Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ DigiCraft ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue

When the girl arrived in the Digital world, many of its inhabitants simply ignored her. These days, human visitors were rather common, though a bit uncomfortably common. It always seemed to the inhabitants that the humans always had to stay a long time, ruin part of the Digiworld, then cry when they had to leave. It was unsettling, along with annoying. Depression was so full of the Digiworld these days .

The girl had jet-black hair and pale skin, it made her seem like she hadn't been in the sun for the extent of her life. Along side that, she wore clothes that pretty much rendered her off as a Goth, or someone who was just depressed twenty-four seven. She pretty much walked with grace, but she kept her eyes trained on the ground, like there was something so interesting there that she couldn't take her eyes off of it.

Unlike the other humans that came to the Digital world, this girl didn't appear to have a digimon partner. The onrush of digimon partners was beginning to make them scarce, and it was a good thing for the digimon who wished to be independent that this girl didn't seem to seek a partner. But ironically good, it was one of those things were it seems something dark clouds the true reason. However, that didn't matter to the digimon at the moment. Vacation was at hand.

The gothic girl seemed to hang around the old deserted houses that lay near the edge of the digiworld. She tended to hang around the old deserted cathedral in particular, and around the graveyard that was behind the cathedral. As she didn't appear to disturb the graves, the digimon paid no attention to her.

She was seen over by the digital ocean at some times. The digimon began to wonder who exactly she was, for when she inspected the ocean, she'd inspect some gooey mess that was beginning to spread its way over the water. It was odd, nevertheless, for the gooey mess hadn't been there before she arrived. Every day it seemed to enlarge. The digimon weren't too sure what it was.

However, one day, the girl wasn't seen at the cathedral or the ocean. A handful of curious digimon organized a scattered search, for they were compassionate to any creatures that entered their dimension. The search didn't last long, and they didn't find her. After a week of searching, the party gave up, figuring she was just lost forever.

Months later, a digimon witnessed the same girl that had disappeared running from the direction of the ocean. She was splattered with the black ooze, and there were huge gashes in numerous places on her, where blood leaked out slowly. One that haunted the digimon was a large slash that ran through one of her eyes. It didn't seem she would be able to see from that eye ever again.

As the girl fell dead from loss of blood at the digimon's feet, he noticed something odd that was happening with the black ooze. Not only did the ooze begin to attract flies, but it also seemed to be slowly dissolving the girl's body. The digimon took a step back, and turned and fled from the gruesome scene.

The girl's body was gone by sunrise the next day.

The inhabitants of the digiworld only had a designated amount of time to find out the cause of the girl's death, and what exactly was happening at the ocean. For that, they seek a warrior who would be able to fight whatever dark force was tainting the water.

They didn't realize other horrors were soon to surface from that water.