Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Everything I Ever Wanted ❯ Never In My Wildest Dreams ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~*~ Never In My Wildest Dreams ~*~
Disclaimer: OK, I still don't on anything that has to do with Digimon, their characters, the plot, or any merchandise. All I'm doing is trying to write a story with a good plot that doesn't sound like crap. ("Too Late") "Shut Up, Danielle!"

Author's Note: Once Again, it's me, Simply Irresistable, rambling for a paragraph before my new chapter. I mean does anyone even read these stupid tings anyway? I think not. Anyway, I hope you enjoy, please read and review with both positive and negative responses. I want to hear your raves of praise or your protests that I put such shit on fanfic. (With hope most of you will agree with choice A) Bye ;-)

"Hey Kari, right on time as usual. Too bad school doesn't start later, I mean how is anyone supposed get enough sleep to look gorgeous and also have enough energy to walk like a mile at the crack of dawn; it's absurd. Oh, morning Tai; forced to tag along with your sister and her friend on this lovely morning stroll to hell?"
"Morning Mimi," replied Tai, "Now that I see the type of conversation I miss every morning, maybe I'll start walking with the two of you to our beloved high school more often. Kari, is she like this every morning?"
"Every single day it's the same speech, that is until our mandatory stop for coffee at the corner cafe. Once she starts drinking a French vanilla cappuccino, all problems disappear and quiet time begins." She then added in a pretend whisper, "Most motor skills for Mimi don't kick into full gear until at least nine thirty if we're lucky," Once finished Kari tried to suppress a slight giggle, but had no success.
"Shut up Kari! What is this? Gang up on Mimi morning."
"On the contrary," said Tai as he attempted to sooth an obviously cranky Mimi, "I think it's incredibly cute that you're not a morning person." As this was said, Tai gently pushed a hair that had gone astray behind Mimi's ear and let his finger caress her check softy before his hand dropped back to his side. Does she realize how incredibly beautiful she looks with the first rays of sunlight on her face; she almost seems to glow. Does she realize that I like her as more then a friend? Does she think of me as anything more then her best friend's brother? All these thoughts rushed through Tai's head as Mimi just smiled and thanked him for fixing her hair.
All of a sudden Mimi's eyes lit up; Tai followed her gaze to the coffee shop and just made out "My beloved coffee," as Mimi went into a sprint.
"Wow!" replied Kari, "She must be in terrible need of caffeine; I've never seen her go so fast at this hour in the morning." Both her and Tai burst out laughing and tried to catch up to their friend. When they reached Mimi she had already begun drinking and was ready to leave. Before she could rejoin Kari on the sidewalk Tai held her back so they were slightly behind his sister. He then attempted to ask Mimi something he had wanted to for a long time.
"So Mimi, enjoying your coffee?"
"Of course, French vanilla is the only thing that can help me function throughout the day."
"Well I was wondering if you were doing anything on Friday night?"
"No, how pathetic am I; I don't have anything planned the entire weekend, why do you ask?"
"Um... I thought that, if like, you weren't doing anything, and I wasn't doing anything, well maybe we could do nothing together, I mean something together." Wow I'm so bad at this, Tai thought; I bet she just laughs in my face. Get ready for rejection.
"What did you have in mind?" asked Mimi.
"I thought maybe we could go see a movie or rent one and go back to my house."
"What, you mean, like a date?"
"No, just as friends. If that's ok with you?"
"Sure that sounds like fun, what time should I come over?"
"Is eight ok?"
"Sure, I'll bring the popcorn and junk food if you supply the movie."
"Perfect, my mom plans on trying a new tofu recipe on Friday so I'll be pretty hungry. Of course I may die from food poisoning before you arrive." Mimi began laughing but Tai's facial expression didn't change. "You think I'm kidding?" That just caused Mimi to clutch her stomach as the laughs doubled. "It's nice to know that you think my early death is funny. Do me a favor, just don't laugh at my funeral."
"Oh...I'm...sorry...it's...just...soooooooo...funny." Mimi stopped talking in an attempt to catch her breath. "You know I'd be truly depressed if you died, right?"
Kari, who had remained silent since leaving the coffee shop, finally tuned into their conversation, and asked, "Hey Tai, if you die can I have your room?"
"Why you little..." Tai said as Kari ran off and he chased after her. Tai finally caught up with her near the school gate and they both were breathing hard from the running and the ever-present laughter. Mimi caught up with them and all three entered the school gate together. Mimi had her coffee in one hand and Tai's hand in the other. All the other digidestined were in a circle talking when Mimi, Tai, and Kari joined in. Matt had his arm around Sora's shoulder and was completely happy and in love until he saw Mimi and Tai holding hands; until he saw Mimi smile up at him. Then a feeling of anger and jealousy ran through him. Are Mimi and Tai a couple now? But I thought they weren't flirting yesterday and that they were just friends. Wait a minute, why do I give a damn? I mean, I'm totally in love with a great, smart, pretty, funny girl already. I can't be jealous of Tai because I don't have any feelings besides friendship for Mimi. Matt thought all these things to himself, and then an inner voice interrupted his rationalizing. "Yeah you keep telling yourself that and maybe one day it'll come true." Matt's inner conflict had caused him not to hear the bell or notice that almost everyone was already in the building.
"Shit, if I don't hurry I'll be late for class!" he muttered to himself. And with that he pushed all thoughts and feelings of Mimi, Tai, and Sora out of his mind and thought of the task at hand, school.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

"Hey Mimi."
"Oh hi Matt. What's up?"
"Nothing much, I was just wondering if you and Tai, are now, like well, a couple?"
"Me and Tai? No we're just friends, why do you ask?"
"No reason, I just assumed you guys were seeing each other." Relief flooded throughout Matt's body. Just knowing that Mimi and Tai weren't together was enough to make him attempt to dance again, but he still couldn't understand why he was so happy. I mean it's not like I love Mimi, do I? "Hey, if you're not doing anything on Friday night, then maybe you'd like to stop by and listen to my band rehearse? We have a cool new song and I could use another music lovers opinion."
"Sure, that sounds like a lot of fun, but why not ask Sora for her opinion?"
"She's babysitting on Friday, besides we don't hang out enough. So can you come or not."
"Sure, I'll be there, what time are you starting?"
"Around eight o'clock."
"Ok, great. See you then."
"Bye"
"Bye" Mimi was so overjoyed that Matt asked her to come hear his band rehearse that she completely ran off to tell Kari that her dreams were coming true, that Matt had asked her out, well sort of.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~
Walking home from school...

"Kari, you'll never guess what happened to me today."
"Well considering you haven't stopped smiling once and it's such a goofy grin I'd have to guess that Matt asked you out."
"Yes."
"Wait, What?"
"Matt asked me out."
"No way, I was just kidding before. He really asked you out? What about Sora?"
"Ok, well he sort of asked me out. He invited me to go listen to his band rehearse. Eeeee, isn't that the coolest! I mean i've dreamt about this but i never thought it could come true, not even in my wildest dreams!"
"Oh my god, that's great! When are you going?"
"This Friday night around eight."
"Wait, this Friday night?"
"Yeah, why."
"Aren't you forgetting something?"
"No I don't think so... Oh no, I already made plans with Tai. What will I do?"
"I don't know, you're going to have to choose, hurting a good friend of yours, my brother, or going "out" with Matt."

~*~ Who will Mimi choose? You're just going to have to wait and find out in my next chapter. I know I changed some of the digidestined personalities, like Mimi. Don't flame me for not making her a morning person, as you can see it was critical to the plot. Anyway please read and review. I look forward to hearing both the good and the bad. ~*~