Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiquest for Glory: So You Want to Be a Hero ❯ The conclusion ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Digiquest for Glory: So You Want to Be a Hero

Epilogue

By Time Lady

-----------------------

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon or Quest for Glory

-----------------------

About a week after Catherine was returned to her father and the brigands were all captured, the baron ordered a celebration of another kind. All of the townspeople gathered in the great throne room of the castle. The baronet stood to the right of the baron, Catherine to the left. "Approach," said Baron Stephen von Spielburg. "Approach and kneel." Fighting back nerves, the four young men approached the baron and dropped to one knee before him. "Yamato Ishida, Takeru Ishida, Daisuke Motomiya, and Ken Ichijouji, you have defeated the brigands and forced the foul sorceress Babamon Yaga from our lands. We are forever in your debt. You have truly become heroes of Spielburg."

The baron stood and gestured for Gekomon, who brought forward a red velvet box. Opening it revealed four gold medallions. Catherine stepped forward, lifted the medallions from their box, and hung each one around the necks of the heroes. If asked at that moment to describe their feelings, none of them would have been able to form a coherent word.

"Stand, Heroes of Spielburg," commanded the baron. The four stood and turned to those assembled. A rousing cheer sang out from the crowd.

Gekomon cartwheeled into the center of the room. "Thus the heroes from the east freed the man from form of beast, saved beauty from brigands band and forced the ogress from the land!" he exclaimed.

"And now, let us celebrate," proclaimed Baron von Spielburg.

With another cheer, the people all circled around Takeru, Yamato, Daisuke, and Ken offering their thanks and congratulations. Several minutes later the crowd dispersed and everyone descended on the tables laden with food. Daisuke made a beeline for the table and instantly began stuffing his face. Takeru stood off to one side, talking to Wizardmon, Chuumon, and Sorcerymon about magic. Yamato and Ken found a quiet area to talk.

"When we left home, did you ever think we'd make it this far?" asked Yamato.

"No. When Daisuke first opened that adventurer's kit, I thought he was crazy." Ken took a sip of ale. "And now. . ."

"Now no more sneaking fruit from the shopkeeper's cart, eh?" Yamato chuckled.

"No. Now I'm on to bigger and bolder things."

"Unless it involves hero type stuff, try not to get the rest of us involved."

"You got a deal."

Daisuke approached them with a plate full of food. Abdulla Doo, Shameen, and Shema were with him. "Hey guys, Shameen says someone wants to buy his inn."

"Why would you sell the inn?" asked Yamato.

"We wish to return to our homeland of Shapier," said the Kattamon as Takeru joined them. "Now that Abdulla has sold the goods from the caravan, we can all return."

"Come with us," suggested Shema.

"Us? Go to Shapier?" Ken stared at them in surprise.

"Yes," said Abdulla enthusiastically. "Shapier, when I left, appeared to be in need of heroes. Now I am certain you will be welcomed."

"I don't know," said Yamato.

"I say go for it! Sunny Shapier, here we come!" replied Daisuke. "What do you say Ken?"

"Might not be a bad idea. We don't want to wear out our welcome in Spielburg."

"I think we should go," agreed Takeru.

"You too?" asked Yamato in surprise.

"Wizardmon and Sorcerymon said one of the entrances to the Wizards Institute of Technocery is hidden in Shapier," explained Takeru. "If I want to be a fully accredited wizard, I have to go there."

Yamato shrugged. "I guess that settles it. Once everything's settled here, we're off to Shapier."

---

And so with Kattamon and Abdulla Doo
We bid Spielburg a fond adieu. . .

-The End. . . for now-

Promo: Join our heroes as they arrive in the land of Shapier. A desert land of beauty and danger. Will our heroes be able to save Shapier and its sister city of Raseir from imminent destruction? You'll find out in the upcoming "Digiquest for Glory: Trial by Fire!"

Credits:

Digimon Characters - Toei
Original Game - Sierra-on-line
Story Adaption - Time Lady
Support - Beth, Renegade, Tommy, Chris, Susan, and many others
Story Inspiration - Fred, the 2 inch long pink Mystery Lizard
Story dragged 8 chapters longer than intended by - Puggywug the pug
Headache relief - Tylenol
Ice Cream - Blue Bell
Main Computer - Compaq
Handheld Computer - Diamond Mako
Musical Inspiration - Ray Stevens, Christine Lavin, Ken Nordine, Judy Collins, Doctor Demento, the soundtracks of Escaflowne and El Hazard
Written by - Time Lady
Produced by - Time Lady
Agonized over by - Time Lady
Roles cast by - Time Lady
Author's notes by - Time Lady

Author's note: Well, that's it kiddies. This story is officially finished. Our heroes' adventures, however, have only just begun. There are four more games in the series, for a total of five. I'm going to take a short break before going on to DQFG Trial by Fire. I'd like to try and finish a few of the other stories before I move on.

For those who are wondering why I have Takeru's last name as "Ishida" instead of "Takaishi," in my story, they never separated. So if they remained together, at least until they died, logically the brothers would have the same name.

I've decided I'm finally going to take a section of the space I have for the Mystic Manor Homepage and turn it into a section for my Digimon fanfiction.

Actually, I will be turning it into several showcases, one for each of my story "sections."

I will be dividing it into the following sections:
Digimon Fairy Tale Theater (all of my fairy tales, including "A Digi-Tale")
Digiquest for Glory
Angels (the stories of Takangemon/Karangewomon)
A Teacher's POV
and one section for the miscellaneous other stories I'm working on (the Doctor and the Debutante may get it's own section later).

The problem?

I CAN'T DRAW!!!!!

Since I can't draw, my best friend the artist is bogged down with her classes, and my other friend the artist is otherwise occupied, I am putting out a request for art.

What am I looking for?

I'm looking for:
Logos
Background images
Other artwork

I'm looking for anything inspired by any of my Digimon stories that could be put up with the different stories.

I'd like to get started on the pages around Christmas (2 weeks, no school, little more planned than my mother's cataract surgery and running every hour every day for a week to put her eyedrops in), so I'll be accepting anyand all art through then (and probably afterwards as well).

Thanks all!