Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Ai ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Due to a lot of you demanding I continue this sucker; I actually went ahead and wrote an epilogue. Tho' I had originally planned on stopping at two parts. Well, I hope I did this story justice enough for you. Without further ado, I present to you…
 
Digital Ai
By Sakura (aka L-sama no Miko)
Epilogue
 
The battle had been going well. The two angelmons had just deleted the last of the Wendigomon and Harpymon that had been sent to guard the area and the digidestined had managed to actually knock down two control spires this time around with the help of their older predecessors. The mood however was quite subdued in spite of an apparent victory. Daisuke's sudden resignation and subsequent disappearance had hit the younger team hard.
No one said anything in front of the others, but each of them had been blaming themselves for the redheaded leader's actions. `I should have been nicer,' and `If only I'd stopped listen more,' had been going through all their minds. But `would've, should've, could've always comes too late. Daisuke had left and it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to come back.
Just as they were about to go back to their homes, the digidestined found the path to the gate blocked by a troop of Japanese style digimon and a squadron of Airdramon above. “Oh crap,” muttered Yamato, knowing MetalGarurumon was near his limits.
“You guys haven't changed one bit,” a familiar voice called from the shoulder of a Musyamon, “You still ignore me even when I'm not with ya.”
“D-Daisuke?!” Taichi sputtered, “What's going on?! Where have you been?!”
“Why'd you leave?” Hikari asked, her shock mimicking her brother's.
“Have you any idea how worried your parents are, you ungrateful brat?!” Miyako spat in pure anger. “Your mom hasn't stopped crying one bit since you ran off!”
“Oh really?” the redhead quipped, jumping off the samurai digimon's shoulder. “I find that hard to believe since she and that man kept ignoring me just like the rest of you.”
Looks of pity, shock, and anger came over the redhead's former comrades. Though some of the girls had to keep themselves from drooling at Daisuke's new attire. He had on a set of black leather pants, the kind that were so tight they looked more like body paint than pants. His tan chest was covered by a black cropped tank with a blood red mesh T-shirt underneath. The barest hint of a tattoo was peeking from beneath the pants on his hip. An ankle length sleeveless black trench coat and fingerless black gloves completed the ensemble. The old Daisuke was gone. The only thing remaining of their former leader was the crimson flames adorning the bottom of his coat.
“Just what are you playing at, Daisuke?!” Taichi bellowed. The taller brunet made to grab his former fan only to be stopped by the Musyamon's sword. Taichi's brown eyes narrowed in disgust at the dark black spiral running down the digimon's arm.
“Have you lost your mind?!” Yamato shouted; having run up to his boyfriend when the Musyamon had moved.
Daisuke smirked, “Actually I've come to my senses for once,” he said bitterly.
“What do you mean `come to your senses'?!” Miyako screeched. The lavender haired girl was being barely restrained by Mimi, she so wanted to beat the idiotic redhead into a pulp for being so stupid. “Lemme go! I'm gonna…”
“You're going to do what?” called another voice from above. Taichi and Yamato forced themselves to back up as the Digimon Kaizer gracefully landed next to Daisuke, having leapt off his favorite steed. “Berate my consort some more, squash what little self-confidence he has left?”
“Consort?!” the digidestined gasped.
“I'd think you'd better start explaining, Daisuke,” Takeru said, his voice a mix of barely controlled anger and dismay.
“Oh, I don't think he needs to explain anything. Especially to the likes of you,” spat the indigo haired tyrant.
“We're not talking to you!” growled Yamato. “You'd better start explaining you little punk or I'll…” The older blond raised his fist towards Daisuke.
“Like Kaizer-kun said, I don't have to explain anything! I just got tired of be ing on the losing side! And I've had enough of your crap!”
“Why you!” Miyako now had to be restrained by both Mimi and Sora as well as her own digimon.
“Did you ever think I'd continue to let you ignore me like that?” Daisuke spat venomously.
“But we never ignored you,” Hikari cried, tears on the verge of escaping her eyes. “Why would you think we were ignoring you?”
“Did you ever listen to what I had to say? Did you ever agree to any of my ideas?” their former leader shot back.
“That's because…”
“Miyako, don't make things worse than they already are,” Iori warned.
“No,” commanded Daisuke, “Go on Miyako-chan, enlighten us.”
The lavender haired girl bit her lip, torn between ripping her former teammate a new one and following the youngest digidestined's advice.
“Dai-chan gave you an order girl, I'd suggest you follow it,” drawled the Kaizer. “We don't take orders from traitors,” hissed Gatomon.
“I'd do as they say, oujo-san,” came a voice from behind Miyako. The digidestined whirled around to see their comrade's throat beneath the blade of a katana. Behind the girl stood a red and black clad ninjamon.
“Miyako!” Takeru cried, worry coloring his voice and face. “Call him off Daisuke!”
“Not until she tells me what she was gonna say,” he spat back defiantly.
Miyako gulped, sweat beads beginning to gather under her hat. “T-That's because… y-you're ideas…” she stammered.
“Miyako please,” Hawkmon pleaded.
“It's rude to interrupt!” sneered the redhead, “Go ahead Miyako, what about my ideas?”
“T-They w-were… s-s-stu…”
“Stupid?” finished Daisuke with an angry snarl, “Is that what you all thought? I thought as much.”
“You have to admit,” Takeru said, causing the Kaizer's goggled eyes to narrow in warning, “Most of them were kinda lame.”
“Hmph, says the guy who thought he'd be a better leader than me,” Daisuke ground out through gritted teeth.
“I never thought that!” the blond shot back, “I never wanted to be leader.”
“Oh really? Well, who did you all listen to? Hmm… I wonder who that could be?”
“Daisuke, stop this!” Taichi demanded.
“Oh that's right!” Daisuke continued, ignoring the older brunet, “It was blondie over there!”
“Look Daisuke,” Yamato said, holding up his hands, “You have every right to be upset. But going to the enemy…”
“Upset?!” shouted the redhead, “Upset?! Do you think I'm some little kid who's having a tantrum, Yamato?!”
“Dai…”
“Stuff it Taichi! I know what your loverboy over there is trying to do. But it's not gonna work. I'm sick of tired of being shot down by my own team, by people who are supposed to be my friends! I'm sick of having to spend whole weeks by myself because my own family's constantly running off to do who the hell knows what and leaving me behind to fend for myself! I'm not going back to you morons so you can forget about me `cause we're through!”
The Digimon Kaizer let his consort lean against him, wrapping an arm around the boy's shoulders. Getting all that off his chest had been rather tiring. And having `played' just the night before wasn't helping much either. “I'm proud of you, my ruby,” the indigo haired boy whispered.
“Get your filthy hands off him!” Miyako yelled. The ninjamon pressed his katana harder against her throat, causing a faint red line to appear.
“Oh so you only want him,” the Kaizer drawled triumphantly, “just because I have him and he doesn't want you.” The indigo haired tyrant then grabbed Daisuke's chin, forcing the redhead to face him. To the complete and utter shock - and disgust in Miyako's case - greedily locked his lips with Daisuke's.
Hikari promptly fainted. Mimi on the other hand just couldn't tear her ears away from the passionate display. “Mimi,” Palmon hissed, “You're drooling on me!”
“I'm gonna be sick,” said Miyako, wishing she could run off somewhere and vomit.
“I don't believe you, Daisuke!” Jou finally spoke up, having enough of his friends' bickering, “How can you be so stupid?! How could you do that to your friends! That's the enemy you're kissing!”
The former digidestined leader pried himself from his rather amorous lover. “You say he's the enemy,” he spat pointing a black painted finger at them, “But he's been more of a friend to me than any of you! Besides who says what's he doing is evil?!”
“Look around Daisuke!” Takeru screamed, “Digimon are being enslaved and tortured by your so called `friend'! You can't say that isn't right!”
“Oh I quite agree with you,” the Kaizer sneered, “Torturing living beings is wrong. Very, very wrong. But if any of you idiots ever stopped to pay attention for once, you'd notice that all those poor, poor, digimon I've supposedly been torturing were virus types!”
There was complete silence. The Kaizer's words had them utterly stunned. The sound of Koushiro's fingers running over his laptop was the only thing heard for several moments. “Um… you're not going to believe this,” the digital genius said, not looking away from the computer, “But the Kaizer's right.”
“W-W-W-Wha?!” Miyako sputtered.
The Digimon Kaizer smirked triumphantly. “Almost every single type digimon we've rescued so far has been of the virus type,” Koushiro reiterated.
“No…way,” Taichi added in disbelief.
“Are you saying…” Takeru began.
“That the Kaizer may be a good guy after all?” Patamon finished.
“As hard as I find this to believe, but I think we may have made a rather egregious mistake,” the redheaded computer whiz stated.
“What do you mean, Kou?” Yamato asked.
“Let's look at it this way,” Koushiro explained, “Let's say that the digital world is this laptop. And the virus digimon are a bunch of computer viruses. Some of which are pretty nasty.”
“You've got that right,” quipped Gatomon.
“Well, what do we usually do with a computer virus?”
“Delete it of course,” Iori answered.
“Yes, but there are some viruses we just can't delete so easily so we quarantine them until we can find a why to delete them.”
“So you're saying that what the Kaizer's been doing is…”
“That he's been trying to make the virus type digimon more manageable, so they don't do too much damage to the digital world. Surely you must remember what we all went through with Deivmon, then Myotismon and Piedmon.”
Yamato, Jou, Mimi and Sora were silent. Taichi shivered, he'd come close to losing not only his little sister, but his friends, parents and world during that summer adventure all those years ago. “I-I don't know what to say,” the brunet murmured, truly at a loss for words.
“But what about the control spires?!” Miyako demanded, not ready to believe they might have been in the wrong all this time. “They keep all digimon from digivolving!”
“That's because, stupid girl,” the Kaizer snapped, “a certain group of sanctimonious idiots keep me from fixing them so they'd affect only the more dangerous virus types.”
“But…”
“Just shut up Miyako!” snarled Daisuke. “I've seen how he's been treating them. It's not as bad as you think. They're fed, have roofs over there heads and clean homes so what more could they want?”
“Yeah, well what about the one who's got a sword to my throat?!” the lavender haired girl retorted. “Why ring him? He's not a vi…”
“You are pushing it too far, oujo-san,” the Ninjamon replied in a huff, “Kaizer-sama does not need to resort to such tactics with my kind. We Ninjamon will gladly serve anyone as long as we are paid appropriately.”
“You make me sick,” she spat.
“That is the way of our kind oujo-san. It has been ever since the dawn of time and will remain so `till the End of Days.”
“Now that we've come to an understanding here,” the Kaizer said, growing bored and rather ansty. He did want to have some more `playtime' with his rather yummy looking consort. “I think it'd be best if you all leave my domain. At once.”
“You're letting us go?” the bat/pig digimon asked in amazement.
“I do have one little proviso though.”
“And that would be,” Koushiro asked, being the only one who understood what that word meant.
“That you cease and desist in your interference with what we're doing with the virus types.”
“You've gotta be kidding! There's no way we'd…”
“Miyako!” scolded Taichi. “Zip it!”
“Do we have a deal?” the Kaizer asked.
“I don't like it much,” the older brunet replied, “But you do have a valid point. We won't try to stop you anymore. However, we will be keeping an eye on you two. If we so much as hear one bad thing…”
“Yeah, yeah, you're gonna kick our butts,” Daisuke concluded, “We get the idea.”
“As for the spires,” Koushiro suggested, “I'd be more than willing to assist you with the coding.”
“I just might be tempted to take that offer,” the indigo haired ruler said, raising one elegant eyebrow, “But I do believe we have that part handled, all we needed was time enough to actually work on it.” He narrowed his eyes at the younger team of digidestined.
“Well you'll have all you need!” shot Miyako, “'cause I'm washing my hands of you jerks!” With that she stormed off toward the gate, the Ninjamon having released her. None of ringed and spiraled digimon made a move toward her as she stomped past. Hawkmon gave Daisuke a sad look as he passed, neither said anything.
It was several more minutes before the others followed their furious friend and now only the Kaizer and his consort remained along with their `soldiers'.
“I meant what I said earlier, Dai-koi,” the Kaizer said pulling his consort into a fierce embrace. “I am proud of you for standing up to them like that. Very proud.”
Daisuke blushed, still not used to his lover's praising. “I-I'm proud of you too, Ken-chan,” he said letting himself melt in that heated grasp. “You didn't try to feed them to the troops.”
The Kaizer laughed. “The things I do for you,” he whispered huskily into the redhead's ear.
“That's because you love me,” Daisuke replied, shuddering at that lust tinged voice.
“I don't just love you my Daisuke,” his indigo haired lover said, signaling for his Airdramon to land. “I worship you.”
The former digidestined leader blushed profusely at that. “I don't deserve it.”
“That's enough of that!” chided the Kaizer. “No consort of mine is ever going to start believing he's worthless, you got that?” he ordered as he leapt onto the flying digimon's head.
“I love you so much, Ken,” Daisuke said as he joined his love on the steed's head.
“I know,” the Kaizer said, smiling as the Airdramon took off and headed towards their floating fortress.
 
~Owari~
 
 
KKen: Well, well, well. Will wonders never cease? You actually got off that lazy arse of yours and finished this!
 
Sakura: Hey! Don't blame me this time meine liebe Kaizer. L-sama kept sending me ideas for all those other shows I've been watching over the years.
 
Yuri: And she did have writer's block too.
 
Gwen: She was busy playing games you mean.
 
Sakura: Gwendal von Voltaire!!! I did too have writer's block! Quiet a lot of it I might add!
 
Kurogane: I swear, she's a bigger liar than you mage.
 
Fai: Why I don't know what you're talking about Kuro-poo.
 
Sakura: Kuro-wuro!! You meanie!!
 
Karasu Tengu: YOU MADE HER CRY!!!!
 
Sakura: Oh dear, Kuro-burger's in for it now! Anyhoo, lemme know what you think everyone.