Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Reflection ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Digital Reflection

By Wolf O'Donnell

Author's Note: Digimon is copyrighted by Bandai and Toei Animation. All other characters are probably copyrighted by me. I am copyrighted by Nintendo, but that has nothing to do with the story. Feel free to send relevant comments to w_donnell@hotmail.com. Viruses, e-mail bombs, Spams or flames are not welcome. This fanfic is set within a completely different dimension from any of the TV shows or comics and features a lot of death, so if you're squeamish about that sort of thing, leave now. Visit my website at http://strwlf.cjb.net. 'Nuff said. Read fic now please. (P.S this story is a bit slow to start, the Digimon might not appear until at least three chapters into the story).

* * * * *

Prologue
A huge crowd of people ran in terror, as the sirens wailed around them. Shouts filled the air, as people filed out of buildings in a panic and fled to the nearest shelter they could find. The underground train system was perfect for such an invasion. The Chinese bombers would be flying overhead, and if they were underground, they would be relatively safe from the bombs.
A brunette-haired woman led her brunette-haired children through the moving crowd of people.
"Fumiko, Hikari, hold on tightly," ordered the woman. "Whatever you do, don't let go." She looked back towards where the people were running away from. Thick black smoke rose from the buildings in that direction, where their home used to stand. 'The Red Army certainly isn't holding back,' she thought misersably. 'The Chinese just might capture Tokyo this time.' Turning her head she saw the crowd in front of her rushing towards the metro train station. "Hold on, we're nearly there!" She wanted to cry, but she found it impossible to do so. She was too scared. Scared for her life, for the lives of her family.
"Mommy, I'm scared," cried the youngest of the girls, Fumiko. If you want to know what she looks like, imagine Mimi with Sora's hair.
Her sister looked like a cross between Kari, Sora and Mimi. She seemed less bewildered than her younger sister, as if she had had more experience.
"Just hold on tight, my little girl," she told Fumiko. "We're nearly there."
A buzzing sound made some people look up ahead. Japanese fighter jets were flying through the air, soaring high above them in the skies.
Fumiko stopped to look at the planes above her. She knew that her father was piloting one of those planes, and hoped that he was up there, protecting her. She cried out, as she was shoved aside by a panicked old woman. Her hand slipped out of her mother's hand, and before she knew it, she was being shunted through the crowd and away from her mother and sister.
"Fumiko!" cried her mother, as she was swept away by the crowd towards the station. "Fumiko!"
A whistling sound made her look up. One of the planes had dropped something. There was an explosion and Fumiko was suddenly flung to the ground.

Neatly cropped, tawny-hair topped his head, a head that wore a sardonic amusement and detachment on the face like a mask. His uniform was black with gold tassels on the shoulder pads of the military tunic, gold thread on the edges of the cuffs and collar, red material making up the cuffs and collar. White gloves, black shiny boots and black trousers with red pinstripes down each side.
The man looked down from the window towards the smoking crater where the station had once been. Just because it was underground, didn't mean it was a good place for shelter.
"Captain Kaplan, sir," exclaimed a voice from behind him. "The Chinese have..."
"I know," he growled in a tenor-toned voice. "What a waste of life, eh?"

"Mummy?" exclaimed Fumiko, as she looked at the smoking rubble where her mother and sister had once been. Tears streamed from her eyes, and down her cheeks. "Mummy!"