Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digi Trek: Koushiro - The Wrath of Ken ❯ When Good Officers Go Bad ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER TWO:

When Good Officers Go Bad

Koushiro waited until the last shuttle for earth was to depart before going home. He didn't want to get home at a decent hour, since he could tell by the look on Tai and Admiral McDougall's faces, that they had planned some sort of party. He, though, didn't want to have a party, since it was just promotion.
When the shuttle landed on the Earth spaceport in San Francisco, Koushiro then took a commuter shuttle to Odaiba. It'd be a two-hour flight overseas, since the shuttle was extremely fast. He could've used a transporter, but there was some sort of storm in the pacific, that would disrupt his signal.
"We will be arriving at Tokyo Shuttle Port in 5 minutes. Please fasten your seat belts, and thank you for flying with Federation Shuttles." The flight attendant said.
The room lights dimmed, and a light blue glow from the ceiling replaced the bright white lights.
Koushiro peered through the window beside him. The lights in the Odaiba harbour twinkled like little Christmas tree lights, and the buildings, Christmas trees. The moon shone brightly over the calm blue sea. Ships and boats were docked alongside tall factories and dilithium refineries.
Then, the shuttle touched the ground with a small bump, and it slowed to a halt in front of a large shuttle port. Koushiro could see many shuttles scattered along the open field near the building. Shuttles were being boarded, refueled, or restocked with supplies. Some were to go halfway around the world, and some just to a neighboring country. Even if transporters were a very common means for transport, people still used trains, ships, and some, even use cars, since once in a while, there could be a problem with the transporter network, blocking off access to a certain location, or shutting down every transporter connected to the network.
Koushiro walked out of the shuttle, and into the spaceport. He then contacted his parents that he'd be on his way. They were extremely glad to hear that their son would be coming home for with extended shore leave.
Koushiro walked along the corridors of the shuttle port, and then entered an elevator.
"Please specify deck desired." The elevator computer spoke.
Koushiro cleared his throat, and said, "Deck A, section 001-A."
"Thank you." The elevator replied, and began its descent.
When the elevator finally stopped, Koushiro stepped out, and walked towards the shuttle port entrance. Outside, he saw many taxicabs and buses picking up or dropping off passengers. It was already 2:30 in the morning, and still, it looked as if it was still daytime.

*
When Koushiro arrived, he was greeted with a warm welcome from his parents. Mrs. Izumi was baking a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, and Mr. Izumi was wrapping a box in white paper.
Something very strange was going on, Koushiro thought. Why were his parents wide awake when it was extremely late?
"Okay…" he began, "mom, dad? What's going on?"
At the exact moment he finished asking the question, Tai, Matt, Sora,
Joe, TK and Wallace came jumping up from behind chairs and tables or sprang out from broom closets.
"SURPRISE!!!" they yelled altogether. Streamers, balloons and confetti dropped from the ceiling, and Mrs. Izumi wheeled out a cake with a large communicator pin design in the middle. And in gold lettering, the words "To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before" were printed.
Tai, Matt, Sora, Joe, TK and Wallace each held up wrapped boxes.
Tai was the first to step up. "Hey man, congratulations on becoming captain. I uh, had a bad feeling when Joe said you failed." And then he handed Koushiro the box he was carrying.
Joe was next to speak. "I lied about you failing. In truth, you did pass. Congratulations." He handed over his box, and then added, "Oh, I almost forgot…happy birthday."
Koushiro had completely forgotten that today was his birthday.
"Well, you know…I could pull a few strings so we all don't have to work tomorrow," Joe began, "so, why don't we celebrate right now?"
Everyone cheered, and started to walk around the room talking to each other. Mr. Izumi had put up a sound shield so that they wouldn't disturb the neighbors.
Just then, the TV turned on, and a man in a dark grey suit with neatly combed hair appeared on the screen.
"We interrupt this broadcast to bring you an important bulletin." He said.
At his words, everyone in the room turned towards the television.
"Digifleet officer, Lieutenant Commander Kenneth Ichijouji has gunned down three other officers, and escaped in a heavily armored shuttlecraft. Sources tell us he is to rendezvous with a Federation battlecruiser, USS Wolverine." He continued.
"Oh damn…and she was one day away from retirement." Matt said sarcastically.
"Well, I suppose Digifleet Security can deal with them." Joe finally said after about a minute of silence. "I hope Lieutenant Darisano doesn't make a fuss about this…he always makes a fuss of things."
"I remember that time he wouldn't stop ranting about that time I accidentally switched his timetable or something, and he had to work in Waste Disposal for two days." Wallace put in.
"Or that Egyptianos Diplomatic issue…" Matt said.
"What Egyptianos?" TK asked, confused, and not knowing what Matt was talking about.
"Oh," Matt began, "you were still at the academy. Anyways, Izz over there said the wrong thing, and it turned out to be a swear word in the Egyptianonian."
"Oh right…tribulation turned out to be fu-" said Koushiro.
Everyone in the room laughed and continued to joke about things, but what the next day had in store for them was definitely not funny or relatively funny.