Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ Ocean Area Cleared! ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter features Takeru, Hikari, and Daisuke again. There really isn't much more I can say about this chapter, that the title doesn't already imply. Now, as always, I do not own anything dealing with the Digimon anime, manga, or games; Bandai and Toei have that honor.
 
Chapter 18: “???????????????????? ???????!”
Arigatou gozaimasu, Angewomon, Stingmon!”
Thank you very much, Angewomon, Stingmon!” Ocean Area Cleared!
 
“Ahh, I had a good night's sleep,” Takeru stretched as he stared out at the beautiful, blue sea.
 
“I slept well too,” Daisuke yawned, “but what are we going to do now?”
 
“We go find Ichijouji-kun, of course, and then we go find Patamon and V-mon and then we find a way home. Our families are probably worried.”
 
Takeru sat down on the sandy ground, while Daisuke remained standing, his arms stubbornly crossed. “Yeah yeah yeah, but why are we taking so long to leave?”
 
“Tailmon said it was still too early to go out, and she said if we're going to be scouting around, that we'll need supplies first.”
 
“Shouldn't we be helping them?”
 
Takeru could only shrug to his friend's inquiry. “We probably should, but Tailmon said that she and Hikari-chan could handle things...oh, and that we'd probably get in the way because we play too much.”
 
“We do not play too much!” Daisuke firmly insisted with a scoff. “Anyway, wanna race to that coconut tree and back?”
 
“You're on!!”
 
“No way I'm going to let a shrimp beat me!” Daisuke playfully chastised.
 
“I bet you I will beat you and I'm no shrimp!”
 
The two boys readied themselves, the coconut tree Daisuke had pointed out in sight.
 
“On your mark...”
 
“...get set...”
 
“GO!!” both shouted together.
 
They both ran as fast as they could, to get to the tree. Daisuke managed to get ahead of Takeru, which didn't last. The goggle-less boy tripped over some driftwood, which allowed Takeru to gain the victory. After his win, he rushed back over to help Daisuke up. “Since you tripped, wanna race again?”
 
“Ow, my leg! I scratched it!”
 
“Maybe Tailmon can fix it, but until she comes back, you probably should wrap it up. Maybe I have something we can use.” Before the spiky-haired boy could protest, Takeru dug through his pockets, hoping to find a cloth to wrap around his friend's scratch. Instead, he felt something metallic. He pulled it out. “Hey, look-it! Look at what I just found!”
 
Daisuke stood up, and stared down at the shorter boy's hand. “Hey, it's a Digivice.”
 
“It's my Digivice! I wonder why I have this old model instead of my D-3.”
 
“I wonder if I have mine's.”
 
The boy dug through his pockets, and found both his D-3 and D-Terminal. Takeru stared on in slight jealousy. “How come you still have a D-3, and I don't?”
 
Daisuke could only shrug as he returned the objects to his pocket. “Hey, look! It's Hikari-chan and Tailmon.”
 
The two boys ran up to the two, who seemed to be carrying an abundance of fruit and a couple of big bottles filled with something that neither could make out, as they weren't transparent. Tailmon was carrying a couple of bags. “It's time for a bit of breakfast,” Hikari told them. “Hope you guys don't mind fish, coconut milk, and mango.”
 
“Daisuke, what happened to your leg?” Tailmon questioned.
 
“Ahh, it's nothing. Takeru and I were racing, and I tripped over a piece of driftwood and scratched by leg.”
 
Tailmon sighed in exasperation, glad that the two hadn't helped her and Hikari prepare for their trip. The previous night, when the boys were gathering firewood, they ended up play-fighting, like two pirates in a swordfight, and Takeru ended up cutting his arm. She remembered Daisuke mentioning something about “playing One Piece”, imitating they'd seen on some series about pirates, but she had no idea what that meant, and frankly, she didn't care. She bandaged him up, but figured that their being forced to the Digital World was having quite an effect on the two. They were literally acting like a couple of hyper-active eight-year-old boys who didn't have much of a care in the world. She was also starting to wonder if those two realized the situation they were forced into.
 
Tailmon set down one of her bags, and pulled out a small, blue box. She took out a cloth, some antiseptic, and got to work on bandaging up the hyper boy's leg. When done, she put everything away and headed back towards the beach. Hikari set up breakfast for them underneath one of the palm trees near by. There was a big group of them, and the shade there was incredibly cool, and the breeze made it even more ideal. “Oh, Tailmon, I forgot the cups for the water and the milk. I'll go get them.”
 
“Hikari,” Tailmon called, “be careful, and go there and come straight back.”
 
She smiled to her. “Don't worry, I know where it is and my way around, like you showed me.”
 
The girl rushed off to gather cups for her friends. On the way back, she felt that something was following her. She knew that the wise thing to do, would be to keep going, but she decided to investigate instead. She didn't fear what was coming towards her. “Who's there?”
 
Four Digimon stepped out from the shadows, causing the girl to shriek in surprise...
****
“...and after I fell, Takeru came to help me up, and when he went in his pocket, he found his Digivice!”
 
“And you say it's a regular-model one?”
 
“Yeah,” he pulled out the device, and showed it to the feline, “but Daisuke-kun has his D-3 and D-Terminal. If I met up with Patamon, and we had to fight, he wouldn't be able to armor evolve to Pegasmon (Pegasusmon) since I don't have my Digimental of Hope stored in my D-Terminal since I no longer have a D-Terminal.”
 
“Let's just hope we won't have to fight period. I was planning a route for us to take, where we'll be most unnoticed. I've already discussed it with Hikari.”
 
“Shouldn't Hikari-chan be back by now?”
 
Hearing Takeru's words, the cat stood up quickly, growing quite alert. The boy was right. She started off, Takeru and Daisuke right behind her. “Hikari!!” Tailmon shouted in relief, when she saw the girl walking towards them. “Wait, who's that with her?” With the young girl, were four, smaller creatures. Two were flying beside her (one resembled a bird, while the other looked a bit like a guinea pig), and the other two were walking (one was blue, while the other resembled a creepy crawly insect).
 
“IT'S PATAMON!!!!”
 
“V-MON IS WITH THEM TOO!!”
 
Both boys dashed off, and pretty much tackled their partners, giving them huge hugs.
 
“It's great to see you again, Takeru, but how come you're so small now? When we saw Hikari she said she didn't know why.”
 
“I don't know why. I didn't mean to age backwards.”
 
“It doesn't matter; it's just great to see you again,” he smiled.
 
“How have you been, V-mon! I've missed you a whole lot!”
 
“I've been okay, Daisuke. I'm glad you're back, but it's weird seeing you smaller than I remember you.”
 
“Hey,” Daisuke pointed, “you kept my friendship bracelet!”
 
He nodded. “After the Digital World was done reformatting, Gennai gave it back to me. We're an inseparable team and best friends to the end!”
 
Patamon and V-mon's two traveling companions could only laugh at the sight of the reminiscing going on, but the feline didn't seem too concerned with that at the moment. Tailmon rounded on the two remaining members of the foursome, not really pleased to see them. “Wormmon, Hawkmon, what are you two doing here instead of guarding your areas?!”
 
“Well, there have been quite a few problems lately,” Hawkmon explained. “My area is okay, and so is Wormmon's as we rarely have anyone attack there. And as far as I know, there hasn't been any trouble dealing with the other areas currently being monitored by us; but, a couple of our fellow Digimon allies have gone missing.”
 
Hikari joined Tailmon, Hawkmon, and Wormmon, curious as to what they were discussing. “Missing?”
 
Wormmon nodded with a squeak. “Palmon and Tentomon are missing. They disappeared almost an entire day ago. It was said that Tentomon's area was attacked and trashed by cyborg-looking Digimon, and that he was taken away. Palmon's area is close to his, and no one's seen her either, so we're just assuming she was captured too.
 
“When finding out the news from the Owlmon that was in the area, I passed the information along to Hawkmon. His area is close to mine. Hawkmon decided that we should go in search of Tentomon and Palmon, since our areas seem to never have attacks like Agumon, Gabumon, Piyomon, Tentomon, Palmon, and Gomamon do. Oh, and you. You guys seem to get it the worst.”
 
`For the past couple of days, though, it really hasn't been…'
 
“We decided not to bother them with this information since - like Wormmon said - they usually have their hands full with Digimon attacking their areas on an almost daily basis. Continuing on, after Wormmon gave me the information yesterday, he checked out Tentomon's area, while I checked out Palmon's and there was no sign of her. We've been traveling for most of the night to talk with you to see what you felt we should do about this situation, and if you knew how we could contact Armadimon. According to our sources, he hasn't been seen in the area he's to protect for days now. I'm not sure if he's back or not, yet, since I haven't been there myself to visit for about four days now.”
 
“What!”
 
“A Revolmon (Deputymon) is keeping the area protected. He mentioned something about Armadimon leaving on some urgent business. This is Armadimon here; his idea of business is usually napping under a tree.”
 
“How irresponsible of him! I will talk with him about that first chance I get.”
 
“I just wish we had better means of communication,” Wormmon muttered under his breath. He hated the fact that they all had to travel or send a Digimon out just to relay messages to one another.
 
“Just a while ago, before bumping into Hikari-san, we ran into Patamon and V-mon. They, apparently, had something to discuss with you.”
 
“Hmm, this is pretty serious,” Tailmon uttered, while rubbing her furry chin.
 
During the conversation, Wormmon had been looking around hopefully. “Is Ken-chan here?”
 
Takeru shook his head. “We were about to go look for him.”
 
“What about Miyako-san?”
 
“We don't know if she's here in the Digital World or not, but we do know that Ken is around someplace. When being forced back here, he was with me.”
 
“I don't know what we should do. We have to now add Tentomon and Palmon to our search.”
 
“We need answers and more information. We really need to find Gennai-san.”
 
“Ken-chan first!!”
 
“Don't worry, Wormmon, we will, but Hawkmon is right. We really do need to go in search of him.”
 
“What do you mean, V-mon? What I meant was that we should go visit him in his new location and we all know where that is. He no longer resides in that underground home of his.”
 
“I guess you guys haven't talked to Agumon lately or visited his area. Gennai has been missing for a few days now.”
 
“That's what V-mon and I were coming to talk to you about, but when Hawkmon and Wormmon started talking about Tentomon and Palmon when bumping into us, I guess it slipped our minds.”
 
“Oh no!!” Tailmon groaned. “You can't be serious! Who's keeping an eye on things if he's missing?”
 
“Wait, what do you mean Gennai-san is missing?” Hikari asked, wanting some confirmation.
 
“According to what Agumon told me, he had been researching and collecting information on the head Digimon that's been causing all of the trouble. The Holy Beast Guardians told him not to and to let them handle it. They weren't doing anything good enough for Gennai, so he went out on his own. He discovered his where-a-bouts and everything.”
 
“Uh-oh, that's not good,” Takeru grimaced, while hugging Patamon tighter.
 
“We don't know who the head Digimon is. That information wasn't revealed to Agumon. Agumon said that he thinks it's a way to protect us from doing something as rash as Gennai. She's keeping that secret. She knows pretty much all that's going on; minus the where-a-bouts of Gennai and mentioned that she'll reveal that information, when the time is right.”
 
“So it was that person who told him, eh?”
 
V-mon nodded to Hawkmon in response. “Well, if she said so, then it must be true. I've never met her directly,” Tailmon stated, “but I've heard good things about her from Gennai, although, I find it a bit peculiar how she hasn't done much up until now. She's always been pretty much behind the scenes.”
 
“Do you know where this head Digimon is? I want to meet this Digimon face-to-face and teach him a lesson he'll never forget, for hurting our friends and innocent Digimon!”
 
“Stop thinking irrationally,” Tailmon scolded the hyper, maroon-haired boy. “You know you can't fight against a Digimon alone; I'm surprised that Gennai actually tried it.
 
“Anyway, let's go sit where Hikari set up our meal. I think better when comfortable.”
 
They made their way back to the shady palm, but the food and drink went untouched, as they continued to discuss the situation at hand, although most of the conversation was dominated by V-mon, Hawkmon, and Tailmon. Wormmon was a bit sulky, and kept silent for the most part. The kids just sat there quietly, listening closely. Hikari observed the Digimon during the discussion, and found it amazing how much both Patamon and V-mon had grown. They seemed as mature as both Hawkmon and Tailmon with the way they were participating in the conversation.
 
“About what you said earlier, it seems highly aberrant of him to do something like that, especially against the will of the Holy Beast Guardians. Maybe there was more to it than frustration on the part of Gennai-san,” Hawkmon proposed.
 
“That does sound strange,” Patamon slowly nodded while resting atop Takeru's head, “but maybe that's the only reason he needed. These random attacks have been going on for a good while now, even before we knew of them, and before we decided to go back to protecting areas again. We just did that about a month ago. The Holy Beast Guardians seemed to be biding their time with the situation.”
 
V-mon nodded as he rubbed his chin. “Patamon could be right. I guess he just ran out of patience since it had gone on for so long, without their doing much of anything, unless they had some kind of a plan.”
 
“But what kind of a plan could they possibly have that would take this long to execute? Even with Gennai-san being missing, they're still not doing anything, are they?”
 
“Not that I know of, Hawkmon. Agumon didn't mention anything like that to me, although, he did say that something is going to be done to get Gennai-san back, and to stop the Digimon doing this. The time just isn't right or something.”
 
“So we shouldn't worry?” Patamon asked.
 
“I say we should look for him regardless!” V-mon reminded Hikari of Daisuke at that particular moment, due to his being so determined to go out and fight. She glanced over at the real Daisuke, who looked bored to death. He looked like he was sleeping sitting up. She looked to her other side, to see Takeru in the same state.
 
Wormmon at that moment thought he heard a shuffling noise, coming from behind them. He glanced over in the thicket of palms, but when he didn't see anything, he went back to moping, but made sure to keep his ears open. He thought he'd heard a voice as well.
 
“I guess, but how are we going to ever find them? We have no information on how to get to Gennai, we have hardly any clues as to where Tentomon and Palmon could've been taken, and we have no idea where Ken is.” Tailmon sighed. “The Digital World is such a big place.”
 
“Who cares,” a light voice rang out, “they're probably already dead as we speak.”
 
“I knew I heard something! I knew it!”
 
Hawkmon instinctively stood, and looked around. “Who's there?” The other Digimon followed suit, not wanting any harm to come to the children.
 
“Show yourself!” Tailmon ordered, her eyes narrowed, and her claws extended.
 
“Maybe we don't feel like revealing ourselves,” another voice laughed.
 
Daisuke, his tiny fists bawled, jumped to his feet, growing alert. “You better leave us alone!”
 
“Can you believe this?” the owner of the first voice scoffed. “A human is actually threatening us.”
 
“Well, a challenge would be nice for a change.”
 
“They're humans; they won't be much of a challenge.”
 
The two Digimon emerged from the thicket of trees. One of them was flying in the air. It resembled a giant moth, with a machine-gun-looking stinger. As for the other one, Takeru was the first to speak, as he gaped at the digital creature walking towards them. “Another Angemon?”
 
Hikari studied the Digimon's features, also confused. “It looks like him, only his clothes are red and white. Angemon's clothes are blue and white.”
 
“That's no Angemon!” Tailmon informed them.
 
“Not Angemon?”
****
(Digi-Analyzer On)
 
Patamon: This Angel-type Digimon is known as Pidmon, and isn't to be confused with Angemon. I know both look alike, the clothes are just a different color. He's usually a good Digimon, too. I have no idea why he's trying to hurt us.
 
(Digi-Analyzer Off)
****
“I can't believe it!” Tailmon uttered in pure disbelief. “I've heard of him!”
 
“So have I!” Hawkmon concurred. “Pidmon has always been referred to as, `The White Winged Warrior of Justice'! What has happened?!”
 
“Maybe he's infected with a virus?”
 
Hawkmon shook his head to the blue Digimon assuredly. “No; Pidmon is a Vaccine type and he also doesn't seem to show the typical symptoms of a Digimon who has been infected by one.”
 
“But what about the other one?” Patamon asked.
****
(Digi-Analyzer On)
 
Wormmon: The other one is *Mothmon, an insect-Digimon who is quick and skilled. If you're not careful, he'll shoot you with the stinger-like machine gun attached to his body. Once hit, it takes a good while to recover!
 
(Digi-Analyzer Off)
****
Pidmon walked towards the kids, pulling out his golden rod, which was a bit similar to Angemon's. The only difference was that it had a crescent-moon shape at the tip of it.
 
“You are not going to harm these children!” Tailmon threatened while glancing over at V-mon, who nodded to her. She leapt into the air, her right fist bawled. “*Neko Panchii!!!”
 
V-mon rushed Pidmon, both his fists bawled. “*Boom Boom Panchii!”
 
Pidmon looked unfazed as the two came towards him. He merely smacked Tailmon out of the way, and kicked V-mon. Both flew back, landing to the ground with a thump.
 
“Tailmon!!”
 
“V-mon!!”
 
Patamon and Hawkmon tried their lucks next, by attacking Mothmon at the same time (Hawkmon's idea).
 
“*Air Shot!!” Patamon called, as he shot out one of his air bubbles.
 
“*Feather Slash!!” Hawkmon called out, as he threw his blade like feather from atop his head.
 
Mothmon allowed Patamon's air bubble to hit him, but dodged the spinning blade by shooting it. He shot a round of scale-like shards, both hitting Hawkmon and Patamon. They both landed to the ground hard.
 
“Oh no, Patamon!”
 
“Hawkmon!” Wormmon called.
 
“S-sorry,” Hawkmon grunted, “we're still a bit weak from the long journey we took to get here.”
 
Patamon nodded sadly.
 
“There must be some way to beat them!” Takeru said. “They don't look all that strong.”
 
“You Digimon are pathetic. It's worse enough that you're trying to protect these humans,” Pidmon ridiculed while twirling his staff like a baton, “but you're not even worthy enough to fight against.” None of the Digimon had tried to attack either again, as they were all a bit weak.
 
“W-we're not giving up,” Tailmon groaned as she stood; her empty stomach rumbling loudly. `I should've eaten something; my energy is low.'
 
“If that's the way you want to do it, then okay.” Pidmon held his staff out, as a ring of what looked to be fire formed around him. “Fire Feather!!”
 
The fiery-ring of feathers hit Tailmon dead on, causing her to scream in pain. Finding this a nice, opportune time Mothmon shot a round of his scales at the feline, which caused her to fly back once again. She was terribly injured and beat up looking.
 
Hikari rushed to Tailmon's side, and held her. “Tailmon...no...”
 
“Hikari…no, get...out of…here...”
 
Wormmon looked on angrily. He couldn't take it anymore. “Wormmon, shinka...” The bug's body grew tall and muscular as spikes formed on both of his shoulders. His eyes were now a dark, glossy color, and could stand upright with claws for hands. “...Stingmon!!”
 
“Mothmon, take care of that over-sized bug, while I take care of the rest of them. Luckily, all of them are expendable; neither of these children is the ex-Digimon Kaiser that our master seeks.”
 
“Right,” the bug hissed.
 
While Mothmon and Stingmon fought, Pidmon went after Hikari and Tailmon since they were the most vulnerable. The “winged warrior of justice”, kicked Tailmon aside like a rag doll, and picked up Hikari by her delicate neck.
 
“Put her down!!!” Daisuke yelled, while holding a barely wake V-mon.
 
“Leave Hikari-chan alone!!” Takeru shouted.
 
Both boys continued to shout out threats at Pidmon, while Patamon and Hawkmon tried to attack again, but with no luck. Both were incredibly wiped out from the trip. Takeru and Daisuke tried their luck as well. Daisuke charged after Pidmon and managed to punch him in the leg. Takeru punched him as well, but since they were smaller, their strength wasn't all that great either. He smacked Daisuke, who went flying back beside a lain out V-mon. He kicked Takeru away, who screamed as he landed to the sandy ground.
 
“T-takeru-kun...Dai-daisuke-kun…no…”
 
Due to Pidmon's tight grasp on Hikari's neck, she started to shed tears since it was beginning to hurt.
 
Though she couldn't see it, because of the helmet he wore that covered his eyes, he glared at her evilly, and smirked. “It's time to get rid of this child for our master.” He held out his staff in his free hand, ready to strike.
 
“NO!!!!” Tailmon shouted.
 
All of a sudden, a shape formed on the young girl's chest. The shape was of her old Crest of Light. A beautiful, majestic pink light surrounded Tailmon, whose injuries seemed to vanish. She stood, feeling completely rejuvenated.
 
`This feeling...I've never felt this before...it's so strong...'
 
Pidmon dropped Hikari, as the light was too overwhelming for him. Hikari stared at Tailmon confusedly. “Wh-what's going on?”
 
“She-she's...” Daisuke began.
 
“...evolving.” Takeru finished up.
 
“*Tailmon, chou shinka...” Tailmon's petite cat-like body began to grow to that of an average-sized human. Her body grew curvy, and long, blonde hair flowed down her human like back. A helmet with wings covered her big, bright blue eyes, while pink ribbons draped around her arms. She now wore white-heeled boots, and four angelic wings protruded from her back. “...Angewomon!”
 
“Daisuke-kun! She super evolved! She evolved to her perfect (ultimate) form!”
 
“B-but how?”
 
Both Pidmon and Mothmon were taken aback from the display of the angelic Digimon.
 
“Angewomon, get them!!” Hikari cheered to her friend.
 
“Yeah, Angewomon,” Takeru also rooted, “teach that phony baloney Angemon a lesson!”
 
The Digimon nodded solemnly as she stared at the so-called “White Winged Warrior of Justice”. “I'm not afraid of you!” Pidmon scoffed.
 
“You should be,” Stingmon buzzed.
 
Mothmon chose that moment to fly behind Stingmon, and knock him down by shooting him in his back. Mothmon had moved so fast, no one had the opportunity to warn him.
 
“Stingmon!” Hawkmon called.
 
Stingmon stood up and took to the sky to take on the taunting moth. Even though Mothmon was quick, Stingmon had confidence that he could defeat him. After a while, Stingmon was able to read all of his opponent's movements, and used it to his advantage. When Mothmon tried to shoot at him again, Stingmon dodged and went in the opposite direction, preparing to use one of his most powerful, signature attacks…
 
“You should never let your guard down,” Stingmon murmured while a purple, energy knife came out from the top of his right clawed hand. “Striking Finish!!!” He aimed the energy knife right in Mothmon's chest, which resulted in his being deleted.
 
During the fight between Stingmon and Mothmon, Angewomon had been fighting against Pidmon, who was showing to be quite the adversary. Angewomon would constantly try to shoot her pink energy at the winged Digimon, but using “Pid Speed”, managed to dodge the attacks like it was nothing, and since he was in the sky, he had even more of an advantage since that made it easier for him to evade most anything Angewomon threw at him.
 
Angewomon had come up with an idea, but knew that she would need the help of Stingmon to do so. She had to find a way to slow Pidmon down so that she, or either Stingmon, could land a direct hit on him. After hearing the sound of Mothmon's defeat, Angewomon took that moment to glance over towards Stingmon, who was flying towards her and Pidmon. She gave him a quick nod, which he seemed to understand.
 
“You're a decent fighter,” Angewomon told Pidmon, trying her best to stall him.
 
“Don't tell me you give up!” Pidmon cruelly laughed.
 
“Of course not! Unlike you,” she began while pointing a finger, “I really do believe in justice towards all and defending the innocent from the likes of you!”
 
“What do you gain from protecting them?” he uncharacteristically sneered. “You don't get more powerful by protecting the weak! Why waste the time when you don't get fame or fortune?”
 
“There's more to life than having power and fame,” Angewomon stated briskly. “With your status, you should've learned that long ago.”
 
“Quiet!” Pidmon flew towards Angewomon, and kicked her, causing her to scream slightly. “I believe in my superior and his motives! I believe in taking over and ruling over the ungrateful weaklings here and in the human world! I want to obtain more power and I want people to bow before me, which I feel I truly deserve! All of these years, I've been a protector, but I have nothing to show for it! I've been promised my own area to reign over, and I plan on earning it!”
 
Stingmon kept his eye on Pidmon, waiting for the right time to attack and help Angewomon, but since he'd started moving again, he had to wait. The children and the other Digimon could only watch on in silence, as they had no idea what the two were planning.
 
Angewomon came back, and punched Pidmon, sending him soaring back, but he soon regained his composure as he twirled his staff. The flames he'd used earlier emerged from it, as the attack went towards the angel-type Digimon. Realizing the situation, she allowed it to hit her. She knew that she was much stronger than Pidmon, it was just a matter of keeping him still long enough for Stingmon to help and using “Fire Feather” was the perfect opportunity for her comrade.
 
Angewomon fell to the ground, acting to be in real pain. Hikari was about to run up to her, when Hawkmon told her to stay back and to let them continue the battle. He had an idea as to what was going on and what the two had been planning. While Pidmon laughed at Angewomon's misfortune, Stingmon finally determined that the time was right. He flew as fast as he could, and grabbed him.
 
“Hell Squeeze!!” Pidmon, in Stingmon's grasp, tried to struggle free, but Stingmon wouldn't let up. His grip just seemed to grow more and more intense.
 
“Let…me…out…of…here!!”
 
“Good, you managed to get him,” Angewomon stated as she stood and brushed herself off. After doing so, she took to the sky once again. “Keep him there, Stingmon.”
 
The Angel Digimon began to gather energy in her hands, and it took shape into a bow and arrow. She pulled her arm back, aiming it right at Pidmon's chest.
 
“*Holy…” she started, an echo heard in her voice.
 
“Stingmon, get out of the way!” Daisuke warned. “You'll get hurt!!”
 
Stingmon remained in place, and ignored the younger boy's plea. He had faith in both himself and Angewomon.
 
“…Arrow!!”
 
She released the bright, white arrow, as it made its way closer to Pidmon and Stingmon. The children, as well as V-mon and Patamon, were shouting at Stingmon to move; especially Patamon, Takeru, and Hikari, since they knew how powerful Angewomon's Holy Arrow was.
 
A big light illuminated the sky as the arrow pierced Pidmon's corrupted heart. Screaming loudly, and cursing Angewomon, he was deleted. After the light cleared, Stingmon was flying higher in the air, compared to where he was when holding Pidmon in place. After landing on the ground, he devolved back to Wormmon; being pretty tired out, Angewomon devolved back to Tailmon.
 
“You did a good job, Wormmon,” Tailmon complimented. “I knew that you would move in time since you're fast.”
 
“Thanks,” he squeaked.
 
The others cheered and hugged on both Tailmon and Wormmon for saving the day, although, Patamon couldn't help but feel confused over the situation.
 
“What's the matter, Patamon?” Daiskue asked.
 
“I was just wondering how an attack from one Angel Digimon could hurt another Angel Digimon.”
 
“It's quite simple,” Tailmon began, “Pidmon was just on the adult (champion) level.”
 
“Yes, and since Angewomon is one level higher, and more powerful in comparison, it allowed her to do away with him,” Hawkmon explained. `Angewomon and Stingmon worked quite nicely together. It's a shame that we couldn't help them out.'
 
“I think we should hurry and go,” Wormmon warned.
 
“I agree. I too do not feel that it would be wise to remain here. What if the leader of the Digimon whom we just fought against, now know of the children's being here. They are obviously in danger.”
 
“Hawkmon's right! I don't think I have my strength to evolve to XV-mon or even my armored forms to fight against another enemy.”
 
“Maybe you guys should eat and rest for a little while to get your strength up. What if we run into another Digimon enemy after leaving here?”
 
Agreeing with Daisuke, the group headed back to the now “cold” breakfast, and this time, the food and drink didn't go untouched.
 
“It was nice to evolve to a higher stage, again.”
 
“I bet it was! I wish I could evolve to Holy Angemon again; even if it's just one time!”
 
“Since Tailmon was able to evolve to Angewomon, does this mean that Hikari-chan has her crest powers back?” Takeru asked while nibbling on a piece of mango.
 
“I don't understand how I could have my crest power back if we sacrificed them years go.”
 
“We definitely need some answers; if we could only find Gennai-san.”
 
“Hawkmon's right! Let's hurry up, so we can get going!” Daisuke urged while jumping to his feet. “Let's go find Ichijouji and Gennai-san!”
 
Everyone agreed with the hyper boy, especially Wormmon. After everyone was done with their meals and Tailmon felt that it was safe enough to, the group headed off on their journey in search of Gennai, Ken, Tentomon, and Palmon…
****
Meanwhile…
 
“What's the matter?” a Digimon asked in alarm. The Digimon's partner seemed to go suddenly quiet. “Well, what's happened?”
 
The woman smiled down at her friend and then looked back down into the orb. “I sense that some of our enemy's followers have been defeated. Right now, I'm checking for confirmation.” She murmured something, like she had once before. She then held her hands over the crystal orb, and a vision came. “It's true! Some of the followers have been dealt with! The area near the ocean has been cleared of them.”
 
“That's great.”
 
“Yes, it is, and you were doubtful.”
 
“So I was doubtful; could you blame for that?”
 
“No, I suppose not. You've always been a bit skeptical.”
 
“You said the ocean area, right?” The woman nodded, as she turned her attention back to the crystal orb. “Which set of children were there?”
 
“The ones by the names of Takaishi Takeru, Yagami Hikari, and Motomiya Daisuke. The three, along with their Digimon friends, are on another journey, and will soon meet all of the others.”
 
The Digimon grew culpable, as she lowered her head. “I apologize for doubting you earlier; I guess you were right all along.”
 
“It's okay, but still, that negative feeling I have has not gone away. It's that extra person…”
 
“Let's not worry about that for now and hope for the best, as you would say.”
 
“Maybe you are right; I'm sure they will find that person, and make sure that person is safe.”
 
Both continued to keep watch over the children, glad that everything was going as planned…
 
Author's Notes
 
Note 1: Mothmon is what Patamon would evolve to if using the Digimental of Knowledge.
***
Note 2: “Neko Panchii” translates to “Cat Punch”, which his the original attack name for “Gatomon's Lightening Paw”.
***
Note 3: “Boom Boom Panchii” which is, “Boom Boom Punch”, is the original attack name for “V-Punch”.
***
Note 4: “Air Shot” is Patamon's “Boom Bubble”.
***
Note 5: “Feather Slash”, is the attack where Hawkmon takes that one feather from atop his head, and tosses it out towards his enemy. I honestly have no idea what this attack is called for the dub.
***
Note 6: The phrase, “Tailmon, chou shinka…Angewomon”, simply means, “Tailmon, super evolve…Angewomon”. That's the original evolution call when going to the perfect (ultimate) level.
***
Note 7: “Holy Arrow” is the original name for Celestial Arrow.