Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ Terror of Mugen Dramon! Upper Kingdom under siege! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Notes: I have been considering committing seppuku for the long delay in this chapter coming out, but then realized that it would make the delay even longer. Hopefully, the increase in quality exists, and will come close to making up for the wait.

"Mugen Dramon has returned." Angemon said, a sense of urgency in his voice. "Follow me, for we must escape to the upper kingdom for now, and only I know the way." And Angemon flew upwards, with the others following.

"So, how will it be any safer then anywhere else?" Miyako asked curiously.

"Well, no one can enter without permission from a holy digimon, in the form of a feather from the wing freely given, and only a holy digimon can see the opening." Angemon explained, and then shed 7 of his feathers, one to be caught by each one who was traveling with him. "The entrance is here. Clear your mind of dark thoughts before you go through the portal." He said calmly, and the chosen children walked through. Meanwhile, Leomon, Palmon, Gomamon, Ken, a large group of Gekomon and Otamamon, and Mimi walked through the portal given by the grey lord, as they felt the very island shaking, and saw the monster on top of Infinity. Iori, however, stubbornly refused to flee, and Agumon, overcome with rage, went with Iori. Of course, King Etemon was still a virus digimon, albeit a much nicer one, so he stayed back to protect Iori. (It should be noted that the Otamamon and Gekomon are also virus digimon, but had done no evil, and acted more like data types, so they could pass.)

Infinity Mountain. Named because it seemed infinitely tall to the baby2 digimon on the ground, and even the child-level ones. The name was ingrained more closely when digimon began trying to climb it, for none could reach the top until Devimon, and he did it with powers of dark magic. And it was on this mountain where an evil dragon of seemingly infinite power, Mugen Dramon, had recently been born.

"Mugen Dramon, kill her!" Neo ordered, believing the dragon was under his control, as he had made the jogress, unaware of the override Lady Devimon had put into it's programming. Mugen Dramon came at Neo, ready to rip him to shreds.

"I should probably kill you for that, but I am a kind digimon, and will let you live. However, if you and your digimon do not leave right now, then you will die." Lady Devimon hissed, not wanting to do battle with Skull Satamon. Neo turned and coolly left with Skull Satamon, on the back of his Kuwagumon.

Fallen Devimon returned to his lair to find Mugen Dramon on top and Lady Devimon next to it, while Felis and the other protectors of the digital world waited in the shadows for the battle to end, and the winner to be finished off. "You foul Dagomon-forsaken wench. I should have killed you when I had the chance." Fallen Devimon spat, at the treacherous Lady Devimon.

"Well, you didn't. And now, if you do not surrender to my rule, then you will die." Lady Devimon sneered.

Of course, at that exact moment, a star went nova one trillion light years away. Of more concern to the story, though, is that the chosen children had entered the upper kingdom. This brilliant place was filled with angel digimon, and everything was glowing as far as the eye could see, while holy tunes were played by many Nefertimon in the background. Quickly, a Holy Angemon greeted them. "Hello, Angemon. What brings you here, and are these the chosen children I have heard so much about?"

"We come to seek sanctuary, as Mugen Dramon has been revived. These are the chosen children, some of them anyway." Angemon said, saddened as he recalled Yamato's betrayal, Daisuke's death, and the deaths of the others that would be sure to follow.

"You will be glad to know that Hikari is here as well, and from what I've heard, others will soon be coming." He responded, and at that exact moment, the other chosen children who had chosen to go with Taichi came in, landing flat on their faces, except for Iori and Hikari of course.

"Haven't seen you in a while. How's it been, and where did Taichi, Hikari and Iori go?" Sora questioned. Of course, just then, Hikari swooped down and landed with the others, and answered the question.

"Taichi." She paused, as the loss of her brother still brought tears to her eyes. "He's gone, and it's all Fallen Devimon's fault." She finished, wiping a tear from her eye. "Anyone know where Iori and Yamato are?" She asked, wanting to know what had happened. "Did they die too?"

"Yamato's not dead, but I wish he was." Takeru said angrily, his hatred of evil making him ignore even that this was his brother he was talking about. "He turned against us, and made it so we couldn't stop the revival of Mugen Dramon." The chosen children who had not seen this couldn't believe their ears, that Lady Devimon had seduced Yamato to darkness, and they all looked sorrowful, until Miyako asked "What about Iori?"

"He's not dead, but he will be soon. He refused to go through with us." Leomon said, sadly. "Either way, we must rest now, to regain our strength." He finished, and the chosen children were led off to somewhere they could do that. As they were led off, Koushirou asked the Piddomon escorting him why the angel digimon don't go down and fight Fallen Devimon themselves.

"It's quite simple, this place of holiness gives us great power, but in another plane, we would not have the strength to defeat him. We can't accept refugees, as in influx of non-holy digimon would give the place less powers of light, it may be found and attacked, and with less power of light we not be able to defeat the invaders."

Meanwhile, in his mansion shrouded in darkness, the Grey Lord was watching. He realized what evil had been done, but how could he have been so foolish, not to realize Yamato's weakness? If only Felis didn't vastly underestimate Lady Devimon's power, and Mugen Dramon's, the world might not be doomed. Of course, Fallen Devimon, King Etemon, and the chosen children aligned might have a chance, but their hatred for Fallen Devimon was so vast they would never even consider such a thing, especially with Takeru acting as temporary leader of one group, and the other torn apart already. But now, he could only watch, and keeping the spells up to guard the mansion from even Mugen Dramon's attack, until he could find a way to help.

"Could I have really been this dumb?" Black Weregarurumon thought, wondering how he could have not seen it, thinking back to when he was ready to kill Sora. "How could I not realize the spell Yamato was under? How could I fail to realize that this would doom the digital world? I might as well kill myself now, rather then face the digimon I hurt through this." Black Weregarurumon thought, and raised a claw to his neck. "No, I'll save Yamato from the spell, and try not to be a total failure as a digimon of the chosen children. I will kill Lady Devimon, using Yamato's allegiance as my tool to get close enough to her." He whispered, reassuring himself, as Yamato was nothing now, but a tool for evil, and his chosen child wouldn't be anything else without his help. He approached infinity mountain, to use Fallen Devimon's impending attack as cover for his treachery.

About an hour later, Fallen Devimon had returned to his former lair to exact vengeance, and Yamato had reached infinity mountain with Black Weregarurumon by his side. Felis, Leo, Yami Leomon, Black Lilymon, Deramon, and Giromon were lying in wait. And Iori was riding to battle on the back of Digmon, while Agumon and King Etemon rode with him, preparing to save the digital world.

Approaching Lady Devimon, Yamato spoke, while Black Weregarurumon looked for a chance at assassination. "Lady Devimon-sama, I am at your service, and have come to aid you against Fallen Devimon, not that you will need it." Yamato said coolly, lust making him act without thinking, and ignore the terrifying evil of Mugen Dramon.

Of course, it was at that moment Fallen Devimon had amassed what remained of his army, and attempted to punish the traitor. Flying mounted on Devidramon, flanked by Giga Dramon and Mega Dramon, Fallen Devimon attacked. "Hell's beam of Destruction!" He yelled, sending a beam of black energy at the succubus.

"Darkness Wave!" Lady Devimon yelled, a wave of purple bats flying out to protect her, as Black Weregarurumon sprang into place, ready to assassinate. Yamato watched this, and quickly grabbed his dagger, and leaped.

Back in the upper kingdom, the chosen children had been led to a shining white building to stay in, that seemed as if it was made for them to come to it. While most of the chosen children stayed in there, Sora had gone out to a crystal lake, to think about what she could do, to not be so useless. "What can I do?" She thought, wondering if she would remain this way. Of course, thanks to some information from Garudamon, Takeru had begun to approach the lake, as he cared greatly for Sora, and didn't want her to wallow in self-pity. "Sora, what's wrong." Takeru said, as he walked over, concern in his voice, but he heard no response.

"I'm useless. Just a burden." Sora mumbled over and over, remembering how she was used as a hostage.

"No, you're not." Takeru said, compassionately, as he sat down next to Sora. "If you were useless, you wouldn't be here."
"If I wasn't useless, then Mugen Dramon wouldn't be ripping apart File Island." She responded, sadly. "And the others wouldn't hate me for my weakness."

"I don't hate you, and I don't think any of the others do either." Takeru said, softly, concern apparent in his voice, not wanting someone he cared so much for to be like this. "If you don't give up trying, you'll find yourself a worthy member of our team in time."

"You really think so?" Sora responded, knowing that she hadn't done much of anything.

"Yes. I don't think any of us are merely sources of power for our digimon partners anymore, and all of us will fight against the evil threatening this world." Takeru responded, a mystic aura to his voice. "Suki Desu, Sora." He added, not knowing what had come over him to say that, he had never been anywhere near so bold before in the area of romance.

"Suki Desu, Takeru." Sora responded, taking the child of hope in her arms, his soft skin pressing against Sora's lips, a loving kiss being planted on the sorcerer's cheek, as feelings of happiness enveloped them both. "I know now that one other of the chosen can be trusted, at least." Sora added, glad that even with this much betrayal going on, Takeru would not turn against her it seemed, no matter what, her trust in her own abilities rekindled.

However, though Takeru and Sora had found they could trust each other, most of the chosen children were still torn by the betrayals that had occurred, feeling none could be trusted other then themselves and their digimon partners. Koushirou, through skilled hacking , was watching the events at Infinity Mountain unfold, but fearing the same weakness that brought Yamato down would effect the others as well, not to mention that most of the chosen who had sided with Taichi felt him a traitor, he shared this information only with Tentomon. Most of the others were similarly isolating themselves.

Hikari, despite finally being among her own, was too sad to enjoy it, feeling ostracized by her friends as she feared when they realized what she was, and wondering why they were so foolish not to retreat from battle until it was almost too late. And where was Iori? Had he stayed behind, foolishly refusing to ever retreat and trying to fight Fallen Devimon? Or had he died in combat after she retreated? "Angewomon, what should I do?" She asked, the loneliness weighing heavily in her voice, it was clear to all that she felt alone.

Angewomon felt rather sad at this as she approached Hikari, she cared so much for her, and didn't want to see her like this at all. "Hikari." She said softly, from the hallway leading to the room where the child of light was staying.

"Hello, Angewomon." Hikari replied rather dejectedly, the warmth in her voice completely gone.

"What's wrong?" Angewomon asked, concern in her voice, Hikari had never been like this to her before, or anyone else for that matter. Of course she didn't mean to sound angry with her digimon partner, but still, her voice usually had a much warmer quality to it.

"It's the other chosen children. They despise me after what happened in Mangrove forest, just as I feared." The child of light responded sadly.

"The others don't matter, we have each other, and that's all we need." Angewomon replied lovingly, as a most un-angelic lust for Hikari began to strengthen within her.

"Thank you, Angewomon." Hikari replied kindly, and then gave her a nice peck on the cheek.(Or the part of it that weren't covered by the helmet that is standard equipment for angel digimon, at least.) Angewomon blushed a deep red, her heart telling her to return Hikari's affections, but her mind telling her not to love again, she had only loved once, and she could still vividly remember Wizarmon's death, and the grief she went through afterwards.

In yet another part of the Upper Kingdom, Leomon was being very silent. Too silent, despite Mimi and Gomamon's continued efforts to make him say something, anything.

"Is having a chosen child really affecting you that much?" Mimi asked, concerned, but Leomon remained silent, still thinking over what it means to be a digimon partner.

"Let's try a joke or something. Three Ogremon walk into a bar, and the fourth one ducks." Gomamon tried, but Leomon continued ignoring him, and he popped a vein. One-sided exchanges attempting to make Leomon talk continued like this for some time, until Gomamon grew quite annoyed.

"You are doing an excellent imitation of Sumiyoshi from Excel Saga." Gomamon complimented Leomon, in a rather sarcastic voice. "Now will you knock it off already?" He added, his mouth filling up with fangs, and his face turning into that of a chibi, as he leaped at Leomon in an attempt for the lion digimon to at least notice him.

Leomon remained silent, and oblivious to Gomamon's latest attempt.

On Infinity Mountain, Yamato's dagger had struck the neck of his own partner digimon, and it was no accident. Instantly, Black Weregarurumon turned back into its baby2 form of Tsunomon, an orange and white digimon with a long black horn on its forehead. It was not due to the meager wound he had received though, this devolution had been a direct result of the bond between Yamato and Tsunomon being broken. Tears streaming down his eyes, the horned digimon asked "Why, why did you betray your own digimon? Is Lady Devimon truly that important to you, that you would betray the bond we share? Please, turn back into the child of friendship once again." He pleaded, but it was of little use. Finally, as Lady Devimon was hit by Fallen Devimon's attack, while Mugen Dramon began to charge up his Infinity Cannons, Tsunomon got through to Yamato.

"How could I let this happen? You've been with me for so long, stuck by me no matter what, and I attacked you. I attacked you." Yamato wailed, a fountain of tears coming down from his eyes, Lady Devimon's spell over him broken, at least temporarily. After evading another hell's beam of destruction, the succubus digimon noticed Yamato showing kindness to his digimon, and not focusing on the battle at hand or even siding with her in the battle.

Focusing all her energies on seduction, Lady Devimon flew over to Yamato, leaving Mugen Dramon to fight Fallen Devimon. "Don't waste your time helping out this pathetic digimon, assist me in my quest to take over the digital world." Lady Devimon said seductively, her skintight outfit and curvaceous body assisting her in this matter. "I'm sure it will be worth your while." She added, hinting at certain pleasures that overwhelmed the child of friendship, he was one of the chosen but he was human too, with all the weaknesses of one. Yamato's lust overwhelmed his mind, and his eyes lost their brilliance, instead glowing with a blue aura of evil, as he took out a small black dagger and stabbed Tsunomon.

"You'll pay for this!" Tsunomon yelled, as he began blowing bubbles in an attempt to hurt the lady of darkness even as the blood rushed down him, but a baby2 digimon is no match for a Perfect one. Annoyed, Lady Devimon briefly considered spearing the horned digimon, but found it not worth the effort, she had a real battle to attend to.

"Those cannons are deadly, and very accurate as well." Fallen Devimon thought. "If I can't disarm them, I'm as good as dead." He continued, coming up with a plan. Extending his long tentacles, the demon lord digimon thrusted one into each cannon, and began working to disarm him, while Mega Dramon and Giga Dramon rained down cover fire.

"Puwazon!" Lady Devimon yelled, carefully evaded the missiles of genocide to strike Fallen Devimon's tentacle with her spear-arm. As the spear tore into the tentacle, Fallen Devimon flinched, making Mugen Dramon able to fire!

"Crimson Nail!" Devidramon screamed, trying to wound Mugen Dramon's infinity cannon before Fallen Devimon would get shot, but it was no use, the armor was way too thick for the claw to do a thing.

"Infinity Cannon!" A powerful blast of energy shot from the cannons on Mugen Dramon's back, shooting Fallen devimon all the way to the ruins of File City, and blasting two of his tentacles off. The wind caused by the blast rushing through air at such speeds knocked Tsunomon off of the mountain, luckily landing in one of the many trees of native forest.

"She's barely even wounded, they couldn't have come farther from destroying each other." Leo roared angrily, the Grappleomon quite annoyed at how disastrously the attempts to stop Lady Devimon failed. Before any of the protectors of the digital world could stop him from giving away their position…

"Lion Beast Killing Wave!" A fast wave of wind shot from the armored lion, heading toward the succubus digimon. Startled by the strength of the attack and the sudden appearance of the attacker, she flew to the side and barely escaped the deadly strike, one of the most powerful of any perfection level digimon's attacks.

"Booster Claw!" Mugen Dramon brought down his draconic claw upon Leo, his metal claw powered by the same force that shoots from his infinity cannon. The Grappleomon's armor was incredibly thick, but the spot of impact was still pierced, and the armor began to crack. Unable to withstand this shock, Leo fell to the ground, unable to continue fighting.

As Mugen Dramon prepared to deliver the final blow, Lady Devimon yelled "Stop! We need all the strength we can muster for the siege of the upper kingdom." Mugen Dramon, hearing this, turned around, and grabbing a few airdramon, bakemon, and one phantomon(While Lady Devimon grabbed onto the mechanical digimon's right arm), and set his rocket-powered boosters to maximum.

While Lady Devimon's small force set out for the upper kingdom, the protectors of the digital world watched the whole thing, and knew they had to counteract it somehow, after their plan to help Lady Devimon and have the remaining lords of darkness destroy each other had backfired disastrously, but how could they reach it?

"We must go, the only place left they could be defeated is the upper kingdom, and giving them ample warning will help." Giromon said, oddly coherent for such an insane digimon. The other protectors nodded in agreement, except for Black Lilymon.

"What you fools seem to be forgetting, is that only a holy digimon can get in, unless we plan on following Lady Devimon's way which won't be much help." The black flower fairy responded, utter disgust in her voice as she said the word "holy."

"I know a way." Leo said, struggling to get each word out due to his massive injuries, and taking out the charms given to him by Lord Holy Angemon, in the final moments before the battle where the angel met it's end against Arca Demon.

"Here, each of you take a charm. I have lived a good life and will only be a burden in the upper kingdom, I will cast the spell." Leo ordered, a small tear running down his face as he prepared for death.

"Are you just going to let yourself die! Someone else should cast the spell, at least they will have the energy to survive casting it!" Yami Leomon yelled, quite angry at the other lion digimon's willingness to throw his life away.

"The one who stays back will most certainly die, from Fallen Devimon's forces if not from casting the spell." Leo answered sadly.

"That's it, I've heard enough." Yami Leomon roared, and punched Leo, making the weakened Grappleomon fall to the ground, unable to do anything. "Have him take my place, I'll cast the spell." As he prepares to cast, he mentions a slight problem, the problem being he doesn't know the incantation, causing everyone to do a collective facefault.

Suddenly, in the middle of the circle, a grey-robed Vamdemon materialized on Yami Leomon's head. "I will cast the spell, someone needs to help protect the upper kingdom, and you fools seem to be the best ones for the task." The Grey Lord said arrogantly, not seeming to care that these were the ones who attacked him previously, and willing to send them to help out the angel digimon colony. "Besides, you need to make up for attacking me and causing Mugen Dramon to be revived in the first place."

"And why exactly should we trust a Vamdemon like you." Felis said, clear scorn in his voice, but the grey lord was a viral nightmare soldier. At this moment, Black Lilymon slipped away, unnoticed, because she did not want anything to do with angel digimon.

"Because if you don't, you will be killed here by Lady Devimon's forces, and the one chance to stop Mugen Dramon will be vanquished. So what will it be, life or death?" The Grey Lord answered, growing impatient with the foolery of the one group that could do something to save this world. Felis nodded, knowing that he had to trust this strange Vamdemon, and he did seem to be Lady Devimon's enemy after all. Yami Leomon began carrying Leo's body out of the center, after struggling to get the Vamdemon off him, and setting up in position, while the Grey Lord began his arcane chant. Yamato, knowing he could win Lady Devimon's favor if he killed the Grey Lord, flew down to him on an Airdramon.

"You might as well give up your futile efforts, Lady Devimon will soon have the entire digital world in her grasp. Rejoin the thirteen lords of darkness, and you may have power." Yamato offered to the Grey Lord, as he finished his spell.

"How foolish do you think I am? Even if I were to join, Lady Devimon would betray me when I was no longer needed, the same way she betrayed Fallen Devimon and will betray you in time. Once, you sided with me against Lady Devimon, why have you changed sides now?" The Grey Lord asked, unable to see what Lady Devimon had done to Yamato.

"Once, I was foolish." The former child of friendship responded coldly. "Prepare for death."

Back in the upper kingdom, the protectors of the digital world had made their report, and each of the chosen children had decided to fight.

"Garudamon, this may seem like an odd question, but do you have any flame-producing feathers you could lend me." Sora asked, having an idea of how she could end up being helpful to the digital world's inhabitants, and knowing what she could do to stop being useless.

"Sure, I shed a few recently, but what for?" Garudamon asked, wondering what her human partner could be planning to use them to do.

"You'll see soon enough, I may need your help forging it." Sora replied, a rare hopeful expression on her face.

As the time until the attack was passing, Fallen Devimon was recovering from his injuries, and calling what few followers who hadn't defected to Lady Devimon's side to him. "We will need a new base of operations, beetle land will do well." He said, amused by the irony that the very place the chosen children first appeared in the digital world would be the very place hiding an evil that threatens it most. "The hiding trees, combined with my illusion magic, should shield it from sight." He added, mounting Devidramon perfect, having nowhere near the energy required to make such a long flight on his own.

A day had passed since Lady Devimon left with Mugen Dramon and Phantomon. Fallen Devimon had reached beetle land, and tensions were flaring up between him and Neo, no doubt influenced by the fact that both evil overlords were based on Dragon Eye Lake. A mysterious group of Clockmon, to boost ratings for when the battle is broadcast, had frozen time on Infinity Mountain, and the small group of digimon led by Iori came across Tsunomon in Native Forest. Meanwhile, the seal protecting the Upper Kingdom had been breached, and it was under attack from Lady Devimon!

Arriving at the gates of the Upper Kingdom, Lady Devimon met with quite a bit of opposition, from a flock of angel digimon accompanied by the chosen children, but her eyes were on an Angewomon, the one accompanying Hikari, the one who had killed her sisters. She had spent so much time thinking up inventive torture schemes, and was anxious to put them into use on the female angel. While Phantomon was merely focused on self-defense against so many angels in one place, Mugen Dramon had spotted an old enemy. Specifically, that human brat from 6 years ago, the one who's technological skills enabled him to figure many things out that should have been hidden, and even let him figure out how to destroy Metal Seadramon. He would make sure this pest never harmed him again, no matter who Lady Devimon designated as a target, or what her plans were to not reveal himself quite just yet. Aiming at Koushirou, the mechanical dragon launched his deadly attack, the most powerful known to digimon-kind.

"Infinity Cannon!"

"Unfortunately, the author continues his pathetic inability to think up an opening," Chibi-Takeru yells, as the chibi counterparts of the chosen children and their digimon all attack the author at once. "So let's just begin this omake!"

As the new fellowship waits outside Moria, and Chibi-Fizban's screams can be heard from inside, what appears to be a small galaxy with two arms sticking out of it floats by. "Fate has sent me to take you out of this storyline." The Great Will of the Macrocosm says, grabbing the chosen children and Lodoss chibies and transporting them to a Puchu spaceship.

"Aren't you forgetting someone, that's quite rude of you, leaving a poor defenseless kender alone in front of Moria like this." Chibi-Tasslehoff said, quite annoyingly.

"What, and get all my items stolen you thief?" The great will of the macrocosm responded, causing the kender to unleash a barrage of taunts. Unfortunately to those who want this mini-plotline to continue, this is a digimon fic, so the author will be focusing now on the plight of the chosen children being held hostage by Puchu.

"So, whose idea was it to breed Clefairy with Pikachu?" Chibi-Gomamon asked, looking confused at the odd Puchu.

"Puchu Puchu Puchu" The Puchu chanted, looking quite offended.

"Babelfish, spirit of communication, please come to my aid, and enable our understanding." Chibi-Deedlit recited, summoning an odd sort of fish into the ears of the group, so they could understand the Puchu.

"It smells like a human. Can we eat it?" One of the Puchu asked, wondering what exactly these strange creatures were, as Puchu flocked from different areas of the ship to inspect the creatures. In a burst of foolery, no one remembered to fly the ship, and it crashed landed back on the planet where the fanfic is set, and the omake began in the first place.

"Smells like Freezeland." Chibi-Gabumon commented, noticing the wintry air that occurred in the coldest part of File Island, and not noticing the rampaging Andromon destroying it.

"Andromon, your evil must not be allowed to continue, even if you are being controlled, I must stop you, to protect the digital world." Chibi-Angemon said, drawing his rod, as Andromon drew his spiral sword.

"No, Angemon!" Chibi-Takeru cried out, tears filling eyes, as the battle began. Chibi-Angemon and Chibi-Andromon passed each other, sword outstretched, in a scene that had occurred countless times in anime. Each one then stood up after the charge, meters apart, until Angemon oddly found his wings cut off, and he fell to the ground unconscious, while Andromon was unharmed.

Author's other note: I have reason to believe that there is enough of a quality difference between the earlier chapters and the later chapters, and there were some things I were planning to put into chapter 1 I left out. I am wondering whether I should rewrite chapter 1,(Well, actually splitting it into a new prologue and the current first chapter.) please tell me your thoughts on this.