Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ DigiCraft ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

Kath spun around, and looked, but the demon was nowhere to be found. Legend could of sworn that she saw steam come out of Kath's ears.

"I told you not to trust that demon!" Kath hissed at Legend, keeping her voice low but enough that she could catch the noticeable anger that was implanted within it.

"I'm right here you fools…" The voice came from in the shadows, and when Kath looked again, she could see yellow eyes glowing from in the pitch-blackness behind them. Legend shuddered, for it was eerie. But it was better then red eyes glowing in pitch-black darkness. Now that would be just totally freaky.

"Gah…whatever…" Kath visibly relaxed.

Audramon had her own problems. As the light began to fade away, everything suddenly didn't look so happy and blissful anymore (not that it did in the first place). When darkness settled in, Audramon felt haunted by the giant eyeballs that were on the huts of the digimon. Her imagination began to take her away, and she visualized the digimon, coming back, twisted by this evil to hideous proportions, and all coming towards her and the group non-stop. First there would be one. Then Two. Then an army of them. All walking…stalking…steadily… like they had all the time in the world…

Her imagination began to take her awaym and she visualized the digimon, coming back, twisted by this evil to hideous proportians, and all coming towards her and the group non-stop. First there would beone. Then Two. Then an army of them. All walking...stalkig...steadily...like they had all the time in the world

Audramon shook her head and took a deep, shaking breath.

Foxermon was thinking of inspecting one of the buildings. He cautiously placed a paw on the Creep. There was a slight tingling, but no pain, and he was relieved of that. There had been enough pain for one day. He put all four feet on the Creep, and the effect remained the same.

Foxermon turned to Legend.

"Legend, I'm going to go and check out one of those huts. Maybe we can like, use it to sleep in or something," He said, tilting his head and rearing up on his hind legs, placing his front paws on Legend's pant leg. She looked down at him, then nodded in approval.

Foxermon placed his paws back on the Creep. The same tingling sensation returned to his front paws. It was slightly uncomfortable, but it wasn't that bad. He trotted off, through the deserted houses.

For some reason he didn't know, he felt like he was walking the green mile.

Foxermon continued to walk down aisles of evil-consumed huts. Each one's huge eye seemed to follow him as he crept by on the purple road to nowhere. He felt the uncomfortable feeling he was being watched.

He finally decided to get it over with. He had told Legend that he was going to go into one of the houses, so there was no point in not doing so. He turned to the nearest house. He couldn't even see the others from how far he had wandered through the deserted streets of the little in-training villiage.

He placed his paws on the front door of the hut he had chosen. The door creaked slightly, but it didn't move. Foxermon put his paws back down on the Creep and looked up at the door. Then, he nudged at it with his shoulder, and it creaked open a bit more. Finally, he put all his weight on it, and the door swung open and hit the other wall of the hut with a sharp crack.

Foxermon was hit by a huge wave of humid air, and it was almost suffocating. He gagged in the sheer humidity. He found in the hut…

…Nothing. The place was bare. The walls seemed pitch black. He slowly walked into the hut, looking from one wall to another. His imagination portrayed demons on the wall but he knew they weren't there. Still, he felt slightly frightened.

His foot hit something heavy on the ground. He glanced down, and saw a heavy slab of wood. He noticed a sizable amount of dust on the top of it. He hadn't been in the villiage for a couple of months, but he didn't think that the infestation in this village could have been this long. Had Me-ness been lying?

He nudged at the slab of wood. It didn't move. He'd need Legend and Kath to move this, probably. He nudged at it again just for chance.

It moved considerably. He was intrigued. He pushed at it again. It moved again. Finally, he gave it all he had, and it completely uncovered a hidden staircase.

Foxermon sniffed at the staircase's entrance. It smelled rancid, and …well, old. He could also smell fresh water down there. He faintly could hear running water. Underground spring, maybe?

He put a paw on the stone stair, and started heading down. He looked up again, his heart beating rapidly as he feared that the wood slab would magically slide back over. It didn't.

He looked p again, his heart beating rapidly as he feared that the wood slab would magically slide back over. It didn't.

He looked back at the stairway. He continued down, as the air became colder. He shuddered, despite the humidity that clung to his fur. It was pure dark, and soon the entrance to the staircase became the size of a baseball. As Foxermon put his paw down, there was nothing there.

Was he at the end of the staircase? He tried again. No, there was another stair there. But it felt weirder. It was sort of…plant like. He stepped down, and all of his paws slipped, and he found himself sliding down what dimly felt like the root of a tree.

His blood started pumping wildly and he could hear it in his ears, no matter how loud he screamed.