Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ The second battle of infinity ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes: *Repeats the pleading for reviews* Sorry for the long wait, but this is a LONG chapter, and think of this as make-up for chapter 2's size(New chapter 2, not old chapter 2) Also, for those wondering about the Grey Lord's motives and such, all will be revealed, and if I'm lucky I could get it off within four chapters(Now that I have some good ones figured out and a good method of revealing them, I actually can, but the story will only let me do it so fast.)

Infinity Mountain. The tallest place on File Island, and one of the tallest in the entire digital world. A place that as the lair of Devimon during the 1999 incident, and the lair of whichever virus-type has the upper hand in the current war, has seen much conflict. And it was here that the first major battle of the war would soon take place. Not that there hadn't been other battles. But the first battle of Infinity was a diversion to find a crest. The battle of Grey Lord's mansion was just between two small forces, nowhere near on the scale of the forces now meeting. And the attempted siege of the upper kingdom was halted after a change of heart by Lady Devimon. Sure, there had been other skirmishes, and many casualties. But in all of this war, a battle like this still had not taken place.

"Unless of course, you wish to stay and help me fight off Fallen Devimon, along with whatever ally he's brought along this time."

Yamato digested this information, and pondered what course of action he should take. Surely, siding with the digimon who had controlled him for so long was not something he wanted to do. But Fallen Devimon was a danger to the entire digital world, and had to be stopped. "I will help you for now, but if you try anything like that again, I will not hesitate to kill you." The chosen of friendship said angrily, through clenched teeth. "He's coming from the southwest, isn't he?" Yamato asked, preparing for battle

"Yes." Lady Devimon confirmed, and turned in that direction.

Meanwhile, somewhat lower on the mountain, Takeru and Sora(Along with their digimon partners) had materialized near the Grey Lord, and Takeru was wondering why the hell the Vamdemon wanted him to stay away from a major battle.

"Why do you want us away from here? The fate of the digital world may rest on this one battle, and you try to keep us out of it? Damn, you staged that combat with Lady Devimon and were on the side of darkness all along, weren't you!" Takeru interrogated, grabbing the vampire by the neck.

"A-a bomb, under the mountain." The Grey Lord said, barely able to speak with Takeru's hands clenching him.

"What?" Takeru said, shocked. It seemed plausible enough, and he seemed so sincere, not that something most of any species would do when being choked for information would be to lie about it. Silently wishing Andromon or Koushirou were here, and could tell what was going on, Takeru asked the Grey Lord to elaborate.

"A Giromon is near this mountain, and I suspect will soon go under the mountain and explode. The blast will set off many explosives that will destroy Infinity Mountain, and whoever has engineered this is probably hoping to take out Fallen Devimon, his ally, and Lady Devimon in one attack." The Grey Lord explained, concerning Takeru, but then he remembered that this was a Vamdemon he was talking to.

"You may seem sincere, but I will not let any vampire demon ruin my chance to slay Fallen Devimon and any of the other evils around him." Takeru replied angrily, taking out his bow. "Yamato, you may be my brother, but now that you have turned to darkness, you must die!" He roared, taking out an arrow and firing.

Yamato quickly moved his arm down and out of the way of the attack, responding with "I thought half-elves were supposed to have better marksmanship, little brother." , but not bothering to try to convince Takeru the spell was broken.

"Shouldn't you say something to him?" Lady Devimon inquired, wondering what the reason could be for his not even saying a word about why he is not the enemy to Takeru.

"I've known him a long time, and when it comes to truly evil digimon and their allies, he won't care what they say." Yamato responded, and then prepared to dodge his brother's next attack. Yamato's brother loaded his bow, but before he could fire his next arrow, something happened.

"Don't do it Takeru!" Sora cried out, from atop her Garudamon. Takeru turned, having been unaware of her presence on infinity until this point.

"Don't attack Yamato? He's on Lady Devimon's side, and even if she's not attacking right now, she's still one of the thirteen lords of darkness." Takeru shot back.

As much as Sora feared what would happen to the survivor if Takeru and Yamato were to fight to the death, and as much as she didn't want to see either of them die, and as concerned as she was for Takeru, she had no answer.

"After you were used by Jureimon as you were, you should know the dangers of meddling with the powers of darkness. But you helped revive Mugen Dramon despite this, so to protect the digital world, I must stop you!" Takeru spoke, shooting his arrow at Yamato.


However, while this shot was far more accurate then his previous one, it lacked the speed of that shot, and it was slow enough to give Were Garurumon time to react. "Takeru, your brother has indeed assisted in reviving one of the thirteen lords of darkness. However, he was under a spell at the time which has since been broken and I am still sworn to protect him!" Were Garurumon answered, leaping forward to grab the middle of the arrow and then breaking it in half across his spiked knee.

However, the event that had been foreshadowed for over an episode finally occurred, as the forces led by Fallen Devimon arrived on Infinity Mountain, along with Fallen Devimon himself, possessed by rage. Though one may think the rage was because the author loves screwing around with the size of File Island, and he was traveling cross-island in the first place, and thus it took him a long time to arrive while many other events had the chance to play out, it was more because Lady Devimon had stabbed him in the back and taken his lair, not to mention that Takeru was still alive.

As the dark lord arrived, Takeru, Angemon, Yamato, Were Garurumon, Sora, Garudamon, Lady Devimon, and her entire army moved to face the attack, while the Grey Lord pulled Skull Greymon, the unconscious Armadimon and Iori, and the immobile(Due to what could be described as poor planning, in the same way that turning into a ram and head butting a fire giant could be described as a lack of strategy, or using a Parasect against a Charizard is considered not paying attention to type advantages) King Etemon close enough to teleport away at once, mainly because he knew of the impending danger beneath the mountain, which to add to the suspense, the plans of the ones causing said danger will now be turned to.

"Giromon, are you ready?" Felis asked, pulling out a communications device he received long ago from Andromon, in the event they were separated or one of them was captured in an attack. However, the device intended for the three founders of Factorial Fortress was now used not because of separation among the founders, but because of disagreements among the founders, a disagreement on whether to use the chosen as bait for the evil approaching, or to rely on them to save them. The other two had no idea whatsoever that this device had been reproduced, that Felis was going behind their backs and doing this, and only one even knew this battle was a trap in the first place.

"Either I die in the one chance we have to stop Fallen Devimon, or I just spend the rest of my life being mind-controlled by him. I choose to fight!" Giromon replied, knowing this would probably be the second-to-last thing he would ever say(The last being an affirmation he had the signal to start.)

"Very well then." Felis replied, and then to Maildramon, said "We need to each take a side of the mountain to stop any plans for escape."

"It would take covering four of the sides to be close enough to actually stop any escape chance, but there are only two of us who can fight." Maildramon commented, knowing of Felis' leg injury.

"Make that three, it's healed now, so for the first time since that bastard revived, I can fight." Felis explained, while a streak of yellow and black fur was seen moving upwards out of the Mecha Norimon.

"That still leaves the problem of the fourth side." Maildramon responded.

"I know. Black Lilymon is busy with a an assassination in Beetle Land, and I'm really regretting sending Deramon to Monitor as a spy, but I have an idea." Felis responded, and while moving towards the east side of Infinity Mountain, took out his device once more and sent a message to the Grey Lord.

"We need your assistance, if this trap is going to work." Felis requested. "Go to the mountain's north side and ensure they do not take that route of escape."

"Impossible. When the time came, I would have to teleport and then mass teleport quickly enough that no one can escape this place. Even for a magic-user of my skill, that can't be done." The Grey Lord responded.(Having had a feeling creating a duplicate of the communication device would prove useful), declining the offer.)

"No, I am asking you to not mass teleport." Felis replied coldly.

"One or more of our enemies could quite possibly survive, and we can't lose King Etemon, Skull Greymon, and one of the chosen in a failed trap." Fallen Devimon's base is on Beetle Land, while Neo's is on Monitor, so their forces remain, don't you remember that?" The Vamdemon asked.

"Black Lilymon will handle the Dragon Eye situation." Felis responded.

"I do not believe this plan is worth the sacrifice as it is, and if they died, it would be even worse. Felis, I can not assist you." The Grey Lord responded, ending the communication. As Yami Leomon left for the western side, and Maildramon took the south, the protectors of the digital world prepared for a plan that could very well save the digital world to be instituted, as long as no one tried a northern escape route. Still, the thought that that route could very well be tried, and that if it was they would most likely escape was quite unsettling in the minds of the group led by Felis.

As Fallen Devimon came within range, most of the group opposing him were content to let the demon lord make the first move, they were in a defensive position, and rushing in on an attack against such a powerful digimon alone could be fatal, and when one considered he had Neo, Skull Satamon, Devidramon, Mega Dramon, and Giga Dramon on his side, it made it even worse. However, Skull Greymon was a digimon who's very existence was the result of rage, and who usually attacked uncontrollably anyone nearby, though why he wasn't doing this in this case was still a mystery to all around. And Fallen Devimon's killing of Taichi, his human partner, was the source of that rage, and he had to stop him.

"Ground Zero Modified!" The orange missile on Skull Greymon's back was shot at Fallen Devimon. But the demon lord was too fast, and quickly flew out of the way.

"Energy Cannon!" From his Metal Mamemon arm, Fallen Devimon shot a deadly blast that, while it may have been the attack of a perfect-level digimon under normal circumstances, and not an especially strong one at that, was enhanced by Fallen Devimon's power, and would surely have destroyed Skull Greymon, were it not for it suddenly careening off what was seemingly an invisible wall and falling to the ground doing little more then creating a small hole in the mountain. The reborn demon was confused, but quickly realized who was behind it. "Kisama. But no shield spell could possibly…" Fallen Devimon said, the composition digimon turning at the Grey Lord.

"No, but a barrier spell could. It goes both ways, so it takes less power to hold up then a shield that only protects." The Grey Lord interrupted.

"You would go so far as to incapacitate your own allies for the spell's duration. Even though you could probably reduce it's length to about five minutes, that's still a long time in the midst of combat." Fallen Devimon answered, diving at the Grey Lord, but not before he was attacked in the process.

"Shadow Wing!"

"Heaven's Knuckle!"

Garudamon's body glowed red in the shape of a firebird(As opposed to it's current humanoid form) and then released the glow in the form of a phoenix made entirely of flame. Angemon shot a wide beam of light from his fist, in an attack similar to the one that banished Devimon the first time. And Takeru shot an arrow for good measure, while Were Garurumon rushed over to attempt a follow-up if Fallen Devimon proved to be injured.

"Baka. Vamdemon was far weaker then I." Fallen Devimon said, his voice aimed in Garudamon's direction as he easily dodged the fire bird. As for Angemon's Heaven's Knuckle attack however, his response was far angrier. "Death Claw!" Fallen Devimon's tentacled arm snaked towards Angemon.

"Holy Rod!" Angemon swung his staff, fending off the attack, at least until Devimon's evolution could attack again.

Devidramon moved to chase after Were Garurumon, while Mega Dramon and Giga Dramon launched powerful attacks at Garudamon. "Genocide Attack!"

"Genocide Gear!" Mega Dramon and Giga Dramon shot missiles at Garudamon's wings from behind, injuring her quite a bit.

"Garudamon, can you still fly?" Sora asked, concern apparent in her voice.

"They're quite powerful digimon, but I can take them." Garudamon responded, determined not to be beaten.

"We can't take the risk of your failure." Sora responded, and her perfect-level digimon flew upward, understanding the need for escape for when the trap was sprung.

Meanwhile, a few meters below…

"Crimson Nail!" Devidramon's claw glowed with a red aura, as he cut a deep scar upon Were Garurumon's back. But the wolf digimon had quick reflexes, and despite the pain, could counter easily.

"Kaiser Nail!" Were Garurumon unleashed a claw attack of his own, slicing across Devidramon's upper arm. "You should know better then to challenge a perfect like me at your level." The werewolf taunted, causing his adversary to pop a vein.

"I'm at the perfect level too!" The devidramon yelled angrily. "Red Eye!" As the demon dragon's eyes glowed the color implied by the attack, Were Garurumon tried to avert his eyes, but higher on the mountain, Skull Satamon and Waru Seadramon joined the battle, while despite her earlier maneuvering to get Yamato into the battle Lady Devimon still didn't want to fight, still reacting to Angewomon's revelation and not knowing which side she should fight on, and if she was wrong… Sensing that neither Infinity Cannon nor booster claw had been used yet in this clash, the Grey Lord flew up in an attempt to figure out what was going on, and possibly an attempt to convince the succubus digimon to help stop the invading forces.

"So, you still won't fight." The Grey Lord said, a bit of concern in his voice.

"Correct." Lady Devimon responded.

"Of course. How could you, when you aren't even sure which side to fight on." The Grey Lord added, while Lady Devimon nodded in agreement. "But now, not battling is the same as giving Fallen Devimon victory." He added.

Lady Devimon looked out of Mugen Dramon and glanced over the battlefield, and knew instantly the Grey Lord was right. Were Garurumon was busy with Devidramon, Angemon and Takeru were losing to Fallen Devimon and sustaining quite a few injuries, Garudamon was trying to avoid combat, leaving Mega Dramon and Giga Dramon free to battle, Skull Greymon was inside a barrier spell and would probably remain that way until the battle had ended, and Waru Seadramon and Skull Satamon were jumping into the fray, while Lady Devimon's forces, even with the Grey Lord on their side, wouldn't last against four powerful digimon of the perfection level.

Upon learning this, Lady Devimon began wondering what to do. If she didn't intervene and Fallen Devimon won this major battle, if she eventually came to a conclusion that the dark lord was her enemy, it would be too late for him to be stopped. But still, fighting based on the advice of the Grey Lord didn't seem that smart either, he rarely did things without some ulterior motive, and usually it was a much darker purpose then it would seem. It didn't matter though, good or evil, Fallen Devimon would still prove to be her enemy, so she would fight, she had to fight. "Mugen Dramon, launch and attack Neo's forces!" Lady Devimon ordered. But to use the Infinity Cannon carelessly could hurt many allies, especially in such a massive battle, so Mugen Dramon would have to rely on Booster Claw, and could not even battle that easily, so Lady Devimon silently willed the others to fight on.

While Waru Seadramon and Skull Satamon would battle against Mugen Dramon, the two mechanical dragon digimon had no opponent as of yet, and believing Garudamon's plan was for escape, flew upwards after her. "I can't keep this up, if we're chased more we'll have too much altitude to help the others." The humanlike bird spoke, and Sora nodded in agreement.

"Can you fly directly over them?" The red-haired chosen asked, sensing the chance to try out her new weapon, and see if she would have some power now to help in the many battles in the digital world Garudamon would participate in, instead of merely looking on while so many others battled..

"Yes." Garudamon responded, knowing the mechanical wings of Mega Dramon and Giga Dramon did not give them the maneuverability needed to avoid such a thing. "But why" The firebird began, and then stopped, realizing what Sora's plan was. "It's way too dangerous, and you've barely started your training with Knightmon. I can't let you get killed like that!" Garudamon yelled, but it didn't convince her.

"It's not like we have any other option. If you battle against these two, you could have your wings injured, and none of us would be able to escape, so I'd die anyway. And if no one jumps in to battle them, they'll launch an attack that would surely turn the battle in their favor, and kill all of us before the trap that Vamdemon spoke of was sprung, so this is the only way." The chosen of love said sadly, and then with a smile, added "Besides, it's always possible I'll survive this anyway." As Mega Dramon flew upwards, the chosen of love hesitated, thinking that while Miyako did this quite often, this type of attempt could easily get her killed, and she wasn't that much inclined towards risking her life. But still, if she didn't, she was probably dead anyway, so knowing this, Sora leaped from Garudamon's incredibly large talons, and with a downward swing of her blade, attacked the orange mechanical dragon digimon.

"Genocide Attack!" A large missile shot from the launchers beside Mega Dramon's head, aimed directly upward at it's falling opponent, easily capable of disintegrating her. Sora quickly brought up her feather-sword into a defensive position(Not a very good one though, due to her lack of training and the distraction that inevitably occurs when one is falling through the air trying to land on a narrow target.) and tried various attack names to get it to activate a defensive ability, without much success. In desperation, she tried swinging the fiery blade at the missile, and while it clanged off without being neatly sliced in two or anything to that effect, it's course was altered slightly, though she could feel quite a breeze created by the missile as it rushed by her reddish-brown hair.

By some quirk of fate(And it actually was fate, the Grey Lord was preparing a teleportation spell for when the trap was sprung) Giga Dramon was merely watching with no chance of attack, by either thinking his ally's weapon would do the trick or Mega Dramon would be caught in the blast(And destroying a fully evolved warrior to take out a weak human girl was not good tactics by any stretch of the imagination.) and Mega Dramon was distracted watching, so the bearer of the crest of love landed on Mega Dramon's body(And quickly fell from her feet as well, the landing disorienting her), but she was distracted enough to not take advantage of the downward force created by the fall and swing the blade downward as she fell in her attack, so Mega Dramon was not neatly sliced in two, or sliced at all yet for that matter. But before she could fully recover, Giga Dramon flew in at her.

But while it seemed Fallen Devimon's forces could lose, at least looking at the other areas of the battle, Fallen Devimon's assault on Angemon and Takeru seemed to be working. "Hell's beam of Destruction!" A wide black beam was shot from Devimon's wings at Takeru, prompting Angemon to react. Freeing himself from the demon tentacles he had been wrapped in with a blast of light, the angel digimon flew in front of the blast.

"Even if you block this attack, Takeru will soon die anyway. You are just throwing your life away." Fallen Devimon taunted, elated he was finally avenging what had happened on File Island, so long ago.

"You know what the crest of hope does, don't be so foolish." Angemon responded, standing before the darkness unflinchingly, and holding his staff out towards the demon.

Though Angemon had a good deal of confidence, it seemed that if the attack did not destroy him, this incident would regardless, at least mentally. "It's just like before. Even now that I've learned the magic of my heritage, Angemon's still dying to protect me, and I still can't do a thing about it." Takeru said, a rare tear running down the bishounen's face, while the chosen of hope was pounding a fist into the ground and screaming "Noooooooo!" in a stereotypical fashion. His hope replaced by sorrow, the crest did not return Holy Angemon, but his digimon did manage to survive the attack, though he was clutching one hand to his upper shoulder and watching the remnants of his right wing flutter to the ground, and was clearly in great pain. But as Fallen Devimon prepared his final attack to finish off the chosen of hope and the angel that had once almost slew him, he heard "Kaiser Nail!", a Devidramon's scream, and the footsteps of a charging Were Garurumon.

"Yamato, run towards Skull Greymon, there lies your chance for survival. I still must take down Fallen Devimon." The werewolf digimon said, and the chosen of friendship did just that(Taking care not to slip on Devidramon's blood.) tears in his eyes as he knew what was being planned.

"Garuru Kick!" A powerful roundhouse kick was launched at Fallen Devimon from behind, and the demon digimon's right arm seemed incapacitated. But before long, as Takeru and Angemon looked onward, the tentacles on his left arm wrapped themselves around Were Garurumon, and began to squeeze the perfect-level digimon tightly.

"Angemon, get Takeru to safety before Fallen Devimon resumes his attack!" Were Garurumon ordered, and then Fallen Devimon lifted Were Garurumon, and slammed him against the ground.

"Were Garurumon!" Takeru said, tears in his eyes as yet another of his friends, the digimon who had saved him from drowning so long ago, the digimon who was partnered to his brother, that traitor. But Yamato would not have ordered Were Garurumon to sacrifice himself to save Takeru if he was still fighting for Lady Devimon, unless he had been wrong about Yamato all this time. Troubled by the thought that Yamato was not his enemy, and he had attacked him like that, his sadness deepened, as Angemon flew him towards Garudamon(Angemon not having the strength to be able to fly him long distances, nor the speed to make it productive enough anyway) and Were Garurumon was being pounded against Infinity Mountain.

In the path of Angemon's flight, a battle against the two remaining dragons was being fought, but Sora and Garudamon were far from having great success in that battle. As Giga Dramon flew in, Sora brought her blade up into a defensive position, held sideways across her body, the shock of falling on a dragon digimon having brought her to her knees, and lacking the time to recover it was all she could do.

Giga Dramon was focused on attacking Sora, humans being small enough as they were without crouching, while avoiding her blade or hitting his ally. His focus on what was in front of him was great, too great perhaps, as he did not sense the danger from behind. As he brought his tail around in an attempt to sweep the human off Mega Dramon, he did not hear Garudamon's cry of "Shadow Wing!", nor did he notice the blazing firebird attacking, and when he was singed and lost control of his flight path, and crashed into the orange dragon making him do the same, he did not even know what had struck him down beyond that it was a flame attack, but if Fallen Devimon-sama had policies like those of the Mugen Dramon he once served, this would still be his end. He finally caught a glimpse of the one who defeated him right before he hit ground and was knocked out, as the chosen that distracted him was taken by the garuda in her giant talons, and they flew upwards to apparent safety, with their two opponents taken down, and silently berated himself for forgetting about the Garudamon entirely. Then, the two mechanical dragons hit the mountain, and they participated no more in this battle.

As the rest of the battle winded down to it's conclusion, Skull Satamon attempted to fight against Mugen Dramon, while a mix of darkstrom attacks and the occasional evil icicle when an Airdramon managed to break through held off the rest of Lady Devimon's forces from intervening.

"Booster Claw!" Mugen Dramon's silvery claw sped towards Skull Satamon, only to be blocked by the bone-staff of the perfection-level viral nightmare soldier.

"Darkness Wave!" A wave of either dark energy or purple bats, depending on the theory you subscribe to, sped out of Lady Devimon's chest and at Skull Satamon, but the demon digimon dodged it easily. Far from the worry that she was making a mistake and the concern one would expect when a digimon who wasn't sure of anything began to battle, she was smiling, as she didn't expect it would be this easy. As Skull Satamon fended off the bats, he was hit with yet another powerful attack, and the human he had to protect had another speeding towards it.

Waru Seadramon saw his opportunity, the chance to avenge Metal Greymon. What little of his spirit remained came rushing back, as he saw Neo's digimon in mortal peril, and he would not let what happened in his dream so long ago come to pass.

"Betamon, I'm sorry." Whamon said, a great sorrow in his eyes.

"I don't care that you're asking for forgiveness with your dying breath, I will never give it to you! You could have easily used a decoy, Piemon is the only smart one among the dark masters, and he would never have seen the tribute! It will only be so long before you are reborn in the village of beginnings, and you can't use death to hide from me forever! Whamon, after what you have put me through, even if you slew Dagomon, I would never forgive you!" Betamon yelled angrily, shocking the dying Whamon in an effort to at least deliver the killing blow to the dying whale digimon. But before long, the one who's threat had put him through so much, but still the one who's form was the ultimate form a Betamon like himself could evolve into, the dark master Metal Seadramon came, and in an ultimate stream, the steel god of the sea cut a large hole in the Whamon, and he died swiftly afterwards, before Betamon could avenge the hell he went through." Hurt by the memories of the painful nightmare, Waru Seadramon resolved to at least have a hand in Neo's death.

"Evil Icicle!" A giant black icicle shot towards Neo, the human in visible shock at the betrayal.

"Booster Claw!" Mugen Dramon's claw came downward, this time at the bone-staff of Skull Satamon itself. While his weapon was cut in two, and the bats were still eating away at him, he saw Neo's life in danger, and had to protect him. With the legendary speed his species was known for, Skull Satamon jumped in front of the icicle(His left arm frozen solid in the process.), and despite his severe injuries, grabbed Demon's chosen with his remaining arm, and sped down the side of infinity mountain in an effort to enable Neo to escape his attackers, but he would not get far.

Clang! After only seconds of running(Due to Skull Satamon's godlike speed.), the viral nightmare soldier crashed into Maildramon, who was more then prepared for any escape attempt on his side. Though he was a very strong perfect, the speed he was moving at combined with the miracle armor on Maildramon proved to be a dangerous combination, and combined with his earlier injuries, it was enough to bring him to his knees in great pain. Still not determined to fail his chosen even with his bone-staff broken, even with searing pain ripping through his body, and even unable to use his legs, he brought up his armored upper arm, in an attempt to slow down the others a bit so Neo could hopefully escape. But before Waru Seadramon, Mugen Dramon and Lady Devimon even reached him, upon information relayed by Maildramon, Felis issued a command to Giromon.

"It's time."

Angemon flew to Garudamon, and Garudamon flew Sora, Takeru, and Angemon away from infinity mountain, creating a large gust as it's enormous wings flapped. Maildramon flew away somewhat, confident that Skull Satamon and Neo could not escape. The Grey Lord chanted some words of magic, and instantly he was gone, along with much of the chosen and the group of digimon traveling with them. And then it happened.

Infinity Mountain was blown up.

In a fiery explosion, Lady Devimon's forces were wiped out. Neo and Skull Satamon were further from the blast's center, but the flying debris from the mountain's explosion and it's sheer force reaching to them, albeit diminished, slew them both. Giromon was obviously killed, his explosion having started the blast. Giga Dramon, Devidramon, and Mega Dramon were all destroyed as well. As for Waru Seadramon, no Waru Seadramon was in sight after the blast, but there was what appeared to be an unconscious Metal Seadramon in the rubble. It can not yet be said for certain what happened to Lady Devimon and Mugen Dramon, but fresh traces of the type of rocket fuel Mugen Dramon use to fly had been found above where Infinity Mountain once stood, so it is safe to assume Lady Devimon escaped in Mugen Dramon. As for what became of them after that flight, it is unknown. In a dark miracle, Fallen Devimon not only survived the blast but took very little damage from it as well, but he could not return to Beetle Land as quickly as he liked, as a Devimon's wings are built more for intimidation and attacks then flight and won't carry him that far at any decent speed. For those reasons, Fallen Devimon was still in the wreckage of Infinity, while the protectors of the digital world prepared to finish him off, but they were quickly interrupted by a grey-robed Vamdemon teleporting in right in front of the demon overlord.

"Kisama." Fallen Devimon growled at the Grey Lord.

"Stay back. He's not hurt that badly." The Vamdemon said while facing the east side of Infinity. Felis complied, and motioned for the others to leave for factorial fortress. Once they left, the vampire spoke to the devil.

"You've been granted what you desire. Neo is defeated, what remains of his forces will soon be slaughtered, Lady Devimon has departed, and I doubt she will return soon. Now that this has happened, as the only dark force on File Island, what do you do with this power?" The Grey Lord said cryptically, and then teleported out.

"He was obviously planning this, but I must know more. Why did he want to give me domination of File Island? If that was his desire, why did he oppose me in the battle earlier? His mansion should have the answers, and it's much closer to Infinity anyway, Ice Devimon can handle Beetle Land." Fallen Devimon said, and then departed towards Overdell, in the hopes of learning what side the Grey Lord was on, and why he was on that side.

Meanwhile in Factorial Fortress, a report was received…

"This is Deramon. Ice Devimon has attacked with many Kuwagamon by his side, and no one serving Neo saw it coming. Most of Neo's forces were easily slaughtered, though some are still putting up a desperate fight. It's a good thing I can hide in bushes so easily, but they'll find me soon anyway. Reports of a red eagle with black horns approaching have been made, but I can not testify as to their accuracy. All I can say is, this better not be my last report!"

Once again, darkness covers the digital world. A member of Devimon's evolutionary line is the source of this evil, and many digimon try to stop it. The chosen are summoned, but their digimon can't seem to reach the forms they need to win. And in the midst of all this, a bunch of chibi counterparts of the characters in this tale engage in much general weirdness.

"That's all? You had about a year and a half without an omake beginning, and this is what you come up with?" Chibi-Gomamon said. "Why are we cursed to have such an inferior writer?"

"Because most of the good writers left the fandom for various reasons while so many bad ones joined it, and this is what they can salvage. Chibi- Koushirou explained, while a bird-like author chibi dive-bombed the chibi of Curiosity, and stubbed his claw against Mega Kabuterimon's hard armor.

"You can't reach that form yet." The author said, confused, and then suddenly disappeared, as the conversation ended, and various spies (By which I mean clumsy Otamamon and Gekomon that Fallen Devimon didn't think were smart enough to do anything, but spy on them out of loyalty to the chosen of Purity, who after an incident with what has been described in the manga as a "Giant karaoke frog", became the princess of these digimon.) reported that Fallen Devimon was planning to invade the human world, and to prepare for a boring story arc.

"Vamdemon was pure evil," Chibi-Takeru said, still shuddering at the thought of the one who had killed four of his own followers(And one traitor who was powerless to stop him at the time) without a shred of remorse. "But the world tour arc was weak, the Demon arc was poorly handled, and reports from Frontier and Tamers have come in saying their earth arcs were weak as well."

"Devimon, was it not enough what you did to Leomon, V-mon, Daisuke, and Taichi? Must you also force a crappy story arc on us as well, driving away the few readers we have?" Chibi-Yamato said, a tear dropping from his eye, and then pounding a fist into the ground. "For all the evil you have done, I will never forgive you!"

Eager to stop Fallen Devimon from entering Earth and causing a bad story arc, the chibi-chosen rush to the gate Vamdemon used so long ago, only to find Fallen Devimon was entering through a previously undiscovered portal on File Island. Going back from the intercontinental detour, they find the gate already opening. As all the digimon begin to evolve into adult-level forms, they are killed by the Devimon chibi's hell's beam of destruction attack, all except Patamon, at least.

"Fallen Devimon, though I personally would rather the destruction would be in another world and not my own, this series has suffered through enough, and a boring cliched earth story arc must not be allowed." Chibi-Angemon said, glowing with a brilliant light.

"Before I evolved, you had to sacrifice your own life to stop me, and now my own power has grown, while you are as weak as ever. You think you can do a thing to prevent me from entering the human world?" Chibi-Fallen Devimon said, and then launched into a maniacal laugh. While he was busy with said laugh, he found a heaven's knuckle fired through his chest, and then flew back to Infinity Mountain, while the chibi-chosen remarked about how such a terrible demon shouldn't have been defeated so easily.