Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Saga: A New Beginning ❯ Welcome to Primary Village ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Digimon belongs to Toei and Hongo, I'm not making any money off these stories so don't sue me. Any characters that I create belong to me; if you want to use them then ask my permission. The characters that were created by other people belong to them and should not be used without the creators' permission. With all that out of the way, enjoy the story!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Digimon Saga: A New Beginning

By Hyperman

 

 

Chapter 3 Part 1

Welcome to Primary Village

 

 

Darien awoke to the sounds of birds chirping, as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. As he got his bearings, Darien felt a familiar weight on his chest and tilted his head to look down at Black Gatomon's sleeping form. Darien smiled to himself as he watched his Black Gatomon sleep; he never got tired of it. She was the first thing he thought about at the beginning of the day and last thing he thought about, before he went to bed.

 

`All this time and I never knew, until last night.' Darien said to himself, as he gently tried to remove her from his chest only to feel her tail tighten around his own. `I guess she doesn't want me to go anywhere right now. Well I don't mind.' Darien thought as, he lightly tickled one of her ears. The ear flicked at the sensation and Darien chuckled. He looked over at the clock on his night stand and saw that it was only six in the morning. A few more hours of sleep wouldn't hurt, because today was going to a very long day. Darien wrapped his arms around Black Gatomon and drifted back to sleep. Meanwhile, Black Gatomon was having some dreams of her own.

 

"I'll show you how strong I' am mother, prepare yourself!" Lady Devimon said, as she charged straight at her mother. Lilithmon smirked and stood her ground, before she blocked a series of quick jabs delivered from her daughter.

 

"Come now Lady Devimon, the least you can do is try to tag me." Lilithmon taunted and as usual, Lady Devimon fell for it. With a snarl, Lady Devimon tried to slash Lillithmon with her elongated claws, only strike the air instead. Lady Devimon went on the defensive, but felt a sharp pain in her rear end and suddenly found herself, face first on the floor. Lady Devimon rolled over, only to have a black sandaled foot pin her to the floor.

 

"I win again!" Lilithmon said with a grin, as she stared down at her glowering daughter. The Demon Lord Digimon offered her manicured hand to her Fallen Angel of a daughter. Lady Devimon accepted Lilithmon's hand; a smile appeared on Lady Devimon's face, her mother was now open. With a tug, Lady Devimon tried to yank her mother down, only to be pulled up by her own strength and have Lilithmon's fist run into her gut. Lady Devimon once again found herself on the ground, only this time she was curled up into a ball and gasping for air.

 

Lilithmon sighed and shook her head at her daughter, "You should have learned by now that I'm stronger than you, even when you draw upon my power for yourself."

 

And it was true, while both Digimon looked relatively human; both had enough strength to knock over a Mach Truck with one hand. Lady Devimon had the special ability to draw upon the Darkness in others and make herself stronger, it really worked on other Dark Digimon or those with filled with despair. But for some reason, her mother always beat her. It didn't help that Lady Devimon didn't know what her mother's special abilities were, but being a Mega level Digimon had its advantages.

 

"I'll beat you yet!" Lady Devimon said, as she regained her breath and stood up. Lilithmon only sighed again, as Lady Devimon charged her. Lilithmon vanished before Lady Devimon, who stopped in her tracks and spun around with a roundhouse kick. Lady Devimon's kick was blocked by Lilithmon, who grabbed Lady Devimon's ankle rather painfully and smiled warmly at her daughter. Lady Devimon knew that this was trouble.

 

"Good night Lady Devimon, sweet dreams!" Lilithmon said, before her fist connected with Lady Devimon's jaw and everything went black.

 

Black Gatomon awoke from her dream, in Darien's bed. She yawned and stretched her tired muscles, before she noticed that her partner was gone. Black Gatomon then picked up the smell of fish in the kitchen and her stomach began to growl. Getting up, Black Gatomon walked out of Darien's room and into hers to take care of business; after she was done, Black Gatomon went into the kitchen to see Darien cooking breakfast.

 

"Good Morning!" Darien said rather cheerfully when he noticed Black Gatomon, and Black Gatomon cocked an eyebrow.

 

"You seem to be in a good mood, and good morning to you too." Black Gatomon said, as she hopped up onto the table and waited for Darien to finish cooking.

 

"And why shouldn't I be in a good mood, I had a really great dream last night, after I had a really bad one." Black Gatomon tensed at that comment, the memories of last nights events coming back to her.

 

"Darien about that, I didn't mean to force you to sleep, but…"

 

Darien cut her off, "Its okay, it really is. I should thank you because I haven't had that good a dream in a long time, and because it put a lot of things into perspective." Black Gatomon looked at him curiously.

 

"Like what?" She asked, as Darien walked over to the table and put a bowl in front of her, before sitting down across from her with a bowl of his own. Stuff, was Darien's reply, as Black Gatomon looked down at the contents in the bowl. White rice with three fish on the top, as well as green flakes mixed into the rice. Black Gatomon's eyes lit up, as she inhaled the heavenly smell.

 

"Cat Rice, this is my favorite!" Black Gatomon said, as she began to devour the food. Darien only smiled, as he watched her eat.

 

"I figured since you were a cat right now, you'd enjoy it, plus we didn't have much left in the refrigerator." Darien said, as he began to eat his as well. As they ate, Darien noticed that Black Gatomon was staring at him with a content look on her face. "What's up?" Darien asked,

 

"It's just that everything feels good right now." Black Gatomon said, and Darien nodded.

 

"Yes it does." Darien said and Black Gatomon nodded in agreement, as they continued to eat in silence.

 

While Darien washed dishes Black Gatomon thought back to last night. Darien had another bad dream and she had to force him to sleep. This was the worst dream so far, so she made him dream of happy things. Then while she slept, Nancy came to her and told her many startling things. That something bad was about to happen and that she and Darien needed to be prepared. Then the most startling thing of all happened, Nancy asked Black Gatomon why she didn't tell Darien how she felt. Of course, Nancy didn't believe her denies that she and Darien were "just friends" and Black Gatomon finally admitted that she loved Darien, but was just too afraid to say something. Well Black Gatomon was going to fix that today, after they went to Alice's home and took care of some business. Then there was the dream this morning, the dream of her and Lilithmon sparing together. It had been years since she had those kinds of dreams; maybe they were trying to tell her something. As Black Gatomon continued to think, her eyes began to grow heavy.

 

"You lost again, huh sis?" Asked Black Gatomon, as Lady Devimon picked herself off the floor; Lady Devimon looked around and then at her younger sister.

 

"Where did mother go and how long have I been out?" Lady Devimon asked her sister, as she rubbed her sore jaw.

 

"Mother is in the throne room and you've been out for an hour." Black Gatomon told her sister. Lady Devimon sighed; it seemed that her mother took it easy on her. If Lilithmon had been serious about the fight, Lady Devimon would have been out for about eight hours. Lady Devimon hated when her mother didn't take her seriously. Lady Devimon stood up and stormed out of the training room, her younger sister running behind her.

 

"You aren't going to fight her again are you?" Black Gatomon asked Lady Devimon. Lady Devimon continued walk towards the throne room, but shook her head no and that made Black Gatomon sigh in relief. When Lady Devimon and Black Gatomon came to the throne room, Lilithmon was seated in her chair, listing to the reports of a Bakemon. When Lilithmon spotted the two, she motioned for the Bakemon to leave, the ghost Digimon bowed his head and vanished from sight. Now that they were alone, Lilithmon smiled at her daughters.

 

"So what can I do you for?" Lilithmon asked the pair, Lady Devimon and Black Gatomon walked closer to the throne.

 

"Why don't you take our fights seriously?" Lady Devimon asked Lilithmon, who sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, Lady Devimon glared and Black Gatomon giggled; Lilithmon was about to give "The Speech".

 

"Oh why did the heavens or hells mind you, give me such a hard headed daughter? I've tried to teach everything I could, but you still refuse to grasp the basic concepts of fighting!" Lilithmon said over dramatically, before she stood up and put a began to wave her hand to her face, as if she were going to faint. Lady Devimon began to growl and Black Gatomon tried to hold back her snickers.

"Stop acting like a child and answer my question!" Lady Devimon snapped and Lilithmon turned serious. Lilithmon pointed one of her fingers at Lady Devimon.

 

"The reason you lack the power to beat me is because you fight for power. You think that by loading the data from an opponent you will grow stronger, when in fact you make yourself that much weaker. True that loading data does make us stronger, but it isn't enough. You have to look within yourself and will the strength to you." Lilithmon told her confused daughter.

 

"What do you mean by that?" Lady Devimon asked.

 

"I mean that all you fight for is yourself. Tell me, do you know what the greatest power is?" Lady Devimon shook her head no at the question.

 

"Its love, pure and simple," Lilithmon told Lady Devimon; Lady Devimon's pale face grew a rosy pink with anger and looked like she was about to explode.

 

"GIVE ME A BREAK! WHAT THE HELL KIND OFANSWER IS THAT!? DO YOU TRULY EXPECT ME TO BEILEVE THAT LOVE IS A WEAPON, IT'S A WEAKNESS!" Lady Devimon shouted, "I got strong the way I did because I believed in myself and no one else! Not you, not Black Gatomon, and certainly not father!" Lady Devimon shouted, Lilithmon glared at her; Black Gatomon's ears wilted, as she back away from her sister. Lady Devimon realized that she had made a mistake. Lilithmon walked towards Lady Devimon, who stood her ground; running would be useless. Lilithmon stood in front of her daughter and raised her hand back and brought it forward, Lady Devimon shut her eyes and braced herself for the blow to come; it never did. Lady Devimon opened her eyes, when she felt her mother's hand softly caress her face; the Mega level Digimon leaned forward and kissed her daughter on the cheek and hugged her. Lady Devimon stood stunned, not knowing what to do

.

"You stupid child, love is a weapon; how do you think me and your aunt defeated your grandmother Deathmon, or how your father and I became rulers of this castle and the southern continent?" Lilithmon asked Lady Devimon who had no answer, "Because we loved each other; true that we were strong individually, but when we pulled our strength together we were invincible. I know that you don't understand, but that's only because you haven't found someone for yourself. Your father and I understood that this senseless loading of data doesn't make us stronger. True strength comes from sharing your feelings with those around you." Lilithmon sighed, as she let go of Lady Devimon. "I guess the reason you know so little, is because you have yet to see the world; so I want you to go and find your human partner." Lady Devimon and Black Gatomon both gasped at that remark and Lilithmon smiled at them.

 

"Wh-what are you talking about mo-mother?" Lady Devimon stuttered and the demon Mega laughed.

 

"Oh come off it you two, I know that Lady Devimon planned on finding a human to make her stronger and that you both made a "certain promise" to each other. But I don't mind, I think you will find it impossible though, and I'm content with what I have now; although I think your aunt might beg to differ." Lilithmon turned back to Lady Devimon, "My daughter, I have taught you all that I could and now you must apply what you've learned to your life. Be strong, be brave, never lose sight of your goal; but at the same time, don't get too arrogant and please try to lighten up a little bit, you can be such a stick in the mud sometimes." Lilithmon said, before giving her daughter and kiss and a hug again. Lady Devimon could feel tears in her eyes, even when she said to herself that crying is for the weak, she was overcome with the emotion, but somehow kept the tears back.

 

"I don't really know what to say mother, except thank you and I won't let you down."

 

Lilithmon's eyes began to shine, were those tears in her eyes? "I know you won't let me down Lady Devimon and when you come back home, show me how much you've improved. You have the potential to be the strongest of us all, don't disappoint me and support your Tamer." With that said, Lilihmon vanished from Lady Devimon and Black Gatomon's sight.

 

"So I guess your leaving, huh sis?" Asked Black Gatomon, and Lady Devimon nodded her head. Black Gaotmon leapt into her sister's arms, buried her head in Lady Devimon's chest, and began to cry. "I promised myself that I wouldn't cry, but I thought I'd have more time to prepare!" Black Gatomon cried and Lady Devimon tried to soothe her.

 

"Stop crying, you're stronger than that and besides, when you become stronger you can come find me and my Tamer. Then you can find you a Tamer for yourself, but become stronger until that day comes." Lady Devimon told Black Gatomon, who wiped tears from her eyes.

 

"I won't cry anymore, I will become just as strong, if not stronger than you!" Black Gatomon said with smile. Lady Devimon smiled back at her sister.

 

"You become stronger than me? That's the best joke I've heard in awhile." Lady Devimon said laughing.

 

Black Gatomon glared at Lady Devimon. "You'll see! I'll become just as strong as you and mother, but I'll do it without a Tamer and then we can fulfill our promise together!" Before Lady Devimon could say anything, a voice woke her up.

 

"Black Gatomon, wake up. It's almost time to go." Said Darien, as he shook his partner awake, Black Gatomon yawned and stretched the kinks out of her back. She looked up at Darien who was fully dressed in blue jean shorts, a white t-shirt and black boots.

"What time is it Darien?" Black Gatomon asked.

 

"It's almost twelve thirty. I didn't want to wake you up because you looked like you needed more sleep. Go get ready, because we will be heading for Alice's house at one." Darien told her and Black Gatomon complied, heading for the bathroom. `Soon, I'll tell you how I feel and I hope you feel the same.' Darien thought to himself, as he went into his room and sat at the computer. Darien went online and contacted Alice.

 

Hyperman: Are you there Alice, are you okay? Darien typed and waited for an answer. He didn't have to wait long, because Alice answered immediately.

Goth Girl: I'm fine Darien, our talk really helped last night. I'm a little nervous though, I'm about to explode. Darien laughed at the comment, as he typed.

Hyperman: It's not everyday that a father hears he's about to become a grandfather, much less the grandfather of a Hybrid.

Goth Girl: I know, it's just that I'm afraid father won't love the child the way I do, that he'll call it a freak or something! `Not good.' Darien thought to himself, as he speedily typed.

Hyperman: Hey! I thought we agreed that there would be no more negative thinking, that's just self doubt. I know that he might be angry that you had sex at such an early age, but he'll never stop loving you or your child. Five minutes passed and still no answer, so Darien typed.

Hyperman: Alice, are you going to be okay? I was going to wait until one to come over, but I can come now if necessary?

Goth Girl: I'm ok, I was crying because you were right, I' am feeling sorry for myself and you've been such a big help. You don't have to come over yet though. "Thank god, don't scare me like that girl!" Darien said, as he typed again.

Hyperman: No need to thank me, just don't get all depressed on me. And I should be thanking you; you've helped me in more ways than one.

Goth Girl: Your talking about Lady Devimon aren't you?

Hyperman: Yup.

Goth Girl: And?

Hyperman: You were right! I realized that I do love her with all my heart and once I accepted that, I felt great!

Goth Girl: Good for you! You have told her right?

Hyperman: Not yet, but later today. We have other things to take care of first.

Goth Girl: TELL HER NOW!!!!! Darien grinned at that.

Hyperman: Business before pleasure, I want to get all the other stuff out of the way, before I tell her. But don't worry, even if she doesn't love me the way I do, I won't be sad.

Goth Girl: I'm glad to hear that, I hope it works out though. Darien grinned as he typed.

Hyperman: Well if she doesn't, then I can always get some sake and have at it!!!

Goth Girl: That's what I said last night, its still so funny, but I hope you two do get together and don't go and start drinking.

Hyperman: ^_^ I was just kidding about that part, but I think everything will be fine. Be ready, we'll be coming in a few.

Goth Girl: I'm glad you were just kidding, and thank you for being a friend; thank you so much. I don't know how to repay you.

Hyperman: Your friendship and taking care of the little one when he or she comes is payment enough.

Goth Girl: You said that last night too. But thank you anyway.

Hyperman: No problem, see ya soon.

Goth Girl: Bye!

 

*Hyperman has logged out*

*Goth Girl has logged out*

 

Darien prepared a gate to Alice's house and called Shimbumi. Darien waited a few minutes and a man answered the phone.

"Hello?" Asked the person on the other end, it was Shibumi.

 

"Hey Shibumi, it's me Darien." Darien greeted, "I'll be coming over a little late.

 

"Why is that?" Shibumi asked. Darien sighed.

 

"You remember how you found out that there were other hybrid children besides me right and how there is a village full of them in the Digital World?" Darien asked.

 

"Yes, you were going to take me, the Monster Makers, and some of your friends with you to the village after you came here for a check up. Is something wrong?" Shibumi asked.

 

"Not really, but there has been a little change in plans; a friend of mine is going to be the mother of a hybrid child, but I don't know how it works with hybrids, because I wasn't born one. I figured since you were one of the guys who helped create Digimon that you could tell us what the child might be."

 

"Well tell your friend I said congratulations and yes I do have a theory about what the offspring of a human and a Digimon might look like. I call it the Digital Hybrid Theory." Shibumi said.

 

"Digital Hybrid Theory huh, well after we go and tell her father, we'll come on over and you can fill us in." Darien said.

 

"Good, now I just want to ask you a couple of questions." Shibumi said.

 

"Alright, go ahead." Darien said.

 

"First is it your child?"

 

"HELL NO!" Darien shouted and blushed, even though Shibumi couldn't see it

 

"Owww, sorry." Shibumi said rubbing his ear. "Next question, how long has she been pregnant?"

 

"Little over a year and she's just now starting to notice that she's been pregnant and that's just weird." Darien answered.

 

"Yes that is strange. Now tell me, what is her name?"

 

"You know her, she is Alice McCoy; the daughter of Dolphin." Darien answered and then he heard the receiver drop on the other end. "Hey Shibumi, are you still there?" Darien asked and the he heard Shibumi pick up the phone.

 

"You said Dolphin right, my friend Dolphin?" Shibumin asked uncertainly.

 

"Yes that Dolphin, I just found out from Alice yesterday and she hasn't said a word to him about it. I would have called you earlier, but something funny happened to me last night and I started to get weak. That's one of the reasons I wanted to come by." Darien told Shibumi.

 

"I better call Rob and let him know." Said Shibumi, but Darien stopped him by shouting.

 

"NO! Alice trusted me and Lady Devimon to be there for her when she told him, this has been eating her up inside and things are going to get rough on her as it is. I know you want to help her, but you should let us handle it." Darien told Shibumi, Darien knew that Shibumi was struggling with his feelings.

 

"Shibumi please, I need to do this and I need you to trust me." Darien pleaded with Shibumi and when he heard Shibumi sigh, Darien knew he'd won.

 

"Alright Darien, I trust you." Darien exhaled a breath.

 

"But when you get finished I want you to get Alice and Dolphin over here right away!" Said Shibumi, there was no room for argument in his voice.

 

"Not a problem Shibumi, Black Gatomon just stepped out of the shower and then we'll heading over to Alice's, and then over to Hypnos." Darien told him.

 

"Good, now just two more questions." Shibumi said.

 

"I'm all ears Shibumi." Said Darien and Shibumi sighed.

 

"Why did Alice tell you of all people, that she was pregnant and why not some one else?" Shibumi asked and Darien growled.

 

"I'll just ignore the `why you of all people' comment. I think she told me because I'm the only hybrid that she knows or to be more precise, the only hybrid who she already knows is also human." Darien answered, "Now, next question please?" Darien asked.

 

"Who is the father of Alice's child and why isn't he with her?" Shibumi asked.

 

"That's two questions, but I'll answer them. The father of Alice's child was a Dobermon and the reason he isn't here with us is because he gave he life to save us. Dobermon is the reason the Tamers were able to Biomerge with their Digimon to Mega." Darien answered Shibumi.

 

"Thank you Darien, now what did you mean by `the only hybrid that Alice knows is human?" Shibumi asked and Darien grinned.

 

"That's three questions Shibumi and I'll see you at Hypnos in a few, bye!" Darien answered cheerfully and hung up the phone before Shibumi could ask anymore questions. Just then, Black Gatomon came into the room smelling of Herbal Essences; Darien momentarily forgot about everything he was going to do and stared at her.

 

`Damn she smells nice and her fur is all shiny too!' Darien thought to himself.

 

"Hey Darien, who were you on the phone with just now?" Black Gatomon asked Darien, snapping him out of his day dream.

 

"Huh, oh that was just Shibumi, I told him that we'd be a little late and I also told him about Alice; I promised him we'd come right over after we got through talking with Dolphin." Darien told the little black cat and she nodded her head.

 

"Well of course we we're going to bring them over, but I guess he just wants us to be careful. Well Darien, let's get going." Black Gatomon said to her Tamer, who nodded. Darien looked over at Black Gatomon, as he held out his Digivice to the computer screen.

 

"You look nice." Darien told Black Gatomon, who was trying hard not to blush, not that Darien could see the blush under her black fur.

 

"Thank you Darien." Black Gatomon said, while turning away a bit. "Uh, shouldn't we be going?" Black Gatomon asked her partner.

 

"Oh right, Digiport Open!" Darien shouted and computer screen flashed white, as Darien and Black Gatomon were sucked into the computer.

 

Alice McCoy sat on her bed as she waited for Darien and Lady Devimon to arrive. As usual, she was dressed in black; her blonde hair, pulled into pigtails with black ribbons and she wore her trade mark black dress. Her snow white skin really set off her deep blue eyes. Alice first met the Lady Devimon and Darien about a year ago after the defeat of the D-Reaper during a party that the Monster Makers had thrown for the Tamers. Alice had gone along with her father Robert McCoy, who was also one of the people responsible for Digimon being able to exist. It was during the party that Alice met Darien and she noticed that he had a black cat tail and cat ears. Darien explained to her that he got the extra appendages from his partner, as well as a few other things, but wouldn't go about it in detail.

 

Despite that, Alice began to talk to Darien about things she had never said to anyone else and felt that she could tell just about anything. After the party, Darien gave her his e-mail address and said that if she needed anything to contact him. Well, Alice kept in contact with Darien and Alice began to feel like things were finally starting to get back to normal, that she could finally put the past behind her, but things don't always work out the way we want them to.

 

A year after the defeat of the D-Reaper Alice began to throw up and it didn't stop there. It began to happen more frequently and Alice felt something stirring in her abdomen and knew, even before she took the home pregnancy test that she was going to have Dobermon's child. It didn't frighten her that she was going to be a mother; Alice knew what she was doing when she and Dobermon made love one final time and accepted the consequences, before Dobermon sacrificed himself for her and the world.

 

What scared Alice the most was fear that her father would not love her or the baby; Alice didn't tell anyone, but knew that there was one person she could count on. Alice unloaded everything on Darien and he took it all in stride, making her feel like a great weight was off her shoulders. Now she could face her father and tell him, as soon as her guests arrived; there was a flash at her computer and Darien and Black Gatomon were standing in front of her.

 

"Hey, we're here." Darien said cheerfully to Alice, as she stood up. Alice ran over to Darien and gave him a hug, Darien returned the hug and Black Gatomon glared, until she heard Alice crying. Black Gatomon hopped on Darien's shoulder and hugged Alice the best she could.

 

"I'm so glad you two came, I didn't think you'd show." Alice said between sniffles. Darien gently patted her back.

 

"If I say I'm going to do something, I try my best to and you are my friend." Darien reminded her.

 

"How are you holding up?" Black Gatomon asked, as Alice and Darien broke their hug; Black Gatomon sat on Darien's shoulder.

 

"I've been doing a little better, but I almost couldn't sleep last night and things feel like there going out of control." Alice told them and Darien gently put a hand on Alice's shoulder.

 

"Hey, we're here now and you can tell your father the great news. Try to cheer up; everything is going to be all right." Darien reminded Alice and Black Gatomon jumped into Alice's other arms, as Darien backed away.

 

"Darien's right, you shouldn't be so scared; you should try to be more like me, be stronger." Black Gatomon told Alice and wiped some of the crying girl's tears away with her tail. Darien chuckled at that.

 

"Black Gatomon is right; you are a lot stronger than you know." Said Darien, and then added under his breath. "But you're better off being yourself than trying to be like Black Gatomon here, trust me." Black Gatomon glared at Darien, who was trying to look innocent.

 

"What was that last comment little boy, I didn't quite catch that?" Black Gatomon asked, with a growl.

 

"I didn't say anything." Darien said looking innocent and Alice began to laugh.

 

"Thank you both very much, I needed that." Alice said, as she gave Black Gatomon a hug and set the little black cat down on the floor.

 

"Well Alice, are you ready to do this?" Asked Darien, as Black Gatomon came to stand next to him and look up at Alice.

 

"Let's do this!" Alice said with a sigh, as Darien and Black Gatomon followed her out the room.

 

Robert McCoy, better know as Dolphin was sitting on the couch in the living room watching foot ball. Since Alice wasn't feeling very well, Rob decided to stay home and keep an eye on her, instead of going to the Digital World and visit the hybrid village with the other Monster Makers and Tamers. Alice had been acting strange and refused to see a doctor, saying that she only needed some bed rest. So you can imagine how Rob felt when his daughter came down the stairs with the very person who was supposed to be taking the Monster Makers and the Tamers to the hybrid village, Darien Jones.

 

"Hey Rob, how you doing?" Darien asked, as Alice led him and Black Gatomon into the living room. Rob knew something was up; by the way Alice was acting.

 

"I'm doing just fine, why are you here and not in Japan and what does it have to do with my daughter?" Rob asked sternly and Alice shifted nervously, as the trio sat on the other couch.

 

"Well dad, I have something to tell you." Alice said, as she absently played with a piece of her hair.

 

"What do you want to tell me?" Rob asked and Alice remained silent, until Darien took her hand and gave it a gently squeeze.

 

"You can do this." Darien told her and Alice smiled, both Rob and Black Gatomon saw this and both glared.

 

"I'm pregnant, I'm going to be a mother and my child is going to be hybrid." Alice told her father, who just stared and blinked.

 

"Huh?" Rob asked.

 

"I said I'm going to the mother of a hybrid." Alice repeated and Rob just blinked again, Rob had heard the words `pregnant' and `hybrid'. Then he looked at Darien, who was holding his daughter's hand and also had black cat ears and a black tail; and Rob's mind put two and two together. With a speed and strength Rob didn't know or care at the time, leapt off the couch, grabbed Darien by throat with both hands, and lifted him in the air.

 

"YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" Rob roared, as he began to strangle and shake the life out of Darien. Alice screamed and tried to pull Rob off with no success; Black Gatomon tried too, but some strange reason, couldn't break Rob's grip. "YOU LITTLE BASTARD, YOU SCREWED MY DAUGHTER AND GOT HER PREGANAT! I'LL KILL YOU!" Rob roared, as he applied more pressure to his grip. Darien struggled in Rob's grasp, as he tried desperately to get air.

 

`Maybe this wasn't such a good idea." Darien thought to himself, as Alice and Black Gatomon tried to pull Rob off him. Nothing was working and Darien's vision began to blur; he had to do something. So Darien kneed Rob hard in the stomach. Rob let go of Darien, as he clutched his stomach in pain and Darien dropped to the ground, coughing and gasping for air. Alice couldn't take it anymore and ran out of the house crying. Rob tried to get up, but was still in too much pain. Black Gatomon rushed over to her partner and tried to help him.

 

"Darien, please be alright!" Black Gatomon said, as she tried to look at his injured neck. Darien's face was red from lack of air and his breathing came out in shallow gasps. `Why couldn't I help Darien, I couldn't even move Robs foot?" Black Gatomon said, as she looked between her partner and Rob. Black Gatomon glared at the middle-aged man and started for him, when Darien's tail wrapped around her own and began to pull her back.

 

"Don't hurt him, please give me some water." Darien all but whispered and Black Gatomon reluctantly replied. As she went to go get water, Darien and Rob stared at each other. Rob had skull and cross bones in his eyes and Darien just rolled his eyes at him. Darien gratefully drank the water and pulled out a card and his digivice and slashed the card across the reader. Black Gatomon felt a surge of power, as reached over and touched Darien's throat.

 

"MEGA HEAL!" Black Gatomon said, as her paw glowed white and Darien's throat began to heal. When it did, Darien stood up and popped his neck. Then he looked down at Black Gatomon.

 

"Black Gatomon, I want you to go find Alice after you heal Rob here; I kind of hit him pretty hard." Darien said sheepishly and Black Gatomon looked at him like he was crazy.

 

"I'm not healing this jerk after he tried to kill my tamer!" Black Gatomon said, as she pointed to Rob. Darien sighed as he pulled out a blue card.

 

"I'll be fine, please come and bring her back here before something bad happens." Darien told his partner.

 

"But…" Black Gatomon started to say, but Darien cut her off.

 

"No buts, I'll explain everything to Rob, now heal him and go find Alice." Darien said, as he slashed the blue card through the card reader. "DIGIMODIFY, MATRIX DIGIVOLUTION ACTIVATE!" Black Gatomon grinned, as she felt a surge of power.

"Black Gatomon, MATRIX DIGIVOLVE TO…"

 

A large egg of light incased Black Gatomon and she began to change as her fur tore off into a grid pattern, as she began to grow taller and her feline appearance took on that of a woman. Skin and clothing appeared over the grid pattern and Rob watched in awe, as the egg tighten around her new body, and she burst forth as the fallen angel digimon, "LADY DEVIMON!" Lady Devimon smiled; glad to be back in her human form. She walked over to Rob and placed her elongated hand on his stomach.

 

"MEGA HEAL." Lady Devimon said, and Rob's stomach felt completely healed. Lady Devimon helped Rob up and gave him one of her dangerous smiles, "If I come back here and Darien is hurt again, Alice won't have to worry about her father yelling at her, because she will be an orphan." With that said Lady Devimon walked to the closest shadow in the room and disappeared, leaving Rob and Darien alone in the living room.

 

Darien sat back down on the couch and Rob did the same, but he still had the "I don't trust you" look in his eyes, but Lady Devimon's words stopped him from doing anything. Rob thought for a minute and sighed, Darien politely waited for Rob to speak.

 

"You didn't have sex with my daughter, did you?" Rob asked, and Darien shook his head no.

 

"No I didn't. Hell, I still a virgin myself." Darien answered truthfully. Rob still looked lost.

 

"But Alice did have sex with a Digimon and her child is going to be a hybrid, right?" Rob asked and Darien nodded again. Rob buried his face in his hands. "What the hell was going through her mind when she did this, does she even know how her life is going to change?" Rob asked himself more than Darien, but Darien felt like butting in.

 

"Alice did everything of her own free will and knew what was going to happen." Darien told Rob, who's head shot up and glared accusingly at Darien.

 

"How do you know so damn much if you didn't have sex with her?" Rob asked angrily and Darien just smirked, making Rob even madder.

 

"Because Alice told me that she was pregnant; she told me everything." Said Darien, as the information sank in and then he continued. "The reason we're here right now, is because Alice wanted someone to be with her when she told you."

 

"Why?" Rob asked.

 

"Because Alice wanted to avoid this right here, she wanted so bad to tell you, but didn't know how to go about it." Darien told him.

 

"Oh." Rob replied quietly, Darien needed to get everything out of the water.

 

"I want to ask you a question?" Darien asked Rob, who nodded his head. "Do you hate your daughter or think any less of her, because she is about to become a mother to the child of a Digimon?" Darien asked Rob, who stood and looked at Darien.

 

"NO! I love my daughter with all my heart and would do anything for her! When she said that she was going to be the mother of a hybrid, I got mad because I thought you were the father." Rob explained, but Darien already knew that. "I thought you used my daughter and I'm sorry for trying to kill you, but I really wish she had waited to have sex, but I'm not about to abandon her. I really love my daughter." Rob told Darien, who was now smiling.

 

"Then I think you need tell her that." Darien said, pointing behind them and Rob looked to see Lady Devimon and Alice standing behind him. Lady Devimon was smiling and Alice looked like she was about to cry again; as Darien and Rob talked, Lady Devimon had teleported her and Alice behind Rob and eavesdropped on the conversation. Alice ran from behind the couch and hugged her father, who did the same. Lady Devimon walked back over to Darien and watched the scene unfold.

 

"I'm sorry I tried to hurt you friend Alice, I wasn't thinking." Rob told his crying daughter, who looked up at him with tear stained eyes.

 

"No it's my fault; if I'd told you sooner this would not have happened." Alice told him.

 

"It's all in the past now Alice, what's important is that you're safe." Rob said, in soothing tones as he continued to hug her. Then he sighed, as he held her at arms length and looked her in the eyes. "Alice, I want to know everything, please start from the beginning?" Rob asked his daughter and after they all sat back down, Alice explained everything, while Darien and Lady Devimon filled in their parts. When all was said and done, Rob looked a little better.

"Alice, I want you to know that I still love you, but I wish you had told me sooner and I wish you had waited until you were older before you made this decision, but I understand why you did." Rob told her.

 

"You mean… you're not angry with me?" Alice asked uncertainly and Rob shook his head.

 

"Not anymore, now that I've had time to sort everything out I'm just a little upset, but it will pass. Now go get ready, we need to get to Japan and have a little talk with Shibumi." Rob told his daughter. Alice smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek, before she ran upstairs. Rob sighed and looked over at Darien and Lady Devimon.

 

"I was really looking forward to seeing her grow up, find a nice boyfriend, get into a good college, get married, and then have kids. I'm not ready to be a grandfather, just yet." Rob told them truthfully.

 

"But…" Lady Devimon trailed off and Rob smiled a little.

 

"But I don't have much of a choice now, do I?" Rob asked sadly.

 

"Rob, love isn't logical, it just is and it takes many forms; Alice's love just happened to be a Digimon." Darien offered and Rob nodded. Lady Devimon appraised her partner.

 

"You sounded like a bit of a romantic there for a minute Darien." Lady Devimon told him, and he blushed. Rob saw this and said nothing.

 

"Things are going to change drastically though, its going to be hard on her and the child." Said Rob and Darien smiled.

 

"True, but Alice is a strong girl and she has an even stronger dad, so I know you guys are going to be all right! Besides, Alice can still get into college; she'll just have to work harder." Darien told him.

 

"Don't forget that you have plenty of people who are more than willing to help you out, me and Darien included." Lady Devimon said to Rob and Darien nodded in agreement.

 

"You mean you would help me out, even though I just tried to kill your Tamer?" Rob asked incredulously and Lady Devimon waved off his question.

 

"Of course, it was just a little misunderstanding and I value the friendships that I have, sorry about threatening you though." Lady Devimon said sheepishly and Rob laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head.

 

"My entire fault, I deserved it." Rob stood up and offered his hand to Lady Devimon. "Friends," Rob asked and Lady Devimon stood up and offered her hand.

 

"Yes, friends," Lady Devimon said with a smile, as she took Rob's and shook it. Darien smiled now that that was out of the way, now they just had to get to Japan and the village.

 

"I'm ready!" Alice shouted from her room and Darien stood up.

 

"Well, I guess we all need to get going, I'll contact Shibumi and let him know we're on our way. Darien said, as Lady Devimon and Rob followed him up the stairs to Alice's room. Once there, Darien sent an e-mail to Shibumi that told him they we're on there way. Darien turned to everyone and smiled, as he pulled up a gate.

"Everyone ready?" Darien asked, as he held his digivice to the computer screen. Rob looked nervous.

 

"Are you sure it's safe?" Rob asked uncertainly and Alice slipped an arm around his and giggled.

 

"Of course it is, don't be scared; I'm here with you." Alice told him and Rob calmed down some.

 

"Let's go Darien." Said Lady Devimon and Darien nodded his head.

 

"DIGIPORT OPEN!" Darien shouted and the computer screen flashed brightly, as they were transported to the Hypos building in Japan.

 

`I can't believe how much has changed in over a year.' Yamaki thought to himself, as he strolled down the halls of the Hypnos building. "I can't believe how much I've changed, I feel like some great weight has been lifted off my shoulders, like I can finally breathe again.' Yamaki stop in front of his office and opened the door. When he stepped in, Yamaki noticed that his swivel chair was turned around facing the window; Yamaki never turned it around. `Some things never change.' Yamaki repeated to himself, as he walked around his desk and over to the chair.

 

Indeed things had changed, now Hypnos had terminal computers instead of the dome one and the body suits were done away with; now employees could wear casual clothing if they preferred. The biggest change was the complete removal of all equipment related to the destruction of Digimon, the Juggernaut Program and everything else was gone as well. Hypnos was now helping Digimon instead of trying to destroy them. Yes that was the biggest change of all, but many employees of Hypnos would agree that best change of all was their boss Yamaki. Unlike everyone else, Yamaki still dressed in business attire, that was just the way he was; he still wore the dark sunglasses and his overall personality had changed for the better. Some say it was because he finally saw that Digimon were more than just `data'. Others would say it was the childern and how they fought to preserve life that changed Yamaki, but the real reason was very simple. Yamaki turned the chair around and smiled at the woman sitting with her legs crossed and hands behind her head in the chair.

 

Yamaki was in love.

 

"Hello Lanamon, how are you this fine morning?" Yamaki asked, as he smiled at the green skinned, bikini-clad girl with a seashell-themed head covering and matching gauntlets. Lanamon smiled and stretched before she answered in her Kansai accent.

 

"Ah'm doing just fine sugah, but Ah got bored waitin for Darien and the others to show up; so Ah decided to wait here." Lanamon said innocently, but she had that look in her eyes. Yamaki sighed and shook his head.

 

"Well Shibumi did say that he was going to be running a bit late, but he should be here anytime now." Yamaki said trying to discourage her and it looked like it worked, because Lanamon sighed. Yamaki did too, but then Lanamon jumped out of the chair and onto his chest, knocking him back on the table. Despite the fact that Lanamon was short, she was still stronger than a human. Yamaki had to stop this before things got out of hand, but before he could do anything, Lanamon bent forward and began to kiss him. All thoughts of stopping her were going out the window. Yamaki spoke, after they stopped for air.

 

"Lanamon, we really shouldn't be doing this, this is a place of business." Yamaki panted, but he really wanted to continue. Lanamon had other ideas. She took Yamaki's sunglasses off his face, put them aside, her sea green eyes started into his pale blue eyes.

 

"Ah really don't like it when you hide your eyes behind those glasses sugha and besides, a change of pace is good every now and then." Lanamon said and before Yamaki could protest further, Lanamon began to kiss him again.

 

`Change is good." Yamaki thought, as he wrapped his arms around Lanamon and began to return her kiss with equal passion. `Change is very good.' As Lanamon and Yamaki began to take things further, the phone began to ring. Try as they might, the phone continued to ring and Lanamon growled. She reached over, pushed a button on the phone, and began to talk.

 

"The person you are trying to reach is currently busy." Lanamon said sweetly and then added with much venom, "Please call back in about four to five hours!" Then she shut off the intercom and tried to get things rolling again, but Yamaki pulled Lanamon off him, as he got off the desk and pushed the intercom button.

 

"This is Yamaki."

 

"Uhmm, is this a bad time sir?" Riley asked hesitantly and Yamaki sighed.

 

`Yes it is a very bad time!' Yamaki said in his mind, but answered out loud, "Not really, what's up Riley?" Riley seemed unsure, but answered anyway.

 

"Darien and Lady Devimon are here and they also brought Robert and Alice McCoy with them."

 

"I'll be right down." Yamaki answered, as he pushed the intercom button off. Then he fixed his tie and put his sunglasses back on. "Are you coming Lanamon?" Yamaki asked Lanamon, who had her back turned away from him and her arms crossed over her chest.

 

"Not for you." She said coldly and Yamaki face faulted.

 

"That's not what I meant and you know it!" Yamaki snapped back. "I told you that they would be here any minute, but you just had to keep going didn't you?" Yamaki asked her and Lanamon spun around angrily.

 

"It's not like you made much of an effort to get away sugah, you were practically putty in mah hands." Lanamon goaded and Yamaki turned away a bit. "But then you had to tell Riley that you weren't doin anything "important" didn't you! If you don't want to be with me then just say so, but don't…" Before Lanamon could finish, she felt Yamaik's hand on her shoulder. Lanamon shrugged it off, but Yamaki put it back on again.

 

"Lanamon, I'm sorry that it came out like that, but that is not what I meant. I said that, because I'm supposed to set an example to the other employees and I was a little embarrassed." Yamaki admitted.

 

"You mean, you're not ashamed of me?" Lanamon asked.

 

"What would ever make you think that!? I love the time that we spend together and before I met you I was just a shell of a man. I love you Lanamon." Yamaki told her honestly, and Lanamon looked at Yamaki with tears in her eyes. Lanamon hugged Yamaki, as she cried in his arms.

 

"Ah'm sorry for gettin mad at you, Ah just wanted…" Yamaki put a finger to her lips.

 

"I know and I'll tell you what, let's go out and do something together, just the two of us and have a good time." Yamaki told her, as he wiped some of the tears from her eyes and Lanamon smiled.

 

"We can do anything, go shopping and dancing and stuff like that?" Lanamon asked with bright eyes, and Yamaki cringed inwardly; shopping with Lanamon meant that she would pick out some outfits for herself and him, but she also had a habit of going for the over pricy things. It was really hard to resist her bright eyes.

 

"As long you don't go overboard with the shopping, then yes." Lanamon squealed, as she hugged him. `Well this isn't too bad.' Yamaki thought to himself and was then struck with another thought. Lanamon had been saying that he needed to loosen up some, so…

 

"Say Lanamon, you know what we were doing just a few minutes ago?" Yamaki asked and Lanamon nodded. "It really was exciting and I really did want to continue, I think… that we should try it…again…sometime." Yamki stuttered out and Lanamon smiled at him, before she gave him a peck on the lips, hopped off the desk, and headed for the door.

 

"Business before pleasure sug, business before pleasure." Lanamon said with a smirk, before disappearing out into the hallway. Yamaki could only stare in shock, before he ran to catch up with her.

 

`How the hell did she turn that back around on me?' Yamaki thought, as he just made it to the elevator.

 

When Yamaki and Lanamon made it to the control room, Darien, Lady Devimon, Rob, and Alice where all talking with Shibumi and Janyu in private, while the rest of the Monster Makers were busy making final preparations with the staff of Hypnos for the trip to the hybrid village. Yamaki and Lanamon walked to a respectable distance, before Yamaki cleared his throat and got the attention of the new arrivals.

 

"Hey Yamaki, how are you!" Darien greeted, with a wave of his hand.

 

"I'm just fine, how much longer are you going to be?" Yamaki asked.

 

"We'll be ready to go, just as soon as run some tests on Darien and Alice." Shibumi answered and Yamaki raised an eyebrow.

 

"Tests, what kind of tests?" Yamaki asked.

 

"Darien has been feeling rather weak," Shibumi said, and then he looked over to Alice and Rob. "As for Alice, that's up to her, if she wants to tell you." Shibumi informed Yamaki.

 

Yamaki didn't like Shibumi's answer, but respected it anyway. "Okay then, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to hit the hay."

 

"Don't worry about it Yamaki, once we get to the Digital World you won't feel sleepy at all." Lady Devimon said, with a dismissive wave. "I'm going to talk with Lanamon for a minute, let me know when you guys are done." Lady Devimon motioned for the water fairy to join her and Lanamon walked off with Lady Devimon.

 

"Be right back Yamaki." Lanamon told Yamaki.

 

"Well let's get this over with." Said Darien, "What do I have to do?" Shibumi motioned for Darien to follow him into another room. Rob and Alice had gone off to talk with the rest of the Monster Makers, leaving Janyu and Yamaki to themselves.

 

"Well, are you going to tell me what's going on with Alice?" Yamaki asked Janyu, and Janyu shook his head no.

 

"Sorry Yamaki, but I promised Dolphin that I wouldn't say anything; if Alice feels like telling everyone else, well then it's her call." Yamaki looked frustrated, he hated being in the dark about anything. Janyu sensed his frustration and put a hand on the other man's shoulder. "Don't worry about, despite the secrecy its very good news." Janyu said with a smile.

 

Yamaki looked over at the blue haired girl. "Why all the mystery, if it's good news?" Yamaki asked out loud.

 

In another room, away from everyone else, Darien looked at the black body suit that Shibumi had handed him. Darien stood behind the blue curtain and changed into the outfit. When he was finished, Darien came from around the curtain and stared at the contraption that resembled a phone booth. Shibumi and Riley were busy typing things on computers, and Darien looked down at himself.

 

"Is this thing really necessary, the suit I mean?" Darien asked and stretched the thin material, before he let go and it made a snapping sound against his skin. Shibumi just chuckled.

 

"The suit you're wearing is a state of the art piece of equipment. It gives out all kinds of accurate readings about your body; temperatures, heart rate, etch." Shibumi motioned for Darien to enter the weird phone booth, as he and Riley began to type again. "Once I turn this on, you my feel a little funny, but don't worry about; it's just the suit giving readings to the machine." Shibumi informed Darien, as he walked over to the machine, opened the door, and stepped in. The door closed and the machine began to glow with a soft light.

 

"How long have you been having these moments of weakness Darien?" Shibumi asked, as he monitored Darien's readings.

 

"Just twice this week last night," Said Darien, "Why?"

 

"Oh, I was just wondering if it had anything to do with your dream about Alice being pregnant, maybe it's a new power you're developing." Shibumi supplied and Darien sighed.

 

"Well I hope you're wrong, I haven't had a good nights sleep in over a week." Said Darien, Riley stopped typing and looked at Darien with concern.

 

"Why is that Darien?" Asked Riley and Darien gave her a dark look.

 

"Do you really want to know?" Darien asked and Riley nodded her head, Shibumi looked concerned as well. "I've been having dreams about people I know and people I don't know being tortured by a mad scientist and he cuts open Alice's stomach, pulls out her baby, and throws it to the D-Reaper." Darien said coldly and then regretted how he had said it. Riley covered her mouth with her hands and Shibumi's eyes looked very pained; Shibumi had a hand in creating the D-Reaper and the last thing he needed was to be reminded of the death and destruction that had followed its creation.

 

While Darien didn't want to admit it, he blamed the Monster Makers for the D-Reaper, although he knew the he really shouldn't because they had no clue it would do that, part of him blamed them as much as himself for the deaths of his mother, sister, and girlfriend. But without the Monster Makers, Darien would have never met Lady Devimon or the other Digimon and Hybrids.

 

"I didn't mean to upset you Shibumi, I have been having these dreams during the same week that I was going to visit my families' graves, and it was probably just pent up stress, I'm sorry." Darien offered and Shibumi looked a little better, but still looked down; Darien had to make up for it and knew just how.

 

"So when are you guys getting married?" Darien asked Shibumi and Riley, who both began to smile, `Good.' Darien thought to himself.

 

"We're going to get married by the end of this year." Riley answered with a smile, as she monitored and typed.

 

"Who did things go with Dolphin?" Shibumi asked Darien. Darien laughed and scratched the back of his head.

 

"Rob tried to kill me after Alice told him she was pregnant." Darien said, laughing at the shocked expressions on Shibumi and Riley's faces. "You'd be surprised at how strong he is, he lifted me up in the air and began to strangle the hell out of me." Shibumi sighed and shook his head.

 

"I was afraid this would happen, I should have told him myself." Shibumi said.

 

"Alice asked me for help, not you. But thank you for respecting her wishes." Darien said honestly, Riley looked at Darien as if he'd gone mad.

 

"How can you laugh Darien, this is serious! Alice is going to become a mother and her father just tried to kill you, what's so funny?" Riley asked seriously.

 

"Simple, Alice told Rob that she was going to be the mother of a hybrid and I was in hybrid form at the time. Rob thought I was the father and tried to kill me, he almost got me too, if I hadn't kneed him in the gut; Black Gatomon couldn't even get him off me. I find it funny, because I almost died, if that makes any sense." Darien explained with a shrug. Darien was about to ask Shibumi something, when the phone booth made a beeping noise and the lights dimmed. The door opened and Darien stepped out and walked over to where Shibumi and Riley were sitting.

 

"Well doc, what the prognosis?" Darien asked Shbumi, as he stared at an outline of his body on the screen. The outline had all kinds of data about him.

 

"The tests say that you are perfectly fine." Shibumi answered.

 

"WHAT!" Shouted Darien, and then he thought about what he was going to do. "Then why do I feel so weak?" He asked more calmly.

 

"Probably because you've been under a great deal of stress and haven't been getting enough sleep." Commented Shibumi, "So here's what I want you to do, try to relax for a few weeks and if the weakness persists or if you start having more nightmares, come back and I'll run some more tests." Darien looked skeptical, but said nothing.

 

"Okay then, can I get out of this suit now?" Darien asked and Shibumi nodded. "So what do we do now?" Darien asked, as he changed back into his cloths.

 

"Now we get Alice and I'll explain my theory about Digimon and humans being able to have children." Shibumi said, as Darien stepped back from around the curtain, now fully dressed. "We'll meet you outside after we shut everything down. If you would be so kind as to get Alice we can get started." Shibumi said and Darien nodded, before walking out the door.

 

When Darien left, Riley glared at Shibumi. "Why did you lie to Darien like that?" Riley hissed, before typing a few keys on her computer and bringing up another outline of Darien's body on the screen. The whole outline was an angry red. "Look at these power spikes, it's like his whole body is about to explode!" Shibumi waved off her comments.

 

"I didn't say anything, because I don't want to worry him yet, the last thing he needs is to be under more stress." Shibumi explained, "What you are looking at is a power spike, Darien's body is going through a kind of "Digital Puberty" if you will. Since Darien can't digivolve like other hybrids or Digimon, his body is doing the next best thing; I hope." Muttered Shibumi, Riley raised an eyebrow.

 

"You hope, what is the worst that could happen to him?" Riley asked fearing the answer. Shibumi sighed and typed something on the computer and the outline of Darien's body exploded. Riley gasped and looked at her fiancé.

 

"I never said it would happen, but if his body can't handle the changes it might happen, that's why I don't want you to say anything until after I'm sure, the last thing he needs is more stress." Shibumi said, trying to calm Riley down. Shibumi reached over and gave Riley's hand a gentle squeeze. "I won't let another person die because I decided to play god, I won't let anything happen to him Riley and I promise it!"

 

Riley smiled and rose from her chair and Shibumi did the same, Riley pulled her fiancé into an embraced, before giving him a kiss. "No matter what happens, I won't abandon you Shibumi, no matter what happens I'll take up your burden." Riley gave him another kiss, "I love you Shibumi." Shibumi nodded and kissed her in return.

 

"I love you too Riley, I don't deserve someone as good you." Shibumi sighed, "That's one down and two to go, let's get ready Riley." Shibuimi said and hand in hand, the couple left the room.

 

As Shibumi and Riley entered the control room, Darien was busy talking with Lady Devimon and Lanamon, when he spotted Shibumi and Riley. Darien signaled for Alice to come to him and when. Excusing himself from Lady Devimon and Lanamon, Darien and Alice walked over to Shibumi and Riley.

 

"Well Alice, Shibumi is going to run some tests on you and maybe the results can tell you what your child will be like." Darien explained, "Just follow him and Riley and everything will be all right." Alice looked skeptical.

 

"I thought only Shibumi knew?" Alice questioned.

 

"Well he did, but Riley just happened to overhear our conversation on the phone, but she hasn't said anything to anyone." Said Darien and Riley nodded in agreement. Alice still looked skeptical, but nodded her head.

 

"Okay, I'll go with them; by the way Darien, what did your tests show?" Alice asked and Darien smiled.

 

"I'm perfectly fine, just a little stressed out, but with a little rest I'll be fine." Darien told Alice, but was too busy to notice Riley and Shibumi's faces darken for a bit.

 

"That's good to hear; well I'll be off then." Alice said, as she began to walk towards the door that Shibumi and Riley came out of and was soon followed by Shibumi and Riley. Alice walked in the room and sat down in a chair. "So what do you want me to do?" Alice asked Shibumi.

 

Shibumi and Riley pulled up some seats and sat in front of Alice. "I won't be running any tests on you Alice, just asking you some simple questions." Shibumi told the young girl, who looked puzzled.

 

"Why aren't you going to be running tests on me?" Alice inquired.

 

"Because you're pregnant," Shibumi answered and then sighed when he saw the puzzled look on Alice's face. "What I mean is, because you are pregnant with a hybrid child. My scans or an ultra sound, while they won't harm the child, may change the child's gender or type. Don't worry about anything, just answer my questions and I'll be able to see if it fits in with my theory." Shibumi told the young girl. "Ready?" He asked and Alice sighed before answering.

 

"Ready as I'll ever be." Said Alice and Shibumi smiled.

 

"Good, now let's begin. When were you impregnated?" Shibumi asked.

 

"Over a year ago," Said Alice and Riley's mouth dropped open.

 

"What do you mean over a year ago!? You should have had your child by now or at least be the size of a house!" Exclaimed Riley and Shibumi put a hand on Riley's shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

 

"Clam down Riley, next question. Have you had any cravings for any exotic foods or mood swings?" Alice shook her head no. "Interesting, very interesting." Shibumi commented.

 

"But I have been having morning sickness though, but nothing else beyond that."

 

"Well one more question, do you want to let everyone know that you're pregnant, or do you wish to keep it a private matter?" Alice thought of a minute and then answered."

 

"Yes I do, it won't matter in few months, because I'll be big as a house." Alice said smiling at Riley; the older woman returned the smile.

 

"Good, we'll take this outside and I'll explain my theory to everyone." Shibumi said, as he, Riley, and Alice stood up. Shibumi placed a hand the young girl's shoulder. "Everything is going to be fine Alice, just you wait and see. Now let's get moving."

 

Back in the control room, everyone was mulling around, when the trio came in. Darien, Lady Devimon, and Rob all came over to see Alice.

 

"Well Shibumi, how did it go?" Rob asked his friend. Shibumi gave Rob a smile and a thumb up.

 

"Alice is going to be perfectly fine; you have nothing to worry about." Rob breathed a sigh of relief.

 

"Thank god, so am I going to have a grandson or granddaughter?" Rob asked, but Shibumi shook a finger.

 

"I'm not saying anything, until everyone is gathered, Alice has decided to tell everyone the great news; Lady Devimon, could you please get the other Tamers? They're in the lounge." Shibumi asked Lady Devimon; Lady Devimon nodded and teleported away. Darien put a hand on Alice's shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.

 

"See, I told you everything would be alright." Alice smiled.

 

"I don't know what I would have done without you and Lady Devimon; I don't know what to say." Said Alice and Darien smiled.

 

"You don't have to say anything; just seeing that smile on your face is thanks enough." Darien told the blonde haired girl. Alice then did something Darien and those watching them didn't expect. Alice gave Darien a hug and kiss on the cheek. That night, Darien turned ten shaes red.

 

"Thank you Darien." Alice whispered into his ear. Darien just stood there and gaped.

 

`What is going on?' Yamaki thought, as he strode forward. "No more games, would someone please tell me what the hold up is!?" Yamaki demanded and then yelped. Yamaki angrily spun around rubbing his backside. Lanamon looked at Yamaki and smirked.

 

"Now you just hush up sug, Lady Devimon is going to get the others now, so just be patient, okay?" Lanamon said more than asked. Yamaki mumbled something under his breath and Lanamon glared. "You say something sug?" Lanamon asked. Yamaki shook his head and Lanamon smiled.

 

From the shadows, Lady Devimon watched the young Tamers and their Digimon slumber in chairs in the lobby; in Kazu's case, make sounds like a band saw. It was hard to believe that these children helped defeat the D-Reaper. Despite the fact that most of them hadn't been through any of the experiences that Lady Devimon and Darien had, they still proved to be just as strong and even if Lady Devimon didn't want to admit it, stronger than Lady Devimon and Darien in certain cases.

 

Lady Devimon looked at Kazu, Kenta, and Jeri. Kazu was still snoring up a storm and Guardomon must have shut off his hearing sensors, because he was sleeping peacefully on the floor next to Kazu. Come to think of it, how did all the Tamers and their Digimon get to sleep with all the noise? Oh well, Kenta was asleep in a chair across from Kazu and his partner, Marine Angemon was asleep on his head.

 

Lady Devimon looked sadly over at Jeri, who slept with Calamon in her arms. From what Lady Devimon had gathered, Jeri used to go out with Takato, but she never really loved him. Instead, she had fallen for her Digimon, Leomon and had been secretly seeing him. Takato and the other Tamers knew it, but not Jeri's parents. Lady Devimon also found out that Jeri was the one responsible for the D-Reaper finally appearing again after so long. When Impmon in his Mega form of Beealzemon killed Leomon, his death caused her go into depression, making her a perfect pawn for the D-Reaper to take over.

 

It took every ounce of Lady Devimon's will not to kill Jeri while she was trapped in the Crenel Sphere of the D-Reaper. After three years of searching to finally find the one responsible for the deaths of her family and not being able to kill it, because a little girl was trapped inside of it nearly drove Lady Devimon insane. Lady Devimon had changed, despite the fact that she swore to kill it the first chance she saw it; she could not go through with it. Besides, Darien pointed out that Jeri had a family and what if it was him in there instead of Jeri? Lady Devimon really liked Jeri though, she was very brave and Lady Devimon prayed that Jeri got on with her life. Lady Devimon focused on the new Tamers of their little group.

 

First, there was Takio Kisaragi and her partner V-mon. Takio is a

14 year old girl from America; she has black/brown hair, hazel eyes, weighs 120lbs, and stands at a height of 5'3. Takio was wearing a brown hooded sweatshirt, dark blue jeans, and perfectly white sneakers. Lady Devimon looked at Takio, she was holding V-mon in her arms and was leaning on Henry's shoulder as she slept.

 

Henry was being smashed between his sister on one side and Takio on the other. Both of the Wong siblings held their partners in their arms as they slumbered. Looking at the scene made Lady Devimon smile, Takio was a bit of a loner and could be a bit cold at times, but Lady Devimon had seen how much Henry's positive attitude had changed Takio. Even though Takio would not admit it, Lady Devimon saw that Henry was more than just a friend in Takio's eyes; Lady Devimon would have to do something about that.

 

Second were Suki Watanabe and her partner Yakuzamon, a native of Japan and the girlfriend of the Legendary Tamer, Ryo Akiyama; whom she was cuddled next to. Suki is 15 years old, stands at 5'5, weighs 110lbs, has silver eyes, and waist length straight black hair with silver highlights. Suki was still wearing her sailor suit from school. Yakuzamon was hugging her mate, Impmon in her sleep. Although in reality, Yakuzamon had the poor guy in a headlock more than a hug. With the exception of her white gloves Yakuzamon wears a fedora, trench coat, and boots. But her outfit is black on the right side and white on the left, Yakuzamon looks like a little human girl, but has pink skin, her eyes are green, and she has blonde hair done up in pigtails which drag the ground. Lady Devimon really liked Suki and Yakuzamon, because they weren't afraid to use force if push came to shove. Suki is kind of like Yakuzamon's black and white outfit. One minute Suki is sweet and nice, until someone hurts her friends and then she becomes a person's worst nightmare.

 

Third were Justin Grieger and his partner Black Agumon, born in America and now going out with Rika Nonaka, whose Digimon was sleeping in a kneeling position. Justin is 13 years old, 5'6, and weighs 120 lbs. Justin has brown hair and eyes, wears glasses, a blood red muscle shirt, black pants and black and red tennis shoes. When Lady Devimon first met him, Justin was very secluded and didn't make friends easily. That is, until he met Rika and then he began to open up. Ironic that the former Ice Queen of the Tamers was the very person to melt Justin's heart. `Taiko could take a que from Justin.' Lady Devimon thought to herself, as her eyes settled on Black Agumon, who was sleeping on a chair. Black Agumon was just like Justin in the way the he was quiet, but Lady Devimon knew from experience that Black Agumon's Mega form was a force to be reckoned with.

 

Fourth were Danielle Owens and her partner, Coyotemon. Also from America, Danielle was born in Alabama; she is 12 years old, stands at 5'1, and weighs 165lbs. She has hazel eyes, brown hair with red high-lights, and was wearing blue jeans and a forest green t-shirt. Coyotemon was curled up at Danielle's feet, but his ears were alert for danger. The brown furred coyote had scar running across his face and yellow eyes. This was one partnership that perplexed Lady Devimon. Unlike Danielle, who was depressing, cold, and had the sense of humor of corpse; the serious Coyotemon was at least sociable and talked to people. `Why is it that Danielle is even here? Whenever she does come here, she always gets into fights with Kazu, even if she does usually win.' Lady Devimon thought to herself with a chuckle.

 

Fifth was Toriyama Matsuki and his Coyotemon, Toriyama is a cousin of Takato's and lives with him. Toriyama is 12 years old, stands at a height of 5'9, and weighs 99lbs. His eyes are deep green, his shoulder length hair is reddish, blackish brown, and both spiky and very messy. Lady Devimon couldn't get a good look at Toriyama's face, because his bangs were in the way. Toriyama was dressed in a long sleeved red shirt clear green vest with sleeves cut off at the forearms, and slightly baggy combat trousers. If anyone had a right to be depressed, it was Toriyama. He lost his parents during the D-Reaper attacks on Japan, but despite all the tragedy, he refused to give up. Toriyama's Coyotemon was just like his partner and was just as alert as Danielle's Coyotemon.

 

Sixth were Ikuno Hiyama and his partners, Hikarimon and Yamiyomon. Ikuno is 13 years old, weighs 90 lbs, and is 5'3. Ikuno has hazel eyes and black hair in a pony tail down to the small of his back. Ikuno was wearing blue jeans, a baggy navy blue t-shirt, a pull-over grey sweat shirt with a hood and kangaroo pockets tied around his waist. On his arms white wrist bands and he was wearing black sneakers with navy streaks. Hikarimon was sleeping on top of Ikuno's head, while Yamiyomon slept in Ikuno's lap. Hikarimon is about the same size of Terriermon and his body is all white. Except for the black stripe running down to the small of his back, black paws, and long white tail that splits into three tips with black on the end of each tip. Hikarimon also has a pair of black angel wings and his ears, which are almost as long as his body, are floppy and look just like a Gatomon's would, but have black tips instead of blue. Hikarimon also has a pair of small fangs instead of canines and deep sapphire blue eyes. Yamiyomon looks just like Hikarimon, but his colors are reversed and his eyes are crimson. The two Digimon were a perfect match for the shy and reserved young boy; Hikari doesn't talk because he is a little shy, but often does to encourage his Tamer. Yamiyomon is much less merciful, which Lady Devimon liked, but still listens to Ikuno; despite the fact that he can be mischievous and cynical at times, not to mention ridiculously over protective. `Yin and Yang,' Lady Devimon thought.

 

Seventh were Sayako Araki and her partner Tsuzemon, Sayako 12 years old, weighs around 80 to 85 lbs and stands at a height of 4'9. She has waist length black hair, streaked with silver, worn in a pony tail, and deep blue eyes. Sayako puzzled Lady Devimon; despite her age, Sayako was conundrum of emotions, a shifting cloud if you will. Sayako never got along with Lady Devimon or any other female for that matter, but was good at working with them, but she trusted boys around her age and was much more trusting of adult males. She was competitive and loved to beat boys at their own games and could be much more astute than her playmates, even though she would act it; Sayako was defiantly not oblivious or immature as adults would take her to be.

 

Topics like death and love were nothing new to her, Lady Devimon had seen Sayako's other side come out at night and would watch the young girl, as she would wander off and stare at the night sky. Currently, Sayako was cuddled up quite close to her unofficial boyfriend, Takato and had his goggles on her head. Lady Devimon wondered why Sayako won't admit her feelings to him, even though it was obvious to everyone, including Takato. `Just like a cloud.' Lady Devimon thought, with a shake of her head.

 

Tsuzemon is a baby gryphon Digimon about the size of Calumon, with the body of a cat and fox. His paws have retractable claws; his tail is as long as his body, and tassels at the end. Tsuzemon also has three foot long hawk wings, his ears are tufted like an owl, he has a sharp little beak, his fur coloring is beige, and he has bright sky blue eyes. Tsuzemon is like a toddler with a bazooka, he is overly eager to fight, play, or anything. On the very rare occasions that Sayako tries to calm him down, Tsuzemon will listen; surprisingly though, Guilmon and Terriermon are the ones who try to keep him in line. Lady Devimon frowned; there was something wrong about Tsuzemon. He seemed to have an untapped potential of some kind, but as long as Sayako and the others kept him in line Lady Devimon wouldn't have to take matters into her own hands. As far as she was concerned, these were all her special friends.

 

"My friends," Lady Devimon said quietly, as she stepped out of the shadows and turned on the lights. "Everyone wake up!" Lady Devimon said very loud and everyone, save Suzie woke up.

 

"Are we there yet?" Sayako asked, as she untangled herself from Takato and stretched. Tsuzemon surprisingly remained asleep. Takato reached over and pulled his goggles off Sayako's head and put them back on.

 

"I really wish you would stop doing that," Takato said with a yawn.

 

"Bread," Was all Guilmon said, as he tried to wake up.

 

"About time you got here, where you been?" Rika asked, as she tried to stifle a yawn. Renamon did the same.

 

"Hello Lady Devimon." Renamon said quietly, Lady Devimon nodded in return.

 

"Uggghhhh" Justin said like a zombie, as he tried to wake up. Black Agumon yawned, showing all of his sharp little teeth.

 

"I don't usually do this, but I really want to see this hybrid village." Takio said, as she woke up her V-mon.

 

"Let's get going guys." Toriyama said, as he stretched.

 

"Man, why did you have to wake me out a good dream?" Kazu said with a yawn, as he stretched and stood up. Danielle looked at Kazu coldly, as she wiped some sleep from her eyes.

 

"Who could sleep with all the drag racing going on in here?" Danielle asked, referring to Kazu's snoring. All present murmured in agreement.

 

"My snoring is not that bad, is it Guardomon?" Kazu asked his partner, Guardomon scratched the back of his head.

 

"Well…" Guardomon trailed off.

 

Before the argument could go further though, Lady Devimon stepped in. "Listen, you're all wanted in the control room and keep your voices down and let Suzie sleep, or else." Lady Devimon said calmly, all the Tamers and Digimon exited the room quietly; being the youngest; Suzie needed more sleep than the others.

 

"Man, what is so important that we have to wait around here, I'm tired." Kenta complained, as he stood around with the others groggily, Marine Angemon was dozing on his head.

 

"Don't worry Kenta, I think you'll all be awake after you hear this." Lady Devimon said with a smile, as she walked over to where Darien, Dolphin, Alice, and Shibumi were.

 

`Now we'll finally get to hear what this big announcement is.' Yamaki said to himself.

 

Shibumi cleared his throat before speaking, "I'd like to thank you all for being so patient, before we go off to the Hybrid village Alice has something she would like to share with you all." Shibumi waited for the murmurs to die down before he motioned for Alice to come forward. Alice looked hesitant at first, but turned and looked at Darien and Lady Devimon, and then her father. Alice steeled herself.

 

"I want everyone to know that I'm pregnant." Alice said calmly.

 

"WHAT!" Was the collective response around the control room. Lady Devimon smiled, seeing as how the Tamers and Digimon were now awake.

 

"I said that I'm pregnant, I'm going to be a mother." Alice said again. "My child is going to be a hybrid." All eyes narrowed on Darien.

 

"I'm not the daddy, so stop looking at me like that!" Darien exclaimed.

 

"Everyone stop it!" Alice said. "Darien is not the father of my child; the child's father was Dobermon." When Alice said that, the whole room got quiet; everyone knew that Dobermon was Alice's Digimon and the one responsible for the Takato, Henry, Rika, and Ryo being able to Bio Merge outside of the Digital World.

 

"Ummm, I guess congratulations are in order, so congratulations." Suki said.

 

"I can't wait to see the kid!" Yakuzamon said enthusiastically and then looked over at Impmon, Impmon saw the look and furiously shook his head.

 

"Not gonna happen baby cakes!" He said and Yakuzamon huffed.

 

"Well anyway, congratulations Alice," Toriyama said and everyone in the room did the same.

 

"But he died over a year ago, how can you just now be pregnant?" Danielle asked.

 

"And how is it that a Digimon can have a child with a human?" Asked Justin, when Shibumi stepped in and took the floor.

 

"That's something I'm still trying figure out, but I think I can answer your second question." Shibumi walked over to the one of the monitors and began to type something. "I've often wondered what would happen if a human and a Digimon could have a child, that's one of the reason's we're going on this little trip to begin with. Back when we first started creating Digimon all those years ago, I used to think that all Digimon were asexual." Everyone in the room turned and stared at Lady Devimon, Renamon, and Yakuzamon; Lady Devimon extended her claws, Renamon glared, and Yakuzamon's hands morphed into a pair of Tommy guns; everyone quickly turned their heads back around. Shibumi cleared his throat, "Right, well it seems that I was wrong, but before I could test my theory, we ran out of money." Shibumi said sadly and then brightened up, "Luckily I saved everything to disk and made back ups!" Shibumi pulled up a screen on his monitor with a big bold letters at the top saying "Digital Hybrid Theory."

 

"So this is how Takuya and the others came about." Darien said out loud. Shibumi looked over at Darien.

 

"Is Takuya one of the kids from the hybrid village?" Shibumi asked and Darien nodded his head.

 

"It's called Primary Village, by the way." Lady Devimon corrected.

 

"You mean like the Primary Village from the cartoon?" Sakyako asked Lady Devimon; Lady Devimon nodded. "Me and Tsuzemon have lived in the Digital World for six years and never ran into a hybrid, much less a village full of them." Ryo nodded.

 

"Same here and I thought I'd seen everything."

 

"Well they do like their privacy." Darien supplied.

 

"From what they told us, it started out as a joke, but soon stuck." Lady Devimon said to Sayako and Shibumi cleared his throat again.

 

"What the Digital Hybrid Theory tested was whether Digimon could mate with other Digimon or other species." Babel whistled.

 

"I never thought that Digimon would be able to mate."

 

"No one did, we didn't evolve in terms of levels of fighting, but just like humans did." Yakuzamon stated.

 

"That's right, look here." Shibumi said, as he clicked on a file explaining his test results one day.

 

It read: Things are working out quite well with the Digimon, but one thing puzzles me. Are these artificial intelligent beings capable of producing offspring? Do digimon reinitialize after dying or deleting. When first programmed, they would just float around and do nothing. But after adding a newly developed `gender creating' code, they started to take interest in each other, particularly to the opposite sex of their own, similar to humans. Recent tests show that a female `Koromon,' has been growing quite fond of another male digimon, a `Nabe Koromon' to be precise, that is also attracted to the opposite sex. There is however, one Digimon for which I have dubbed `X', which has not been attracted to any other digimon on the grid, but is still a gender. All the Digimon have the same code, but X has not taken a liking to any. I don't know if this new discovery is another revelation in the gender of evolution of Digimon, but I will prove my Theory, my Digital Hybrid Theory.

 

"So all our ancestors were attracted to the opposite sex, right?" Lanamon asked Shibumi, he nodded his head.

 

"Except for X," Shibumi said, as he began to type, "I believe that X was your ancestor, as well as Dobermon's and all the other Digimon with hybrid children."

 

"So does that mean that any Digimon that takes a liking to a human is more or less X's ancestor?" Lady Devimon asked Shibumi, Darien and Yamaki were wondering the same thing.

 

"I said that `I believe' that X was the ancestor of Lanamon and Dobermon, I just can't prove it."

 

"But if Digimon and humans are similar, attraction should not be a trait, right?" Janyuu asked.

 

"I thought so too, but I was wrong." Shibumi clicked on another file, "Read this."

 

It read: Today I begin my experiment, I believe that Digimon who are not attracted to other genders of Digimon, may be attracted to other species, especially since we have programmed the code for genders in the image of ourselves, man. For this experiment, I'm using Koromon and X, I then used a code similar to a strand of human DNA from myself, since both were female. The results were what I expected, Koromon examined the code and then turned it away, while X took more interest in the code and actually absorbed it, from which I can tell seems to be how they mate. This form may evolve over time, but it is hard to tell right now. I'll just have to wait and see…

 

"What happened next?" Asked Kazu and Danielle actually looked surprised.

 

"I'm surprised that you're still awake Kazu." Danielle said, before Kazu could remark, Shibumi answered his question.

 

"We ran out of funding and the project was scrapped, everything was deleted, including Koromon and X, but I did keep my records. Strangely, you digimon survived after all the digimon were destroyed, probably by floating data…"

 

"And some of that floating data had information from those ancient Digimon." Guardromon fnished.

 

"That's right." Shibumi said, as he stood up and stretched.

 

"So what will my child be like, human or Digimon?" Alice asked and Shibumi scratched the back of his head.

 

"I don't know, Darien has been pretty vague about the village and its' inhabitants. What I do know is that your child will defiantly be both, since we made the basic code of the Digimon to compatible to merge with human DNA. It was a little defect for future experiments." All the Monster Makers nodded, remembering the defect.

 

"Why didn't I think of it before?" Rob asked himself and then said to everyone. "A basic rule in Biology is the rules of Dominate and Recessive genes; you know, Punnett Squares."

 

"No." said Kazu and Danielle elbowed him in the ribs.

 

"Continue." Danielle said and Shibumi broke back in.

 

"Most Digimon genes are the dominant genes; for example, if the parent Digimon were a data, in your case a virus, then the offspring will be a data or a virus in your case. Since Alice is not a digimon, her child will have some traits of a virus digimon, but will ultimately have a body shape of a human, which dominates over the recessive gene of a dog shape. Alice's child will have some elements of the father digimon, pointy ears, a tail, and maybe fur. The dominate genes from the human will also take a role in the decision of Alice's child, since brown to blonde hair run in her family the child is most likely to have brown or blue hair. Alice, your child will likely have black fur, a tail, and fox-like ears with your blonde hair and blue eyes. One more thing, since your child will get most of its genes from the human of the parents, your child will most likely be a girl; but since the father was a male, your child will resemble more of the characteristics of the Dobermon you mated with, but everything will work out fine." Shibumi looked over at Darien. "Well, does that pretty much sum up what we can expect to see at the village?" Darien nodded his head.

 

"Yes, but I have seen some brother and sister families too; and I've noticed that human females take longer to give birth than digi-girls." Darien supplied.

 

"That's to be expected, since the human is a carrier of the baby it would take longer, but it would take a significant amount of time for a digi-girl to give birth as well. Any questions?" Lanamon raised her hand.

 

"So what my child look like, if Yamaki and Ah were to get it on?" Lanamon asked and Yamaki began to blush.

 

"Lanamon!" Yamaki shouted and everyone laughed at him.

 

"The same rules would apply, but the child would probably be a male and resmemble Yamaki more." Shibumi answered.

 

"You aren't you know…" Yamaki trailed off and Lanamon shrugged her shoulders.

 

"Ah don't know." Yamaki looked like he was ready to die, until he saw the gleam in Lanamon's eye.

 

"I'm going to get you for that." Yamaki said and everyone began to laugh again.

 

"I have a question; will the child grow thorough aging or evolution?" Curly asked and all eyes were suddenly on Darien. Darien patted Alice's shoulder and smiled at her.

 

"The child will age like a human, but have the power to digivolve and de-evolve like once he or she learns how, so your kid will have the best of both worlds." Darien told Alice reassuringly.

 

`While that may be the case in the other hybrids, you may evolve if you don't die in the process, no! I won't let you Darien, I promise!' Shibumi thought to himself, before he felt familiar arms wrap around his waist, drawing him into Riley. Shibumi looked into his fiancé's eyes and spoke to her without words, they weren't needed. `What would I do without you?' Riley smiled.

 

`I said that I would help shoulder your burden, you are not alone anymore.' Shibumi and Riley shared a quick kiss, before addressing the crowd.

 

"Well let's get started. We have two days and a lot of ground to cover, so everyone get your packs and meet over by the central computer." Shibumi said to everyone and the all the Tamers went to retrieve their bags for the two days stay. After everyone had gotten their bags and gathered in front of the computer that Shibumi was typing on, Yamaki addressed the staff of Hypnos.

 

"We will be leaving for the next two days and while I don't like it, you won't be able to monitor our status, because the people of Primary Village have masked their village from all computer and tracking, but Darien has assured me that we will be able to communicate freely with Hypnos if the need arises. I expect everyone to do their best in my absence and have put Fuma in charge of the day shift and Mia in charge of night shift; respect them as you would me." Yamaki turned to Mia, "Mia, I know you won't let me down, so do your best." Mia smiled at her boss, she really liked his new attitude.

 

"Yes sir!" Mia nodded and Yamaki nodded in return, then he turned to Darien.

 

"Would you do the honors?" Yamaki asked and Darien went over to the computer and opened a gate on the screen. Darien stepped back and looked at everyone.

 

"You guys ready or what?" Darien asked the adults more than the Tamers.

 

"Are you sure this is safe?" Yamaki asked and Lanamon patted his leg reassuringly.

 

"Don't worry sug, if ya'll scared just hold mah hand." Lanamon told him innocently and everyone began to laugh again. Yamaki said nothing and crossed his arms in a huff.

 

"Let's hit the road Darien, the sooner we get to the Digital World, the sooner we won't feel so tired." Sayako said, before yawning. Darien nodded his head and looked at Alice and Lady Devimon, before putting his Digivice to the screen and shouted.

 

"DIGIPORT OPEN!" In a flash of light, the Tamers, Monster Makers, and one government agent vanished in a flash of light.

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

 

Hyperman: A big thanks to LdOFDestruction for letting me use his Digital Hybrid Theory!

 

Phoenix_Hoshika: Oh My God! It almost looks like a real story this time!

 

Game Freak 3000: Yeah, most of the time it looks like his stories are typed by a retarded spider monkey.

 

Metal Etemon 27: That's an insult to all monkeys.

 

Hyperman: Thanks you guys, I really needed that.

 

All: ^_^ Welcome!

 

Hyperman: (Sighs)