Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digi-tamer Joana ❯ Rise of the Undead King ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Yada, yada, yada.

The Rise of the Undead King

That night, I sat at the coffee table eating rice off of a plate. I rapidly stuffed the chopsticks that held the rice in my mouth when a special report came on.

"This just in, many civilians have been hospitalized due to massive amounts of blood loss. Though the cause is unknown, locals are cautioned to stay inside during the night as that is when the attacks appear to be happening. And now back to your regularly scheduled program," the reporter left the screen and the show that I was watching, Digimon of coarse, came back on. I watched as Myotismon attacked a women that he had come up to. When he left her, she was lying on the ground.

"Hm?" I asked through a mouthful of rice. I swallowed and wiped my face with my sleeve. Then, the phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi Joana," came the voice. None other than my best friend, Jeri. "I was wondering if you could come over to my house. I need help on my art project."

"Sure," I answered. I said good-bye and put down the phone. I put Apumon in my backpack, just incase, and headed out.

Normal point of view: on the other side of town

Myotismon let go of the scruff of Jeri's neck.

"You served me well," Myotismon told a terrified Jeri. "I shall let you live. Now run along."

"But what do you want with Joana?" Jeri asked, her voice shaky.

"My, my. Aren't we just full of questions. Some of those questions are better of not answered," Myotismon replied. "I let you live. Now go before I change my mind!" Jeri ran off crying.

My point of view

I walked along the sidewalk when I saw Jeri running by, her eyes red.

"Jeri, I thought that you said we'd meet at your house," I said, taking a tissue and giving it to Jeri. Jeri took the tissue and wiped her eyes. She then made a weird face and ran off, crying even harder.

"Huh?" I asked. I turned around to see Myotismon.

"B-b-b how--why are YOU here?" I asked. Myotismon smirked.

"Well, that would be to get you my dear," Myotismon answered. "I was sent hear when you became a tamer. And I believe that you can get me back so I can take my revenge on the digidestined." he went for me but I took out Apumon.

"Digi-modify! Digi-volution activate!" I yelled. Myotismon shielded his eyes.

"Apumon digi-volve to… Samomon!" Samomon appeared.

"Samomon! Get him!" I yelled. A sword appeared in her hand.

"Samori Sword!" the sword extended and she went to strike Myotismon. Myotismon simply held out his hand and the sword broke into data.

"You think you can defeat me that easily? Think again!" Myotismon laughed maniacally. I took out a card.

"Things are different here in this world," I said. I showed the front of the card. There was Angewomon on the card. "Things look a lot gentler than they are. Digi-modify! Angewomon Celestial Arrow activate!" a bow appeared in Samomon's hands and soon, an arrow made of light did too. Samomon shot the arrow. Myotismon screamed in pain as the arrow went through his chest. He winced and then laughed. He pulled the arrow out of his chest and threw it at Samomon. She narrowly dodged it. Myotismon then grabbed my arm when there was a voice.

"Fist of the Beast King!" a ball of fire shaped like Leomon's head rushed past and hit Myotismon. Jeri ran up.

"You knew about this?" I asked.

"I--," Jeri trailed off.

"You told him about me?!" I asked. Jeri whimpered.

"He threatened me Joana! I didn't want to but he said that he wasn't going to hurt you! And he said if I didn't, he'd hurt me! I crumble under pressure, you know that!" Jeri answered. I grumbled something then reached into my backpack for my cell phone. I punched in some numbers and held it up to my ear.

Narrators point of view: Rika's house

Rika sat on the steps to her backyard. Her cell phone rang and she took it out of her pocket and pressed the "receive call" button.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Rika? I need your help! Bring Rennamon to the park as fast as you can!" came Joana's voice.

"What for? Besides, it's almost dark!" Rika answered, her voice indicating that she was mad/annoyed.

"Just do it!" Joana answered. Rika then heard Joana's voice but could tell that she wasn't talking into the phone. "Jeri! Are you okay?!" Rika gasped.

"I'll be right there!" she answered. She pressed the "end call" button and put it away. "Rennamon!"

"Yes Rika?" Rennamon asked, appearing out of nowhere.

"We're going on a little trip," Rika answered, getting up. She put her sunglasses on top of her hair and ran out of the yard, with Rennamon blinking in and out following her.

My point of view

Myotismon struck Samomon and she de-digivolved back to Apumon. I ran across the park until I finally caught Apumon. My eyes watered but I held back from crying.

"Apumon, are you okay?" I asked Apumon's still form. I then heard a voice.

"You're not going to hurt my friends anymore!" Rika yelled. "Kyuubimon! Attack!"

"Fox Tail Inferno!" blue flame lit on the tip of each tail and flew off, striking Myotismon. Jeri stood up, holding her arm and wincing.

"Leomon, attack!" Jeri commanded.

"Fist of the Beast King!" the ball of flame shaped like his head appeared from his fists and hit Myotismon. Myotismon winced in pain from the attacks.

"You may have won this round but I promise you that I'll be back and I will get what I want!" a flock of bats acted like a sheet and covered Myotismon. When they were gone, he was too. I whimpered, then broke down crying. Jeri knelt down and patted my shoulder.

"It'll be okay," she said in a comforting voice. I shook my head.

"It's MY fault!" I answered. "He said that he was stuck here when I became a tamer! And now he wants to kill me or whatever so he can go back to his own dimension! If I had just not created Apumon then this never would've happened!" I continued crying. Rika shook her head disapprovingly.

"It's not your fault!" Rika insisted. "He would've come even if you hadn't created Apumon. They just happened to occur at the same time. Now you have two choices: you can either stay here feeling sorry for yourself or you can go back to your apartment and plan what you'll do if or when Myotismon comes back." I looked up, my eyes extremely red. I nodded as I took in what Rika had told me.

"You're right," I said, wiping my eyes. I picked up Apumon. "I'm sorry I said that I wished you were never created Apumon. You're one of my best friends."

"It's okay. I knew you didn't mean it," Apumon answered.

"I'd better go. My mom'll have a cow if I'm not home soon," I said picking up Apumon.

Narrator's point of view: Myotismon's layer

Myotismon paced the floor.

"How am I going to get her with those little pests in my way?" he asked himself. A mega level digimon resembling Ladydevimon appeared.

"Let me take care of them Myotismon," she said.

"Fine, Nightshademon," Myotismon answered, waving his hand for her to go. Nightshademon smirked.

"She created me," Nightshademon said as she flew out. "Her mistake, my advantage." Nightshademon flew out into the night, laughing maniacally.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

So that's it for the third chapter. Will Nightshademon succeed? Wait for the next chapter: The Wrath of Nightshademon