Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ Ultimate fight! The Battle for Infinity! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes: Reviewing policy still applies. (Gets down and begs for reviews). And by the way, the Grey Lord is based on the Vamdemon from the game Digimon World. Possibilities of Taito in this fic are virtually non-existent, due to how the plot is turning out. Please note that Warp Shinka is not just used for Child to Ultimate, but also any other time a stage of evolution is skipped. And now, chapter 4 begins.

Taichi's group of chosen children had arrived at the entrance of Devimon's lair, on Infinity Mountain. Their digimon were at their adult levels, as they couldn't waste any time during the fight evolving. As they walked towards the black castle, only about fifty feet away, the doors of evil opened. First out was Phantomon, coming out of the wall. The gray-cloaked ghost digimon was wielding a golden scythe, with blood dripping off it. Then came Ice Devimon, a demon digimon so cold, when he came out Miyako, Mimi, and Taichi shivered from the cold. Gigadramon, Megadramon, and Devidramon all flew out next in unison, the door expanding to fit them, ropes coming from their back. The ropes were tied on the other end to a black chair, which was quickly left behind by Fallen Devimon.

"You will pay for what you did to V-mon, Bakayaro!" Greymon yelled, his body bursting with fire, his and Taichi's rage uncontrollable.

"Greymon shinka, Skull Greymon!" The dinosaur digimon became a giant skeleton of himself, a missile launcher on his back.

"Devimon, you shall die!" Leomon yelled out, pouncing at his former master, who flew up and easily evaded the pounce.

"My apprentices will handle you fools, while I eliminate the real threat." Devimon explained. The chosen children and their digimon, except for

Hikari and Tailmon sweatdropped, wondering if over 6 years in the dark whirlpool had made him lose his mind.

While this battle was happening, Yamato was brooding over being left behind back in Factorial Town. "I shouldn't be here, waiting. If we are to have a chance against Devimon we need all of us. Taichi is a completely incompetent leader. If we had a decent leader, V-mon might still be here." He said to Gabumon, convinced he should lead the chosen children.

"Well, instead of feeling sorry for yourself, go get Koushirou and Iori, and lead them to the battle with you. Then, take command of the chosen children." Gabumon said, logical as ever.

"Right. Taichi, you will pay for your pathetic lack of skill, and never masquerade as the leader of us again. Thank you Gabumon, for showing me what must be done. I can't let any more of my friends die from Taichi's failures."

"Gabumon Warp Shinka, Black Weregarurumon!" Gabumon grew, to a size of about six feet and became bipedal. His head became very wolf-like, and his claws became sharper, and he gained opposable thumbs on his arms. A black coat of fur covered his entire body, while brown spiked elbow and knee guards developed over that.

"What happened to me?" The werewolf digimon asked. "How did I evolve to this form?"

"I don't know, but you have sleek fur, and the power to defeat Agumon." Yamato responded. "Now, let's get Koushirou, Iori, and Daisuke to join us."

Quite far from there, across File Island, a demon digimon materialized in the cemetery at Overdell. She walked up to the mansion at the end of it, a giant castle, it's very existence in another dimension, so it could not be reached by teleportation, only through the portal that was the door. Guarding the door were two Soulmon, ghost digimon like Bakemon only with black wizard hats. "Move aside, I must speak to the Grey Lord." Lady Devimon hissed at the undead digimon.

"My master is casting a most important spell, though it's casting time is long. He must not be disturbed." The Soulmon improvised, not knowing why the Grey Lord had instructed him to block any visitors.

"Liar!" Lady Devimon yelled. "I can tell by your voice." Lady Devimon put her spear up to the Soulmon's throat and ordered "Let me in, if you wish to continue your unlife!" She was shocked to see the doors open, and lost her grip on the Soulmon. Flying out the doors, with two Sorcerymon by his side, the Grey Lord himself flew. The Grey Lord was a Vamdemon, with the gold hair, fangs, humanoid shape, and cloak that distinguished his race. His cloak was a deep grey, unlike the black of an ordinary Vamdemon however. It should be of note that despite the name Vamdemon, standing of course for Vampire Demon, this Vamdemon is not an evil digimon, merely a powerful archmage, neutral to the eternal battle between good and evil. Though in his past it was different, and he was once among the ranks of the thirteen lords of darkness, before he turned from evil, and he was replaced by the Vamdemon who enslaved Tailmon, and was slain by Imperialdramon Fighter Mode's giga death attack.

"What brings a traitor like you to my mansion? Have you come to seek safety from Fallen Devimon's rampage?" The archmage asked, knowing that was not truly the case, but unwilling to allow Lady Devimon to know the depth of his divination magic. "That is an unusual aura glowing around you? What is the cause of it?"

"I have come to ask you the location of Saiba Neo." Lady Devimon explained. "I know you do not give access to your records easily, so I will allow you to rule one of the digital world's continents, and rank only behind Neo, Myself, and the other Lord of Darkness." She offered, hiding the fact that the other lord of darkness referred not to Fallen Devimon, but to the Mugen Dramon she would revive.

"I am not the fool you take me for. I know that if you gain this information, you will surely assassinate me." The Grey Lord responded.

"Prepare to die!" Lady Devimon yelled. "Ogremon, Hyogamon, Fuugamon, Giga Dramon, attack!"

"I do not think they are in any position to attack at the moment." The vampire digimon pointed out. As Lady Devimon looked over her shoulder, she saw them all in place, not even breathing.

"W-What did you do?" The succubus digimon asked the archmage.

"They are in stasis at the moment. You should not have crossed me, especially with my top apprentices around." The Vamdemon cackled.

"Then you will die, and I will take the mansion by force, even without my servants. But first, tell me, why did Devimon not kill you." The Succubus crooned seductively into the vampire's ear. "Unless of course, you fall to my temptation."

In the Centaur Clinic, located in File City, Felis awakened. "How am I still alive? Centarumon, you don't have a black gear. Why hasn't Devimon taken File Island by now? We are in hiding aren't we? A hiding place far below the surface, where even Devimon can't reach." Felis said, relating what he believed would happen, if Devimon lived.

"Devimon has not taken our world, but he may yet. The chosen children are holding him off, but for now we must unite the digimon, and become a force so powerful, even Devimon shall tremble at our might." Yami Leomon stated.

"The chosen children were summoned, but they lack the power to defeat Devimon. They were sent here, so that they can be used by us, to eliminate Devimon. Let's go, to Factorial Fortress." Felis stepped up, and then clutched his right leg in pain. "Ow. It hasn't healed."

"You should stay here. It will take a few more days for that wound to heal. In the mean time, you should get some rest." The Centarumon doctor pointed out.

"I would if I could, but time is a luxury we don't have. Yami Leomon, please get me a Mecha Norimon. We can eliminate the corrupt human world, and save our world at the same time. The journey begins, to Factorial Fortress." Felis ordered, ready to begin the mission.

"Devimon, you coward. You can't run from me for long. Beast King Fist!" Leomon roared, as a lion head shot from his fist, and shot towards Devimon. Phantomon floated over behind him, and attacked.

"Soul Chopper!" Phantomon swung his mighty scythe, and most digimon wouldn't be able to hear him sneaking up. But Leomon was a feline, with hearing to boot. He quickly unsheathed his sword and slashed. Sword hit scythe, and the sword turned into data, and flew away, destroyed.

"My next attack will kill you!" The ghost digimon screamed. While this was going on, Ice Devimon had a fight of his own. Aquillamon and Togemon were facing off against him, though the bird digimon could barely fly. Skull Greymon's was shooting at Mega Dramon and Giga Dramon, who were using Genocide attacks right back. Stingmon and Ken had run into the fortress, with Devidramon giving chase.

"Now, as for the real fight. Pressure!" A tentacle sprang from one of Fallen Devimon's arms, and constricted around Hikari, squeezing the life out of the half-angel.

"Hikari! I'll save you, Cat Kick!" Tailmon leaped at the demon lord, foot outstretched, vulnerable to be countered by Fallen Devimon's next attack.

"Scissor Horns Omega!" Fallen Devimon ducked, and took a swipe at the cat digimon with his Ookuwamon horns. The attack hit, and the feline digimon was sent unconscious and slammed into the ground at over three hundred miles an hour.

Hikari was very sad at this point. She had been captured by the worst evil left in the digital world. Tailmon, after trying to save her, was knocked out on the floor, soon to be killed. Fallen Devimon would do horrible things to her. Her holy ancestry gave her the power to resist, but if she used it, others like Dagomon would come. She would be raped and tortured, while her friends would all die trying to save her. She was lucky the Deepmon were defeated, but if someone stronger attacked, she didn't even want to think of what would happen. Out in the night sky, she saw a burst of fire headed towards the mountain. But why would Sora disobey orders and go into battle, with Birdramon not being any help?

Yamato had gathered the chosen children who were inside factorial town (Except for Felis, of course) and called a meeting. "I think we should all go to Infinity Mountain, at top speed, and help out in the battle at hand. As we can see here, from Koushirou's computer, Aquillamon and Togemon are losing badly to Ice Devimon. Skull Greymon is holding his own in combat, and Ken has snuck into the fortress as planned, though Devidramon gives chase. Leomon is lucky he is still alive, Phantomon is beating him that badly. And Tailmon lies unconscious, while Hikari is in the clutches of Devimon. Thankfully, Sora and Takeru are arriving at the battle scene against orders, but I don't think they alone are strong enough. Taichi is incompetent, and foolish for believing this plan would work. I declare myself the new leader of the chosen children. " Yamato spoke, and Koushirou, Black Weregarurumon, and Daisuke nodded in agreement.

"What you suggest would be treason!" Iori yelled. "I am loyal to Taichi, unlike you, whose corruption and turning against his friends has produced a dark digimon." He said, addressing Yamato, and moved to the gate of the building they were in.

"Armadimon Shinka! Ankylomon." The armadillo digimon grew powerful metallic body armor, instead of merely a shell. He grew in size greatly, while his face became more reptilian. Also, spikes appeared on his armor, and his tail became longer and clubbed.

"Ankylomon is blocking the doorway. As you can see, he is too large to sneak by, and none of your digimon have the power to lift him. You won't attack me, just to get to Taichi, I know you too well." Iori said, thinking he had successfully stopped them from interfering.

"That is where you are wrong. Get him, Black Weregarurumon." Yamato said, not caring for his friend whatsoever.

"Wolf Claw!" Black Weregarurumon leaped at Ankylomon, claw outstretched. The hit pierced his armor, and made him return unconscious to his child form. Iori, Koushirou, and Daisuke were all shocked Yamato would go this far.

"Iori, if you ever want to see Armadimon alive again, then you will not interfere." Black Weregarurumon growled. And Black Weregarurumon, Daisuke, Yamato, and Koushirou mounted Kabuterimon, Armadimon as their hostage, and flew out, headed for Infinity Mountain. Iori shed a tear. How could Yamato do such a thing, to his digimon partner? But he was helpless to assist Taichi.

"Armadimon!" He cried out helplessly, but the digimon was already gone.

Back at the entrance to Grey Lord's Mansion, the meeting between the Grey Lord, and Lady Devimon was not going well for the Grey Lord. "I tire of your waiting. I have been waiting for at least ten minutes by now. What is your decision?"

"Baka. The undead can not reproduce, so of course you can't seduce me. The location of Neo is information you will never have."

"Ice Wall!" The Sorcerymon cast their spell on command from their master, and Lady Devimon was encased in ice, a look of outrage on her face. She began trying to drill out with her spear, as the Sorcerymon left, tired out by the enormous amount of magical energy the spell took.

The battle for infinity raged on, as Garudamon and Angemon swooped down.

"I thought I ordered you two to stay back in Factorial Town." Taichi said, wondering why they would disobey his orders, but the rest of the chosen were all amazed that both those digimon had returned.

"Leomon, I think you need some help. Heaven's Knuckle!" A beam of light shot from Angemon's hand at Phantomon, but this one would not die like the one who served Vamdemon did.

"Death Sentence!" Phantomon shot a beam of dark energy from his scythe, as the two collided in midair. But he overlooked Leomon, who leaped up and grabbed the scythe. A grapple ensued, but Ice Devimon, having finished off Aquillamon and Togemon, flew over and froze Leomon's hands, so Phantomon regained the scythe.

"No, how could Angemon return? It doesn't matter though, he's dead now." Fallen Devimon said, a look of shock turning to one of confidence, as Garudamon attacked him.

"Shadow Wing!" A phoenix burst from Garudamon's wing, and flew at Fallen Devimon, who countered with an attack of his own.

"Hell's beam of destruction! A beam shot from Fallen Devimon's hand, destroying the phoenix, and hitting Garudamon's wing as well. Ice Devimon flew over and delivered the finishing blow.

"Zero Freeze!" Ice formed on the side of the fiery digimon, and it forced it to return unconscious to its child phase. At that moment, with only Angemon and Skull Greymon remaining for the chosen children, Yamato, Koushirou, Black Weregarurumon and Daisuke arrived at the battle scene, mounted on Kabuterimon.

"Taichi, relinquish your position as leader of the chosen children, or I will fight you for it." Yamato hissed, jumping down in Black Weregarurumon's hand from the insectoid digimon.

"Oneesan, how could you?" Takeru asked, tears in his eyes, wondering how his own brother could do this, and in the middle of such an important battle. Yamato remained silent, not even caring.

"Well, originally I would destroy them both, but I think I should watch the fight instead." Fallen Devimon said, as Mega Dramon and Giga Dramon knocked out Kabuterimon. "But first, I think Daisuke should die. Death Claw!" Fallen Devimon's clawed arm extended, and ripped through Daisuke, blood all over the child of Miracles, gasping for air.

"Just as I had planned." Daisuke said confidently, and then died. A digi-core flew out of his body, and in to his digimentals of Courage and Friendship. Though he could not speak, both Hikari and Ken understood what he was doing, though Ken was away from the scene of the battle. The digimentals were stronger then ever, and Courage went to Hikari, Friendship to Ken.

"No! I will not let this continue." Hikari said, in the grip of Devimon, the digimental effecting her already. "Stop this madness, Taichi and Yamato." She ordered. She could no longer hide from it. She was the daughter of Ophaniovael, an angel of the digital world. She must use that power, and stop Devimon. She began glowing with a bright light, as angelic wings sprouted from her back, and a helmet similar to that of Angemon covered her face. She flew over, and touched each unconscious digimon individually except Tailmon, healing them of their wounds.

Then, she fired a beam of light, and the battle between Taichi's and Yamato's digimon stopped. Then, she energized Tailmon with her heavenly power.

"Tailmon Shinka, Angewomon!" Tailmon's body shape changed, to that of a young elven woman, while six angelic wings came out of her back. A mithril helmet covered her face, while golden feathers covered her breasts. Featherlike gloves grew on her hands, and while one leg remained skin, the other was covered with the same featherlike substance. As golden hair flew out behind her, so did pink ribbons.

The dark halls of Fallen Devimon's lair, covered with bats, were what Ken and Stingmon were running through. Devidramon gave chase, and the dragon digimon was much faster. Stingmon tripped on a rock, and was hit by the red demon claw.

"Crimson Claw!" Devidramon slashed, cutting through Stingmon, and making him return to the Wormmon stage, barely conscious.

"Don't worry Wormmon, I'll find something to heal those wounds." He said, comforting the digimon, and then a portal crossed his eyes, while a digimon inside screamed for help. "I'll help you, but what can I do?" he said, to the mysterious digimon.

"Hold. Off. Devidramon." The digimon said, each word draining him of his energy. Ken couldn't even tell what digimon it was, as he was that wounded. But he would help out the digimon. As Devidramon's next claw came down on Wormmon, Ken leaped in the way, which would ordinarily have killed him. But at that point, his digimental of friendship activated.

"Digimental Up!"

"Wormmon, Armor Shinka, Togemogumon!" The worm digimon grew, and became shaped like a porcupine. His body became dark green, with half the face and the underbelly being pale yellow. Also, white quills were on his back, as tall as the digimon itself was. The symbol of the Digimental of friendship appeared on his leg.

"Crimson Guard!" A crimson aura appeared around Togemogumon, and Devidramon's claw bounced harmlessly off. Scared, and not knowing Togemogumon's specialty was defense, the demon dragon ran off.

"Your kindness has enabled the digimon king to return. Leave this place, as a decoy is here, not the true crest of kindness." The digimon spoke, and the portal disappeared, as the digimon appeared elsewhere on File Island. Ken did just that, leaving the fortress, and joining in the battle for infinity mountain.

"Heaven's Arrow!"

"Holy Beam!" Angewomon shot an arrow at one arm of Fallen Devimon, as Hikari shot a beam of light at another arm. Fallen Devimon was weakened, but Hikari was worse off. She didn't know how long she could continue to hold out, until Ken returned with the crest of kindness. The possibility was clear to her that they might have to abandon Ken in the fortress, as soon Hikari would fall unconscious, and she wanted to help the others escape before that. But that didn't matter, as she saw Ken approach, riding Togemogumon. With one final spell, she protected the chosen children with an aura of light, and flew them off the mountain. At that point, Skull Greymon returned to his child form. But before she could get them anywhere, a message appeared on every D-terminal. It said the following:

I need help. Lady Devimon is attacking my mansion

~Grey Lord~

Quickly, Hikari set the chosen children down, and fell unconscious, in Angewomon's arms. As Togemogumon's data popped up on Koushirou's computer, everyone was shocked that it was an armor, not a perfect. "Devimon set up a decoy. There was no crest of kindness there. But a digimon was trapped. I couldn't tell what it was, but it seems that my kindness enabled it to return to the digital world. It called itself the digimon

king." Ken said. Takeru, Taichi, Yamato, Mimi, Koushirou, and their digimon all sweatdropped.

"You don't think he means?" Takeru began, and was finished with the others all saying "Etemon."

"We must seek out this digimon king. We may need his help to stop Devimon." Taichi said.

"Another foolish mistake by Taichi I see. We must help the Grey Lord, as who knows what destruction Lady Devimon could wreak unless we stop her. She attacks the Grey Lord for a reason." Yamato responded angrily.

"And that reason is vengeance. The Grey Lord is a nightmare soldier you know." Taichi countered, as sparks came from their faces at each other. They each then turned away from the other, and asked to the other chosen children, "Are you coming or not?"

"I don't trust the Grey Lord, but I fear what Lady Devimon will do." Takeru said, and went with Yamato.

"Etemon could be a very useful ally, or a dangerous enemy. Either way, I must assist you." Leomon said, and went with Taichi.

"I fear what Etemon's return may bring." Mimi stated, and went with Taichi.

"If Lady Devimon gains the information the grey lord possesses, she may be even stronger then Fallen Devimon." Sora said fearfully, and went with Yamato.

"I think Etemon may be the key to finding my crest." Ken spoke, and went with Taichi.

"Taichi is completely incompetent, and I would not trust him as a leader." Koushirou said, and went with Yamato.

"Both missions are important, and Hikari would want each to succeed." Angewomon said, Hikari's unconscious body in her arms, and went with Taichi.

Miyako produced a coin from her pocket, and flipped it. "Heads. That means I go with Yamato."

Black Weregarurumon tossed Armadimon to Taichi and said, "Iori is back in Factorial Fortress. You may want his help." And with that, the chosen children split up, each on different missions.

At the Grey Lord's mansion, the spell cast by Sorcerymon holding Lady Devimon's servants in place ran out, and the airdramon carrying Metal Tyrannomon joined up with her. They broke the ice holding Lady Devimon, and she said to the Vamdemon angrily "You will pay for your treachery."

"It is most unfortunate that the elusive Omake beginning continues to elude us, so without one, let the Omake begin." Chibi-Takeru and Chibi-Sora state in unison.

Chibi-Angewomon flew into the ring, where the battle was taking place. "Never again shall your evil ruin an innocent mage duel, witch!" She yelled, making exaggerated motions with her hands. "By the shining light of Qinglongmon, Heaven's Arrow!"

"Shut up Blondie!" Lady Devimon replied, and grabbed Angewomon's hair. Angewomon popped a vain, and yanked Lady Devimon's chain quite literally.

"Saint A" Angewomon began, but Chibi-Lady Devimon remembered that the other Lady Devimon who fought against this digimon had died, and teleported away. Angewomon flew back into the stands, as the mage duel continued.

"Now, for a fire spell." Black Mage said, and the other chibi-magi agreed. "Fire4!" A giant column of fire engulfed the arena.

"Mana of all creation become the fires of destruction!" A fireball was shot by Cecil, into the already huge fire.

"Wax Candle!" A small amount of fire was shot by Wizaamon, while the rest all sweatdropped.

"Don't tell me that was your best. Ast kiranann kair soth-arn suh Ka Cough cough." Raistlin taunted Wizaamon's fire spell(Or lack thereof) and began his fireball spell, but it was interrupted by another coughing fit. "I knew I should have had Majoram while watching the fight." He said, and was knocked unconscious by the heat, which Wizaamon barely survived.

"Only two of you left. Which shall die first to my evil." Chibi-Black Mage said, and then realized due to his lack of keeping low-level spells in his spellbook, he was already out of spells.

It should be noted due to the horrible causes of stress, the following will happen in this Omake. Black Mage is turned into a dog-demon by Cecil, Wizaamon and Cecil clash using elemental magic, An anime reference is made and Wizaamon's forbidden school is revealed to be Abjuration. Which anime is referenced will be made the point of suspense, as it is of no importance whatsoever.

"Mana of all creation, turn this evil to a harmless pet!" Cecil yells, as the spell misfires, and a dog-demon takes the place of Black Mage.

"Surrender to me, before I use you as a scratching post." Chibi-Black Mage yells, and then recoils in pain as Cecil yells the following:

"Sit!"

"Mana of all creation become the fires of destruction!"
"Thunder ball!" Thunder and fire clash, creating a huge explosion of elemental power.(As for how fire and thunder cause an explosion, a wizard did it.)
"Mana of all creation become a shield to protect me!" Chibi-Cecil says, a white barrier deflecting the blast from the chibi-bishounen (Is that an oxymoron?)

"I knew I shouldn't have taken abjuration as a forbidden school." The super deformed Wizaamon remarks, and the screen fades to black

"Unfortunately, this scene's blood and gore would up this fanfic to an R rating. To find out what happens next, read the next chapter's Omake." Chibi-Takeru states, and the fanfic ends.

Next time, while Taichi's group searches for the digimon king, a fierce battle takes place at Grey Lord's mansion. Lady Devimon demonstrates she has grown much more powerful, but in the midst of the fight, a mysterious new group appears, calling themselves the protectors of the digital world. Don't miss the next episode, Mystery! The treason of Lady Devimon!