Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ Ken and Miyako’s Reluctant Rescuer! ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 22: “‚ ‚È‚½‚Í“G&# 8218;Å‚·‚©? ‚Ý‚©‚½‚Å‚· 218;©?”
“Anata wa teki desuka? Mikata desuka?”
“Are you a friend or foe?”Ken and Miyako’s Reluctant Rescuer!

Both Miyako and Ken were almost to the back of the factory (it had a tree-lined pathway leading up to it), until Ken started to drag behind. The two had been walking all morning. The previous night, they managed to set up camp, and slept under a nice, shady tree. Of course Miyako couldn’t go without complaining some, which Ken couldn’t help but smile a bit at. When like that, he knew she was normal.

The spot was comfortable enough, but not very desirable, as there was no water around for bathing or drinking; no clean water anyway. All the water near them seemed a bit polluted; Ken concluded it was due to the factory up ahead.

Miyako was anxious to reach the factory, and hoped that whoever ran the place could point her in the direction of their bathing facilities and then have a decent meal. All she and Ken could find were berries; luckily Ken knew what types of fruits were poisonous and non-poisonous having lived in the Digital World for a good while when he reigned as the Digimon Kaiser and from his own adventure with his old friend, *Akiyama Ryou, who knew loads about traveling in the wilderness. One of Ryou’s past-times was hanging out in the mountains. To this day, Ken wondered what happened to his old friend, who just seemed to vanish before he’d become completely taken over by the Dark Spore’s power.

“Come on,” Miyako urged. “What’s wrong?”

Ken jogged up a bit to catch up with the older girl, who had stopped to wait for him. “I’m sorry; I was just trying to figure something out.”

“What were you trying to figure out?”

“I stuffed my hand into my pocket, and found this.” The boy opened up the palm of his right hand. “I didn’t notice it last night.”

Miyako glanced at it briefly. “It’s a regular-model Digivice like the ones that Mimi-sama, Izumi-senpai, and the other older kids have.”

“But this isn’t just any Digivice,” he explained, while studying it a bit more, “this is the one that I had before I dipped it into that Dark Pool, transforming it into a D-3 Digivice. It’s the one that came out of my brother’s computer years ago.”

Miyako grabbed the device and looked at it. “How do you know it’s the same one?”

“I always carry my D-3 around with me in my pocket. I put it there before I went to the gym to talk with Daisuke.”

“I wonder if I have mine…I didn’t even think to check.” Miyako gave Ken his Digivice back, and went through her pockets, finding both her D-3, and D-Terminal, which was used to store Digimental information, Digimon information, and for sending e-mail. Both she and Koushirou had pretty much upgraded it over the years, since it now held an extensive Digimon Encyclopedia.

“How come you still have your D-3, and I don’t?”

“That’s a good question. Maybe when we find Izumi-senpai, he’ll have some theory as to why all of this is happening, and somehow make it sound logical. Maybe I should try sending an e-mail out.”

“It’s worth a shot.”

The girl nodded as she flipped the device open. She decided to send a message to Koushirou. After a moment, she stared on perplexed. “Miyako-san, what’s wrong?”

“Something’s not right. I got a mailer daemon saying that the mail can’t go through. I don’t know who else to try contacting; other than Izumi-senpai, I’m the only one who knows about the Digital Gates extensively. It’d be pointless to try contacting anyone else right now.” Discouraged, she put her D-3 and D-Terminal back into her pocket. “Come on; let’s just get to that place so we can get some help. Maybe whoever is there has a phone we can use and a computer which may have some type of ultimate connection and a great signal or something…”

Ken nodded as both started off on their journey once again. Unfortunately, the two didn’t get far, as a net trapped them from the ground.

“Hey, what’s going on!!”

“Seems like we’ve been caught in somebody’s trap,” Ken replied quietly.

“I don’t know who’s responsible for this, but whoever it is, better let us down from here!!”

While the two were struggling in the well-made net, a strange dark, robotic Digimon with blood-red wings, ran by, as if his life were on the line. When passing the tree the two kids were in, he stopped to stare up at them.

“W-who are you?!”

“What do you want with us?” Ken asked, even more defensively than Miyako.

“I guess you two hate being trapped up there.”

“I should think so,” Miyako muttered irritably. “How about letting us down!?!”

The Digimon nodded obediently. “Duck and I’ll cut you down.” Both stooped low, as the Digimon prepared himself. “Cyber Claw!” He leapt gracefully, and cut the net down with his sharp claws. Both ended up landing with a loud thud. Ken stood up first, and brushed himself off. He then extended his hand to Miyako, who accepted it. She smiled slightly as she did so, just as Ken did. The two stopped when they realized that the huge, digital cyber-kinetic creature was staring down at them curiously. Both blushed slightly, and stopped holding hands extremely fast.

Miyako, at this point, began to argue with the Digimon, regardless of his size and all, not caring if he was friend or foe. “What’s the big idea with that net!” she squabbled while stepping up to the tall monster.

“What are you children doing here?” he asked urgently.

“What do you mean?! What business is that of yours! Why did you set that trap?!”

“Miyako-san, calm down,” Ken told her gently with a sweat drop. After a few incoherent murmurs and complaints, Miyako calmed down enough for Ken’s liking, who turned to the Digimon before them. This definitely confirmed what both he and Miyako had assumed earlier. They were definitely back in the Digital World, but why and how come there weren’t many other Digimon around? “We’re looking for some friends of ours, and we are on our way to that building a little ways ahead of us to see if the occupants there could help us find them.”

The Digimon grew alarmed, and shook his head vigorously. “No! You can’t go in there!”

“Ken-kun,” Miyako whispered, “do you think we can trust him?”

“I’m not sure, but he seems harmless enough.”

“Do you have any idea what type of Digimon he is?”

“I have no idea. Even as the Digimon Kaiser, I never encountered this type of Digimon.” Ken looked up at the Digimon before them, a feeling of nostalgia and reminiscence unexpectedly overcoming him. ‘Why does this Digimon make me think of Ryou-san? Do I miss him that much? I wonder why I miss him more at this moment than I usually would anyway…’

“It would help if we knew.” Miyako took out her D-Terminal, and began to go through the Digimon Encyclopedia that both she and Koushirou tweaked up on with help from Gennai; the D-Terminal now had an “eye” so to speak, which could allow one to point it at whatever it was he/she wanted information on. ‘I hope he’s here.’The girl cheered. “Bingo! Here he is...”
****
(Digi-Analyzer On)

Gomamon: This perfect (ultimate) leveled Digimon is Cyberdramon; a Cyborg-Dragon Digimon who is known for his strong physical powers and his ability to rip through dimensions. Some Cyberdramon have a bad reputation of being extremely dangerous and unstable, making it a bit hard to determine which side one will fight for. Let’s just hope that this one is the exception...

(Digi-Analyzer Off)
****
“You children really shouldn’t be hanging around here,” Cyberdramon warned again.

Miyako put her D-Terminal away. “Why not?”

“If my master catches you, who knows what he’ll do to you!”

“Your master?”

He nodded to Ken. “Yes, Ebemon-sama (Master Ebemon),” he replied in a hushed manner. “I just hope that the other children I saw found some way to escape. I warned them to leave and to not go after the blonde-haired boy, but they just wouldn’t listen.”

“Blonde-haired boy?”

“We don’t know anyone with blonde hair, do we, Ken-kun?”

“No one that I can think of, and for the boy to be naturally blonde, I doubt he is of Japanese descent fully or someone foreign. Could he be referring to Takeru-san or Yamato-san?”

“It doesn’t matter! Just get away from here or you’ll get caught just like the other three children did! Who knows what their fates are, but I did help them once. I don’t want to get caught and more than likely killed by my master if I help them again.”

“Wait, would you mind explaining everything to us?”

Cyberdramon cautiously looked around briefly before answering the boy. “No, I can’t!” he hissed. “I’m getting out of here!”

Miyako heard a beeping sound coming from her pocket. She went through it to pull out her D-3. “Seems like my D-3 is picking up on something.” She pushed the option for “detect”. “It must be some more Chosen Children.”

Ken pulled out his now regular-model Digivice. “I’m picking up on something too. I have three signals on here, which is indicating that there are three other people, with Digivices, near us.”

“Wait, didn’t you say that our friends were trapped?”

He gave off a dismal groan before answering. “I’m going to assume that you know them since they’re Chosen Children too.”

“Well that means we have to go and help them.”

“Right, Miyako-san!”

“You must be crazy! You’ll get yourselves killed!”

“It’s a risk that we’ll just have to take. These people need our help!”

“Let’s go, Miyako-san.”

Cyberdramon watched helplessly, as the two headed towards the door that he’d just run out of moments earlier. “Wait!” The two looked back at him. “Please, save your friends. They don’t deserve this, none of you children do. If you want to find them, the blonde haired boy is on the second floor in a confinement area. As for the other two, their fate is far worse than the boy’s. They’re in the lowest part of the factory, but please, try to rescue those two before my master gets to them; the blonde, for now, is safest of the three! If you rescue the two in the basement, they should be able to guide you, if they haven’t managed to get out already, as both probably have the means to.”

The two nodded, and rushed off.

‘I tried to help them, I really did, but every time I tried, they ended up caught.

‘I just knew they would’ve had the time to escape with those Digimon and that boy, but every single time I was about to help, Ebemon-sama thought I had captured them or prevented them from running. You two, please get to safety, especially you…Ken. You’re in just as much danger, if not more, by him...’

With that, Cyberdramon sighed, and took off...

Author Notes

Note 1: Akiyama Ryou is a “legendary character”, so to speak. As some know, he appeared in Digimon Tamers. He’s pretty much a “dimension hopper”. After the events of the final game he was in (Brave Tamer), he chose to go to the Tamers’ world, and leave his old world behind.

I’m pretty much expanding on the character a bit. When Ken first went to the Digital World, he met Ryou and Wormmon. Together, they end up defeating Milleniumon, which is also when Ken got infected by the dark spore. Ryou cared for Ken, and then managed to send him back to the human world, where he tried his best to care for him there too. He was still sick from the dark spore. I do get the impression that they were still friends and such, as both he and Ryou witnessed the battle dealing with Omegamon (movie 2’s story) on the net, if you go by the game’s continuity.