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGH! (He wiggles away before the sock puppet bites him. Battlebotbabe Kaden changes her shape and her right arm becomes a long sharp metal weapon. She slices through the desk)

Maggie: Tag me, Kaden! Tag me! Let me finish him off for you!

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Okay. (She tag teams Maggie and splashes her with hot water, turning her into her robot form) He's all yours!

Tom: No!

Robot Maggie: You're dead, gumball boy! (She approaches Tom and punches him)

(In a small room, Crow his hiding from GameGirl)

Crow: Haha. GameGirl will never find me in here.

{But unbeknownst to Crow, Battlebotbabe GameGirl is approaching the room. She stops and turns her head side to side. A square zeros in on the door leading the room Crow is in. Metal tentacles extract all over from GameGirl's body, through the door and wraps around a laughing Crow.)

Crow: hahahaha-wha? Aaah!

(Battlebotbabe GameGirl pulls Crow out of the door and lifts him up off the ground)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Well, look what I've found…a sitting crow!

Crow: Shouldn't that be 'sitting duck?'

(Battlebotbabe GameGirl carries crow back to the lobby and throws into a wall. Maggie is still torturing Tom and Battlebotbabe Kaden is looking on.)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Any last words, Crow?

Crow: Uggghhhhh

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Goodbye.

Crow: Huh?

{Battlebotbabe GameGirl rips Crow apart with her tentacles)

Robot Maggie: Hey, why didn't you leave any for me?
Battlebotbabe GameGirl: If you really want to, you can poke him in the eyes. He can't shield them now.

Robot Maggie: Yeah!

Crow: No!

(Maggie pokes Crow in the eyes and Battlebotbabe Kaden finishes off Tom)

All robot girls: ROBO GIRLS RULE!

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Now…let's go see if there's a way we can change back.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: That's no problem for me. (She changes to her human self) See?
Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Hey, no fair! I don't have a liquid metal frame like you do!

Battlebotbabe Kaden (changes): Oh, right, sorry…where will we find an antidote on this stupid satellite?

Maggie: I think Crow has a few in his dresser.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Good idea. Crow, do you know how we could change back?
Crow: Why, so you can put be back together just so you can dissemble me again? I ain't talkin'!

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Why you--

(Before GameGirl approaches Crow to do more damage, Kaden restrains her)

Battlebotbabe Kaden: I really think he's had enough, GameGirl.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Ohhh!

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Let's go find this dresser. Do you know where it is, Maggie?

Robot Maggie: I think so. Follow me.

(She leads them from the lobby, leaving a dismantled Crow and Tom behind…)

Tom and Crow: No, come back! Don't leave us!

(…to a dusty small room with a dresser.)

Robot Maggie: There's got to be something in here.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Then let's get to work. (She opens one of the dresser drawers while GameGirl looks through the other)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Oh, this is just perfect! None of these stupid bottles have labels on them!

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Leave it to Crow to leave unidentified potions lying around. I'm surprised that Brian hasn't been drugged yet.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Yeah, no kidding. (She picks up a bottle containing red liquid) I think I can analyze this stuff before we drink it.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: You sure?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Worth a shot. (GameGirl stares at the bottle, trying got use her new Artificial intelligence analyzer to identify the mixture. She pulls off the cork and a long small wire comes out of her index finger into the red liquid.) Hmm, interesting.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: What is it, GameGirl?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Well, it's not acid, that's for sure.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Thank goodness.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: My readings say this is a highly carbonated drink. And…it smells…hmm…good (she drinks it, the whole thing)

Battlebotbabe Kaden: GameGirl!! Wait!

(Battlebotbabe GameGirl drops the glass and it breaks on the floor. She puts her hands on her throat)

Battlebotbabe Kaden: GameGirl? Are you okay? What was in that?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: It was (she belches) Oh; excuse me…nothing but cherry soda.

Robot Maggie: Crow had cherry soda in his dresser?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: At least it wasn't beer. I think we'll have a lot of time on hands trying to identify all these potions.

Robot Maggie: There's more in this closet too. Wait...I have an idea…I will be right back! (She exits, leaving Battlebotbabe GameGirl and Kaden to figure out what the antidote may be.)

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Maybe we should ask Brian to help us.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl (laughing): Did you see him run into the theatre? I don't think Brian will be coming out any time soon. (sighs) Besides…who can blame a guy when his girlfriend mysteriously changes into a robot with constricting tentacles?!! (Battlebotbabe GameGirl begins to wail) I'M A MONSTER!!! MY BOYFRIEND CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT ME WITHOUT SCREAMING! WHAAAAHAHAAA

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Don't cry, GameGirl. I'm sure we'll find a way to turn human soon. Don't fret, remember?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: But it will take us hours to find out what is the real antidote what's not! Wrong one move and--I can turn into a zombie or a vampire….or…or, oh, I don't know…I can lose a body part or something. I don't need this!

(Battlebotbabe Kaden slaps GameGirl into her senses)

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Stop crying, please! This isn't any easier for me than it is for you! (Her liquid metal frame changes randomly) Uh-oh…

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Hey…you're that singer from Garbage…now you're PINK, hey, now you're that bad guy from TERMINATOR 2!

Battlebotbabe Kaden (talking slowly) must…control…changing…

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: This is not good! This is not good! (Starts looking through the whole dresser to find the antidote in a panic) Hold on, Kaden! The antidote must be in her somewhere! Oh, stupid Crow, why didn't he label these? Is he illiterate or something? (Cables extract from her back and start waving in the air)

(Human Maggie comes back holding a pail of cold water--after accidentally spilling it on herself--and she splashes Battlebotbabe Kaden and GameGirl)

Human Maggie: You're safe now girls!

(But Maggie's attempts do not prevail. They are still in robot form and whatever metal partials left on the metal water pail clings to Kaden's form and a cable breaks on GameGirl's metallic body and she is short circuited for a few seconds)

Human Maggie: Oops, you poor dears.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl (after recovering from short circuiting, a little angry): MAGGIE! You fool, what is the matter? Are you trying to kill me? I'm taking this right to Brian and I'll make damn sure he'll put you on sleep mode for a long--long time!

Human Maggie: Please, don't GameGirl…I was only trying to make you turn human.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: By splashing us with cold water?

Human Maggie: It works for me.

(While Battlebotbabe Kaden bursts into laughter, GameGirl is infuriated)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: It isn't funny, Kaden! I could've malfunctioned permanently or something! Maggie, Brian should've made you a blond! The reason why you become a human girl when splashed with cold water because you took a shower with spring of drowned girl! When you're splashed with hot water you become normal! You idiot!

Human Maggie: Hot water returns you into normal…hmm…(gets hot water)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Maggie! Nooo! (she tries to get away, but alas, GameGirl and Kaden are splashed with hot water. GameGirl is short circuited again and a two of her cables fall off. Steam escapes Kaden's frame.)

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Hey…that felt kinda good.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl (on floor trying to get up. Her voice is very hoarse) Nnnot for me it didn't. Maggie….you're gonna die! I'm gonna do what Brian should've done a loooong time ago!

Kaden: GameGirl, calm down…she was just trying to help.

Maggie: I'm sorry, GameGirl…really I am!

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Sorry doesn't cut it. (her cables lash out at Maggie. Maggie screams and jumps out of the way. Kaden's arm grows out to a metal sword and she cuts the cables)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Hey!

Battlebotbabe Kaden: How are you going to explain this to Brian?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: I'll tell him it was an accident. He believes everything I say!

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Oh come on. Waaait, I think I know what this is about. (She grins) You're not just mad at Maggie for splashing you with cold and water, are you?

Battlebobabe GameGirl: What are you talking about, Kaden? She almost electrocuted me to death! (glares at Maggie)

Maggie: I swear I wasn't trying to kill you!

Battlebotbabe Kaden: You're jealous of Brian and Maggie, aren't you?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl and Maggie: WHAT?!

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Admit it.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Why should I be jealous of a robot that changes from a girl and back when splashed with cold and hot water?

Battlebotbabe Kaden: C'mon, GameGirl…who made her?

Maggie: Brian made me…so?

Battlebotbabe Kaden: And Brian is who?

Maggie: And um…a very nice guy? (she shrugs)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Now you've got me confused.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: He's GameGirl's boyfriend, of course!

Maggie: I knew that! You thought I'd try to steal him away from GameGirl? She'd kill me for sure! If I wanted to, doesn't mean I do---I would've done it already and…GameGirl would've done to me what she just did to Crow back there! Whether she was a human or a super battle android!

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: See, exactly…and besides, he made her before we were a couple. Back then we were just good friends.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Oh, bummer.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: What?

Battlebotbabe Kaden: I was kinda hoping for a catfight.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: A catfight? Wasn't that what I was a bout to do? Well, actually…I was just gonna overwrite her system or something. I still feel all tingly!

Maggie: That'd be no fun.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Okay, now can I beat her up a little bit? I still wanna get back at her for trying to electrocuting me!

Maggie: I didn't know I'd electrocute you! GameGirl, I'm soooooo sorry!

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: You did too! You were trying to steal Brian away from me, weren't you? I've seen the way you've been looking at him!

Maggie: What are you talking about?

(Meanwhile, Battlebotbabe Kaden is standing enjoying this.)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: What am I talking about? You've wanted him since day one!

Maggie: Oh, I have not!

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Well, at least when you became human!

Maggie: Did not!

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Don't make me have to torture it out of you!

Maggie: Okay! I confess! But it was so hard for me, okay? I never felt cold or hot or tired or sleepy or hungry before! I'm just trying to find out where I fit in this world! (Maggie starts crying hot tears and she changes back) Whaa--huh? Why am I crying?
Battlebotbabe GameGirl: You were apologizing to me for trying to steal Brian away….and for almost electrocuting me to death.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: GameGirl was about to kill you.

Robot Maggie: Oh yeah, that's right. I went to get cold water and I accidentally got it on me. Sorry, GameGirl. I didn't know it would electrocute you.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Oh, it's okay…besides, I was just playing with you. I knew you wouldn't try to take Brian away from me and I know you were just trying to help.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: What? I thought you were gonna rip her apart! You mean, it was just all a joke?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Yeah, of course. Besides, Brian would never forgive me…well, he might.

Robot Maggie: I don't believe you…you were just playing around?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Come on, Maggie…it was just a joke. Did you really think I'd hurt you?

Robot Maggie: YESS! I've never been so scared in my life.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: I was probably just going to hurt you a little. But right now, we have more important things to do. I'll kill you later.

Maggie: Oh no…

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: SIKE! AHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, I'm hilarious!

(Maggie and Kaden frown. Maggie splashes GameGirl with now lukewarm water. She short circuits again and falls down)

Battlebotbabe GameGirl (weakly): I deserved that. Sorry.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Let's just keep looking for that antidote.

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Right. Maggie, go get Brian. He knows this place more than I do.

Maggie: What's the magic word?
Battlebotbabe GameGirl: THIS INSTANT!

Maggie: Yes'm! (leaves to get Brian)

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Hey, GameGirl…(she picks up a bottle holding a glowing purple liquid) I wonder which one this is?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Let's see… (Analyzes it and pulls off the cork) ooh, pretty…

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Can this be it?
Battlebotbabe GameGirl: I think so…man…it feels so warm.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Well, I guess there's just one way to find out, huh?

Battlebotbabe GameGirl: Okay, you go first.

Battlebotbabe Kaden: Why me?
Battlebotbabe GameGirl: You found it.

Battlebotbabe Kaden (shrugging): Bottoms up. (She takes a swig, hands it to GameGirl and she finishes the last bit. Their mechanical bodies change back to normal…until they open their eyes and look at each other…)

Kaden: Hey, we're back! (she looks at her hands) All right!

(Kaden and GameGirl has switched bodies, but have not realized it yet. GameGirl sees Kaden when she looks at Kaden, instead of herself and same for Kaden)

GameGirl: Are we cool or what?

(Kaden and GameGirl do a high ten and a silly dance of joy)

GameGirl and Kaden: WE BAD! WE BAD!

GameGirl: I guess we didn't need Brian's help after all.

Kaden: Yeah. (she pinches her nose) Oh.

GameGirl: What's wrong, Kaden? Please don't say that we drank the wrong potion!

Kaden: My eyes hurt. I think I may need glasses.

GameGirl: Speaking of glasses…I wonder where mine went. Funny…I can see just fine.

Kaden: I feel kinda weird however.

GameGirl: Yeah, me too. I somehow…don't feel quite like myself.

Kaden: How ironic. Like I'm in a suit that that is too tight.

GameGirl: Exactly.

(Maggie returns with Digifan316 and Wolfspirit)

Maggie: Hey, you girls have changed back!

Digifan316: Haley, you're all right! Thank God!

GameGirl: Brian! (she walks to Brian to hug him, but he walks past her and hugs Kaden instead) Brian? Hello! I'm right here! (thinking) how weird…

Kaden: Brian?

Digifan316: I'm so glad you're not hurt! I was so worried about you!

Kaden: (struggling to Brian) Thanks for caring, Brian…can you…let me go now? I think GameGirl wants her hug.

Brian: Don't be silly! You just got it.

(Wolfspirit approaches GameGirl, thinking she's Kaden)

Wolfspirit: How did you two change back?

GameGirl: Oh, simple…Kaden found a glowing potion and alas--it worked.

Wolfspriit (raises an eyebrow): Kaden, you're speaking in third person.

GameGirl: Huh?

Digifan316: Let's go MiST that next fic, shall we? Oh, here's your glasses, Haley.

Kaden: My glasses?

(Digifan316 puts his arm around Kaden and Wolfspirit does the same to GameGirl. They believe GameGirl is Kaden and Kaden is GameGirl. But GameGirl and Kaden still see each other as normal)

Kaden and GameGirl (thinking): This is not good! This is not good!

(But deciding not to make matters any worse, they decide to play a long in hopes that it may wear off and they'll return to normal. They pass a mirror and GameGirl and Kaden see the truth. They exchange glances and gulp)

Digifan316: So, Haley, how are the revisions to Night Duchess going?

Kaden: What revisions?

Digifan316: You know, Night Duchess. Your original manga.

Kaden (thinking): Has GameGirl told me anything about her original manga?

Wolfspirit: Kaden, how's your band? Any new songs?

GameGirl: Oh, I'm taking a little break…my fingers hurt.

Wolfspirit: But your fingers never hurt from playing.

GameGirl: Yeah, weird, isn't?

(They pass a repaired Crow and Tom)

Kaden: I thought we killed you guys!

GameGirl: Yeah!

Digifan316: They begged me to repair them.

GameGirl: You're out of your mind!

Tom (singing): I get knocked down, but I get up again! You're never going to keep me down!

(Kaden growls and kicks Tom down.)

Digifan316: Whoa, nice kick.

Kaden: Thanks.

Crow: Hahaha! GameGirl kicked you down! You were saying, Tom? HAHAHAHAHA!

(GameGirl snarls and punches Crow so hard that his whole head pops)

Crow: Oh, dangit!

Kaden: Oh, that felt good.

GameGirl: No kidding.

Kaden: So what fanfic are we MiSTing?

Digfan316: One of yours.

Kaden: Which is? (closes her eyes thinking) please don't let it be another Dai bashing fic! Please let it not be another Dai bashing fic!

Digfan316: A lime.

Kaden: (her eyes pop open in excitement.) 'Please let it be a Kensuke! Please let it be a Kensuke! Or a Sorato or Daikari! I don't care!)

Digfan316: "Coach Kamiya is Gonna SCORE!"

Kaden: Huh?

GameGirl: Oh, sounds like a Taiora to me.

Kaden (thinking): A TAIORA? NOOOO!

Digifan316: Yup. It's one of my favorites. Come along.

Kaden: Actually, I think I'll just--

(Digfan316 pulls on Kaden's hand and they enter the theatre. Kaden glares at GameGirl and GameGirl smiles nervously. Digifan316 notices that Kaden, believing she is GameGirl, doesn't poke at the bubbles)

Kaden (thinking): there's no place like home…there's no place like home!

Digfan316: (thinking) weird…she didn't poke at the bubbles this time.

Kaden (thinking): If GameGirl wasn't in my body, I'd kill her!

GameGirl (thinking): oh, look at Kaden glaring at me that way. She'd kill me if I weren't in her body!

Wolfspirit (thinking): I wonder what's playing at the real theatres tonight. I'm not really in the mood to read another fanfic.

(The four join the rest of the authors to MiST--"Coach Kamiya is Gonna SCORE!" They have no idea that GameGirl and Kaden are who they think they are.)

TBC