Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Hunters ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“We should split into two groups and meet back here.” Jason suggested. He went with Gre, Rei, and Leslie one way. Lao, Tao, Elie and Kyo went off in the opposite direction. Jason led his group right into a group of fruit trees. Kyo lead his group down to a stream where they caught some fish. An hour later, they were filled with breakfast and had some fruit saved for later.
 
“I think we need a leader.” Gre said.
 
“I nominate Jason.” Rei said which surprised Jason. Everyone agreed.
 
Jason had never been happier. He went from having no friends to having fifteen, including the digimon.
 
“Alright then. We need to get moving. We shouldn't just stay in one place and wait for them to attack.” Jason said and once again everyone agreed.
 
So they packed up what they had and walked down a path through the woods. They soon came to a small town, but it seemed to be deserted.
 
“Hello?” Jason called out.
 
“I don't think anybody's here.” Gre said.
 
Rei looked over and thought she saw a shutter close.
 
“What happened here?” Tao asked looking at some burn and scratch marks on a building.
 
“I don't know,” Jason said as he walked up to a door and knocked. “Hello? We're not with Darklordmon.” This had done it. All sorts of digimon came out of their houses.
 
An Agumon walked up to them. “Then, can you help us?” the Agumon asked.
 
“What happened?” Jason asked.
 
“Come back to my house.” Agumon said. They followed Agumon back to a decent sized house. It was red with yellow windows. They walked inside and sat on the ground in a circle to listen to Agumon. Agumon remained standing as he explained. “Darklordmon has sent an evil digimon here to terrorize us. Every night he comes and takes away another villager to become a slave to Darklordmon. His name is Firebearmon and he's too strong for any of us to beat.”
 
“Well, don't worry. We'll stop him.” Jason said standing up.
 
That night the eight digidestined and their partners patrolled the streets. For a few hours, nothing happened. Gre walked down a dimly lit street, Kabumon following closely behind. “I'm bored,” Kabumon said.
 
“Well, we've got to do this,” Gre replied. Just as he turned around, a giant bear that seemed to be on fire lunged at him. Gre quickly dodged. “Get him, Kabumon!”
 
“Fire Bear Claw.” Firebearmon slashed at him and fire seemed to come out of his claws. Kabumon countered with Ice Claw. It barely touched Firebearmon and he started laughing. “You call that an attack?” Firebearmon teased. He then attacked again knocking Kabumon back into Gre. Kabumon was out cold.
 
“Kabumon! Get up!” Gre said. “Our friends are counting on us. SO GET UP!” As he said this his digivice glowed.
 
“Kabumon digivolve to Tokumon.” He was now a lot bigger. His claws were a little longer and he had a headband on. There were blue streaks along the ice blue fur. “Let's do this tough guy.” Tokumon said. He stood straight up on his hind legs.
 
Tokumon reared back and called out, “Ice breath.” He then shot out a breath of ice. It froze everything it touched and it hit Firebearmon, freezing him instantly. “Wolf Claw.” Tokumon struck Firebearmon. Firebearmon screamed in pain before digitizing into a digiegg. A ball of fire shot out from behind Tokumon and Gre and it destroyed the black sphere. Gre turned around to see Jason and Velocimon.
 
“Nice job,” Jason said as he gave a thumb up. Gre couldn't help but smile.
 
In the morning, Jason and Gre explained to the villagers that they were free from Firebearmon. The other digidestined listened as they were told what had happened.
 
“That's two that have digivolved. I wonder who's going to be next,” Leslie said hopefully. The fact that the digimon partners were digivolving was a good sign. After a days rest, they left the village with an abundance of food. They set off through the desert towards a beach.