Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ El Dorado Diaries ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
El Dorado Diaries Chapter 2
The Digital World. A Digiport opened in the middle of a clearing in a forest, and out of it stepped five human kids and five digimon.
"So, what now, oh fearless leader?" said Monica to Manuel.
Manuel ignored Monica's tone, and looked around. "First of all, we have to find out just what's going on here. And then"
CRASH!
He couldn't finish the sentence, as a small group of digimon that came running out from behind some trees crashed against the Lima kids and their digimon partners, causing them all to fall on the floor in a bundle.
"Ouch, now that was unexpected." said Ramirez as he stood up.
"And painful." added Tentomon, as he too stood up.
Manuel stood up and looked at the digimon that had just crashed against them. There were just three of them, a Labramon and two Lopmon.
"Are you okay?" asked Manuel, as Gabumon helped the digimon up to their feet.
The Labramon looked at Manuel and then at the rest of the human kids and the digimon with them. "Are you Digi-Destined"
"Yes, we are. Why were you running?" said Manuel.
"We were escaping Knightmon's army." said one of the Lopmon in a female voice.
"Please, if you are Digi-Destined, we need your help." said the other Lopmon, in a male voice.
"Stop right there"
Everyone turned to the side from where that voice had come from.
From behind the same trees that the three fleeing digimon had stepped out of, there were another group of digimon, and they didn't look friendly.
There were several mean looking Elecmon and Kokuwamon, and in front of them was a Clockmon who seemed to be their leader.
Immediately the two Lopmon hugged each other in a protective manner, while the Labramon stepped in front of them protectively, in a battle ready position.
"You three savages, surrender right now, and we will spare your lives." said the Clockmon in an Iberian sounding Spanish.
"Never!" was Labramon's response.
"Have it your way. Let's kill them!" Clockmon said to his subordinates.
Before anyone could do anything, Manuel and Gabumon stepped between the Labramon and the Clockmon.
"One, two, three... wow, ten digimon of various levels chasing three child level digimon. Now what awful crime could this three have done to deserve this kind of treatment?" he said to Clockmon.
"Stand aside," said Clockmon in a commanding voice, "this area has been found and claimed by the great Knightmon El Conquistador, everything here belongs to him now, including these savage digimon"
Manuel frowned at this, "Well, I don't know who this Knightmon think he is, but he sounds like an evil bastard"
"How dare you! You uncivilized fools, you will pay!" an infuriated Clockmon said to Manuel, then he turned to look at his subordinates, "Kill them"
The three Elecmon and six Kokuwamon that were with Clockmon charged towards Manuel, ready to strike.
Just then, Manuel's D-3 started to shine brightly, the same white light seemed to engulf Gabumon's body.
"Gabumon evolve"
When the light dissipated, a big white teddy bear was standing where Gabumon was just seconds ago.
"Yuki Duramon"
"Absolute Zero Punch"
The icy attack flew at top speed towards the charging digimon, striking the three Elecmon at once, the strike seemed to cause the Elecmon to delete into data.
"They are Digi-Destined!" said one of the Kokuwamon.
"What are you waiting for! Kill them now!" ordered Clockmon to the remaining of his subordinates.
All the rest of the Lima team's D-3s started to shine, and the light surrounded their digimon.
"Solarmon evolve... Unimon! Holy Shot"
"Pico Devimon evolve... Bakemon! Dark Claw"
"Tentomon evolve... Kabuterimon! Mega Blaster"
"Hagurumon evolve... Thunderballmon! Thunder Bolt"
As they received the special attacks from the digimon, the Kokuwamon fell down and deleted into data.
"They... they beat all of them!" suttered Clockmon as he saw how the Digi-Destined's digimon finished with his subordinates.
He then looked up to see how Yuki Duramon, Unimon, Bakemon, Kabuterimon and Thunderballmon towered over him.
"So, want to try your luck?" asked Yuki Duramon.
Clockmon immediately turned around and started to run away as fast as his feet could take him. "You'll be sorry for this you uncivilized savages!" he yelled for dignity's sake.
When he was gone, the digimon turned back to their child forms, and walked back to their respective partners.
"Thank you very much, Digi-Destined." said Labramon to Manuel.
"You're welcome. Now, first thing's first. What's going on here?" asked Manuel.
"Okay, I'll explain. First, let me introduce myself. I'm Labramon, one of the soldiers of the city of Cozcu. The digimon you just defeated were soldiers of an evil digimon called Knightmon El Conquistador"
"Who's this Knightmon?" asked Manuel.
"Well, it all started this very morning" Baromon, the head digimon of this area of the Digital World, and leader of the city of Cozcu, had just received a message from one of the Patamon watchmen that were on the lookout towers that surrounded the city.
A big fleet of enormous boats with big sails, were coming towards the coast of the Great Eastern Sea.
They were the first visitors from far away lands that this region of the Digital World has had in a long time, and Baromon prepared a welcome committee to receive them.
Baromon, along with his personal guard, which consisted mainly of Labramon, and other important digimon of Cozcu, had gathered at the shores of the Great Eastern Sea, awaiting for the ships to arrive.
The ships didn't take long to reach the shore. The crew of each ship hurried on deploying a walking plank for everyone on board to get on land.
The digimon that were on the ships were various. There were several Elecomon, Kokuwamon and Toy Agumon getting off the different ships. There were also some Clockmon and Kentarumon along with them, but there were less of them.
Finally, from the biggest of all the ships, out came a big digimon wearing a shiny armor. He was accompanied by an escort of several digimon.
"Hello, I am Knightmon. I am an explorer and merchant from a far away land." the digimon wearing the armor introduced himself.
"Welcome. I am Baromon, the leader of this region. Why is it that you have come here?" asked the mask wearing digimon.
"Well, I know that these lands are very rich. I have come here to establish a trade route with you." replied Knightmon.
"Of course, it would be an honor to trade knowledge and resources with your home land." said Baromon, "Please, come with me to the city where we will make the proper arrangements. The rest of your digimon can go around the city and rest, I am sure that they must be tired from the long voyage"
"Thank you for your hospitality." said Knightmon.
So Baromon and the rest of the digimon of Cozcu returned to the city along with Knightmon and his digimon. Later that day.
Having finished the arrangements to establish a trading route, Baromon offered his guests to have a celebration party in the town square.
It was during this celebration that Knightmon and his digimon showed their true colors.
At a certain point during the party, Knightmon gave a signal to his digimon, who attacked in unison and with complete cruelty.
The digimon of Cozcu never expected it, and they were all off guard. In less than an hour Knightmon and his digimon had killed most of the guards, imprisoned most of the civilians and burned every house.
Knightmon dealt with Baromon himself. The armor clad digimon easily captured the leader of the region. Seeing their leader captured seemed to make the few guards that hadn't been beaten yet to surrender, in fear that Baromon might be deleted.
The very few digimon that managed to escape were quickly chased by search parties. "... I managed to escape with these two civilian digimon, we were running away from Knightmon's digimon until we ran into you." Labramon finished his story.
"That... that's just horrible..." said Sasha, barely able to find the words.
"Don't worry, we'll help you and the rest of the captured digimon." Manuel seemed angry after hearing Labramon's story, "Tell us where your city is located"
Labramon nodded, "I'll show you the way. But first I have to take this two to a safe place." added the dog like digimon, gesturing at the two Lopmon behind him with his head. "There's a secret city deep inside the jungle, they'll be safe there"
"I see. Do they know how to get there by themselves?" asked Manuel.
"Yes." replied the male Lopmon, "But we don't know how to fight, if one of Knightmon's digimon finds us, we'll be helpless"
"Don't worry about that." Manuel turned his head to look at Sasha and Ramirez. "Sasha, Ramirez, you two make sure this two Lopmon get to that secret city safely, Monica, Jesus and me will follow this Labramon to Cozcu and help the digimon that are being held captive"
Sahsha, Ramirez, Jesus and Monica nodded their heads in the affirmative. A minute later, the two groups left in their separate ways. To be continued. Author's notes:
I sure that most of you have guessed from the title that this story is based somewhat on the Inca legend of El Dorado.
This legend is probably one of the most popular worldwide. However, most people know the wrong version of it.
Most persons think that El Dorado was a gold city of some sort, however this was not the case. El Dorado was actually a person.
Also, the legend is not real, and was believed more by the Spanish that heard it, than by the Inca people that told it.
This is how it goes.
After the Spanish killed Atahualpa, the last Inca, and took all their gold, they still wanted more of it.
At first, the few qechua that remained as slaves of the Spanish didn't understand just WHY gold was so important to the Spanish.
To them, gold was something that came from the heavens, it had a lot of spiritual value to them, but no monetary value whatsoever.
After they managed to figure out just why the Spanish wanted to have more gold, they started to use the only weapon they had: The greed of the Spanish.
So, the qechua made up a story about a mighty king that lived very deep inside the Amazon forest. This king had so much gold that he could actually paint his whole body with gold powder. The people called him "El Dorado"
The Spanish had already found two empires of gold in the American continent (the Aztects and the Incas), so they figured that a third one was very possible to exists.
So, not knowing that the stories and legends the qechuas were telling them were actually lies, they asked them to take them trough the Amazon forest to this golden king.
The qechua were used to the harshness of the Amazonian jungle, but the Spanish weren't. The qechuas would always take them as deep as they could in the jungle, then they would leave them alone and lost.
Soon the Spanish died of diseases from bug bites, or from hunger, or from thirst.
This happened over and over and over, many Spanish would lead an expedition into the jungle, and never return.
And of course, nobody found the legendary king El Dorado, because he didn't exist, and neither did his gold. Persona.