Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ Things don't go your way, or No Rest for the Weary ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13 Things Don't go your way
 
“so your combined attack defeated a marine Devimon?” Morgan questioned. All six replied in the affirmative.
 
“It was sweet! And I bet we could do it again. It would help if we had some ultimate level digimon though. Leo regained his ability to do it.”
 
“Yeah, they would help, but I don't think it was just the attack combination. I mean, we used fire on an aquatic digimon. I think it had more to do with you Davis, but don't let that go to your head.” Henry sighed after he finished speaking, waiting for a response.
 
Davis looked at him quizzically. “um, ok? What exactly did I have to do with it?”
 
“Your crest of miracles probably. It wouldn't be the first time you've been directly linked to the supposed impossible, or just highly improbable. Didn't Ken and the others admit you were the one who figured out that dream dimension? And you activated the digi-egg of miracles, you don't give up, you don't believe in the impossible. It's like working miracles. Apparently, the Dark area is ampliphying that,” Zach explained.
 
Davis looked down at his crest, and held it up in his palm. “So I'm some sort of miracle worker?”
 
“More like you don't believe in giving up, to the point you can actually do what could otherwise not be down. You don't have doubts when it comes right down to it.”
 
“Kinda reminds me of Takato/Takuya,” spoke both Henry and Koji simultaneously. They looked at each other, laughed, and then continued, again, saying the exactly same thing. “They get faced with the impossible, and do it anyways.”
 
“You left out Masaru, but anyways, yeah. I think having four people like that has something to do with it.”
 
“Six. Leo is almost exactly like Masaru, just maybe a little smarter or calmer or whatever you call it. And Morgan, well, once he sets his belief in getting something done, he doesn't fail. Destiny and such,” Lucas added his own comment.
 
“So what are you saying, we have to rely on a miracle?”
 
“Not exactly.”
 
At that moment BlackAgumon strode up. “The others willing you to stay for tonight, but they want you gone morning. I not convince them fight.”
 
“That's alright, let's let everyone get some rest, we'll make some plans and move somewhere else in the morning.
 
A shriek pierced the night, echoing through the cavern. “ATTACK! We're under attack!” Came the cry from one of the rookies that hid in the cavern. “It's them, they led the dark servants right to us! He did it!” The Modoki betamon's cry was silenced as one of the dark servants struck him, and he was blasted to pieces. BlackAgumon came dashing up to the awakened digi-destined. “Run! Now! BlackRyudamon lead you out! Go!”
 
The BlackRyudamon stood at one of the tunnels, and fired at a Dark Servant. “You follow now!”
 
Explosions echoed as the confused digi-destined and their digimon followed the BlackRyudamon. They assumed BlackAgumon was following at the rear, but nobody glanced backwards to look.
 
They ran for what seemed like hours. Nobody stopped to question where they ran to. Then, all of a sudden, they came out of the tunnels in the middle of some form of mountains. BlackRyudamon looked back at them, then nodded. “We can rest here. We is sorry for what happened, We not blame you as others do. Bound to happen eventually, and fight we should regardless. You bring hope. But we must return to see to our friends, find out what has happened. Goodbye.” He disappeared into the tunnel again, without another word.
 
It was Veemon who noticed the abscense of Black Agumon. “Hey, where'd he go?”
 
“He must have stayed behind to help his friends.”
 
“He'd already proven himself when he lead us there to help, this just puts me to shame. I've got a lot of ground to cover,” Lucas admitted to himself, and those within hearing of his softly spoken words.
 
No rest for the weary, as they say. “Well well well, what have we here mephistomon?” a voice rang out, sinister and mocking, echoing through the mountain stone.
 
Another voice replied, that of Mephistomon. “A chance for Revenge, Phelesmon, beautiful, sweet, revenge. Against both Those who destroyed me the first time, and those who destroyed me the second. Well, two of those who came the first time. A look, My other half, The 5 are there too. Isn't this an opportunity?”
 
“Indeed. If we defeat them, it shall make Lady Lillithmon so very happy, and we shall gain new power!”
 
“Then let us destroy them!”
 
“Mephistomon and Phelesmon! Shit!”
 
“But, we destroyed Mephistomon!” returned Takato.
 
“Yeah, and remember where destroyed evil digimon go?” rejoined Zach.
 
“Oh,” replied all 3 tamers and their digimon. “Well, we beat him once, we'll do it again!”
 
“It will not be so easy this time. I am not alone. Meet my other partners!” alongside the now visible Mephistomon and Phelesmon appeared 3 more digimon.
 
“LadyDevimon!” exclaimed the D3 team.
 
“Makuramon!?” exclaimed the Tamers.
 
“Metal Phantomon!” exclaimed Ikuto and Masaru.
 
“It seems we all have personal scores to settle here.”
 
“Indeed. This will be truly entertaining.” LadyDevimon smiled malevolently.
 
“Zach, we need the blue card!”
 
“Guilmon, let's do this!” Takato snapped his goggles into place, and swiped the card, Rika and Henry moments behind him. “Digi-Modify! Digivolution activate!”
 
“Guilmon/Renamon/Terriermon Digivolve to…Growlmon/Kyuubimon/Gargomon! Attack!” The three charged forward, as Mephistomon moved to greet them.
 
Lady Devimon laughed as she launched an “Darkness Wave!” attack. “Soon you shall all be gone, cast into darkness, and then we shall swallow up the light!”
 
“You're wrong! The Darkness will never prevail!” Kari looked up fiercely at Lady Devimon. “Gatomon, Let's show her the power of The Light one more time!”
 
“Gatomon Digivolve to…Angewomon! Take this you witch!”
 
“Witch!? Is that the best you can do?”
 
At that same moment, Zach was digging out the blue card, but then Phelesmon tossed Blazermon into the mountain side, knocking Zach off balance and sending the blue card fluttering away, and completely blocking the tunnel entrance.
 
“Somebody, grab it!”
 
“Gladly!” Makuramon darted forward, attempting to grab the card.
 
“Not today Monkey face!” Takuya shot across the air, grabbed the card, and delivered a good hard punch to Makuramon. “Get lost! Henry, catch!” He tossed the card as he fell and spirit evolved, and Henry reached out and caught it.
 
“So you have a blue card. Congrats, but it won't save you.”
 
“I'm inclined to disagree. Digi-modify! Matrix Digivolution activate!”
 
“Gargomon Matrix Digi-volve to… Rapidmon! Take this! Rapidfire!” he launched a volley of shots at Mephistomon, but Mephistomon simply swatted them aside.
 
“Dark Cloud!” the released energy blast smashes Rapidmon into the mountain, reburying a just extricated Blazermon.
 
“Now then, I think I'll play with the little girl first, females can be such fun, and they are soooo sensitive to the touch.” The look on his face would make any girl with the guts slap him, if they weren't just too plain disgusted to think. He reached for her, swatting aside both Growlmon and Kyuubimon with ease as he went. Takato, on the other hand, was just motivated to kick ass, which he promptly did.
 
“You keep your hands off her you monster! Growlmon, let's do this!” Takato pulled a card from his pocket, which looked blue just as he swiped it. “Digi-modify! Matrix Digivolution activate!”
 
“Dragon Axe!” screamed WarGrowlmon as he dived in to attack. The attack forced Mephistomon back a figurative step, but them he launched another “Dark Cloud!” and shot WarGrowlmon into the mountain, burying Blazermon for a third time, and Rapidmon, Agunimon, ExVeemon, and Peckmon.
 
“Alright, I'll play with you first,” replied Mephistomon as he changed targets.
 
Takato ducked and covered his head, expecting to be enveloped by Mephistomon's fist, or an attack, he wasn't sure which. It was neither, as he opened his eyes upon not making contact. Taomon was shielding him, and Rika and Henry.
 
“Blazing Meltdown!” screamed Blazermon from beneath the rockpile, blasting it outwards. The freed digimon promptly resumed battle.
 
Peckmon ran back to battle alongside Rizegreymon against MetalPhantomon, while Exveemon rejoined Angemon and Angewomon's sides to fight Lady Devimon. Makuramon fought off attacks from Stingmon, Aquilamon, Ankylomon, Agunimon, and Lobomon.
 
Phelesmon was engaged by the 5 original digidestined. He'd been winning, until Blazermon blasted himself out of the rockpile. The explosion distracted him long enough for Raidramon to land a good blast of electricity, which paralyzed him just long enough for a follow up by Blazermon.
 
Blazermon's “Blazing Meltdown,” a full body surge of white hot flame, engulfed Phelesmon and set him on fire. Seconds later, he was frozen solid by Canamon.
 
Canamon grinned at his handiwork. “Rapid heating of an object followed by Rapid cooling severely weakens it.”
 
“Scouter Monoeye! Identifying! Weakpoint located, making the crack!” Sealsdramon promptly stabbed the Ice encased Phelesmon in a point on his side. “Razormon, your ups!”
 
“Spinning Razor!” Razormon sliced straight through the weakpoint, annihilating Phelesmon. “Chalk one up for the good team!” she cheered.
 
“Phelesmon! Damn you digi…” Lady Devimon was cut off by an arrow sticking out of her chest. “Double damn you, you i…” she disintegrated.
 
“Phelesmon! Lady Devimon! You Cursed Digi-destined, this isn't the end. Metal Phantomon, Makuramon, retreat for now! They have us at a disadvantage!”
 
“Right! Let's go, my friends, to fight another day! Primal Orb!” The orb encased himself, Mephistomon, who had until that moment been battling, and losing, against the three tamer's digimon, and MetalPhantomon, who had probably been faring the best(having a mostly incorporeal body made him practically immune to RizeGreymon's most powerful attack), and then shot off, carrying them away.
 
Everybody looked around. Davis was the first to speak. “Glad that's over, maybe now we can get some rest.”
 
“Amen buddy,” replied Veemon, who promptly fell asleep.
 
4