Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Adventure Gaiden ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Digimon Adventure Gaiden
Prologue to a Journey

It's hard to say where to begin sometimes, because like a lot of things, this was hardly the kind of story with the most definite beginning. Do I start with when I left Japan with my parents, on a business trip to Montana? Or should I start with when they sent me to a week-long summer camp out there? Or maybe when they introduced me to the Cohens? Well, I suppose my first encounter with Ben would be as good a place as any.

My parents had decided to send me to a summer camp along with their friend's son, Benjamin Cohen. They told me about it on the flight, or so they say, but I guess I was just too preoccupied with my imagination to notice. Once the plane landed, the Cohens met us, but they were complaining about the heat. I... wasn't sure what to think, really. I'd never been to Montana before.

Ben started explaining how odd it was for the area to get so hot, even during the summer, while we were on the way to camp. Then, the weather sort of seemed like what Ben considered normal. Too bad it didn't last. When reports started coming in about the lake turning into Jell-o, Ben thought it was some grand joke on everyone's part, but it really was Jell-o! Needless to say, most of the week was pretty boring, until July thirty-first!

Of course, that was August first in Japan, and I know I've heard about crazy stuff there too. Stuff like a drought in Tokyo while a camp not too far outside of the city was getting a freak snowstorm. And of course, there were kids at that camp too, but they're another story. In fact, I bet you've already heard some of it. Theirs was told in the Anime series Digimon Adventure, specifically the 01 season.

I wasn't lucky like Taichi, though. I was stuck with a kid who only spoke English, and he was the only person I knew at all. Green hair, and almost as constant of a bad hair day as Taichi, though hardly the same style. As for me, my hair is straight, and dark blue. Most people would consider it black. But it was that night of July 31. .. that's when our adventure started. That's how it all began, in a camp not too far from Ben's hometown of Bozeman, Montana.

~ Karada Genki

Note: This story takes place in Digimon Adventure Remix continuity. It will hint at Genmi (Genki/Mimi) later on. For the most part, there will be no blatant contradictions of Remix canon.

If you haven't read any of the Remix yet, it is hereon MediaMiner. My plan is to stay ahead of the Gaiden (side story) at every point in the Remix, though with some of the points, that may be difficult. I hope you enjoy this story. I will also be doing a Gaiden for every season that I Remix.