Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon 2024: A New Team, a New Destiny ❯ Brave Fire Burns! The New Warrior of Courage! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the official Digimon characters. I do, however, own all the other characters in this fanfic.

NOTE: This fanfic takes place in the year 2024 after 02 ended. The ages of the Digi-Destined and their occupations are as follows.

Tai (36) = Ambassador for the Digital World

Sora (36) = Florist

Matt (36) = Actor

Izzy (35) = President and founder of a huge internet company

Mimi (35) = Fashion designer

Joe (37) = Doctor

T.K. (33) = Novelist

Kari (33) = Kindergarten teacher

Davis (33) = President of his noodle company

Yolei (34) = Computer programmer & housewife

Cody (30) = Lawyer

Ken (33) = Detective

Todd (36) = President & founder of an advanced technology company

Justin (33) = Anime producer

Kris (33) = Engineer

The couples involved are Taiora, Mimato, Kouyako, Takari, & Kristin (Justin & Kris)

**************************************************************** **************

Chapter 1: BRAVE FIRE BURNS! THE NEW WARRIOR OF COURAGE!

Tai Kamiya sat at the kitchen table with Agumon reading the paper while eating his breakfast. His wife, Sora, was in the kitchen with Biyomon. "Sora, is Kevin awake yet?" Tai asked.

"He's in his room getting ready," said Sora.

Tai couldn't help but smile. Kevin was their twelve-year-old son. Like his father, he had a passion for soccer and was sometimes even hotheaded, but he was also rational and caring like Sora. Not only did Kevin excel in sports, but also in school.

Just then, the door to Kevin's bedroom opened and the boy stepped. Kevin was well built with brown eyes and brown hair, which was naturally spiked like Cloud Strife's hair.

(A/N: You thought I was going to give him the same hairstyle as Tai, didn't you?)

"Morning, Mom. Morning, Dad," said Kevin as he strode over to the table, placing his school bag on the couch before pouring himself some cereal. He was dressed in his school uniform, which consisted of a white shirt, black pants, a red necktie, and a blue blazer.

"Glad to see you're up and ready for a new day, son," said Tai.

"Yep, I was up studying for that math test until eleven, last night," said Kevin, "Go ahead, Dad. Quiz me." He grabbed his book bag, took out his math book, and handed it to Tai.

"I'll take your word for it," said Tai.

"You always do," said Kevin, "Anyway, when do I get my partner Digimon?"

Tai sighed. This was a question Kevin asked all the time. And still, Tai kept giving him the same answer.

"I told you Kevin, destiny determines that. You'll get one when you're ready," said Tai.

"Anyway, I'm off," said Kevin as he finished his breakfast, "And if Mia asks me where I went, tell her I'm at school." Mia was Kevin's six-year-old sister. Kevin placed his bowl and spoon in the sink and grabbed his school bag before putting on his shoes and heading out.

******************

Kevin arrived at Odaiba Elementary and Junior High School with a good deal of time left to spare. As he was opening his locker, a blonde girl dressed in a blue fuku the same color as Kevin's blazer walked up to him.

"Hey, Kevin," she said.

"Hey, Asuka," said Kevin.

Asuka Ishida was the daughter of Matt and Mimi Ishida (Mimi formerly known as Mimi Tachikawa). She had blonde hair and blue eyes like her father. And despite the fact that Kevin was one of the most popular kids in school, his heart was set solely on Asuka. And it was evident between them and everyone else that the feeling was mutual.

"Cousin Kevin! Cousin Asuka!" Kevin and Asuka turned to see a short boy with blond hair and blue eyes with a brown-haired girl with brown eyes. They were both the nine-year-old twin children of T.K. and Kari, C.J. and Sakura Takaishi. The two of them both had a strong resemblance to their parents of the respective genders.

"Hey there, squirt!" said Kevin as he ruffled up C.J.'s hair, "What're you guys doing in the Junior High section of the school?"

"We came looking for you," said Sakura.

"Anyway, gotta go! Later, cousins!" said C.J. And with that, he and Sakura went back to the elementary section of the school.

"Well, at least they're considerate," said Kevin.

"Kevin. Asuka. Good morning to the two of you," said a voice. Kevin and Asuka turned to see redheaded Tracy Izumi walking up to them. Tracy was the son of Izzy and Yolei. He was a year younger than Kevin and Asuka, but the boy was one of the smartest kids in the school. Although he did have a tendency to drop is voice into a monotone whenever he was giving out explanations. Tracy's red hair was similar to his father's back when the Digi-Destined were fighting Myotismon and the Dark Masters, but he had a short four-inch braid no thicker than a pencil dangling from the bottom of the back of his head. Tracy also wore braces on his teeth.

"Oh hey, Tracy," said Kevin.

"You guys heard about the new student, yet?" Tracy asked Kevin and Asuka.

"Yeah, we heard about him," said Asuka, "He's supposedly in the same class as me and Kevin."

Well, when you see him, give me the full stats," said Tracy, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a computer lab to get to." And with that, Tracy turned and headed to the computer lab.

"Do you think this'll be another student Jade is going to fall for?" Kevin asked Asuka.

"I don't know," said Asuka, "But there's only one guy I'm ever going to fall for." And with that, she hand Kevin locked lips with each other until the bell rang.

******************

Jade Ichijouji sat on a bench outside the school reading a book. She was the daughter of Ken Ichijouji. Her black hair reached down to the middle of her back and she worse glasses, as well. She was a thirteen years old and quite a hard worker. Jade was always a voice of reason. In fact, she was even a part of the Peer Support group at the school. The bell rang and she looked at her watch. Jade quickly gathered up her books and headed off to class.

******************

Kevin sat in his usual front-row desk with Asuka a few desks to his right as the students waited for the teacher to come in. When did come, he left the classroom door open and walked up to the very front of the room.

"Class," he said, "I'd like you all to meet our new student. Please do what you can to make him feel welcome."

All eyes turned towards the door. A pale-skinned boy with blond hair and blue eyes walked into the room and stood before the students. He was wearing a couple of skull-shaped rings and his fingernails had been painted black.

"My name is Richie Tzumati," replied the boy, coldly.

"Please take whichever empty desk you like," said the teacher.

Richie didn't respond. He just walked through the rows and sat down in one of the empty desks. The one he had chosen was among a group of empty desks near the back. Even though the others were supposed to make him feel welcome, there was something about him that made them leery about him. Richie always seemed to leave a cold sensation in his wake.

`Something tells me getting used to this guy could take a while,' thought Kevin.

******************

"And you said his name was?" said Tai.

"Richie," said Kevin. He had finally returned home after a long day at school. He was now in his room talking to his father through the door.

"I think he can fit in quite well," said Tai, "He just needs the proper incentive."

"His incentive is to stay away from everyone," replied Kevin.

"Give him a chance," said Tai, "Anyway, I'm going to visit an old friend. He only recently moved here from Canada. You can come along too, Kevin."

"Okay," said Kevin as he pulled on a shirt. He had changed out of his school uniform and was now clad in the same blue T-shirt with the orange stars worn by Tai so many years ago. He also wore the same white gloves. But aside from that, Kevin also wore a long-sleeved navy-blue shirt underneath his T-shirt and blue carpenter jeans. Kevin reaches for his bedpost and grabbed his blue headband and goggles. His headband had also been given to him by his father. As for the goggles, they were the same ones Tai had given to Davis, but Davis felt that they belonged in Tai's family more than his own. Quickly, Kevin slipped them over his head and around his neck.

"Okay, I'm ready. Let's go," said Kevin as he quickly laced up his white Adidas shoes.

******************

Tai rang the doorbell of the apartment. A moment later, 33-year-old Justin Tzumati opened up the door.

"Tai, that you?" asked Justin.

"It's me," said Tai, "Haven't seen you in a while, Justin. How've you been?"

"Great. Come on in," said Justin. He closed the door and locked it after Tai and Kevin had come in and removed their shoes. He led the Kamiyas to he living room and they sat down on the sofa.

"So, how's life been?" asked Tai.

"Great," said Justin, "I finally managed to take over Gainax."

"You always were into anime," said Tai, "So, how have you and Kris been doing?"

"We're married," answered Justin, "And we've also got a son."

"Is he here right now?" asked Tai.

"He is," said Justin, motioning his hand towards a door behind him. The door was practically covered with posters of death images along with a few signs that said things like "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK" and "BEWARE OF THE BUBONIC PLAGUE."

"Son, would you mind coming out for a sec?" called Justin. The door opened and a pale-skinned blond boy with blue eyes stepped into the living room.

`Great Caesar's ghost,' thought Kevin.

It was Richie, the new student. He was now dressed in black jeans, a black shirt, a black unbuttoned T-shirt overtop, black leather belt, black socks, black slippers, his skull rings, and a silver cross around his neck. He had several large silver chains attached to the belt loops of his jeans. His facial expression was still as cold as before.

"You summoned me from my eternal hell, father?" Richie said in his same cold tone.

"Richie," said Justin, "I want you to meet..."

"Kevin Kamiya. We met in school," Richie interrupted, "And I assume that is Tai Kamiya, the ambassador for the Digital World."

"You're correct, Richie," said Tai, "Kevin, why don't you go with Richie for a while. Justin and I have a bit of catching up to do."

"Yeah. We haven't seen each other since your wedding, Tai," said Justin.

"So true," said Tai.

Richie just turned around and went back into his room. Kevin followed and the first thing he noticed was the color scheme. Richie's entire room was completely black. Everything was black. The paint on the walls and ceiling, the desk, the computer, the window blinds, the dresser, the carpet, the bed, the bookcase. Everything. A few black candles were placed all over the room and the bookcase contained nothing but a large collection of leather-bound books. A few skulls were placed here and there and the walls had posters of death images on them. One particular wall was decorated with various medieval weapons such as crossbows, maces, shields, and swords.

"Richie, I don't want to be rude or anything, but are you a Goth?" Kevin asked.

Richie just turned his head and shot Kevin a glare.

"I'll take that as a yes," said Kevin.

Richie walked over to his desk, where one of his leather-bound books lay wide open. Kevin could tell that Richie was obvious not a team player and wouldn't be one any time soon.

******************

Tracy was sitting on a sofa in his father's office doing his homework on his laptop. Tracy's father, Izzy Izumi, was the president and founder of the most successful Internet company ever: Izumi Internet. It had been Izzy's dream to own an Internet company and now he had one. Tracy was currently dressed in green pants, white socks, red and black sneakers with lightning bolts on the shoes, a red T-shirt with a white horizontal stripe over his chest with a B-) on the stripe, and an orange shirt overtop with the buttons left undone. His trademark braid was still in place, held together with the usual black elastic band Tracy used.

While Tracy was doing his homework, Izzy sat at his enormous desk typing away on his computer. Sitting at a smaller desk not too far away from Izzy's was Tentomon, who was wearing a yellow necktie.

"Hey Dad, when do you think I'll get a Digimon and what kind do you think it'll be?" asked Tracy.

"Well, I first got Tentomon back when I was ten," replied Izzy, "And yours will either be a bird Digimon or an insectoid Digimon."

"I wish I had my partner now," Tracy sighed as he went back to his work.

******************

The twins, C.J. and Sakura, were at home eating their favorite snack: fruit salad with whipped cream. Their father, T.K., was out at a "Meet the Author" session at a local bookstore, signing books for people. Their mother, Kari, was in the kitchen. Since she was a kindergarten teacher, she knew how to deal with large numbers of kids. Even though the twins were already in the fourth grade, they still sometimes acted much younger. C.J. was dressed in a green T-shirt with a yellow stripe across the chest, aqua shorts, and green socks. His white bucket hat, which was similar to T.K.'s old one, hung from the back of his chair. Sakura was dressed similar to C.J., but her T-shirt was pink with a red stripe, her shorts were yellow instead of aqua, and her socks were white. Around her neck was a whistle like the one her mother used to have.

"Mmm! This is so tasty, I could eat it all day!" exclaimed C.J.

"Me too!" said his twin sister.

******************

Asuka sat on the sofa in her living room wearing a green sleeveless turtleneck and a magenta shirt underneath it along with a pair of blue jeans. She was watching another one of her father's movies on the TV.

A few short years after the defeat of MaloMyotismon, Matt had moved away from his musical career and went to study acting. He passed his courses and eventually became an internationally famous movie actor. Often, he and Gabumon would be in the same movie, though they weren't always on the same side in the plot. Usually, but not always.

Asuka's mother, Mimi, on the other hand, was a fashion designer. Many of her designs were tacky, but people accepted them anyway, for some strange reason. Asuka didn't really understand why people liked the designs so much, since a good 99% of the clothes Mimi designed were all pink. Asuka was alright with the color pink, but she couldn't stand there being too much of it.

******************

Jade Ichijouji was doing her homework at the kitchen table. She was wearing blue jeans and a purple shirt along with white socks. Sitting across from her was her 12-year-old brother, Satoshi, who sat in a wheelchair. Satoshi had been involved in a car accident a few years back and had lost the use of his legs. Since then, he was condemned to live out the rest of his life paralyzed from the waist down. Like his sister, Satoshi also had black hair and wore glasses, but his hair was shorter. He was dressed in a blue T-shirt and black sweatpants.

"I'm finished," said Satoshi as he closed his books. He placed his books on his lap, released the brakes on his chair and wheeled himself into his room. "Hey Jade, know when Dad might be back?"

"I don't know," said Jade, "He's investigating another crime. I can't remember if it was a robbery or a murder."

"Well, whatever it is, I hope he gets back soon. I'm hungry," said Satoshi.

"I could make up something," said Jade.

"I am NOT going to have another tofu burger!" said Satoshi, making a face of disgust.

"You won't," said Jade, "How about some tortilla chips?"

"Okay. I'll get the salsa, " said Satoshi as he wheeled his way into the kitchen.

******************

It had been at least two hours since Kevin and Tai had arrived at the Tzumati residence. Richie was still as cold as ever and Kevin was doing his best not to get him pissed, even though that was near impossible.

Just then, Richie's computer screen began to glow. Richie looked up from his book and gazed at the monitor.

"What in all of Tartarus going on?" asked the Goth. As if on cue, two symbols appeared on the screen. Both Kevin and Richie knew immediately what they stood for.

"Fire," Kevin said softly.

"Chaos," said Richie in the same tone.

The symbols faded away and two beams of light, one orange and one black, shot out of the computer screen at the two kids. Kevin and Richie immediately shielded themselves in preparation for what was to come.

Nothing.

The light died down and Kevin and Richie lowered their arms and looked around.

"What in the name of Satan was that?" Richie asked.

"You're asking me?" replied Kevin. Nothing had changed. Everything was as it was. Or at least it seemed that way until Kevin looked down at his arm. Strapped to it was some sort of device. The device was silver in color. On one side of it was some sort of slot. In the center of the gadget was a square-shaped screen surrounded by a ring of ancient runes.

"What in the world is this?" asked Kevin as he examined the device.

"This odd," said Richie, "Nothing can come out of a computer monitor like that."

"Unless," began Kevin, "DAD!"

"FATHER!" shouted Richie.

Within a few minutes, Tai, Kevin, Justin, and Richie were all seated in the living room. The curtains were drawn since Richie always preferred it to be dark.

"Any idea on what this thing might be?" Kevin asked as his father examined the device.

"My only guess is that it's a Digivice," said Tai as he let go of Kevin's arm, since none of them had found a way as to how to take the devices off.

"Digivice?" asked Kevin.

"It's a much newer model, though," said Justin, "Voltmon, go get my Digivice from my dresser."

"I'm on it," said the navy-blue Digimon. Voltmon went into Justin and Kris' room and returned with Justin's silver-gripped D3. Tai reached into his pocket and produced his own Digivice. They compared the two to the ones Kevin and Richie had.

"Well, I can certainly say one thing about these new Digivices," said Justin, "They save room since you can wear them on your wrist."

"Point taken," said Tai, "But I've got a strong hunch about this. Justin, mind if I use your phone?"

"Go right ahead," said Justin, "Just don't touch any of the artwork on my desk."

******************

It took a while. But after some time, all the Digi-Destined were in Izzy's office along with their kids. Tai, Sora, Matt, Izzy, Mimi, Joe, T.K., Kari, Yolei, Cody, ken, Justin, Todd, and Kris were all gathered around Izzy's desk with their Digimon talking and waiting for Davis. In the meantime, Kevin, Asuka, Tracy, C.J., Sakura, Richie, and Jade all sat on the sofas drinking sodapop. Apparently, they had all gotten wrist-worn Digivices. Satoshi sat on the end of the coffee table that didn't have a sofa in its place.

Just then, Davis walked in. next to him was a 12-year-old boy with the same appearance as his.

"Sorry we're late," said Davis, "I had to finish up counting up the day's profits."

"Hey David!" called Satoshi.

"Hey Sato!" said Davis' son, calling his best friend by his nickname.

(A/N: I couldn't come up with anything for Davis' son, so I named him David.)

"Now that everyone's here, we can begin," said Tai.

"I've got a lock with Gennai," said Izzy. At that moment, the long-time ally of the Digi-Destined appeared on the computer screen.

"Ah, I see you kids finally got the Digigears I sent out," said Gennai.

"The Digi-what?" asked Matt.

"The latest model of Digivices," said Gennai, "The Digigears are much like the D3s, except they can be worn on the wrist and they possess some other special qualities."

"Example?" asked Tracy.

"Well, for one, they each come with a map of your area. They'll display anything within a hundred-mile radius of your current location," answered Gennai.

"That's a useful thing," said Sakura.

"Yeah, unlike that map Tai drew on File Island," said Matt.

"That was over two decades ago," Tai retorted.

"The Digigears can also allow you to monitor the stats on your partner Digimon," added Gennai.

"We don't even have partner Digimon yet," said Kevin. At that moment, several beams of light shot out of the computer screen and landed in front of each of the kids.

"You do now," said Gennai.

Kevin couldn't believe it. All this time, he had wanted a Digimon. And now he had one. He looked down and studied the creature that stood before him. It looked like a green version of Agumon with red Tyrannomon spines running down its back.

"Hi, you must be Kevin," said the dinosaur, "I'm Dinomon."

"Glad to finally meet ya," said Kevin.

Standing next to Kevin was Asuka, who was looking down at a green Digimon with several reddish-purple flower petals around its neck.

"I'm Fleumon," said the plant Digimon to Asuka.

Hovering in front of Tracy was a black and yellow striped Digimon with round feet and big cute eyes.

"Hello. I'm Beemon!" said the insectoid Digimon. Tracy smiled. His father had been right about him getting an insectoid Digimon.

C.J. and Sakura were simply overjoyed to have their Digimon. C.J.'s partner looked like a male version of Gatomon with a yellowish-orange coat with black stripes, shorter rounder ears, and a shorter tail. Sakura, on the other hand, had what appeared to be a pink cat with a long tail.

"I'm Tigermon!" said C.J.'s Digimon.

"And I'm Mewmon!" said Sakura's partner.

The twins smiled at each other and picked up their partners in their hands.

Jade could only look on at the green caterpillar at it sized her up with its big blue eyes.

"I'm Pittermon," said the caterpillar.

"I'm Jade," replied Jade.

Richie allowed his icy-blue eyes to thoroughly look over his partner. The Digimon was basically a brown head with short floppy ears, brown feet, piercing yellow eyes, a mouth with two protruding fangs, and a pair of bat wings.

"I'm Foogumon," said the small head.

"Tzumati," said Richie before turning his head away.

"You got a first name?" Foogumon asked.

"That's none of your concern," said Richie.

"Tell me," said Foogumon.

"Only if it'll shut you up," said Richie, "My first name is Richie." And with that, he turned his back completely on Foogumon.

"Why do I get stuck with the King of Cold?" asked Foogumon.

Richie just shot Foogumon a cold glare.

"Again I ask, why do I get stuck with the King of Cold?" repeated Foogumon.

David and Satoshi looked at their Digimon. David had some sort of small black dragon with chipper red eyes. Satoshi had a small spherical Digimon almost the size of a basketball wearing armor and a cape and carrying a small jagged sword.

"I'm BlackDramon," said the black dragon.

"And I am MetaKnightmon," said the spherical Digimon.

With all the introductories said and done, the Digi-Destined returned their attention to Gennai.

"Now you're probably wondering WHY you got these new Digivices," said Gennai, "Well as you all might have guessed, the Digital World is in danger again."

"New evil Digimon?" asked Joe.

"New evil humans?" asked ken.

"Another virus?" asked Cody.

"None of the above," said Gennai, "The Digital World has been taken over by machines."

"Machines?" said Kris.

"Machines have taken over the Digital World," said Gennai, "They're taking all organic Digimon and changing them into machines. However, Machine and Android Digimon like Guardromon, Mekanorimon, Andromon, and such are all being spared since they're already machines. Instead, they'll hooked up to some sort of device, which reprograms them to work for the Machines.

"The Machine Empire, which it's come to be known, is ruled by an extremely powerful entity called Central One. No one knows how, but Central One invaded the Digital World one day with his Machine armies and overpowered all the Digimon. He and his four officers - Cyber Two, Modem Three, Cable Four, and Silicon Five - conquered the Digital World. And now everywhere you go you either see machines or scrap yards. The Machine Empire is practically unstoppable!"

"Well, we can fix that easily," said Tai, "We can Digivolve our Digimon and combat them!"

"That's the problem," said Gennai, "As long as Central One is functional, all forms of Digivolution are null and void."

"What?!" shouted Tai.

"Not even Armor Digivolution?" asked Davis.

"Nope," replied Gennai.

"Or DNA Digivolution?" asked Ken.

"None," said Gennai.

"Damn it!" said Justin.

"Explain to us how the hell we're supposed to have our partners battle if they can't even Digivolve?!" asked Richie.

"That's where the slots in the sides of your Digivices comes in," said Gennai, "Those slots are actually keyslots. They're the key to a new form of Digivolution. In order to use it, you must first insert a Keycard into the slot and shout out some sort of trademark phrase of yours. Once you do that, your Digimon will Digivolve into a whole new level known as the Turbo level."

"Turbo level?" asked C.J.

"So, how do we get these Keycards?" asked Kevin, sounding intrigued.

"Oh, you have to find them. They're scattered all over the Digital World," answered Gennai. That caused all the Digi-Destined to fall over onto the floor.

"Gennai!" they all shouted.

"Now hold on just a minute," said Gennai, "They Keycards may be scattered, but we've managed to keep one."

"Great, only one," said Foogumon.

"Well, one's better than nothing," said Dinomon.

"You'll find this one to be quite useful," said Gennai. An orange ball of light appeared in the air. When the light died down, floating in its place was a black card on a small silver chain. On one side of the card was the Crest of Courage.

"This is the Keycard of Courage," said Gennai, "Now the Keycard shall choose its possessor." As if on cue, the Keycard of Courage floated down and slowly moved from one kid to another. After about a minute, it finally stopped. Right in front of Kevin.

"Looks like it chose your boy, Tai," said Gennai.

Kevin reached up with one gloved hand and grasped the Keycard of Courage in it. Dim flames flowed from the Keycard and surrounded Kevin's body for a brief moment as he brought it down from the air and looked at it in his hand. As soon as the flames subsided, the Crest of Courage appeared on the screen of Kevin's Digigear.

"The new possessor of Courage," said Gennai, "The new leader of the Digi-Destined."

"We should've guessed it was Kevin," said Izzy.

Suddenly, the whole building rocked and the Digi-Destined were thrown onto the floor.

"What in bloody hell was that?" asked Richie.

"It's the Machines!" said Gennai, "I should've told you. The Machines are trying to break into the real world. Apparently, the Digital World is not enough. They want more."

"Well, no one enters our world and messes around with it as long as I'm alive!" said Kevin. Everyone, we've got a few machines to fry!" And with those words said, Kevin bolted for the elevator and headed outside with everyone right behind him.

******************

A giant vortex swirled in the air as a massive mechanical monster stepped out and roared. The Digi-Destined arrived at the scene and looked up at it.

"What the hell is that?" asked Richie.

"It's a RoboRex!" exclaimed Gennai, who was now communicating on Izzy's laptop.

"Let's get going!" said Agumon, "Prepare to Digivolve!"

RoboRex suddenly turned on the Digimon and his eyes flashed blue for a moment.

"What just happened?" asked Veemon.

"I have no idea," said Gatomon.

"It's Central One's program!" said Gennai, "The RoboRex must have activated it here in the real world. It'll stay in effect in both worlds until Central One is destroyed!"

"Then we'll just have to work with what we have!" said Agumon, "PEPPER BREATH!"

"BLUE BLASTER!" shouted Gabumon.

The mechanical Tyrannosaurus Rex roared and knocked Agumon and Gabumon away.

"Ouch," said Agumon.

RoboRex turned on the others and looked down at them. It opened its chest and powered up.

"Oh shit!" said Foogumon.

RoboRex released a barrage of missiles at the Digi-Destined. The Digimon leapt out of the way and the humans were able to do the same. Unfortunately for Satoshi, he wasn't fast enough and was thrown out of his wheelchair. RoboRex, seeing his opportunity, approached Satoshi, who tried to drag himself away on his hands and arms.

"SATOSHI!" shouted David. He watched helplessly as RoboRex prepared to stomp his best friend.

"That does it!" said Kevin, "It ends here and now!" He looked down at the Keycard that he still held in his hand and nodded. He held up his left fist in front of him so that the back of his hand was facing away from his face and slid the Keycard of Courage into the keyslot. It flashed orange as soon as the Keycard had been fully inserted. He gave Dinomon an affirming nod, who returned a nod back to Kevin. Kevin then turned to his parents. Tai and Sora both gave him an affirming nod and the boy returned his attention to the task at hand.

"LET'S KICK THE TIRES AND LIGHT THE FIRES!" shouted Kevin. As soon as those words left his mouth, the screen on his Digigear began to glow brightly and started to give off a bright orange light.

TURBO DIGIVOLUTION

Dinomon stood in the center of a large void (similar to the background of the Frontier Spirit Evolution sequences) with his name flying about in both English and Kanji.

"Dinomon Turbo Digivolve to..."

The Keycard of Courage appeared in the background facedown. It flipped over, revealing the Crest of Courage, which began to glow brightly. Bright flames engulfed Dinomon's body. As they slowly began to change him. The flames took on a new form and they slowly subsided, revealing large burners, massive wheels, and a sleek black body with flame designs all over.

"...TURBOMON!"

"So this is the power of Turbo Digivolution," said Izzy, "Prodigious!"

Alphanumeric!" said Tracy. (A/N: Yes, "alphanumeric" is Tracy's equivalent to Izzy's "prodigious").

In Dinomon's place was a black car-like Digimon with a flame designs all over its body. Four large burners were at the back, an even larger one in the center of the back, and two more were on the front. Two large wheels were at the back while two smaller ones were at the front. Covering the driver's seat was a transparent canopy that could be opened by sliding it forward.

"I am Turbomon!" announced the new Digimon, "As Dinomon, I used the Keycard of Courage to Turbo Digivolve! My Crash Attack permits me to ram into my opponents before I deep-fry them with my Turbo Flame attack!"

"Cool," said C.J.

"You're one lucky guy, Kevin," said Asuka.

"Hop in, Kevin," said Turbomon as he opened his canopy. Kevin hopped into the cockpit and sat down in the seat. Turbomon closed the canopy as Kevin fastened on the restraints. (A/N: The restraints are like the ones used by Gundam pilots whenever they're inside a Gundam mobile suit.)

"Let's get this over with," said Kevin as he gripped his hand tightly on the controls.

"Then let's kick the tires and light the fires!" said Turbomon. And with that, he sped off towards RoboRex.

Meanwhile, Satoshi prepared to meet his fate at the foot the mechanical menace. MetaKnightmon was doing his best to fight the robot, but to no avail.

"Satoshi! Grab on!" Looking up, Satoshi could see a car coming up to him with an arm extended from the cockpit. Satoshi lifted himself up as high as he could and grabbed onto the hand. MetaKnightmon quickly jumped onto the back and hitched a ride.

"Kevin?!" exclaimed Satoshi.

"Talk later!" said Kevin as Turbomon rounded around. They screeched to a stop in front of the other Digi-Destined. Ken lifted his son off Turbomon and MetaKnightmon put away his sword.

"Satoshi, are you alright?" asked Ken.

"I'll be fine," said Satoshi as his father carefully placed him into his spare wheelchair.

"If anyone needs me, I'll be fighting that mechanical monster," said Kevin. And with that, he and Turbomon returned to the battle.

RoboRex opened up his chest and started firing missiles at Turbomon, who dodged them with ease. Irritated, RoboRex held out his hands and fired some extra missiles from his fingers. When those didn't work, he added in his laser cannons, which were mounted into his eyes.

"We've gotta stop him before he destroys the city," said Kevin. His eyes quickly scanned the dashboard until they fell on a switch labeled LINE. "Turbomon, listen to me. When I give you the signal, you start circling around the RoboRex. Clear?"

"Crystal," said Turbomon as he dodged another blast. He accelerated his velocity and they shot forward towards RoboRex - straight at his legs.

"Wait for it," Kevin said calmly, "Wait for it. NOW!" As soon they passed under RoboRex's legs, Kevin pulled the switch and a line shot out of Turbomon's back and attached itself onto the robotic dinosaur's leg. "Turbomon, circle now!"

"Gotcha!" shouted Turbomon and he began to swerve around RoboRex's legs, wrapping the line around them and tightening it with each pass. RoboRex, being programmed solely for destruction purposes, was unaware of their intentions until it was too late.

"Detaching now!" said Kevin after the tenth pass and released the line. They watched as RoboRex tried to move forward, only to find itself unable to do so.

"Now it's my turn!" said Turbomon as he picked up speed, "CRASH ATTACK!" He activated a small forward defense shield and smashed right into RoboRex's foot. Causing the colossal cyborg to fall onto the pavement.

RoboRex lifted its head and shook it. It opened its mouth and began to power up his deadliest weapon.

"Watch out!" shouted Gennai, "It's going to use it's Obliterator!"

"Not if we get it first!" said Kevin. He gave Turbomon a signal and the Turbo-level Digimon began to build a massive fireball with its two front burners. The fireball then turned into four slightly smaller rapidly spinning fireballs.

"Time to turn up the heat!" said Turbomon, "TURBO FLAME!" And with that, he launched his attack at RoboRex, which spun towards the massive machine like a wheel. It flew straight at it and right into its mouth. RoboRex closed its mouth looked down at Turbomon curiously. That's when the Turbo Flame struck RoboRex's internal reactor. The attack struck it with such force that it caused the reactor to explode, wiping out RoboRex's core, and RoboRex himself, in the process. The powerful mechanical monsters roared loudly right before it exploded into pieces, showering the area with a rain of flaming steel.

"They did it!" shouted C.J. He and his twin sister leapt up and shouted cries of joy.

"He did it," said Tai, "Kevin did it."

"Our son is growing up," said Sora.

Turbomon pulled up to the Digi-Destined and Kevin hopped out of the cockpit and was greeted by everybody. Turbomon De-Digivolved back into Dinomon and the Keycard of Courage was ejected from its slot.

******************

Somewhere in the Digital World, several robots known as Tekbots were working hard on various computer consoles.

"Sir," said one of the Tekbots, "RoboRex 478-835 has been destroyed. It's the one we sent to the real world."

"So, the humans are resisting us, as well," said a mighty voice, "No matter. As soon as we get their guardians out of the way, we can take over the real world without trouble. Prepare for their arrival."

"Yes, Lord Central," said the Tekbot.

******************

Kevin, Asuka, Tracy, C.J., Sakura, Richie, Jade, and their all stood opposite of their parents, as well as David, Satoshi, and their two Digimon.

"Well son, it looks like you and your friends are off to save two worlds," said Tai.

"I'd go, but I'm currently not in the right condition to do so," said Satoshi. His implication was obvious.

"And I gotta look out for Satoshi," said David, "So that counts me out."

"It's all up to you guys now," said Tai.

"Hold on, we still have a few things to give you guys," said Izzy. Todd stepped forward and handed Jade some sort of belt.

"What is it?" asked Jade.

"It's a utility belt," said Todd, "It carries all the necessities you guys will need like emergency food and first-aid supplies. And here's something for Tracy. Your father came up with the idea for this." Todd walked over to Tracy and handed him what appeared to be a Saiyan scouter.

"What's this?" asked Tracy.

"It's the newest form of the Digimon Analyzer," replied Izzy, "You hook it up to your Digivice and place the lens over your eye. Just pus the button on the side and it'll scan whatever Digimon you're looking at and give you the stats on the lens. All data will be stored inside your Digivice."

"Dad, you're the greatest," said Tracy as he hugged Izzy. He then hugged his mother before attaching the new DigiScouter to the left side of his head so that the lens covered his left eye and made the connections to his Digigear.

"I'm going to miss you, Kevin," said Sora.

"I'll be back, mom. I promise," said Kevin.

"As soon as the kids finished saying good-bye to their parents, they walked towards the vortex that RoboRex had used to enter into the real world. They all took one last glance back before stepping through the portal with their Digimon and into the Digital World. As soon as the last person was in, the vortex closed.

"Good luck, son," said Tai, "And good luck to the rest of you.

What will the new Digi-Destined find in the Digital World? And what are the intentions of the nefarious Central One? Find out on the next episode of "Digimon 2024"!

**************************************************************** **************

And that was the first chapter of my "Digimon 2024" series. Please read and review, ladies and gentlemen. Your reviews give me encouragement.