Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Destined To Be ❯ Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Notes: I don't know about this. Guess I will try to work on this some more, idea wise after I write this part. Working on backgrounds, the villain and things. It's important to me. Also if you guys want to read about the backgrounds of the characters of my story go to: http://www.geocities.com/universe_empress_2000/index.html This is where all MY stories are put in with more color and designs of the story line I am following. Hope you like this part as well as the other two. If you haven't read the other two, please do or you will most likely get lost in this part. Thanks. Hope this helps all you Takari lovers out there.

Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon. There I said it *weeps*


Destined To Be
Part 3

Written by: Fairy Empress
thefairyempress@yahoo.com



A brilliant light, too pure and unreal to be true covered the area like a thick fog. The girl stood alone, her eyes taking everything in noting that in the vast of nothingness there seemed to be something. A Dream, Kari Kamiya thought, this has to be a Dream, but why does it feel real? As if to answer her question a beam of colored light, of all the colors of the rainbow, filled the area and then she saw the shadowed figure of a girl in front of her.

"Kari?" the soft male voice came through the area and she turned to see T.K.

Like her, he was in his pajamas and like herself he seemed to realize this was more than just any dream.

"T.K? Why? Are you in my dream or am I in yours?" Kari asked, coming to stand next to him.

"I think we're in each others." Was the only answer he gave.

"Yes, you are in each other's dream." The female figure told them.

Both fifteen year olds looked at her, feeling somehow they were connected to her.

"How…Who are you?" T.K. asked, his arm going in front of Kari as if to protect her.

"Don't be afraid, I am the last person that would ever harm either of you."

"How do we know that? You could be some dream psycho killer for all we know."

Kari had to smile at T.K.'s words.

"What I can let you know is that a new evil has come to your time."

"A new evil?"

"This evil, unlike the ones you have fought before is neither Digimon nor Human but a combination of the two that is pure evil. The force will try to destroy your lives once again and you must not let it happen."

Kari touched T.K.'s arm and moved to stand next to him, looking directly at the figure.
"What do you mean again? Is something going to happen to us?"

"I can not reveal that, I have told you too much as it is. I come to warn you only because a force that you created will try to separate you two and you must not let it happen. This force has not yet been allowed to know the truth and does not know what the actions will cause. You two along with your brothers and friends must find a way to stop the evil and save yourselves without destroying the power you created. Only by the two of you can you stop the clock from running out along with your very lives."

The shadow somehow seemed saddened by this, and started to fade from their view.
"Please! What does this mean?! Can't you tell us?"

The shadow faded more and the more Kari tried to get it back the less she could see of it. She finally saw it disappear and glanced into T.K.'s calm eyes.

"What does this mean?" she asked, her voice filled with confusion.

"I don't have the slightest clue."

In two different apartment buildings, two teenagers woke up covered in sweat and with a whole new set of worries.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kari and T.K. had met at the path that crossed by both apartments along with Yolei and Cody. Yolei had been the first person after T.K. that Kari had called that morning after the dream. Her head full of frustration at what it meant and why it seemed only she and T.K. had the dream. She didn't want to tell Tai yet cause he would get too protective over this. Besides, explaining that I was dreaming and a boy was in my dream, even if the boy was T.K. was hard enough then add in the strange girl and where would I start? Kari thought.

The four of them stopped by the middle school and waved to Cody as he headed to class and they continued to the high school. Yolei saw that Kari and T.K. were so closely walking together that if she didn't know better it was like they were dating. After the dream that Kari had explained and T.K.'s same version left her asking questions herself. Watching the two, two of her best friends, it was interesting since ever since she had known them and it had seemed by Sora that even before then the two of them had a bond that went past friendship. Now just say that in front of Davis and watch the sparks fly, Yolei thought with a smug grin. Everyone knew and she knew that Davis had to admit it that the two of them more than any of the others belonged together. Sora and Mimi were the only other ones that she could get to admit it though. Like Izzy and I do, she thought dreamily only to have her thoughts interrupted.

"Oh, Yolei I totally forgot to ask about you and Izzy last night." Kari said, as T.K. smiled.

"So did you two finally admit your feelings or what?" T.K. asked, nodding to the gate a block away that had all the older kids standing there already.

"We had a very nice time, thank you very much." Yolei's face turning crimson.

"Come on, Yolei you will give in sooner or later."

"I thought you said you two were meant to be?" Kari asked, noticing that Izzy was in the group ahead and was glancing their way.

"We are, just like you and T…" Yolei stopped in mid-sentence as she saw Izzy.

"What's Yolei talking about, Kari? You and who?" Davis asked, seeming to appear out of nowhere from behind them.

"No one, Davis," Kari told him with a firm look at Yolei, before passing her and the rest of the gang and into the school courtyard.

T.K. shook his head and Davis wore a confused look as he followed the two of them.
At lunch, Kari and T.K. cornered Izzy and Yolei to ask Izzy's help on the strange dream. They were holding hands, a sure sign to the two of them that Yolei and Izzy were defiantly an item now.

"From what you two describe it seems this message was meant for only the two of you," Izzy thoughtfully told them, "A new evil, then a warning about a force you two created trying to hurt you two, that all of us needing to help but only you two can stop it. Leaves a lot of blanks."

The whole time he was typing everything into his laptop while Yolei stood behind him, a hand on his shoulder. After getting a hold of the two of them, the four had decided to move to an empty classroom to talk.

"And something else was strange, Izzy," Kari started, remembering back, "it felt like I was somehow connected to this person talking."

"I know what you mean, like a hidden pull and understanding."

"Exactly, I couldn't reason why I felt it I just did. Strange, huh?"

"And neither one of you have told Tai or Matt about this?" Izzy asked, not even glancing at them.

"NO!!" they both declared at the same time making Izzy look at them.

"Well, you know how protective Tai is and if I told him I had a dream with a guy in it, even if the guy is T.K, you know he would flip. He refuses to let me even think about dating even if he and Sora have dated since they were fourteen, and to let him know this it would like be asking him to lock me up and throw away the key."

"Talking to Matt wasn't high on my priorities this morning, he's so busy and I didn't even know what this dream means." T.K. admitted.

"Then leave the fact out that you both were in each other's dream and I don't see the problem. Tai can't argue with the fact you both had the same dream. We need to get everyone involved in this."

"Izzy's right, we need to let the others know. If we have a new problem then everyone needs the head up on this."

"Problem? What's going on guys?" the door opened to reveal Davis, Matt, Tai, and Sora.
"Come in and we'll explain." Izzy told the four, not noticing the uncomfortable looks that came over Kari and T.K.'s faces.

~


When everyone thing was explained, Izzy thought it was best to wait and talk to the remaining Destined before continuing with what to do with the problem. Davis sent both Kari and T.K. confused looks during the whole discussion, but it didn't escape him that neither one talked nor moved more than five feet from the other the entire time. Something was up, and it was more than they were telling.

The minute school was over the eight of them headed to the middle school and then to the college where Joe was, Matt and Tai going to get him. Everyone decided the best place to discuss this was at the park, away from their parents and other distractions.

"So this dream, only Kari and T.K. dreamt so this means we only have what they saw to go on. Seems really strange that it singled you two out, I mean out of all of us."

"Not strange as much as unusual, it was meant for them but involves all of us. They are the key factors in this entire scenario. I just wish I had more to go on."

"Well, if there isn't any thing else, I really need to get going." Sora told them, standing up.

"Where are you going?"

"To get Mimi. She's due at the airport in an hour and I need to beat traffic."

"So she's going to be here for two weeks instead of the one week?" Joe asked, adjusting his glasses.

"Yeah, her school gets two weeks for vacation while we only get one, since we need to finish this week she decided to come early and be around while we finish out the week and then a whole week of vacation together."

"All the Digi-Destined together again." Cody announced.

"Need company, Sora?" Kari asked, making Davis and T.K. look at her.

"Sure. You want to come, Yolei?" Sora asked, her tone more demanding than asking.
Sensing that it was going to be girl-talk time, Yolei reluctantly got up. The three went to Sora's van and left for the airport, leaving the guys to talk.

"Glad Mimi's coming, Joe?" Matt asked, elbowing Tai.

"Sure. She only gets to visit once in a while."

"I don't think that's what Matt meant, Joe," Izzy told him noticing that Tai and Matt wore huge grins, "more that you are happy that she's coming to visit on a personal level."

"Oh." Joe said and lowered his eyes, giving the other six boys a chance to nod at each other.

"So I see that you and Yolei are finally together," Tai nodded to Izzy, "Sora thought as much last night."

"Yolei and I came to a mutual understanding last night."

"Which translates to that they made out for an hour or two and decided to become officially a couple." Matt announced.

"Which only means that you are the only one out of the older ones of us to have a girlfriend lack."

Matt glared at Izzy for the comment. Davis, T.K. and Cody were enjoying the four of the older boys antagonizing each other and Matt glared at his brother.

"You try having girls constantly throw themselves, literally, at you all the time and then re-think your decision on girlfriends. I am perfectly happy being a bachelor."

"You know, if you had a girlfriend those girls would probably back off." Cody added into the conversation.

"But Cody, you don't get my point. Just cause I said what I said doesn't mean I don't like it." Matt said with a laugh.

"See what fame does to you, goes straight to your head." T.K. told Davis.

"If it meant Kari throwing herself at me, I am all for it."

"And Davis, if I were you, I'd run." Joe told the younger boy.

"Why?"

"Cause in three seconds Tai will be using your face as a punching bag." Izzy added.
The other five broke into laughter as Davis took off with Tai at his heels.

~


"Alright, Kari, spill it." Sora told the youngest of the group as the three girls plus one pink haired addition were in the van that was covered in pink match luggage.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Kari assured her.

"Oh, no. I've seen that look of I'm-hiding-something look of yours before."

Mimi sat next to Sora, having been filled in on what happened. She turned in her seat, watching Kari sitting next to Yolei shift. Mimi nodded to Sora, who glanced in her rear view mirror.

"Look, I don't want to talk about it."

"Fine, then I will," Yolei smiled, "Kari dreamt about T.K. last night."

That announcement made Sora almost slam on the brakes and Mimi squealed with delight.

"Oh, Kari I knew that you and T.K. belonged together."

"Why'd you have to say anything, Yolei, now they don't understand and you are letting them believe.." Kari gave a frustrated growl and sighed, "The dream last night, well me and T.K. decided to leave out the fact that we were in the dream together."

"You mean you dreamt he was there." Mimi corrected.

"No, I mean we were in the dream together, watching it happen right next to each other. It was strange, like Izzy said it was meant for us but it felt more than that. Somehow it felt…. I don't know, right I guess." Kari finished, looking out the window and Sora looked from the road to the mirror.

Mimi saw Yolei frown and the rest of the drive home was in silence.

~


Mimi had settled into Sora's room, it looked like it was a place intended for flamingos to live in with pink everywhere. Sora shook her head as she sat in her history class working on her mid-term when she heard movement from the front of the class and looked up to see three kids she had never seen before standing with her teacher along with the guidance counselor. She leaned over and shook Tai's arm, making him draw a line across his paper and he looked at her. Matt sat in front of him and turned slightly to include himself in the talk.

"Since when do we get new kids four days before Spring Break?" Sora asked and both looked forward.

"Think this has anything to do with Kari and T.K.'s dream?" Matt whispered.

"Seems too odd for us not to check it out." Tai said firmly.

Tai looked down at his paper and groaned, erasing the angry mark from across it as his teacher spoke.

"Class, I hate to interrupt such hard work but I would like to introduce three new students from…where is it your from?"

"Uptown," the smooth voice of the blond boy said, "I am Morgead Shidia, this is Sam Mikiya and Jake Diko."

The three Destined took in the images of the three new comers. The boy who had spoken was very good looking in Sora's opinion with light blond hair, smoothed back and every hair in place with gray-bluish eyes and a tough image from what she could see in him. The other boy, slightly taller with short spiky blue-black hair and reddish-brown eyes and from the slight glare in his eyes Sora noticed he wore contacts. The lone girl made Sora feel somehow drawn to her more than the other two. She has dark brown hair that she was wearing in a high ponytail at the back top of her head that is to middle of her back in length with hazel eyes. All were in the school uniform and seemed to be looking straight at her, Tai, and Matt.

~


In Davis, Kari, and T.K.'s math class they also received new students. Right in the middle of the small party their usually uptight teacher was allowing for the day after mid-terms for that class and it was calmed down in loudness when the door opened with the Vice-Principal entering followed by two kids none of the three had ever seen before.
After talking to the teacher, his face in defeat at having two more kids in his class, he motioned his hand to the class to be quiet as the other adult talked.

"Looks like we have two new additions to your class, lucky kids to arrive four days before a week of vacation, Derek Tomiymoa and Kat Shitakati. Please welcome them and make them feel at home."

With that, the Vice Principal left and the three Armor-Digimon Destined felt like the something they had been waiting for had finally showed up. The three noticed that while the two wore the school uniform they didn't fit the mold of a student. The first kid was a boy, with brown-red hair cut above his ears and hostile brown eyes. His body language seemed to be Back Off mixed with Don't Touch, the last one seemed to be directed as a warning to the guys in the room for the girl behind him. She was the one that held all the guys attention, with light brown hair that seemed to catch the light in the room and bring out the golden highlights in her hair that was just past her shoulders, held back on the right side by a clip and deep blue eyes. Without question the three new instantly that the new kids were the ones they needed to watch for.

~

Yolei had been in a perfectly thought out day dream after finishing her Debate oral test when the door opened and in entered a girl that she could only describe as fashion conscious with beautiful auburn hair that was in two braids, one on each shoulder with a black velveteen cap on her head and bright violet eyes looking into her own. Only then did Yolei realize she had been staring and wondered why she was so fascinated by the new girl.

~


The future kids of the Digi-Destined moved away from the school the instant the bell dismissed them and they went across the street to get straight what had happened today. Kat knew they had made the right choice in deciding to get close to the others by going to their school but upon seeing her parents at such a close distance it made her mind reel. Only with Derek staying by her had she made it through, she resented his touch-me-not air he had given off to the boys in their classes in regards to her. Like she couldn't watch out for herself or something.

"So that went well, all we have to do is make sure to let the two fall upon others and not each other." Morg stated, leaning against the tree they stood around.

"And not screw this up, or we're screwed." Derek added.

"Like we haven't been over this a million times already." Bella murmured.

"Well some of us haven't been getting our lines right." Derek's comment was directed at Kat.

"I didn't do anything that some one with a pulse wouldn't do. If you want to take that clip off your shoulder for one minute and be human you might realize that I was fitting in. Not sticking out like a sore thumb by playing Mr. Macho like some people."

Derek made a move towards Kat, only to have Morg stick out his leg so Derek was staying on one side and Kat the other.

"Knock it off. Just do your parts and then we can all go home."

Sam nodded, holding Jake's hand and wishing they were home now.

~


Will and Chris landed in the park after dark that same day. Both immediately felt the presence of the other six, the Digi-vices going off and then a shadow fell over the two.

"So, Gennai sent The Golden Boy to save the Damsel in Distress, if I wasn't so sickened I would be touched." Came the mocking feminine voice of Raven.

"Leave it to the Old Bag of Bones to think a few Digi-vices are going to save you from fate." Ryder added.

Although neither of the two could see Raven or Ryder they knew they were there.

"Don't you two have somewhere to be besides giving us your villain speeches," Will scuffed.

"Boy, someone woke up on the wrong side of time this evening. Unfortunately it would be my pleasure to kill you both right now but we do have prior engagements. Be seeing you."

Will waited to hear the sound of the two leaving before glancing at Chris.

"You let them leave? Do you know what those two are going to do?"

"Yeah, but the sooner I get the two of them out of my hair the better. We need to find Kat and the others before they do."

"And how are we going to do that?"

Will looked down.

"With these."




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise the next part is going to be a lot longer, since the first three parts are ten pages. Hope you all liked this part. Get back to me. I will try to get the next part out next week.

~Fairy Empress~