Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Love Blooms ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Beelzemon had decided to go for a walk around town. He hadn’t been walking for long when suddenly a distant sound reached his ears, almost like music. What’s that sound? He looked around.
Beelzemon started to follow it. As he walked, it grew louder. When he reached the Shinshuku High School, the music was ringing in his ears and bouncing around in his brain. As he surveyed the playground, he spotted a girl of about eighteen sitting in one of the swings, playing a flute. Lured by the music, he walked over to her. She had on a pair of blue khakis, a black shirt with a deep sea green water dragon coiled around a heart with a bloodrose through the middle, a black digital watch, and worn out black tennis shoes. Her dishwater blonde hair was slightly messed up from being blown around by the wind.
The music she was playing was low and sorrowful. It made his spirit sink as he sat down in the swing beside her.
Suddenly the song ended and the girl opened her pale blue near grey eyes.
When she saw Beelzemon ,she jumped and blushed. “Oh, I didn’t know I had an audience.”
He grinned. “You’re really good.”
She blushed deeper and looked down at the ground. “Not really.”
“Play another one.”
“Hmm, alright.” She raised the flute to her lips and started playing.
This song was higher and more joyous, which raised Beelzemon’s spirits. After she was done, she set the flute down on her lap.
“Wow that was good.”
“Thanks,” She glanced at her watch and stood up. “Excuse me, I gotta go.”
“Oh, alright. Bye.” He watched as she walked away before standing up and walking off in the other direction.

The next day Beelzemon was out for an afternoon walk when the girl he had seen the other day on the other side of the street in front of him. She was walking quickly with her head bent, books pressed against her. Just as he was about to call out to her, a group consisting of about five boys came up behind her. One of them, a tall black haired boy wearing blue jeans and a white tgrabbed her arm and spun her around. The two seemed to be arguing, with the boy growing angry. Seeing this, Beelzemon quickened his pace. Suddenly the boy pushed the girl into the wall, causing her to drop her books and let out a startled squeak. The other boys crowded around them. Just as the boy pulled back his arm to hit her, Beelzemon grabbed the boy’s wrist and yanked him away.
He grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up until their faces were level.
“And just what do ya think yer doin’ ya stupid little brat?!” Beelzemon snarled into the startled boy’s face.
The boy cringed under Beelzemon’s fierce glare and gulped. “Iwas just…aw, crap.”
“That’s what I thought,” Beelzemon dropped the boy. “Now get outta here, before I get mad.”
The boys scrambled to get away from the Viral Digimon.
“Stupid humans.” he muttered as he watched them run. He turned to the girl, who was watching him with a mixture of fear, confusion, and awe. “You alright?”
She nodded. “Why did you do that?”
“Do what?”
“Help me.”
“‘Cause I felt like it.”
“Oh. Well, I’d better get going,” She bent down and picked up her books. “Thank you.”
She turned to leave.
“Wait! Why don’t I walk ya home?”
“Um, er, I don’t know….” She blushed lightly and looked away.
“Come on,” he urged. “Whatcha gonna do if those boys decided to come and get ya before ya got home, hmm?”
“I don’t know…I’m sorry it’s just that I’m not used to anyone helping me.”
“We got somethin’ in common then; I’m not used ta helpin’ anyone.”
“I’m Valeri, but you can call me Val…if you want.” Valeri said shyly.
“I’m Beelzemon.”
“Not ta be rude or nothin’ but are you a Digimon?”
“Yes, ain’t it obvious?”
“Yeah, I just wanted to make sure.”
The two started walking.
“Hey, Val, why do those boys bother ya?”
“‘Cause they think it’s funny. Dagger likes to hurt me, I don’t know why though. Not like I do anythin’ to ‘im.”
Beelzemon scowled. “He’s a moron, morons are like that. I’ve been around here long enough ta figure that out.”
“I understand that. Well, here’s my house.”
Beelzemon looked up at the house then looked back at Valeri. “Nice place. Well, I’ll probably be seein’ ya around. Bye.”
“Wait, would you like to…come in for a minute?” Valeri asked shyly.
“Can I? I guess so.”
They walked inside and went into the kitchen. Valeri set her books on the kitchen table before sitting down.
Beelzemon sat down and watched Valeri as she started on her homework. He picked up one of Valeri’s books and started flipping through it; it turned out to be a sketchbook.
Then they heard the door open and close.
Yuri, Valeri’s older sister appeared in the doorway. Beelzemon glanced up at her. She had sapphire blue eyes, long light blonde hair put up in a ponytail. She wore a denim minia pink skinbelly shirt, fake red nails, and lowsandals. Disgusted, Beelzemon quickly looked back at the sketchbook. Valeri did not take any notice of her sister as she walked over and dropped her purse and books on the table. Then she opened the refrigerator door and started looking through it.
“Ohh,” she groaned. “There’s nothing to eat and I’m starving! Val, when’s dinner?”
“In an hour.”
Yuri let the door slam shut. “Can’t you make it now?” she whined. “Wait, what is for dinner?”
“I don’t know, you choose.”
“Hmm, how ‘bout spaghetti?”
“Alright, I’ll start on it right now.” Valeri got up and started rummaging through the cabinets.
Satisfied, Yuri went into her room.
“Would ya like anything?” asked Valeri, pulling out a strainer.
“Huh? Uh…not really.” He could feel and hear his stomach protesting.
Valeri giggled, causing Beelzemon to go red in the face and grin meekly. “Sounds like your stomach doesn’t agree with you.” She walked over to the fridge, opened the door, and took out a bowl of grapes. She set it down in front of him and returned to preparing the meal.
Yuri walked in and sat down beside Beelzemon. As he popped grapes in his mouth, Yuri tried to strike up a conversation but he either did not reply or gave short ones.
Seeing Beelzemon’s distress, Valeri spoke up. “Hey Beelzemon, you wanna stay for dinner?”
Beelzemon looked up at her in surprise. “Really? I…uh can’t. Sorry.”
“Oh, alright.” The disappointment in her voice was unmistakable, although she tried to hide it.
“I really should be goin’ now, see ya tamorrow.”
Valeri was not really listening since she was looking for a pot. When she did not answer, Beelzemon walked towards the door.
Valeri straightened up. “Bye.”
“C’ya.” Beelzemon called as he walked out the front door.
Valeri set the pot on the stove.
“He’s cute.” Yuri said, looking at her reflection in her mirror.
“You think all the guys you meet are cute.”
“Or sexy. But he’s both,” Yuri said, watching Beelzemon through the window. “I mean, did you see that six pack? Talk about sexy.”
“Yuri, he’s not even human!”
“He’s not? Then what is he, an alien?”
Valeri just shook her head in annoyance and continued making dinner. Annoyed at being ignored, Yuri kept pestering her sister until she said irritably, “He’s a Digimon!” and went back to watching the noodles cook.
Yuri stared dumbfounded at Valeri for a moment before shaking her head and taking out her cell phone. As she dialed in one of her friend’s number, Valeri went into the living room and sat on the couch. After a few minutes, she went back into the kitchen and finished dinner. Then she gathered up her books, fixed Yuri and herself a plate, and went to her room, which was actually the basement since there were not enough bedrooms for all three of them to have a room. She sat down at her desk and started to finish her homework as she ate.
Shadow, her dusty black kitten, came slinking down the stairs, sat down in the middle of the floor, and watched her intently. “Mew.”
Valeri looked down at him and smiled. “Sorry, you don’t get any.”
“Mrrow!” He meowed pitifully. His meow sounded more like a squeak.
She giggled. “No silly, squeaker. You can’t have any.”
After Valeri finished, she went upstairs to drop off her plate and put up the leftovers. The entire time she was doing this Shadow followed her. Valeri went back downstairs and got into her nightclothes, turned on her alarm clock and her stereo before crawling into bed.
Shadow jumped up onto the bed, curled up beside her on the pillow, and went to sleep to her gently stroking him. Valeri fell asleep to the rhythmic rumbling of the content kitten.